Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? (12629 Views)

Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2020
FahBuLous:
Scripture reference pls

I think is this Deuteronomy 16:16
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
generationz:

You can't contribute to the support of the church even #10 but you can sit your ass down on chairs bought with other people's money and use amenities other contribute for? Or you think all those amenities are paid for with the pastors teeth?

You can contribute with your service eg cleaning church vineyards, helping with other things voluntarily, praying for members it is not about money. I don't see it like that

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by geezynoni: 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Giving should be voluntary even If you have, so you have the right to drop an empty envelope.

But whether it's right or wrong is a different matter, as it depends on a lot of factors like if you have, or if you're being led of the Spirit not to drop anything.

So there's no fixed answer to that question but it depends on the circumstance.

God bless.
What happened to not dropping the envelope at all...who are you trying to deceive?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Elsueno: 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
tsmith:

Absolutely fine, by all means return the envelope, if you have nothing to give or the intention to give.

If the Church can give the envelope without checking if you need one, then collect it and drop it back.

If the make people dance forward to give offering, please dance with them and drop your empty envelop. Your praise and worship is an offering to God not man.

The dancing forward, by force envelopes etc are all reverse psychology created by man to manipulate other men.

God bless you my brother, I like people who don't let pastors to manipulate them psychologically.
Though as for me, I only give when I have the intention, even if them give two envelopes, I return them empty. No man can force me to do what I never set out to do
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by 198800Mam(m): 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
Jones4190:
No because the scripture says you should not appear in God present empty handed

SO IF WE DONT HAVE OFFERING WE SHOULD NOT GO TO CHURCH AGAIN RIGHT?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by 198800Mam(m): 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
DropsMic:
That's cowardice..

I can't remember the last time i gave the church my offering money.. I usually sit back and press my phone when it's time for offering...

Y'all can give your pastors your money but me prefer giving it to beggars.

your wish life and choice can't be forced on others
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Lilgabby(m): 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
So na you dey always drop empty envelope for church..... I sabi you oh! Everytime pastor joshua go dey call the Treasurer group infidels nd thief...
I go tell pastor joshua....
Allah! Walaiiii...
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by frozen70(f): 12:45pm On Nov 29, 2020
omodaamola:
Dear Nairalanders! What's your take on this?

Dropping empty offering envelops in Church, is it bad? I can say that, it is not a crime that you go to a place of worship on Sunday (Church) without offerings (money you drop in offering baskets).

Modern Churches now use branded envelops to take their offerings, once they give you, you must drop it....It is even written on it 'Do not take it home'. Some churches even go as far as giving more than one envelops (regular service, not on a Thanksgiving Sunday).

Nairalanders, if you worship in a Church that you dance forward to drop these offering envelops, and you are probably on a budget to give once or you don't even have at all. What would you do? Drop an empty envelop? Is this bad?

It best you don't stand up to go for empty offering

It's left for you and your God why you can't reserve what you will give for offering during the weekend spending
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by zeestone99(m): 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2020
kingxsamz:
You better drop money inside that envelope. undecided
Do you want to rob God? Don't you know that God is using that money to feed himself, his family members and all the angels in heaven? undecided
Do you want them to go hungry?

Thank you, that's what I just told him.

How did he Rob God. Is God spending money?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by tonyson010(m): 12:55pm On Nov 29, 2020
Jones4190:

Where in the scripture ??
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Alexpetra: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
600years for you oo
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by maste: 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
It is a symptom of foolishness caused by pride. Drop the money you will use to buy the envelope instead even if it is ten naira.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Tapout(m): 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2020
Charleys:
You don't have to collect the envelope. I hope you know this.
You can politely wave your hand and smile at the same time (as if you are telling the person to wait) the person will understand.

lol...how about a scenario in which the whole congregation is going to the altar to drop the envelope?? I believe That's the perspective OP is coming from
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by HRMK: 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2020
U DONT GO TO HOUSE OF GOD WITH EMPTY HANDS!
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by HRMK: 1:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
198800Mam:

SO IF WE DONT HAVE OFFERING WE SHOULD NOT GO TO CHURCH AGAIN RIGHT?
THAT IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS!U AV TO MAKE UR CHOICE!GOD WONT FORCE U TO OBEY HIS WORDS!!
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Austin4Jesus(m): 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dear Friends, The Bibles says in the book of 2nd Corinthians 9 Vs 7, "Every Man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for GOD Loveth a cheerful giver."

