Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,691 members, 7,854,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 11:12 AM

Ojukwu Dumb, Can Express Himself - Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Dumb, Can Express Himself - Son (548 Views)

Buhari Advertorial: Fayose Has The Right To Express Himself - Fani Kayode / Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves / Ojukwu's Siblings Give Bianca Quit Notice From His Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu Dumb, Can Express Himself - Son by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 22, 2011
Hon. Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu II, first son of Dim Chukwuemeka-Odumegwu, has put a lie to various reports purporting to the remarkable improvement in the health of the ailing Biafran warlord, insisting that his father cannot yet talk, write or in any position to communicate his thoughts to anybody.

The younger Ojukwu, who was reacting to what he described as the desperation of politicians to drag his father’s name into politics said the family was hugely ‘disappointed’ at the trend.

In a statement released in Abuja yesterday on behalf of the Ojukwu family, Ojukwu II thanked all who have shown genuine interest in the recovery of its patriarch by lamented: “I wish to seize this opportunity to express the family’s disappointment in the conduct of a few persons who have continued to drag the name of my father into politics, especially at this his most trying moment, when he is not in any position to respond to what is being said or done in his name.”

He said the Ikemba, although has recorded appreciable improvement in his health since he was taken abroad, he has remained much in the same state that he was flown out – unable to communicate his thoughts either in words or in writing to anybody.

His words: “Until I left the United Kingdom last week, the progress made by my father in his recovery has not developed to the point of his being able to communicate his views and opinions to anybody, including myself, orally or in writing. In fact, this has been his condition since the crisis in December last year.”
The statement reads titled, Expression of Gratitude reads in full:

more at
http://www.alutacampus.com/forum/102-naija-politics/341-ojukwu-cant-talk-write--son#341

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Politicians Should Bury Their Heads In Shame. / April Polls: Inec Redeploy Electoral Officers. / Breaking News!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.