Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. (759 Views)

The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary / Don't Leave Your Man For Having Too Many Partners: Man Advises Women. (photos) / Man Divorces Wife For Giving Birth To Too Many Children Like A ‘Rabbit’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by Saintly01(m): 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2020
The more we ignore the role people who have no reason bringing children into this world play to making our society unsafe and the huge mess it is now, the more we build an unfortunate society, I am going to be as raw and blunt as possible, I don't care whose ox is gored, this is going to be a very long post, if you are not ready to read through, kindly scroll down to the next post. What happened to common sense? It is now common sight to see underage children engage in all sorts of activities to raise money to support themselves and their irresponsible parents, activities like street Hawking, begging and doing very degrading jobs that children and teens of their age should never be caught doing has become normal. You bring innocent children into the world to suffer and become a stinking menace to the society for reasons I still find difficult to wrap my head around, please don't tell me that poverty is the reason why parents push their young children out into the streets to be exposed to all kinds of harm and danger. No parent needs formal education to understand that they should only do what is within their capacity when it comes to the number of children they should have, where formal education fails you, common sense should adequately compensate for it. Even the most stupid person understands the process that brings forth a child, and what he or she must do to prevent conception, yet they keep popping children back to back like poultry birds kept for egg production. I understand that some women take in by mistake(I don't know how situable the word "Mistake" is), tell me how many annoying times would you make this mistake? Even our great grand parents understood the basic principles of family planning, no one is stopping you from having sex, but you should be able to prevent pregnancy. You are very poor, you can hardly feed yourself, you go ahead to get a wife, you weren't able to complete the marriage rights because you have no money left, you live in a single room without furniture, you go ahead to give birth to the first, second, third, forth, fifth, sixth and seventh child, well done "Father of all Nations", six of those children will end up as touts in motor parks, thieves and prostitutes and eventually become a problem to the society, yes innocent members of the society will be robbed by the children you failed to care for, trust me they will kill you first, because you deserve it. If you are a millionaire/billionaire or even someone who can fend for seven children and send them all to tertiary institutions/excellent skills acquisition centers until they become financially independent fine, only then will I exempt you from the foul words that I will soon rain on all such irresponsible baby factories. Imagine being the parent of a hired assassin/killer who is ready to kill for just 20,000 naira, not because they love killing but because they must survive, their sins is on you, you don't give these children of yours any form of basic education, you don't even make out time to teach them good manners at home, Oh my God, you are worse than an infidel. Don't even come here to tell me that the government is making life difficult for the masses, if the Government is stupid, must you be stupid as well? Today, these children are victims of the activities of irresponsible parents, tomorrow they will become culprits by continuing this practice and bring forth more children that they can't care for, and the cycle will continue. I am aware that Alot of such people may not read this post, it is your responsibility to educate people around you on issues boardering on family planning, safe parenting, child's right and most importantly they use of common Sense. Another issue that makes me fume with rage is the practice of parents giving out their children to other people as domestic servants, these children end up being subjected to all forms of degrading treatments, I have seen too many of such cases, infact I have intervened on two occasions to rescue maltreated children from their wicked hosts back to their parents, on taking back one of these teen girls to her parents I noticed that the mother of that 12 year old girl just put to bed again, they live in abject poverty, I could count about 5 other malnourished children crying and looking for what to eat, and yet this woman has a new born baby of about three weeks old. If the constant cries of your children for food and the fact that they are not in school can't stop you from bringing forth more innocent children and subjecting them to untold hardship, then no amount of education can stop you from having more, you are simply stupid and irresponsible. You want to enjoy the SEX, but transfer the raising of these children to someone else, aren't you an Idiot? Some young parents want to settle for just two children, which is very fine, but they end up having 5 and above because their Analog parents told them to birth more children, just in case some of the children die, Dear young parent stick to your choice of 2 alone, nothing will kill them. If you fall to this old scam the shame is on you. My parents had eight of us, four are graduates and independent, while others are still in tertiary institutions, they bargained for it, they must do what they should do to get others independent as well. I have learnt to be as brutally honest as I can, if you are out there and you are planning to be the next Father Abraham/Father of all Nations, but you don't have the kind of money that Dangote or Otedola has, you sure need your head examined. Every individual life out there matters, don't worsen an already bad situation. I was in Asaba (Delta State) recently for a transaction, after my transactions I went to a restaurant to eat, from my chair in that restaurant I could see Alot of young girls dressed in shabby clothes, walking up and down the road, I became really curious, then I asked the attendant in the restaurant if a carnival was about to go down that evening, She smiled and told me that all the girls I saw were hustlers at a close by brothel, "Hustlers" another name for "Sex for Money girls", from my quick analysis these girls are of the 18-24 age range, all I thought about at that point was "Were are the parents of these girls"? I stand to be corrected, 95% of those girls came from dis-functional families, from parents who just gave birth for "Giving birth sake". I can go on and on, this menace will take a long time to curb, in the short term, give birth to just one or two children pending when your finances can comfortably send your children to Harvard. Use your common sense, it is a sorry situation.

