Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,044 members, 7,828,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. (6826 Views)

Sportsmole Centre -its All About Exciting And Latest Sport News, Transfers Etc!! / Watch Live Sports,soccer Scores And Check Latest Transfers On Soccer / Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2007

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 11:35am On Jul 03, 2007
Tabloid Talk

Liverpool are ready to turn their attentions to signing Gabriel Heinze as they close on Fernando Torres - Various.

Sunderland are planning a move for Tottenham's Jermain Defoe after pulling out of a move for David Nugent - The Daily Star.

Portsmouth are now the new favourties for Nugent with the England Under 21 international set to hold talks with Harry Redknapp - Various.

Chelsea are lining up a move for Sevilla's Daniel Alves - The Mirror.

West Ham are targeting Fenerbahce midfielder Stephen Appiah as a possible replacement for Aston Villa target Nigel Reo-Coker - The Mirror.

Charlton are eyeing Southend's Freddy Eastwood as a replacement for Darren Bent - The Daily Star.

Newcastle are planning a bid for Marseille's Habib Beye - The Daily Mail.

Everton could enter the race for Wigan's defender Leighton Baines who is also a target for Sunderland - The Times.

West Brom are expected to clinch the signing of Craig Beattie after agreeing personal terms with the Celtic striker - The Daily Record.

Cardiff are planning a move for Birmingham striker Rowan Vine - The Sun.

Barcelona are preparing a £12million move for Chelsea's Frank Lampard - The Sun.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 11:59am On Jul 03, 2007
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2007
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2007
Won't they leave he guy alone?
He said he isn't leaving
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2007
you know the media, they pick at anything. They force people to make comments by asking unnecessary questions, the next thing they'll do is try and get something out of laporta.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2007
Man Utd 'horrified' over Liverpool's Heinze bid
July 03, 2007

Manchester United won't consider selling defender Gaby Heinze to Liverpool.
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez intends to push for Heinze once he closes a deal for Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres this week.

However, the Liverpool Echo says United have reacted with "horror" to Liverpool's interest and will do all they can to prevent the player moving to Anfield.

United were willing to listen to offers for Heinze, who has slipped behind Patrice Evra in the pecking order at Old Trafford, and it is unclear whether he Sir Alex Ferguson now wants to keep the player or look to offload him overseas.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2007
Arsenal to raid Dinamo Zagreb a second time
July 03, 2007

Arsenal are ready to go back to Dinamo Zagreb for a second big signing.
After clinching a deal for star striker Eduardo Da Silva, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger now wants to close a deal for Dinamo midfielder Ognjen Vukojevic, says The Sun.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2007
Lyon confident of 'Man Utd player' signing
July 03, 2007

Olympique Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has revealed he has a deal for a Manchester United player lined up.
Asked about his pursuit of PSG fullback Sylvain Armand, Aulas said: "He is the priority for [coach] Alain Perrin. But it is difficult.

"There are other players on our list like [Inter Milan's Fabio] Grosso, a champion of the world, or a player from Manchester United."

United pair Patrice Evra and Mikael Silvestre have been mentioned as potential Aulas targets.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2007
AC Milan put Oliveira up for sale
- July 03, 2007

AC Milan are ready to listen to offers for striker Ricardo Oliveira.
Today in Milan, the club's vice-president Adriano Galliani told reporters: "Ricardo Oliveira could leave: Kaka, Ronaldo, Pippo Inzaghi and Alberto Gilardino are our untouchable ones, obviously.

"We will try for a forward and then that's enough. There'll be no deal for [Real Madrid midfielder] Emerson."
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2007
Arsenal keen on Juventus striker Palladino
- July 03, 2007

Arsenal have expressed interest in Juventus striker Raffaele Palladino.
The Italy U21 international could be made available this summer as clubs queue to speak with the youngster.

Arsenal will have to see off competition from Parma, Sampdoria, Fiorentina and Reggina for Palladino.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2007
Arsenal expected to up bid for Sagna
July 02, 2007

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is stepping up his bid for Auxerre defender Bakari Sagna.
The France Under-21 international wants to join Arsenal and has threatened to skip pre-season training with Auxerre if he is refused a move.

Wenger returns today from a week long break at an Italian health resort and is expected to increase his £6million offer for the 24-year-old.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2007
Find out more about striker Eduardo Da Silva
FULL NAME: Eduardo Alves Da Silva

NATIONALITY: Croatian

BORN: February 25 1983, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.

