Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes (45870 Views)

US Man Arrested For Beheading Pregnant Ex-Girlfriend (Photos) / Man Sentenced To Death In Adawawa For Beheading His Son For N1m (Graphic Pix) / Villagers Bury Man Alive For Beheading Brother In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 28, 2020
Kidnappers arrested in Rivers for beheading five vigilantes

Three suspected members of a kidnap gang operating in Rivers State have been arrested after unleashing terror for many months on residents of Port Harcourt city and Rumuodogbo, in the Emohua Local Government Area of the state.

The suspects, Uzoma Amandi, Uburize Omesi and Onyekachi Amadi, were rounded up some weeks ago by operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team.

City Round learnt that the gang’s criminal escapades caught the attention of the police after they beheaded five members of ONELGA Security Peace and Advisory Council, a local vigilance group.

The suspects, said to be members of Icelander Confraternity, reportedly posted the victims’ dismembered body on social media.

Their mode of operation was to sneak into Rivers from Abia State, kidnap their targets and take them to their camp in Chuba area of the state. Then they would return to their base in Abia after collecting ransoms.

The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, was said to have been informed about the activities of the gang in October 2020, after the gruesome killing of the vigilantes in Rumuodogbo community.

He thereafter directed the IRT led by DCP Abba Kyari to go after the gang.

A police source told our correspondent that the suspects hail from Rumuodogbo but reside in Aba town, Abia State, adding that their targets were mainly people driving flashy cars in highbrow neighbourhoods in Port Harcourt.

The source said, “They usually abandoned victims’ cars. They would transport their victims swiftly to their camp in a forest in Chuba. They accepted whatever they got as ransoms, released their victims and moved on to kidnap others.

“At the end of the week, they would return to Abia State where they all live with their families as ‘responsible’ men. The killing and beheading of the OSPAC vigilantes assisted the police to gather enough intelligence that led to the arrest of three members of the gang.”

Speaking to City Round during the week, 21-year-old Amadi, identified as one of the leaders of the gang, confessed to have participated in seven kidnappings and the killing of the vigilantes.

He said, “I am a tricycle rider from the community. I am married with a child. One of my friends known as Biggie forced me to join Icelander Confraternity. We ventured into kidnapping and I have taken part in seven operations. Biggie is our gang leader. We first kidnapped a woman in Port Harcourt in July 2020 and we kept her at Choba for three days.

“Biggie negotiated the ransom. I didn’t know how much was paid but he gave me N90,000. For the second operation, we kidnapped a man in Port Harcourt and took him to our camp in Chuba. He was released after his family paid a ransom from which I got N150,000 share.”

Regarding the third and fourth operations, Amadi explained that they kidnapped two men separately and he got a share of N200,000 from the money we made on both occasions.

He said they carried out two other operations at Chuba and Rumumaci areas which fetched him N130,000 share.

Amadi added, “My last operation was the kidnap of an Indian national. Augustine brought the job. We kidnapped the man at Rumuola and kept him at Chuba. The man spent four days with us and N2m was paid as ransom. I got N200,000 as my share.

“I relocated to Aba town because I didn’t want the police to arrest me in Rivers State. Unfortunately, the police traced me to Aba where I was eventually arrested.”

The suspect admitted that they murdered the local security guards to avenge the alleged killing of the residents of Rumuodogbo.

He said, “We killed the five OSPAC vigilantes because they killed some people in our community. We beheaded them and took their heads round our community. We threatened to kill more vigilantes if they didn’t leave our community.”

In his account, Omesi, 28, also a native of Rumuodogbo, claimed that hardship occasioned by the COVID-19 lockdown pushed him to join the gang to fend for his wife and their two children.

He said, “I am a tricycle rider. It was one Oneyebuchi that invited me to partake in kidnapping. I didn’t go out with the team to kidnap victims. I once watched over a victim at the camp together with some members. I spent one week with the victim while I was armed with an AK-47 rifle.

“I left the camp after one week because Onyebuchi, who is our boss, refused to supply food to us. I don’t know how the victim was released but Onyebuchi later gave me N30,000. The police arrested me in my house in Aba.”

https://punchng.com/kidnappers-arrested-in-rivers-for-beheading-five-vigilantes/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Equal2DeTask(m): 4:59am On Nov 28, 2020
Behead them as well.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 28, 2020
The security situation in the country is out of hand and most of crimes these days don't make headlines because no space to fit them all in .
State of emergency should be declared before it's too late .
In fact yesterday 2 people were kidnapped in Calabar ,it's no longer news. On monday 1 person was kidnapped.
Communal clash in Akwa ibom - 8 people died last sunday .
There's serious cult wars ,deaths and rapes going on in Ibesikpo Asutan , Onna, ibiono, Nsit Ubium and Ikot Abasi in Akwa ibom ,Ogoja and Ugep in cross river , Aba,Onitsha, rivers state , etc. you won't find these news on the headlines only from family and friends in those places and on facebook.

