Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,666 members, 7,820,341 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? (12634 Views)

Is It A Sin To Return Empty Offering Envelope Back To The Church Offering Box? / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 29, 2020
first you are not just giving to the church but to God and from the story of Cain and Abel God does not accept all offerings for God loves the cheerful giver. instead of giving with grudges and incure the wrath of God is better to drop/return the envelop empty but you will not get the blessing that comes from the giving. Jesus said give and it shall be given unto you
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:43am On Nov 29, 2020
Thank you, father. ❤

you're great. ☝
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by tsmith(f): 9:49am On Nov 29, 2020
omodaamola:
Dear Nairalanders! What's your take on this?

Dropping empty offering envelops in Church, is it bad? I can say that, it is not a crime that you go to a place of worship on Sunday (Church) without offerings (money you drop in offering baskets).

Modern Churches now use branded envelops to take their offerings, once they give you, you must drop it....It is even written on it 'Do not take it home'. Some churches even go as far as giving more than one envelops (regular service, not on a Thanksgiving Sunday).

Nairalanders, if you worship in a Church that you dance forward to drop these offering envelops, and you are probably on a budget to give once or you don't even have at all. What would you do? Drop an empty envelop? Is this bad?

Absolutely fine, by all means return the envelope, if you have nothing to give or the intention to give.

If the Church can give the envelope without checking if you need one, then collect it and drop it back.

If they make people dance forward to give offering, please dance with them and drop your empty envelope. Your dance, praise and worship are sufficient offerings to God not man.

The dancing forward, by force envelopes etc are all reverse psychology created by man to manipulate other men.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Revolva(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2020
i don do amy twice those days i use to be a church goer...but now i dont give a F about religion
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Joshmanuel10(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2020
Whatever I give with my free heart God never complains cos he doesn't need the money just d spirit of giving

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by 9gel(m): 10:13am On Nov 29, 2020
Fact
DropsMic:
That's cowardice..

I can't remember the last time i gave the church my offering money.. I usually sit back and press my phone when it's time for offering...

Y'all can give your pastors your money but me prefer giving it to beggars.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by AbbeySOM: 10:14am On Nov 29, 2020
It is either ways. If you're willing to give but you don't have, you could drop it empty but with FAITH. But if you want to collect and drop for any other reason, then let God be the judge.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by cardoso514: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2020
When you take the offering envelope home,you reduce the stock of envelope in church and you increase cost of restocking
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by EmperorFred: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2020
The question is: who go beat you or chase you out of the church for not giving offering?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by semyman: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2020
The offering and tithes the collectors mostly spend on oloshos and other people's wives?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by gdbelt(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2020
But I'm sure the churches do not force congregation to collect the envelopes, collection of envelopes is an option, but returning it is a must, nothing is wrong with that na...
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by WINDSOW(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2020
Answer these questions.
1. Whom do you give offering to?
2. Why do you give offering?

Above all, learn the story of that Widows mite. Mark 12: 41-44
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Dpaulie(m): 10:42am On Nov 29, 2020
Jones4190:
No because the scripture says you should not appear in God present empty handed

Meaning I should not bother to go to the church if I have no offering
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Magmata: 10:50am On Nov 29, 2020
Don't be disturbed by the words of those leeches on pulpits, their god is their untamed senses. All they do is to make you feel guilty and greedy.

Worry about the contents of your heart and the thoughts in your head. Once you put these in order, your entire life becomes an offering.

But, if you think the only way God can bless you is by giving material offerings to him, then, I'll advice you have deeper look into what you called god; it might be another created being.

Again, if your own definition of blessing still revolve around finite materials, believe me, you aren't yet in touch with the infinite, the cause of all infinity.

As long as our finite desires are the reason for our spirituality, death will always be our reward, no matter how sweet or bitter our life is. Seek that which transcend death, seek that which is infinite.

God is infinite
Nothing exist beyond

God is complete
Nothing can be added

God cannot be divided
All forms of division stems from ignorance

There is no God and devil
There is no God and anything

Only God IS,
Hence, every sense of 'I' is false.

God's work is beyond damage
Who will damage it when only God is real.

Who can do God's work?
When God is the only doer.

Meditate on the 'possible' nature of God based on your understanding of the one infinite universe (the space in which everything seen and unseen exist) and free yourself from the ministers of emptiness.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Princessbettyj(f): 10:52am On Nov 29, 2020
Easycharles:
Me I will use the envelope and construct aeroplane during sermon

angry grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Charleys: 10:58am On Nov 29, 2020
DropsMic:
That's cowardice..

