Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,573 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging (42701 Views)

Actress Ekene Umenwa Leaves Her Hubby To Kneel For Moses Bliss At Her Wedding / Photo; Coca-cola Under Fire For Naming A Can Of Drink After The Female Sex Organ / Ireti Osayemi Leaves Her Marriage After 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Ndlistic(m): 9:55am On Nov 23, 2020
A Twitter influencer has sparked outrage after she was filmed enticing a child beggar with a bottle of drink only to leave her hanging.

In the video, the influencer known as Motara is seen driving in traffic when a child beggar walks up to her window to beg.

Motara motions with her bottle of drink, asking if the child wants to drink and she nods. With the window still up, Motara places the mouth of the bottle near the girl's mouth.

As the cars start moving, the girl runs after Motara's car, hoping for the drink, but the Twitter influencer continues to use the drink to raise her hopes without actually giving the child the drink.

She ends up laughing at the child before gulping down the drink and driving off.

Motara shared the video on her WhatsApp status then took it down, but it had already been captured by others and it went viral.

After she was called out, she issued an apology on Twitter.

Her apology reads:
"I made the video yesterday cause stupidly I thought it was funny.
I went ahead to foolishly post it on my whatsapp story and immediately I did a lot of people called me out on my stupidity and I deleted it cos I realized that my actions were extreme.

"I'm sorry for mocking the girl and no amount of money I would have given her would have justified what I actually did. I realized that yesterday and it has resonated again today. Sorry doesn't fix anything but I hope it can somehow lessen the blows of my stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YonjShIGvIM
Meanwhile The Influencer, Omotara Loses Membership Of Organization She's’s Part Of After A Video Of Her Making Fun Of A Beggar Went Viral.

Brothers Keepers which is one of the organizations she is part of, has now cut her off following the anger the video incited. Making the announcement on Twitter, the group wrote;

Brotherskeeper is an organisation that believes in humanitarian services and not the contrary. Due to this, we regret to announce that @ladymotara is no longer a member of Brotherskeeper and has been suspended from her duty as the Pro henceforth. The reason for this decision stems from a viral video circulating on social media of our PRO making fun of a beggar in her car while driving and sipping her drink.

This act goes contrary to what our great organization stands for and believes in; therefore, it has been condemned in all sincerity. She is hereby directed to handover every documents of the Brotherskeeper organisation in her custody. We wish her good luck in her endeavours. Brotherskeeper will never be in support of any degrading or dehumanising act. We stand for love, tolerance and much more.

Source:
https://mobile.twitter.com/_Brotherkeepers/status/1330586790693122051

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Ndlistic(m): 9:56am On Nov 23, 2020
More...

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Ndlistic(m): 9:56am On Nov 23, 2020
More

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Nbotee(m): 10:00am On Nov 23, 2020
To whom brain is given sense is expected... There are things U do and one can assume it's jus due to a random mistake or poor choices but dis actually jus exposed her personality and apologies cannot do anything to change dat.. She is only apologizing becos she was called out and she foolishly even mentioned dat

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Pierocash(m): 10:12am On Nov 23, 2020
Let her establish her own organisation "brothersmockers" because that is who she actually is.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Johnson225(m): 10:54am On Nov 23, 2020
Clout chasing gone wrong cheesy

Just ignore if you don’t want to help. No need to mock them on top. We Nigerians only hate oppression when we are on the receiving end. Many of us are no better than the leaders we berate daily.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by flexd99(m): 10:54am On Nov 23, 2020
Like nlders say.....clout chaser

BTW,
We still remain your sure plug for UK used laptops
Contact in signature
Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by LandOwners: 10:54am On Nov 23, 2020
Insensitive

6 Likes

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Risingblue008(m): 10:55am On Nov 23, 2020
Well done
Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by MrAnele(m): 10:55am On Nov 23, 2020
Most Nigerian women are heartless... That's just the fact

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Cmanforall: 10:55am On Nov 23, 2020
Oh no
Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by STRI1: 10:55am On Nov 23, 2020
Great
Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by ATEAMS: 10:55am On Nov 23, 2020
So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they’re busy doing things they think are important. This is because they’re chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Brandonx(m): 10:55am On Nov 23, 2020
I'm so pained right now! If you have no intention of helping the young girl why mock her ? That innocent child did not beg to be brought into this cruel world. If only you know what those kids go through you won't mock them.probably that child has not had a good meal for days and you chose to mock her ? Make God not allow your kids go through what that child is going through.

They don't have a life, they are merely surviving.

The last time I went to give beggars something look at the way this innocent children were all over me, it was just packets of sugar I gave them with some money, they were kneeling down and begging.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by SEGLIZ: 10:55am On Nov 23, 2020
nonsense
Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Xzellentgraphic: 10:56am On Nov 23, 2020
Mad girl...check my signature

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 23, 2020
She’s a trashy human being. Do you know how mentally fvcked you have to be to not only do that to someone but also record it and post on social media thinking other people will find it funny?

She is rightfully getting dragged on Twitter and I hope she loses all she’s worked for because of this rubbish.

Just ignore if you don’t want to help. No need to mock them on top. We Nigerians only hate oppression when we are on the receiving end. Many of us are no better than the leaders we berate daily.

121 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by cynthia500(f): 10:56am On Nov 23, 2020
“Action is the foundational key to all success. I never dreamt of success, I worked for it.

5 Likes

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Elmuhammadi(m): 10:56am On Nov 23, 2020
Lack of home training dey worry her

5 Likes

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by naijadrivablog: 10:57am On Nov 23, 2020
Why
Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Evect(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2020
angry
This is what happens when people make money without really working for it or going through a process....

So many big babies these days. Werey girl angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Enudapan: 10:57am On Nov 23, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

He should have given him mushin weed
To aid moral support
Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Pearlbaby(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2020
From the horrible story she told, her mother is still on the streets hawking, while she is in a car recording herself teasing a little girl that is begging to make ends meet. Some people don't deserve to be rich.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Goldenheart(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2020
sad
Re: Motara Entices Poor Street Beggar With A Bottle Of Drink, Leaves Her Hanging by Barka00(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2020
morata

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido Auditions Wannabe Singers Outside His Gate / Judy Austin Speaks To Her Followers, Thanks The Public (Video) / Gida: Kemi Afolabi & Gloria Johnson Fight Over Dauda Sulaimon - Amarachi Igwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.