PREVIOUS CLUBS:
CBF Nova Kennedy, Brazil (1998)
Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia (1998 - 1999)
Bangu Atletico Clube, Brazil (on loan 1999 - 2001)
Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia (2001-2007)
Inter Zapresic (Croatia) (on loan 2002 - 2003)

TRANSFER DETAILS: Signed on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee

POSITION: Striker

INTERNATIONAL HONOURS:
Croatia (2004 - Present) 12 appearances (7 goals)
Debut: 16th November 2004 v Rep of Ireland, Dublin (Lost 0-1)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Born in Brazil but moved to Croatia at the age of 15. He took Croatian nationality in 2002.
Scored one of Croatia’s goals in their 2-0 Euro 2008 Qualifier victory over England in October 2006.
Scored the first competitive goal in European competition at Emirates Stadium when Arsenal beat Dinamo Zagreb 5-1 on aggregate in last season’s UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round.
Scored 73 goals in 104 appearances for Dinamo Zagreb.
With Dinamo Zagreb he won the Croatian League twice (2006, 2007) and the Croatian Cup twice (2004, 2007).
Voted Croatian Player of the Year in 2004 and 2006.
Finished Croatian League Top Scorer in 2006 and 2007.
Scored eight goals in 12 appearances as a Croatia Under-21s international.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2007
Bolton trials for Alonso, Degen
- July 03, 2007

Bolton boss Sammy Lee is hoping Mikel Alonso and former Celtic trialist David Degen will join Wanderers' week-long training camp in Austria.

Midfielder Alonso, 27, is the older brother of Liverpool's Xabi Alonso, and is currently with Real Sociedad, who have just been relegated from the Primera Liga.

Swiss winger Degen, who was part of the Switzerland squad for the 2006 World Cup, is currently with Borussia Monchengladbach.

Lee told the club's official website: "David likes to play wide right and exploit the flanks. He has a good turn of pace which could add a new dimension to our style of play."

He added: "I am hoping to invite the two players over to Austria with the rest of the first team squad so we can have a good look at them. Both players could interest us for next season.

"Mikel is a creative midfielder who has an excellent passing game similar to his brother Xabi."
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 04, 2007
Cesc commits to Gunners

Midfielder Cesc Fabregas has provided Arsenal with a timely boost by pledging his future to the Gunners.

Fabregas, 20, had signed an eight-year contract last October, but Thierry Henry's departure to Barcelona has raised doubts over the Spain international's future at the Emirates Stadium.

But Fabregas, who started his career at Barcelona, insists he wants to stay in north London.

"In ten days I'll be back training with Arsenal, my team. I'm staying in London," he told The Sun.

Fabregas joined Arsenal in 2003 and has gone on to make more than 150 first-team appearances.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 04, 2007
Aliadiere excites Boro boss

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate believes his new strikeforce of Jeremie Aliadiere and Sanli Tuncay will terrify Premier League defences with their pace and power.

Southgate unveiled latest signing Aliadiere at a Tuesday press conference following his arrival from Arsenal and is relishing the prospect of pairing the Frenchman with Turkey international Tuncay.

The 24-year-old has agreed a four-year contract with the Teessiders after ending his eight-year spell with the Gunners.

"We feel Jeremie can add a tremendous amount to our team," said Southgate.

"We were conscious that as a team we've not had enough pace and energy in the side for a long time.

"Mark (Viduka) was a player we would have liked to have kept at the time, but we take on a different style now and a different look about us.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2007
Skoko handed Latics deal

Wigan Athletic have handed a new one-year contract to Josip Skoko, subject to the Australia international being granted a fresh work permit.

The 31-year-old midfielder made 30 appearances for the Latics last season despite missing the opening two months of the campaign and manager Chris Hutchings was keen to keep him at the JJB Stadium.

Skoko joined Wigan on a free transfer from Turkish side Genclerbirligi two years ago.

"Skokes proved himself to be a really valuable member of the team last season," Hutchings told the club's official website.

"He's a quality player, who's equally strong on either foot and is an excellent passer of the ball.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2007
Eduardo: Henry hard to follow

New Arsenal signing Eduardo da Silva is keen to make his own impact rather than trying to fill the boots of Thierry Henry.

The Brazilian-born Croatia international agreed a four-year contract with the Gunners after leaving Dinamo Zagreb for a fee believed to be around the £8million mark at the beginning of the week.

But the 24-year-old doesn't want to be seen as a direct replacement for club-record scorer Henry, who joined Barcelona for £16.5million last month.

"Thierry Henry is one of the best attacking players in the world. He left his mark here, scored many goals and proved himself," he told the club's official website.

"I am arriving now but when I step on the pitch I want to do the best I can for myself, for Arsenal and also for the fans.

