Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:11 AM

Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga (29563 Views)

Destiny Etiko Buries Her Father, JOHN ANONDE, Amid Tears In Enugu / Mercy Johnson Buries Her Mother (Photos) / Iyabo Ojo And Her Mother, Olubunmi Fetuga Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by peppermint7(m): 8:01am On Nov 28, 2020
C
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by peppermint7(m): 8:04am On Nov 28, 2020
ModestGal:
Very beautiful celebs, but they have all bleached,
I still wonder why some people think lighter skin is more beautiful than darker skin tone

Truth is all skin is beautiful, and darker skin is healthier and stronger than lighter skin

35% of Nigerian ladies are intentionally bleaching, 50% are bleaching but deceiving themselves that they are TONING (new word for bleaching), 15% are free and I'm glad I belong to the 15%

90% of creams in Nigeria cosmetic shops are bleaching creams but they will call them Toning creams to decieve consumers
Hydroquinone is used in the majority of the creams but since manufacturers are aware that theres enlightenment against Hydroquinone, they write its other names like hydrophenol etc, Hydroquinone has more than 10 other names, the manufacturers have now resorted to using them
The most useless brand is the Fair and white, a confirm bleaching cream, uselessly expensive as well, they wrote their hydroquinone as hydrophenol
Then Caro White, that cream is badly formulated, and loaded with Hydroquinone, this cream is widely used by poor people and illiterates, its being sold in every corner in Nigeria, its the number one skin damaging products in the market
Then all creams made from African countries, most of them don't even have Hydroquinone written on them, they could write carrot as ingredient, thanks to Nigeria that has no product importation/product control, they bring just anything

In the next 20years, Nigeria would be suffering from skin damage health condition since almost everyone is bleaching now,the effect would be seen 20years to come

The only cream in the market without bleaching element is Vaseline, this is the only thing the poor can afford, and who wants to put Vaseline (petroleum jelly) in their skin? It does absolutely NOTHING than makes your skin shine

Theres no cream for us in our cosmetic stores, importers only import junks and thus people resort to using what is available (bleaching)

I don't purchase any type of cream from the Nigerian market because theres non I can use,

I use Laroche posay, Cerave, Neutrogena, these creams cannot be afforded by average Nigerians, this is a gap that is needed to be filled, there's need for awareness.
I'm planning on starting a cosmetic formulation business, just to help Nigerians, but its way too expensive to start, I will never participate in the so called Organic cream mixing rubbish that is very common, those ones are worst, people learning formulation on WhatsApp and selling without batch/microbial testing. Well, when I have the funds,I will start, I really pity Nigerians, we are so backward in every aspect
Wait is this a style of begging abi na format
Did i just see Well when I have the funds I will start poverty kee u der idiot
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by omoyeni37: 8:08am On Nov 28, 2020
MAY HER GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by crackhouse(m): 8:19am On Nov 28, 2020
This makeup strong. Looks like a wedding ceremony.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 28, 2020
ModestGal:
I still wonder why some people think lighter skin is more beautiful than darker skin tone

Truth is all skin is beautiful, and darker skin is healthier and stronger than lighter skin

35% of Nigerian ladies are intentionally bleaching, 50% are bleaching but deceiving themselves that they are TONING (new word for bleaching), 15% are free and I'm glad I belong to the 15%

90% of creams in Nigeria cosmetic shops are bleaching creams but they will call them Toning creams to decieve consumers
Hydroquinone is used in the majority of the creams but since manufacturers are aware that theres enlightenment against Hydroquinone, they write its other names like hydrophenol etc, Hydroquinone has more than 10 other names, the manufacturers have now resorted to using them
The most useless brand is the Fair and white, a confirm bleaching cream, uselessly expensive as well, they wrote their hydroquinone as hydrophenol
Then Caro White, that cream is badly formulated, and loaded with Hydroquinone, this cream is widely used by poor people and illiterates, its being sold in every corner in Nigeria, its the number one skin damaging products in the market
Then all creams made from African countries, most of them don't even have Hydroquinone written on them, they could write carrot as ingredient, thanks to Nigeria that has no product importation/product control, they bring just anything

