Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) (30251 Views)

Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha / Skydiving Plane Crashes In Sweden, 9 Killed (PHOTOS) / Tanker Explodes At Old Ife Road Ibadan, Destroying Lots Of Properties (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by jaybenugo: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2020
Welder Killed As Fuel Tanker Explodes At A Mechanic Workshop In Anambra (Graphic)

A tanker explosion has claimed the life of a welder at a mechanic workshop in Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State, IgbereTV reports.

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, SP Haruna Mohammed, who confirmed the incident said the explosion occurred on Saturday, November 28, about 2:30pm, at the mechanic workshop located along new road toll gate in Ogbunike.

"The incident took place when a welder named Richard 'm' surname yet unknown was on top of an empty Fuel Mack Truck with REG number XA-740-CAL trying to weld the upper compartment. All of a sudden the tanker exploded and threw the welder two hundred metres away from the truck leaving him unconscious," he said.

The scene was visited by Police operatives attached to Ogbunike Division and the victim was rushed to Iyienu Hospital for treatment where he was confirmed dead by a doctor.

The corpse has since been deposited at the hospital mortuary while investigation is ongoing to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.

https://igberetvnews.com/1373405/welder-killed-fuel-tanker-explodes-mechanic-workshop-anambra-graphic/

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2020
What a world! Condolences!

The young man must have left his home today, with no inkling that his time on Earth was ending today!
He Probably must have had things planned out for this night and the Weekend!

In all your Doings here in Earth, Make the Matter of Eternity Paramount!
No one knows what the day will be his/ her last!
Heaven is Real! Hell is Real

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Niyeal(m): 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2020
Terrible
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Niyeal(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2020
Righteousness89:
The young man must have left his home today, with no inkling that his time on Earth was ending today
U stole my FTC
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
In this remaining days of this year

may evil never befall anyone of us

The work wey go kill us, we no go collect am

if we collect am, we no go fit do am in Jesus name

Amen.

21 Likes

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by OB7Foreva(m): 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2020
Baba God pls protect me and my Fam.
Amen!

12 Likes

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Omihanifa: 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2020
Am sure the welder didn't know that what he was doing is something similar to a game of Russian roulette undecided rip to him anyways

No matter how empty a functional petrol tanker is, small fuel go still remain inside the tank. Either in form of liquid or gas

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Olasco789(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2020
GOD no go let us collect work wey go kill us too

RIP

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Simplyleo: 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2020
RIP to the welder. He died while legally searching for the upkeep of his family.

Btw, I'm just imagining the comments that would have started emanating from miscreants if this were to happen in the North.

Things like, Abokki will always be Abboki, and some funny foolish comments.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Ofemmanu1: 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2020
Wtf!
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Ofemmanu1: 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2020
Olasco789:
GOD no go let us collect work wey go kill us too

RIP

Amin Jesuu!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Gkay1(m): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2020
it is well
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by creolehunt: 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
Simplyleo:
RIP to the welder. He died while legally searching for the upkeep of his family.

Btw, I'm just imagining the comments that would have started emanating from miscreants if this were to happen in the North.

Things like, Abokki will always be Abboki, and some funny foolish comments.

You're truly a disgusting creature. Every single thing is an opportunity to throw lame tribal jabs. Get a life already.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Ayoswit(f): 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
K

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by jawalis(m): 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. I have approximate answers and possible beliefs and different degrees of uncertainty about different things, but I am not absolutely sure of anything and there are many things I don't know anything about, such as whether it means anything to ask why we're here. I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell.
RiP to the death. The kind of news that comes from Anambra these days are scary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Idontknowyou: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2020
undecided undecided Men the rate of accident happening in these state, I so so alarming... This is getting too much to bear..

Na BUHARI cause am angry angry

1 Share

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Barka00(m): 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2020
Righteousness89:

The young man must have left his home today, with no inkling that his time on Earth was ending today!
He Probably must have had things planned out for this night and the Weekend!

In all your Doings here in Earth, Make the Matter of Eternity Paramount!
Heaven is Real! Hell is Real

'Make the Matter of Eternity Paramount!' So he shouldn't do his daily hustle because of eternity?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Ayoswit(f): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
Chai cry pathetic
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by UCHIHAmask: 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1373405/welder-killed-fuel-tanker-explodes-mechanic-workshop-anambra-graphic/
i once saw a welder in ondo state doing this same thing,these welders don't know that the little centilitres of fuel in the tank with temperature has created a slight gaseous pressure inbuild the tank,any incredible increase in kinetics might be disastrous depending on the fuel volume and pressurd build.

9 Likes

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by NigerianAustral(f): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
Rest In Peace
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Sunsets: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by tuoyoojo(m): 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
These embers months

May we be at the right place at the right time

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by tchaik(m): 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2020
Seems you don't know this fellow.

The guy dey ment, christian version of BH; a bleeding extremist.

Barka00:

'Make the Matter of Eternity Paramount!' So he shouldn't do his daily hustle because of eternity?
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by ipobarethieves: 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2020
sad
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by frozen70(f): 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Pfunds: 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2020
Sad
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by mysteryman2014: 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2020
Sad but this avoidable death if normal process for welding gas or diesel tank had been followed.

We should all learn to follow all standard HSE processes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by Humanoid01(m): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2020
Barka00:

Now that he has died, will he continue his hustle in eternity?
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 10:20pm On Nov 28, 2020
I guess you meant 200 yards.
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reopening: Passengers Must Arrive Airports Three Hours Before Flights - FAAN / Construction Of Flyover In Obosi, Anambra State (Photos) / Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.