"I admired him. He is an all-around player - strong, quick and technically very good, headers, everything.

"I can see no faults in him as a player. I want to work towards that but I'll need to work hard."
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2007
Torres set to be unveiled

Liverpool will smash their record transfer fee when they complete the £26.5million signing of Fernando Torres later on Wednesday after the Spain striker passed a medical on Merseyside.

The 23-year-old Atletico Madrid forward arrived in the UK on Tuesday and will join the Reds for a fee that will eclipse the £14million the club paid Auxerre for Djibril Cisse three years ago.

"The player has passed a medical. All the agreements are now in place and he will put pen to paper on the deal on Wednesday," confirmed a club spokesman.

Torres, who joined Madrid as an 11-year-old and has been the club's top scorer for the last five seasons, is expected to put pen to paper on a six-year deal worth a reported £90,000 per week.

His arrival will take manager Rafael Benitez's spending beyond the £120million mark in his three years at Anfield.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2007
Valencia approach Bolton for Anelka
July 02, 2007

Valencia are the latest club to make contact with Bolton Wanderers for striker Nicolas Anelka.
The Times says the Spanish Liga outfit have expressed an interest in the Frenchman, who is also interesting Manchester United.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2007
Blues move for Kingson

Birmingham City have agreed to sign goalkeeper Richard Kingson on a free transfer, subject to the Ghana international receiving a work permit.

The 29-year-old will sign a two-year deal at St Andrew's after deciding to leave Turkish side Antalyaspor following the end of his contract.

Kingson spent the last three months on loan at Swedish side Hammarby and will challenge Colin Doyle and Maik Taylor for the number one jersey next season.

Meanwhile, former Liverpool and England midfielder Steve McManaman looks set to have an influence at Birmingham next season, after being appointed to the board of the company interested in investing in the club.

The 35-year-old has accepted a role of executive director at Grandtop International, who have agreed to purchase 29.9 per cent of the club's shares on behalf of Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung.

"They know my expertise in sport in England and in particular football. I know a lot of people in the sport and I have a lot of contacts
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2007
West Ham's Zamora on Middlesbrough radar
July 02, 2007

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is weighing up a bid for West Ham striker Bobby Zamora.
Zamora is in Southgate's sights, says the Daily Star, as Manchester United forward Alan Smith baulks at a move to Teesside.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 04, 2007
Livorno lifeline for Dhorasoo

Livorno have completed the signing of former France international Vikash Dhorasoo.

The 33-year-old midfielder, who has not played since being sacked by Paris Saint Germain last October for disciplinary reasons, has been handed a one-year contract by the Serie A club.

Dhorasoo had been strongly linked with a host of clubs across Europe, including Premier League side Bolton Wanderers.

The former Lyon and Bordeaux midfielder was part of the France squad that reached last summer's World Cup final.

Livorno also have the option to extend the deal by a further 12 months

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 11:50am On Jul 04, 2007
Everton rival Sunderland for Man Utd's Richardson
- July 02, 2007

Everton and Sunderland are battling for Manchester United winger Kieran Richardson.
Everton boss Dave Moyes is moving for the England international as part of a £17 million signing spree, says the Daily Mail.

Sunderland and Sheffield United are also seeking talks with Richardson.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2007
Man Utd complete Nani, Anderson signings
- July 02, 2007

Manchester United have secured new signings Nani and Anderson to long-term five-year contracts.
Portugal winger Nani and Brazil midfielder Anderson, currently playing for Brazil in the Copa America, cost a combined £30million when they joined from Sporting Lisbon and Porto respectively.

Polish keeper Tomasz Kuszczak has also finalised his permanent move to Old Trafford after completing a season on loan from West Brom.

Nani, Anderson and fellow new arrival Owen Hargreaves will be officially unveiled to the press in the near future.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 04, 2007
McGeady eyes more goals

Celtic forward Aiden McGeady is looking to improve his productivity, after admitting his goalscoring record is not as good as it should be.

The Republic of Ireland winger has scored just 15 times in 111 appearances for the Bhoys and has targeted a double figure return for the coming season.

"I want to score and create more goals," said McGeady.

"I think hitting double figures has to be the aim for me and I know I'm capable of it.

"It's all about taking the chances you get. I had a lot of shots last season that maybe went over the bar, hit the woodwork or went just past the post.

"I think I should be looking to hit double figures as a midfielder, because when you look at guys like Alan Thompson and Stiliyan Petrov, when they were in their prime at Celtic, they were doing that."