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by TonyBK: 5:04am On Nov 28, 2020
The lazy yoot buhari talked about. Anyway they should use them as fresh cadaver for medical students to practice.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by dogmart(m): 5:09am On Nov 28, 2020
shocked
The Heart of man is desperately wicked! Sometimes one can't help but wonder if these people are still human? Cuz I don't understand !

Join DogmartTV today and enjoy lots of interesting pet informations and entertainment.

If you are a pet lover, this is one place you ought to be wink

Simply click:

https:///23408068738381?text=Hello%2CI%20Want%20To%20Join%20DogmartTV%20My%20Name%20Is%20

Or send "Hi" to 080 6873 8381 on WhatsApp.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 28, 2020
Mortgage system should be introduced into Nigeria to the middle class and lower class according to credit integrity, while increasing custom duty on finished goods to prevent excessive escape of foreign exchange.

The drastic reduction in buying power even in paid employment is leading people to extreme measures and causing massive brain-drain to other countries..

5 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Karlifate: 5:12am On Nov 28, 2020

Speaking to City Round during the week, 21-year-old Amadi, identified as one of the leaders of the gang, confessed to have participated in seven kidnappings and the killing of the vigilantes.

Chai!

Such a young bloke, wasting away.
Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by tillaman(m): 5:15am On Nov 28, 2020
angry
Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by mightyhazel: 5:15am On Nov 28, 2020
They should be sold whole sale to big organ clinics.. every single organ harvested and sold.

Returns which should be in tens of millions donated to the family of the slain vigilante members as compensation..

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Yenefer(f): 5:25am On Nov 28, 2020
The suspects, Uzoma Amandi, Uburize Omesi and Onyekachi Amadi

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by adecz: 6:10am On Nov 28, 2020
Biafran Amaka nationals on duty.... cool cool cool cool

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by AlhajiNatty(m): 6:22am On Nov 28, 2020
I have no doubt the court would approve for them to be wasted legally.
Isi kotere evu, o gbakasia ya brain.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Bighead5: 6:55am On Nov 28, 2020
See weting IGBO Boys turned PH to

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Donspicey: 7:32am On Nov 28, 2020
Almost every where dey Boil...........

Insecurity hv always bn the order of the day.....

Rip to the dead.........

To the kidnappers.......,i am coming
Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by majamajic(m): 7:47am On Nov 28, 2020
Yenefer:

Those names look Rivers , ikwere

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by kingsavage: 8:01am On Nov 28, 2020
there should be death penalty for murderangry

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Fabulousl0l(m): 8:12am On Nov 28, 2020
Bighead5:

At your age, you still not have sense

24 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Fabulousl0l(m): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2020
Bighead5:

The Suspects are all IGBO from Abia State.

Yoruba Muslim, hahaha

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Fabulousl0l(m): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2020
Yenefer:

Ikwerre not IGBO

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by 24SEVEN: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2020
Igbos have corrupted Rivers. Always bringing negative news.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Coldie(m): 8:31am On Nov 28, 2020
majamajic:

Those names look Rivers , ikwere
No dae quote that yenefer and bighead, I swear una get time o

6 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by majamajic(m): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2020
Coldie:

No dae quote that yenefer and bighead, I swear una get time o

We rest after simplyleo went to kujeh
Then comes bighead

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by olufeyikemi90789: 9:11am On Nov 28, 2020
:
Biafran Amaka nationals on duty....

Fool, when did ikwerre become Igbo?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by naijadrivablog: 9:22am On Nov 28, 2020
Bighead5:

I am sure that you haven't left your hut before. Quit typing nonsense!

19 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by naijadrivablog: 9:24am On Nov 28, 2020
Yenefer:

All IKWERRE names! Travel so that you can differentiate and reason well.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Bighead5: 9:32am On Nov 28, 2020
Fabulousl0l:

At your age, you still not have sense

Collect

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Vanzcharles(m): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2020
Yenefer:

Can't you read properly. They are Ikwerres who relocated to abia to hide.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Vanzcharles(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2020
24SEVEN:
Igbos have corrupted Rivers. Always bringing negative news.

Oga read up. You are foolish. Rivers are hiding in abia state.

30 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Arrested In Rivers For Beheading Five ONELGA Vigilantes by Vanzcharles(m): 9:45am On Nov 28, 2020
olufeyikemi90789:
:
Biafran Amaka nationals on duty....

Fool, when did ikwerre become Igbo?

So why do they look like igbos to you. Can't you differentiate from their names and read the story properly.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Delta Polytechnic Slay Queen Caught & Tied After Stealing Her Friend's N250k / Couple & Two Others Caught With Human Skull In Ogun State / Many Killed In Land Dispute In Ebonyi (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.