Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? (751 Views)

How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother / How I Saved My Friend From His Manipulative And Violent wife : Twitter User. / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by GoldPanther(f): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
Is there truly no love left in the world? Everyone seems very manipulative and outrightly vile, always on the look out for what they can squeeze out from another person. Never wanting another to even remotely have the opportunity of been "better" than them in anyway, why? Are we God?

This thread https://www.nairaland.com/6321082/really-being-unfair-these-two really solidified an experience I saw first hand, almost same scenario happened to a colleague, he had the opportunity to help his BLOOD BROTHER with an abroad link but he refused to share with him reason been that "how can he travel and I would remain here". I had to cut off quickly from him cos he is truly a wicked soul.

Evil knows no gender, tribe or religion. I put it to the OP that he would NOT have helped anybody irrespective of their gender or relationship with him. All the accompanying gist trying to justify his actions is to deflect from the fact that he is not really a great individual and subtly appeal to the senses of gullible ppl. Coming to NL to seek validation is stupid and really gave me the creeps especially comparing it with a first hand past experience.

I would have bought the crappy "I don't help females" gist if I hadn't seen a fellow man deny his brother from seemingly advancing in life.

What does it take to be kind? If I assist you with a link to jaapa today and you express your intense gratitude and appreciation what more should I expect? Monthly dollar repayments? 72 live cows?
6 crocodiles and 16 kegs of palmmy? What would be enough to show how grateful you are to me?

I am sorry if it seems I am lashing out, but the aforementioned thread really hit a nerve and brought back memories, I didn't speak out much then because I felt it wasn't my place to but it seems a lot of people in such situations would also tow the same line and I just had to say something.

Let's learn to love, love knows no gain. Don't be heartless, No one is God.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
You are completely right.

Evil always needs an accompanying excuse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by iammiracle1(m): 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2020
Lol, someone with brain, I read the thread with amazement, very crappy excuse of "If to say nah male I for help" BIG LIE, let's keep banter aside, how many men would willingly help a fellow guy with a abroad job link when they are still stuck in this shithole? Abeg make we hear, just say you no wan help & waka your own way.

The travel wey I travel nah babe help me arrange and fill all the documents so that one no follow rara.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by poshestmina(f): 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2020
The thread shocked me to my bone marrows.
Worst part is ,he claimed he is not dating either of them ...so what's his business with what they do with their lives over there. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided.

Humanity has really gone to the dogs!!!

I pray to have "friends" who will decide in my favor both in my presence and absence .

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by Emperor4tune(m): 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2020
wait !! so you think God was joking when he openly confess that he weep & regret creating mankind...try & invest ur trust in God,not man

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by iammiracle1(m): 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2020
Emperor4tune:
wait !! so you think God was joking when he openly confess that he weep & regret creating mankind...try & invest ur trust in God,not man

Preach brotherly!

1 Like

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by Klass99(f): 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2020

10 Likes

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by Mryacks: 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2020
Perilous times....like you rightly said, people are just depraved and vile beyond imagination these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by tobechi20(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
Envy + selfishness is the other of the day. We want our friend to be a little bit lower than us. Whenever we have a chance to help lift them higher, we back out.

I have seen foreigners who pick up unknown strangers and link them up to better condition .But in Nigeria, our orientation will never allow us.
The only person we can send link abroad is our son. Every other person must pay us.

This mindset is mostly from the south.Highly competitive region.

A friend once asked me to pay connection fee so he can link me up to a senior police officer when I got Involved in a thrival case. He wants to cash out from my predicament. .This is someone that we I normally help in emergency situation. . I gradually withdrew from the friendship.

What makes one a friend if you cannot help lift me up.

The world is becoming more logical and less emotional.
Everybody dey crack brain.

7 Likes

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by Emperor4tune(m): 5:29pm On Dec 19, 2020
Klass99:

Lol grin, I know that scripture it is one of my favourites because the first time I saw it, it made me laugh.