To the question of this topic, the bible has already made things so easy for everyone, no one ever gets compelled to give, but it's normal to encourage brethren to give to God and people around us but Must not be compelled. Even Jesus never compells people to accept him, it's very optional.

Now, talking about dropping an empty envelop I believe you meant to say dropping an empty envelop inside the offering box, I understand what could have led to that decision, 1. Maybe you have just your tfare to go back home after service, 2. You don't believe in giving offering. Either reasons, God isn't mad at you and will never be, the only risk I see is you playing deception in the house of God, you know it's only people that put something in the envelop that should drop the envelop in the box but because of pride or not wanting people to know you didnt put offering, you also danced out and dropped an empty envelop, you may have deceived others but you can never deceive God. My advice is;
1. If you don't believe in giving in church, and you are a Christian that has accepted Jesus, why not ask that Jesus whom you accepted to reveal to your heart the importance of giving, give you the conviction in your heart about giving, pray it earnestly and I believe he will grant you revelation on that.
2. If you truly do not have money to give, no problems, God sees your heart, you can leave the offering envelop on your chair, and allow people that wanna give pass, I know this may seem very shameful but take the shame and Dance, Clap and praise God (Singing, dancing and clapping are offerings too). Tell God this is my offering to you and do it with all gladness. God will accept it much more than many people that dropped millions in the offering box and trust me, you will have money to give going forward.

God is not a man, He deals with us in ways we don't understand and He sees things differently. Just have the right heart and motive, He will never reject you.

So please going forward, Do not put an empty envelope in an offering box, for whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall reap. May you not reap disappointments in Jesus name. Amen.

And for those People saying The money is meant for God to feed and all that blabs, your major pains of many years is seeing men of God own properties and private jets, some of those men of God never uses the tithes and offerings for their own needs, they even give more to church, they are just blessed by God for the many years of working and sacrificing their all to God, God Almighty is a great rewarder, He knows how to make men give to them directly and blesses their businesses. If you wanna have that kinda Blessing, just seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness, all those things will be added to you, it may not be immediate but if you are consistent in your obedience to God, He shall greatly reward you and you will own your own private jet too if its your desire. Sorry for the long epistle.

God bless you.

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Tcwork: 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
Jones4190:
. This is pure apostasy. No verse in the bible said you should bring money to church or your should pay offerings every sunday. You are writing your own bibble.
It's teachings like these that make people stay home when they are broke.
Jesus Christ did not drive away the poor. The church is not only for those who can donate, it's for everyone.
What are we turning Christianity into.
How much do you need to buy salvation? Since coming to church is all about money.

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by waleadeagb(m): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
He want the gods to go hungry in the heaven with his family and servant of angels! Lol......that's so funny my brother. The gods is going to buy cows, goats, pepper, tomatoes etc...so that his family wouldn't go hungry cos if they go hungry for too long, the gods that created the heaven and the earth, the people and the animals will just DIE like that with his family and angels......LOL!!!

Wonderful and Ostentatious god's.........
kingxsamz:
Do you want to rob God? Don't you know that God is using that money to feed himself, his family members and all the angels in heaven? undecided

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Charleys: 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
Tapout:

lol...how about a scenario in which the whole congregation is going to the altar to drop the envelope?? I believe That's the perspective OP is coming from

Either you don't go to the alter or go dance and pass by.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Charleys: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
Austin4Jesus:
Dear Friends, The Bibles says in the book of 2nd Corinthians 9 Vs 7, "Every Man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for GOD Loveth a cheerful giver."