In the next 20years, Nigeria would be suffering from skin damage health condition since almost everyone is bleaching now,the effect would be seen 20years to come

The only cream in the market without bleaching element is Vaseline, this is the only thing the poor can afford, and who wants to put Vaseline (petroleum jelly) in their skin? It does absolutely NOTHING than makes your skin shine

Theres no cream for us in our cosmetic stores, importers only import junks and thus people resort to using what is available (bleaching)

I don't purchase any type of cream from the Nigerian market because theres non I can use,

I use Laroche posay, Cerave, Neutrogena, these creams cannot be afforded by average Nigerians, this is a gap that is needed to be filled, there's need for awareness.
I'm planning on starting a cosmetic formulation business, just to help Nigerians, but its way too expensive to start, I will never participate in the so called Organic cream mixing rubbish that is very common, those ones are worst, people learning formulation on WhatsApp and selling without batch/microbial testing. Well, when I have the funds,I will start, I really pity Nigerians, we are so backward in every aspect

I am with you on this. I have carefully looked around the skincare business for 2 years and have decided to close down mine cause people only wants TONING OR WHITENING PRODUCTS. You tell them the truth but they don't listen.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by healthern: 8:46am On Nov 28, 2020
ModestGal:

Hi... lemme tell you one reason why you won't sell? because people intentionally wants to bleach... and if you can't offer them a good bleaching cream that will give them parallel body tone, then they wont patronise.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by Quality20(m): 9:34am On Nov 28, 2020
Good
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by Hallabee1(m): 9:41am On Nov 28, 2020
Am sorry to say this pls....THESE PEOPLE DEY CRAZY JOIN MADNESS.... mama die una dey do like say na joy thing, see them laughing like say mama happy to leave them , mama wey no reach 90. Aso ebi join in how many days...
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by Hallabee1(m): 9:43am On Nov 28, 2020
crackhouse:
This makeup strong. Looks like a wedding ceremony.

i dey tell you, be like say , dem tell her say na your mama turn...mama no reach one week ooo, see aso ebi full ground and they laugh like say na joy thing
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by tfash96(m): 10:14am On Nov 28, 2020
simplexvi:
Wetn concern us? Mk una node carry useless news come front page ni... If news dn finish mk una just type get ur pvc
u just stupid anyhow
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by debbydams(f): 11:59am On Nov 28, 2020
chrizzyace:

Perfectionist!!! Always scanning for imperfections!! undecided
8smiles
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by Seyzcham91(m): 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
you see those other yeye actress there no go therr for any burial na to go take pictures and trend online with ther dresses nothing else
debbydams:
See makeup.asif its a wedding ceremony.. RIP MA'AM
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by debbydams(f): 12:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
Seyzcham91:
you see those other yeye actress there no go therr for any burial na to go take pictures and trend online with ther dresses nothing else
abi. Oo its good to look nice but..
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by shilz(f): 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2020
Fierypreacher:
shocked

See how happy they look burying the poor woman.

I hope one of these fake prophets did tell them the old woman is the cause of their misfortune.

With those smiles, it looks like they just buried their family problem.
copied from?
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by ModestGal(f): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2020
Abigarnics01:

I am with you on this. I have carefully looked around the skincare business for 2 years and have decided to close down mine cause people only wants TONING OR WHITENING PRODUCTS. You tell them the truth but they don't listen.
My sis, we have problems in this part of the world, we are very backward ehn
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by pocohantas(f): 11:46pm On Nov 28, 2020
You cracked me up. grin grin

This post deserves to be a standalone TOPIC abeg. Lmao!

