Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Finally, 25 Million Nigerian Households Will Get Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally, 25 Million Nigerian Households Will Get Electricity (330 Views)

Rice Prices Crash By Over 20% In Relief For Nigerian Households / Sale Mamman: Nigerians To Get Electricity Through Solar Systems / Ore Residents Get Electricity After 20 Years Blackout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, 25 Million Nigerian Households Will Get Electricity by TheRareGem1(f): 4:58am On Nov 29, 2020
How do I explain my excitement? That 25 million households in Nigeria will be getting electricity is so unbelievable. There are a lot of us that have called on the Nigerian government to do this for so long, finally it is happening.

Like God said; “let there be light and there was light”, and it was morning and it was evening and it was the first day and ever since then, mankind has been fixated on the concept of perpetuating the daylight hours and the solution came in the form of power.

Power is defined as a source or means of supplying energy, especially electricity or the rate at which energy is emitted or transferred. Permit me now to jump from Genesis 1:2 and cull in from 1:14, for it is from the great light created to govern the day and the Buhari administration is seeking to further chase the darkness and empower the people.

For those not up to speed, the Nigerian Government is seeking to improve the power situation across the country by commencing the process of installation of 5 million solar home systems across the country. It is not news that a majority of Nigerians, over 60% of us are off the national grid and these under-served and off-grid communities are the main targets of this scheme.

This means that, the target of this clean solar energy are those who have not enjoyed any form of electricity before.

The programme which is estimated to be worth N140 billion will include the assembly and manufacturing of components of off-grid solutions to facilitate the growth of the local manufacturing industry.
By design, a total of 5 million homes encompassing about 25 million individual Nigerians not currently connected to the national grid would be served.

With the first phase of the scheme expected to commence in various communities across the country in December, if you went home for the holidays and you find your otherwise “often in darkness”, “we run generator 2-4” hometown all lit up, then you should cheer, having been a beneficiary of one of the schemes of the Economic Sustainability Committee which was set up earlier in the year by the President who asked Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to chair its formulation and implementation.

Some of the other schemes that Nigerians have been benefitting from the NESP include the Covid19 relief funds as well as the Survival Fund which is broken down into: Payroll support and One-off grants for artisans. Social Media has been awash with the testimonies of recipients of these schemes and by the time the holiday cheers are upon us, the videos of our relatives back home with brightly lit smiles is what I expect will rend the SM stratosphere.

For those wondering why I am particularly happy about the commencement of this scheme, let me categorically say that it is as regards the jobs that would be created. The NESP’s 5m solar installation is expected to create about 250,000 jobs including in manufacturing, assembling, installations, maintenance and payment systems.

And nothing says “Happy Holidays” as much as the ability to buy chicken and presents for our loved ones. So if by the government saying; LET THERE BE POWER equally translates into Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance because they’ve put more monies in people’s hands, who am I to begrudge them of that?

Abraham Okoye, social media and public affair analyst.
Re: Finally, 25 Million Nigerian Households Will Get Electricity by Sibrah: 5:09am On Nov 29, 2020
Is this propaganda meant to subdue the anger the slaughtered farmers are generating?
Re: Finally, 25 Million Nigerian Households Will Get Electricity by helinues: 5:14am On Nov 29, 2020
They want to tell us another story again

1 Like

Re: Finally, 25 Million Nigerian Households Will Get Electricity by superlanny(m): 6:19am On Nov 29, 2020
Story, story....story. believe this news at your own risk, even learners will hiss at this useless lies.
Re: Finally, 25 Million Nigerian Households Will Get Electricity by Joyce95: 7:00am On Nov 29, 2020
Wow! Great news, thanks to this administration
Re: Finally, 25 Million Nigerian Households Will Get Electricity by Conrod: 7:01am On Nov 29, 2020
You are doing a great job, (public brainwashing) i am recomending you for promotion. check the time,u no even sleep.

(1) (Reply)

See How Wike Wants To Use And Dump IPOB / Buhari And MACBAN Playing Nigerians / Checkout How Hon. Frank Igbojindu Appreciates Awka Traffic Officers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.