To the question of this topic, the bible has already made things so easy for everyone, no one ever gets compelled to give, but it's normal to encourage brethren to give to God and people around us but Must not be compelled. Even Jesus never compells people to accept him, it's very optional.

Now, talking about dropping an empty envelop I believe you meant to say dropping an empty envelop inside the offering box, I understand what could have led to that decision, 1. Maybe you have just your tfare to go back home after service, 2. You don't believe in giving offering. Either reasons, God isn't mad at you and will never be, the only risk I see is you playing deception in the house of God, you know it's only people that put something in the envelop that should drop the envelop in the box but because of pride or not wanting people to know you didnt put offering, you also danced out and dropped an empty envelop, you may have deceived others but you can never deceive God. My advice is;
1. If you don't believe in giving in church, and you are a Christian that has accepted Jesus, why not ask that Jesus whom you accepted to reveal to your heart the importance of giving, give you the conviction in your heart about giving, pray it earnestly and I believe he will grant you revelation on that.
2. If you truly do not have money to give, no problems, God sees your heart, you can leave the offering envelop on your chair, and allow people that wanna give pass, I know this may seem very shameful but take the shame and Dance, Clap and praise God (Singing, dancing and clapping are offerings too). Tell God this is my offering to you and do it with all gladness. God will accept it much more than many people that dropped millions in the offering box and trust me, you will have money to give going forward.

God is not a man, He deals with us in ways we don't understand and He sees things differently. Just have the right heart and motive, He will never reject you.

So please going forward, Do not put an empty envelope in an offering box, for whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall reap. May you not reap disappointments in Jesus name. Amen.

And for those People saying The money is meant for God to feed and all that blabs, your major pains of many years is seeing men of God own properties and private jets, some of those men of God never uses the tithes and offerings for their own needs, they even give more to church, they are just blessed by God for the many years of working and sacrificing their all to God, God Almighty is a great rewarder, He knows how to make men give to them directly and blesses their businesses. If you wanna have that kinda Blessing, just seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness, all those things will be added to you, it may not be immediate but if you are consistent in your obedience to God, He shall greatly reward you and you will own your own private jet too if its your desire. Sorry for the long epistle.

God bless you.

Your number one contradicts your number 2

And you quoted a Bible that says don't give out of necessity or grudgingly as in not to be forced to give. If you don't want to give don't give. If you want to give then give.

No one is topping you.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by kingxsamz(m): 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2020
waleadeagb:
He want the gods to go hungry in the heaven with his family and servant of angels! Lol......that's so funny my brother. The gods is going to buy cows, goats, pepper, tomatoes etc...so that his family wouldn't go hungry cos if they go hungry for too long, the gods that created the heaven and the earth, the people and the animals will just DIE like that with his family and angels......LOL!!!

Wonderful and Ostentatious god's.........

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by thinkmoney(m): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2020
Jones4190:
It's old testament injunction. The Christian era emphasise cheerful giving. But the love of God naturally compels u to want to support his work.
I have had the conviction long now, that the practice of sharing envelope or arranging for people to dance to the front to give offering is wrong, as it's a way of subtly compelling or shaming people to give.
In the synagogues that Jesus met and used, the offering box was put at a corner somewhere around the door/gate where anybody can at any moment drop whatever in. There was not a special time for collecting offering.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by generationz(f): 2:51pm On Nov 29, 2020
AwesomeStormy00:

You can contribute with your service eg cleaning church vineyards, helping with other things voluntarily, praying for members it is not about money. I don't see it like that

And it's not like you don't have the money since you give beggars, you just have coconut head. Like I said, if everybody wanted to only contribute their services, you won't have chairs to sit on, speakers to listen to and even a building to stay in.