ModestGal:

Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by folake4u(f): 7:52am On Nov 29, 2020
ModestGal:

God bless you for this! This post deserves 1000 likes.
Everybody is now light skinned these days, you can't even differentiate the real light skinned bawdies from the "cream" ones cos these toning creams blend their skin so well.
I also want to learn skincare formulation but it cost a fortune!!! I've searched everywhere in my city but none can teach it, it's only those N1,500 bleaching abi "half caste toning" classes that is everywhere both physically and online(WhatsApp). It's becoming annoying.
I'd like to learn from FormulaBotanica too but funds nor dey.

God go help us las las.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by VictoriaIsland(f): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2020
Really?
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by ModestGal(f): 12:08pm On Nov 29, 2020
folake4u:

God bless you for this! This post deserves 1000 likes.
Everybody is now light skinned these days, you can't even differentiate the real light skinned bawdies from the "cream" ones cos these toning creams blend their skin so well.
I also want to learn skincare formulation but it cost a fortune!!! I've searched everywhere in my city but none can teach it, it's only those N1,500 bleaching abi "half caste toning" classes that is everywhere both physically and online(WhatsApp). It's becoming annoying.
I'd like to learn from FormulaBotanica too but funds nor dey.

God go help us las las.
Yes sis,even lightskinned people still bleach, they will say it will make them white like and be glowing more,Lol
And majority don't know their cream contain the bad bleaching ingredients
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by ModestGal(f): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2020
pocohantas:
You cracked me up. grin grin

This post deserves to be a standalone TOPIC abeg. Lmao!

Okay, I will do that and write more on the topic extensively, I'm just very busy now, I types that angrily, I'm so pissed each time I enter cosmetic shops, because usually I leave without having anything to buy, everything in there are junks, bleaching soaps and creams, badly formulated, unless one visits big malls like shoprites, Casabella, Dallas etc before one can see better brands like Jergins,Neutrogena, Cerave, Aveeno, when you check all the small shops, you will only see Nivia,Jergins that aren't good and this people would think the brands are bad, not knowing they have different other better creams and soaps.
Even at that, these brands are too expensive for Nigerians maybe because of Naira to dollar exchange rates. Nigerian brands arent trying at all, if not why will I waste my money to be purchasing creams from France when all I needed is extreme hydration and moisturizing benefit.
I really wish to could up their game and bury all these African/philipine/Asia bleaching rubbish in our markets
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by folake4u(f): 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
ModestGal:
Yes sis,even lightskinned people still bleach, they will say it will make them white like and be glowing more,Lol
And majority don't know their cream contain the bad bleaching ingredients

This is so true too. Light skinned people want to be lighter than the sun. Creams actually do not make people glow, I'd only say it "enhances" the glow. The real glow up is when you eat fruits and vegetables and sufficient water daily, by then, any cream you're using is just an enhancer, that's all.

As for the matter of Vaseline you mentioned earlier, most people do not use Vaseline cos of its greasy nature.
Me sef as a fair person, I don't use Vaseline or coconut oil on my body cos it darkens me.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by We4all: 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2020
ModestGal:

You just killed it girl! But the truth is, most people use skin lightening products cos it helps with hyper pigmentation. Although, as soon as you stop using them, your skin will return back to the way it was.

Can you recommend a product for a dark skin that can make the skin glow and even? For instance, there is a soap/cream burn on my cheeks. It has been there for ages after I used a certain soap and cream.

Recently, I started using a lightening product on that spot and it cleared, but returned back as soon as I stopped. I don't want to use the lightening product again. I Tried chemical peel/exfoliation and it doesn't seem to fade. Any useful tips will be appreciated.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2020
[quote author=We4all post=96556863]

You just killed it girl! But the truth is, most people use skin lightening products cos it helps with hyper pigmentation. Although, as soon as you stop using them, your skin will return back to the way it was.

Can you recommend a product for a dark skin that can make the skin glow and even? For instance, there is a soap/cream burn on my cheeks. It has been there for ages after I used a certain soap and cream.

Recently, I started using a lightening product on that spot and it cleared, but returned back as soon as I stopped. I don't want to use the lightening product again. I Tried chemical peel/exfoliation and it doesn't seem to fade. Any useful tips will be appreciated.