The New Living Translation puts it this way, and the Lord observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, He saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil. So, the Lord was sorry he had ever made them and put them on the earth. It broke his heart. t and has since given us a new charge - to Love thy God with all thy heart and thy neighbour as thyself fixated on an old charge? Have we not multiplied enough already? @ OP I hear you on what you are saying but there are still kind, good and selfless people who do things for the sake/good of others.
how will you no this good people?..the highest risk a man can take is to trust fellow man..just love ur neighbour & go your way because at times the one that appear to be good may likely be on a mission to kill you...my dear forget human beings,even God is tired of humanity

1 Like

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by Alexaonfleek: 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
[/b]Iniquity shall abound and the love of many will grow cold....[b]
Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by hassana45502: 8:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
Perilous times....like you rightly said, people are just depraved and vile beyond imagination these days.
Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by Karleb(m): 9:51pm On Dec 19, 2020
This is why I believe nobody should take this feminism / red pill too much.

Imagine failing to help a friend because you heard that Nigeria girl are wicked or whatnot.
A lot of girls have done serious evils and they cover it up with feminism.

Just have your common sense, let it guide you because its not common.

How would the OP feel if someone does that to him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by Arsenate(m): 7:13am On Dec 20, 2020
Funny how hurt ladies are about that thread but that is what they on a normal, regular day. Women never ever help men. Heck women don't even help their husbands.
Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by CHoccolaTE: 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
Karleb:
This is why I believe nobody should take this feminism / red pill too much.

Imagine failing to help a friend because you heard that Nigeria girl are wicked or whatnot.
A lot of girls have done serious evils and they cover it up with feminism.

Just have your common sense, let it guide you because its not common.

How would the OP feel if someone does that to him.

Redpill or feminism had nothing to do with tyup decision to hide opportunities from those girls.

He is a wicked person, plain and simple.

Someone with a kind heart will help their fellow human to please God or earn Gods pleasure but that guy just didn't want his female friends to do better than him in life and he started covering it up with redpill nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by genq(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Redpill or feminism had nothing to do with tyup decision to hide opportunities from those girls.

He is a wicked person, plain and simple.

Someone with a kind heart will help their fellow human to please God or earn Gods pleasure but that guy just didn't want his female friends to do better than him in life and he started covering it up with redpill nonsense.

Coming from the same witch who wished death on a fellow lady:

8 Likes

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 1:15pm On Dec 20, 2020
You have to learn to read every post on Nairaland with a smile

1 Like

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by Ryan03(f): 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
Some people are naturally wicked but looking for ways to cover up, that was what tyup did. Whatever decision one makes, he/she should be mature enough to own up to it instead of seeking validation from like minds. What are you scared of?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by iammiracle1(m): 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ryan03:
Some people are naturally wicked but looking for ways to cover up, that was what tyup did. Whatever decision one makes, he/she should be mature enough to own up to it instead of seeking validation from like minds. What are you scared of?

Going to hell alone grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by yemmit90: 5:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
Emperor4tune:

God probably regret creating a black man. An average black man dont want the next man achieve more than he has done, that is why you will hardly see a progressing black man society.
Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by JovialJune(f): 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
yemmit90:

God probably regret creating a black man. An average black man dont want the next man achieve more than he has done, that is why you will hardly see a progressing black man society.

Pls shut the fvck up, it has nothing to do with race or color, just because you see this in people around you doesn't mean other race or color can't do it too, it is an individual trait.

All this inferiority complex and "bring down my race" people sef undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by Ryan03(f): 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
iammiracle1:

Going to hell alone grin
I guess
Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by LadyHeaven(f): 9:33am On Dec 21, 2020
Eye opening thread, as the lady said above May God bless us with friends that will decide positively for us in our absence. Amen wink
Re: Why Does The World Feel A Little More Manipulative Each Day? by ExBachelor: 12:31am On Dec 23, 2020
JovialJune:

Pls shut the fvck up, it has nothing to do with race or color, just because you see this in people around you doesn't mean other race or color can't do it too, it is an individual trait.

All this inferiority complex and "bring down my race" people sef undecided
Is this Ibkayee?

(1) (Reply)

Sad As Teacher Mocks Student For Using Rice Sack As School Bag / Hardest Truth / See The Letter We Received From The Kano State Government (photo added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.