Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar (3357 Views)

I No Fit Sleep Nor Eat – Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar (video) / “I No Fit Sleep Nor Eat” – Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar / Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Discovery4today: 10:55am On Nov 28, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2EBdyQJT4

Recall that Twitter influencer, Omotara lose membership of organization she’s part of after a video of her making fun of a beggar went viral, she spoke to bbc pidgin
I posted the video on my whatsapp status i don't know how it got to twitter,i have learnt not to play with everything, Motara, a social media influencer, has expressed deep regret over a viral video wherein she was filmed teasing a child beggar with a drink while driving in Lagos traffic.

The media personality came under intense criticism on Twitter last week after many users accused her of looking down on the poor little girl.

She was later relieved of a PR job she had with one Brothers Keeper, a non-governmental organisation (NGO).

In an interview with BBC, Motara said she is still searching for the child beggar on the streets to beg for forgiveness.

She also claimed to have given the little girl money but did not capture it in the video.

“People had started messaging me, asking me if I had seen the video. I exclaimed, ‘My life is ruined. God, forgive me!’. What happened was that I had gone out with my friends; we were inside my car and in the traffic,” she said.

“I was just playing like my usual self; I used to overplay. I was teasing the girl with the drink like, ‘I want to give you. I won’t give you’. People said I was laughing. Now, there’s this woman who sells drinks around there.

“When she saw me, she was amused, saying ‘This lady isn’t serious. Look at her playing with that beggar girl’. That was what made me laugh. As the traffic moved, I moved my car but the girl followed me.

“I told my friends to hand me some money. I gave it to her. I didn’t capture that on video. It wasn’t my intention to do anything with it. I don’t know how the video got to Twitter because it was on my WhatsApp status I posted it.”

Morata said she has not been able to sleep or eat since the video went viral. She also promised to atone for the mistake whenever she sees the little girl, who she claims to have been looking for.

“The thing made me lose self-confidence. It’s very shameful. I have an ulcer. I’ve been thinking. I could neither sleep nor eat. I’ve just been crying. I wake every morning and go back to that spot hoping to find her,” she added.

“The only thing I can do for the rest of my life is to apologise and attempt to redeem myself. If I see the girl now, I will kneel down and beg her. From the bottom of my heart, I’m truly sorry. I didn’t mean it the way people took it.

“I’ve learned not everything is a joke; Nobody deserves being looked down on. Not all personal stuff should go online.”

In the widely condemned video, Motara could be seen holding a bottle of drink while asking the little girl if she cared for it.

But instead of giving the child beggar the drink, the Twitter influencer had the side window of her car shut. She then placed the bottle close to the child beggar’s mouth while the young girl ran after her vehicle in the traffic.

Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Kosoco(m): 11:17am On Nov 28, 2020
Social media influencer my Ass.... Omg
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Sunnymatey(m): 11:17am On Nov 28, 2020
Good her senses have finally returned.

Can see she's truely sorrow.

To err is human. . .

6 Likes

Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by OwenJesse27(m): 11:32am On Nov 28, 2020
she is mad ....
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Ndibunna: 11:35am On Nov 28, 2020
when we are comfortable and inattentive, we run the risk of committing grave injustices absentmindedly."

Chinua Achebe

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by madmohamed(m): 11:43am On Nov 28, 2020
Discovery4today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2EBdyQJT4

Recall that Twitter influencer, Omotara lose membership of organization she’s part of after a video of her making fun of a beggar went viral, she spoke to bbc pidgin
I posted the video on my whatsapp status i don't know how it got to twitter,i have learnt not to play with everything, you are not supposed to look down on anybody, i am not supposed to share everything about my personal life on social medias . i will try to find redemption.
evil girl.
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2020
Sunnymatey:

To err is human. . .

There is no sorrowful here, she is only pretending because it backfired, if the insults didnt come, would she have felt otherwise?... she is wicked and has a dark heart..

Seriously this only shows a glimpse of her discussions when an almajiri topic comes up.

6 Likes

Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Discovery4today: 12:23pm On Nov 28, 2020
Esseite:

There is no sorrowful here, she is only pretending because it backfired, if the insults didnt come, would she have felt otherwise?... she is wicked and has a dark heart..

Seriously this only shows a glimpse of her discussions when an almajiri topic comes up.
Hmm
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Discovery4today: 12:23pm On Nov 28, 2020
Esseite:

She should not have done it in the first place

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Ejima1: 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2020
Who said she's an influencer?

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Ejima1: 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2020
It was obvious that she was making joke of the poor girl
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Chimezirim121: 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2020
She's apologizing now that everyone is against her
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by DropsMic(m): 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
Story..
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Notatribalist(m): 1:10pm On Nov 28, 2020
madmohamed:
evil girl.
She is not evil, enough of all this.She explained in details and is very understandable. Abi u non watch the video?

1 Like

Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Oblizdahfuture: 1:50pm On Nov 28, 2020
Ejima1:
Who said she's an influencer?

I wonder �oooo
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Oblizdahfuture: 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2020
Chimezirim121:
She's apologizing now that everyone is against her

not everyone against her �.....

Buh seriously I personally felt bad for the victim �......

To err is human though �
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Discovery4today: 2:17pm On Nov 28, 2020
you are right
Oblizdahfuture:

To err is human though �
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Kiddogarcia(m): 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
she wanted to enjoy the fame she thought thay silly act will bring, she should enjoy the punishment also, na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by haider55338: 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2020
: evil girl. She is not evil, enough of all this.She explained in details and is very understandable. Abi u non watch the video?
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Kobicove(m): 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2020
If you are a public personality you need to learn to apply decorum in your conduct undecided
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Discovery4today: 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
hmm, i no understand you comment oo
Kiddogarcia:
she wanted to enjoy the fame she thought thay silly act will bring, she should enjoy the punishment also, na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Discovery4today: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2020
exactly
Kobicove:
If you are a public personality you need to learn to apply decorum in your conduct undecided
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by greymiles: 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2020
Oblizdahfuture:

To err is human though �
go and sit down wit this ur boring "to err is human"
the girl na foolish girl, simple
make she go find anoda work

1 Like

Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2020
Ode!

Una go dey tag every Tom dick and Harry influencer. Wetin this one dey influence? Dumb followers

1 Like

Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Ayo2004: 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
After them give her intercontinental dragging grin

1 Like

Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Discovery4today: 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2020
grin grin grin
Ayo2004:
After them give her intercontinental dragging grin
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2020
But you can have sex nah!

Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Uyi168: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2020
Sunnymatey:

To err is human. . .
Shes saying all these because the video went viral...

As far for me, it's good riddance to bad rubbish....

Don't even know who these idiots are influencing..
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by mytime24(f): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
Go nd sin no more
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Discovery4today: 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2020
grin
mytime24:
Go nd sin no more
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Discovery4today: 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2020
mytime24:
Go nd sin no more
Not everyone will do so
Re: I Can't Eat, Sleep ,Influencer Motara Regrets Mocking Child Beggar by Mastakija(m): 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2020
u go still hear we!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What in the World are these bodies doing thoses dresses. / Chika Ike – Nollywood Actress Heavily Pregnant, Gets Maltreated By Hubby / WoW:- Ciara rejects $500,000 ring from boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.