Google the story of the widows oil. When the disciples kicked against the oil being POURED ON JESUS FEET, and the money instead GIVEN TO BEGGARS, what did he say?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by NobleDeSage001: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
If you will not put anything inside the envelop, do not collect it.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by martius101(m): 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
kingxsamz:

bros I no get bar for hand...ow I go do?... and everybody dey drop offering... undecided
kingxsamz:

bros I no get bar for hand...ow I go do?... and everybody dey drop offering...
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by TimeTraveler369: 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
If you do not have offering, then why go to church when you know that the church is a business that does not pay tax and Pastors are simply business men that have mastered preaching of Bible, branding of Jesus and cashing out religiously.

Why! Why!! Why!!!

How do you want the criminals masquerading as 'priests' to pay for their jets and luxury cars.

Please even if you do not have cash, write a promissory note of any huge amount and put it there and ensure you redeem the pledge with even more offerings to the God of man.

More importantly, preach to people about your church and invite them to come, it is called marketing, and getting them to pay their tithes is actually a recurring tax-like levy slef-imposed for the rest of your life. A real matrix stronghold without you even knowing.

I can not make the mistake Jesus made, I am not interested in shepherding the sheep, I prefer the lost sheep. The lost in faith are basically putting on their thinking cap. I prefer those atheists, there is hope for them than these ones. You mean people still pay money to Pastors in tag of Tithe and Offering. It is cash changing hands over a story about Bethlehem 2000yrs ago.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Segun87(m): 5:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
Pls is not by force to drop money inside if u gueinely did not have, you can dance to the frknt in appreciation to baba God and drop d empty envelope and return back to ur seat to continue with d service...

PeaceāœŒ

omodaamola:
Dear Nairalanders! What's your take on this?

Dropping empty offering envelops in Church, is it bad? I can say that, it is not a crime that you go to a place of worship on Sunday (Church) without offerings (money you drop in offering baskets).

Modern Churches now use branded envelops to take their offerings, once they give you, you must drop it....It is even written on it 'Do not take it home'. Some churches even go as far as giving more than one envelops (regular service, not on a Thanksgiving Sunday).

Nairalanders, if you worship in a Church that you dance forward to drop these offering envelops, and you are probably on a budget to give once or you don't even have at all. What would you do? Drop an empty envelop? Is this bad?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
generationz:

And it's not like you don't have the money since you give beggars, you just have coconut head. Like I said, if everybody wanted to only contribute their services, you won't have chairs to sit on, speakers to listen to and even a building to stay in.

Google the story of the widows oil. When the disciples kicked against the oil being POURED ON JESUS FEET, and the money instead GIVEN TO BEGGARS, what did he say?

Are u a pastor or is your father a pastor? Why the name calling? This is the problem with you fake Christian you think giving money in church will take u to heaven? I only reply to your post and u are barking like mad dog. For the record i pay my tithes and offerings in pounds sterling if you can beat that then i will respond to your post. Ho Bleep yourself you son of a bitch
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
generationz:

When u start paying you offering in pounds sterling come let us talk. You've been brainwashed with this anger attitude You've got i wonder if you'll make heaven. Seriously calling me coconut head? Wow your village people are using your destiny smh.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by mechanics(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2020
Is not a bad idea to tell them you don't have money.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by generationz(f): 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2020
AwesomeStormy00:

When u start paying you offering in pounds sterling come let us talk. You've been brainwashed with this anger attitude You've got i wonder if you'll make heaven. Seriously calling me coconut head? Wow your village people are using your destiny smh.

It was just a joke oga. Where is your sense of humor? undecided
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Kobojunkiee: 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
omodaamola:
[b]Dear Nairalanders! What's your take on this?[/b]Dropping empty offering envelops in Church, is it bad? I can say that, it is not a crime that you go to a place of worship on Sunday (Church) without offerings (money you drop in offering baskets).

Jesus Christ no send una go church go do any vain worship in his name, and He never asked you for any offering. undecided

How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. / #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews / William Kumuyi Celebrates His 77th Birthday Today

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85