Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Gtbank`s Website Compromised - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gtbank`s Website Compromised (819 Views)

Our Security Has Been Compromised. MTN Sold Our SIM Reg Data To Truecaller. / Is Nairaland Compromised? / Is Nairaland Compromised? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank`s Website Compromised by timothyedo(m): 5:01am On Mar 22, 2011
I tried reaching GTBank`s website via http://gtbank.com around 4am on 22 March 2011 and I got the following error.

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

The attachement is the screen shot of the page.

Wow so GTBank uses MySQL, I taught they were using Oracle.

Re: Gtbank`s Website Compromised by VALIDATOR: 8:17am On Mar 22, 2011
There is no big deal about a database or a webpage being unavailable for a moment.Inability to connect to a database does not in anyway mean that the website has been compromised.
There is really nothing wrong with any organization using mysql. What is wrong is the error message being seen by casual users. A custom error handler shoul have been used to display a friendlier message.
You think mysql is inferior just because it is open source?Think again.
By the way,it is possible to use several databases from several vendors on the same website.
There may be an access list or some other security measures mistakenly configured and blocking port 80 traffic to the database. Somehow other services such as ATM,emails may still be working fine.

Note:I do not work for GTBank. I am an IT professional and I know that what you saw should not warrant your choice of topic.

(1) (Reply)

China Nokia N97 Factory Setting / Mtn Internet Signal Outage During Election! / Two Charged With Murder Of Nigerian Boy In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.