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2007
Chelsea clear Veron wages off books
- July 01, 2007

Chelsea have finally cleared Juan Sebastian Veron's £60,000-a-week wages off their books.
The Sunday Mirror says the 32-year-old Argentine midfielder is on a list of players released by the club, four years after joining in an £15million move from Manchester United.

Veron had already flopped at Old Trafford. He was United's club record signing at the time after joining them from Lazio in a £28.1m deal two years earlier.

But after two years of underachievement at the Bridge he was loaned to Inter Milan, where he spent 18 months, before he was loaned once again - this time to Argentine club Estudiantes, where he helped them to win the national championship last season.

It's believed Chelsea have subsidised his wages to encourage clubs to take him on loan.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2007
Ronaldo defends trickery

Manchester United ace Cristiano Ronaldo has rejected claims that his array of trickery both during warm-ups and in matches is simply showboating.

Ronaldo, 21, has often courted criticism for his on-pitch actions, but rather than performing his variety of tricks and turns to merely show off, the Portugal international claims he is playing the only way he knows how.

"I cannot help caressing the ball or enjoying juggling," he said in an extract from his new book 'Moments'.

"I used to do it when I played in the street, I kept on doing it all throughout my training and I still do it now. And I will keep on doing it.

"This is the real Ronaldo. I believe that when people see me on the pitch playing with the ball before the beginning of the warm-up, they may be tempted to think that this is nothing but a charm offensive or showing off.

"If this is what you think then you are wrong, because I do it naturally. Before matches, both for the club and when I play for Portugal, I always have the same routine.

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2007
Hayes agrees Foxes move

Leicester City have snapped up Reading youngster Jonathan Hayes on a three-year contract.

The 19-year-old Republic of Ireland Under-21 international had yet to break into the first team at the Madejski Stadium, but impressed Foxes boss Martin Allen during a loan spell at MK Dons last season.

Allen told the club's official website: "I have seen Jonathan play for Reading reserves on numerous occasions. He has pace, he is direct and he is very confident.

"I took him with me to on loan to Milton Keynes Dons. He was very impressive. I took him there as a squad player to help with our running, but he did so well that he actually got himself into the starting 11.

"He is at a right age to improve. He has still got a lot to do, don't get me wrong. He is not the finished article.

"But with a good pre-season he could be a spark of energy that helps us win some matches if he does what I want him to."

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2007
Royals four agree new deals

Reading have completed a busy day of contract renewals after agreeing fresh terms with Shane Long, Ivar Ingimarsson, James Harper and Simon Cox.

Republic of Ireland striker Long has put pen to paper on a long-term contract until 2011.

The 20-year-old signed from Cork City two years ago and broke into the first team last season when he netted four times.

"I am absolutely delighted to secure the signature of one of the most exciting young talents in the Premier League for a further four years," director of football Nick Hammond told the club's official website.

"The progress he's made in such a short space of time since joining us has been phenomenal, and the faith placed in him by the manager has allowed for that development.

"Shane now has a big opportunity and the challenge for him is to force his way into the starting line up on a regular basis in the coming season."

Meanwhile, Ingimarsson, Harper and Cox have put pen to paper on three-year contracts.

"As (manager) Steve Coppell has said, one of our biggest jobs this summer is to secure the futures of our existing players, and these deals are an important part of that process which will continue in the coming weeks," added Hammond.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2007
Magpies expect more arrivals

Newcastle United's new deputy chairman Chris Mort has revealed there is still money left in the kitty for Sam Allardyce to strengthen his squad.

Allardyce has already brought four players - Mark Viduka, Joey Barton, David Rozehnal and Geremi - to St James' Park following his appointment in May.

But having offset the arrivals with the £7million sale of Scott Parker to West Ham United, there is still money available to invest in more fresh faces.
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 2:29pm On Jul 04, 2007
Tabloid Talk

Sunderland hope to sign Kieran Richardson in a £2.5million deal from Manchester United this week - Daily Mail

Stuttgart are planning a move for Watford striker Tamas Priskin - The Sun

Arsenal are in advanced negotiations to sign Obafemi Martins from Newcastle United - The Sun

Sheffield United will move for Kevin Phillips and Thomas Gravesen, but Phil Jagielka is set for Everton - Daily Mirror

Wigan Athletic will bid £2.5million for Fulham midfielder Michael Brown - Daily Mirror

Wolves have offered £900,000 for Leicester City striker Matty Fryatt - Daily Star

Chris Powell is set for a return to Charlton Athletic after leaving Watford - The Times

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Killing Virtual Football Bet With New Tricks / Thibaut Courtois Renews Real Madrid Contract Until 2026 / Sporty Bet 2 Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.