Chemical exfoliants have high tendency of causing the skin's sensitivity to the sun(which is why it keeps coming back). What you should do is follow a simple skincare regime which is;
1. Cleanse using a mild soap like Dove or if you like black soap, get the one made with honey and nourishing oils. When washing your face, obey the '60 sec rule" of washing for one minute/60sec only and rinse off.
2. Ditch the exfoliants and go for a simple face toner like Boot Rosewater and Glycerine or Wokali hydrating face toner.
3. Serums are wonderful you know wink. Get a Vitamin C face serum or any good face serum with Niacinamide, Arbutin and hyaluronic acid.
4. Finally, moisturize with a simple face oil or moisturizer and you are good to go.
But the oga kpatakpata of them all is USING A GOOD SUNBLOCK/SUNSCREEN CREAM of SPF 50 and above.
Try these and thank me later grin. Meanwhile, I sell and formulate quality skincare products, you can check my new page on instagram called ABIGARNICS.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
Chemical exfoliants have high tendency of causing the skin's sensitivity to the sun(which is why it keeps coming back). What you should do is follow a simple skincare regime which is;
1. Cleanse using a mild soap like Dove or if you like black soap, get the one made with honey and nourishing oils. When washing your face, obey the '60 sec rule" of washing for one minute/60sec only and rinse off.
2. Ditch the exfoliants and go for a simple face toner like Boot Rosewater and Glycerine or Wokali hydrating face toner.
3. Serums are wonderful you know wink. Get a Vitamin C face serum or any good face serum with Niacinamide, Arbutin and hyaluronic acid.
4. Finally, moisturize with a simple face oil or moisturizer and you are good to go.
But the oga kpatakpata of them all is USING A GOOD SUNBLOCK/SUNSCREEN CREAM of SPF 50 and above.
Try these and thank me later grin. Meanwhile, I sell and formulate quality skincare products, you can check my new page on instagram called ABIGARNICS.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by We4all: 6:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
[quote author=Abigarnics01 post=96592998][/quote]

Okay boss. Thanks for the tips. I'll try them out and will also check out your page.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Buries Her Mother, Olubunmi Victoria Fetunga by cupidhero(m): 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2021
ModestGal:

Okay, I will do that and write more on the topic extensively, I'm just very busy now, I types that angrily, I'm so pissed each time I enter cosmetic shops, because usually I leave without having anything to buy, everything in there are junks, bleaching soaps and creams, badly formulated, unless one visits big malls like shoprites, Casabella, Dallas etc before one can see better brands like Jergins,Neutrogena, Cerave, Aveeno, when you check all the small shops, you will only see Nivia,Jergins that aren't good and this people would think the brands are bad, not knowing they have different other better creams and soaps.
Even at that, these brands are too expensive for Nigerians maybe because of Naira to dollar exchange rates. Nigerian brands arent trying at all, if not why will I waste my money to be purchasing creams from France when all I needed is extreme hydration and moisturizing benefit.
I really wish to could up their game and bury all these African/philipine/Asia bleaching rubbish in our markets

I just told someone if i ever relocate out of Nigeria my main reason would be to have access to a wide variety of regular products which we lack in Nigeria. Just went to 3 big supermarkets and couldn't find Paula's choice and Neutrogena hydro boost gel. One of the sales girls in the supermarket laughed about my requests with her colleague because she has never seen a man request for Paula's choice.
Grooming means nothing to most Nigeria men. If you go through Nairaland i am very sure you won't find any serious male grooming thread. But you will see thousands about how bad women are.Self improvement without a beautiful skin sounds really lame to me.
Most times is not really about the price but the individuals running these stores. We have some of the most ignorant people doing what they have no love and knowledge of. They purchase and sell this useless products because they know most Nigerians have no choice but to buy and manage what ever product these stores sell to them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why My Father-in-law Doesn’t Like Me — Mohbad’s Wife / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In February 2021 / Ibinabo Fiberesima Celebrates Her Daughter, Ewomazino's 9th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.