Williams Obiorah.

5 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
There is joy in having a large family. I love large family too maybe because I was born into a very small one but resources and most importantly time should be considered before venturing into such a quest.

If you don't have those two in abundance, biko stick to smaller family and stop recycling poverty.

Our generation is already hungry, let's not leave that horrible legacy for the incoming generation.

5 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by Laird(m): 7:13am On Nov 29, 2020
Op Thank You so much for so.much wisdom.

You are so on point

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by Focusmind: 7:18am On Nov 29, 2020
Very good points. I have been saying this for a long time. Those without means of living shouldn't have business with giving birth.

They are causing more problems to the society by bringing kids they are not ready to train. The parents of those children should be arrested and charged for parental negligence.

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by DontBullshitMe: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2020
Paragraphs!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by Sheina(f): 9:57am On Nov 29, 2020
Focusmind:
Very good points. I have been saying this for a long time. Those without means of living shouldn't have business with giving birth.

They are causing more problems to the society by bringing kids they are not ready to train. The parents of those children should be arrested and charged for parental negligence.
I wish they'll pass this into Law
Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by jennyswtie: 10:53am On Nov 29, 2020
I can't read. Next time include paragraphs where necessary

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by DonTim1: 11:04am On Nov 29, 2020
This is the reason there's so much miscreant in the North, especially in Abuja.

They litter the street looking at you with envy, disdain Simply because your success irks their lack of.

These are adults who as children were not shown love, forced into child / hard labor etc.

These parents give birth to children and with their nonchalance turn them urchins. these children also end up becoming a pain to their society daily getting their kick from violence or inflicting pain on those who values love and peace.

Typing this alone brings back painful memories of acts carried out by children birthed by their unreasonable parents who never showed them love.

Likewise religion and legislation do not help matters, as it allows these folks to just keeps giving birth like hen laying eggs.

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by Chiquitq(f): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
It's as if you took the words out of my mouth. I've always pondered in this. Why don't poor people just use contraception? Sex would even be sweeter when there is no risk of pregnancy. Instead, they enjoy saying they have a certain number of children to feed probably to gain more sympathy. I'm not like the rest of you that give child beggars or adults money. When you do, they go ahead and procreate further. A man in wheelchair who can hardly feed was given some money from someone on this platform because of his four kids. How doesn't ha know that the money would bring forth more children?

There is a five year gap between my children and it was very deliberate. I didn't have a supportive husband and I didn't want to raise children that I couldn't cater for single handedly and I'm a financially above average Nigerian.

The stress of child birth and pregnancy is not even all rosy for rich people, so how much more for people who have no food to eat it where to sleep. Don't they get tired of owing or being dependent on the wicked people of the world?

Well, you've spoken well on this topic.

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by obo389(m): 4:51pm On Nov 29, 2020
You are on point and I hope those concerned will listen and accept.
Little wonder you hardly see the rich having large families.
Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
I plan on having seven kids, I love kids alot, so I will have to marry a very rich man so we won't have to worry about the financial implications
Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by Liposure: 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
Zzor:
I plan on having seven kids, I love kids alot, do I will have to marry a very rich man so we won't have to worry about the financial implications
i like your guts

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by ADUKKY(f): 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2020
This is one topic that needs to be talked about in every part of the country. It is appalling to see couples who cannot comfortably cater for 1 child having 5. I have only 2 children and it is delibrate. The church, mosque, traditional rulers, government agencies etc. need to do more in enlightening the society on the need for family planning. Funnily, family planning is cheaper compared to the cost of raising a child.
Re: The Menace Of Having Too Many Children. by Liposure: 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2020
In some cultures it is a taboo to worry and count the no of children you have because they believe it is god that takes care of them

(1) (Reply)

Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? / H /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.