I can't remember the last time i gave the church my offering money.. I usually sit back and press my phone when it's time for offering...

Y'all can give your pastors your money but me prefer giving it to beggars.

For someone to qualify as a beggar to me, you must be blind and old. Apart from that you won't see my money.

Even if you don't have two legs you don't qualify. I've seen people handicapped but they survive and make money than me
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Kaymansion(m): 10:59am On Nov 29, 2020
Let hear from Mr Righteousness 89 first
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Charleys: 11:00am On Nov 29, 2020
tsmith:

Absolutely fine, by all means return the envelope, if you have nothing to give or the intention to give.

If the Church can give the envelope without checking if you need one, then collect it and drop it back.

If the make people dance forward to give offering, please dance with them and drop your empty envelop. Your praise and worship is an offering to God not man.

The dancing forward, by force envelopes etc are all reverse psychology created by man to manipulate other men.

You can dance and pass without dropping envelope na, who go slap you?
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Charleys: 11:04am On Nov 29, 2020
ilofy:
first you are not just giving to the church but to God and from the story of Cain and Abel God does not accept all offerings for God loves the cheerful giver. instead of giving with grudges and incure the wrath of God is better to drop/return the envelop empty but you will not get the blessing that comes from the giving. Jesus said give and it shall be given unto you

I hope you know Cain did not give God with grudges so don't use that story, in fact Cain gave God with all his heart.

But the truth is Cain knew how to sacrifice to God that all he needed was an animal not his farm produce. Cain was trying to show himself. In fact in human eyes Abel's sacrifice was not enough of what Cain gave to God.

Cain gave more than Abel.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by imagrg(m): 11:07am On Nov 29, 2020
Drop no envelope.
GOD'S House is NOT a place for commerce.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Orpe7(m): 11:08am On Nov 29, 2020
When u no get nko and thr usher still force envelope for your hand, na to drop am like that o
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by IjawAboki007: 11:09am On Nov 29, 2020
Acion is judged according to intention.
Most people might not have money truly but did that as a result shame. God knows if they have they'll put money inside.
Blame no one!!!
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 29, 2020
I feel it is wrong to drop an empty envelop. Why not just leave the envelope on the chair and let the basket pass? Why not dance forward and just dance and pass. You mustn't drop something. Or is it that you don't want people to see that you are not dropping something while others are dropping?

Frist you will make the work of the ushers counting the money more stressful because if many people are like you, you will stress them to be opening empty envelopes.
Second, if the empty envelopes become too many, they might begin to suspect that someone is stealing the offering when in reality, there was actually nothing inside.

Please stop dropping empty envelopes in the offering basket.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by osejie17(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2020
Charleys:

Carrying a Bible to church is empty handed? I'm asking.
badt guy, lolz
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by captianfreeman(m): 11:34am On Nov 29, 2020
You have the right to reject the envelope when it is given to you.
Dropping empty envelope is a kind of dishonesty. It only make one a hypocrite.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by generationz(f): 11:40am On Nov 29, 2020
omodaamola:
Dear Nairalanders! What's your take on this?

Dropping empty offering envelops in Church, is it bad? I can say that, it is not a crime that you go to a place of worship on Sunday (Church) without offerings (money you drop in offering baskets).

Modern Churches now use branded envelops to take their offerings, once they give you, you must drop it....It is even written on it 'Do not take it home'. Some churches even go as far as giving more than one envelops (regular service, not on a Thanksgiving Sunday).

Nairalanders, if you worship in a Church that you dance forward to drop these offering envelops, and you are probably on a budget to give once or you don't even have at all. What would you do? Drop an empty envelop? Is this bad?

You people worry too much about things you shouldn't. If it bothers your conscience, stop if it doesn't bother your conscience, you can. These are the least problems in a Christian's life.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by generationz(f): 11:43am On Nov 29, 2020
DropsMic:
That's cowardice..

Y'all can give your pastors your money but I prefer giving it to beggars.

You can't contribute to the support of the church even #10 but you can sit your ass down on chairs bought with other people's money and use amenities other contribute for? Or you think all those amenities are paid for with the pastors teeth?

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by benjatoba(m): 11:45am On Nov 29, 2020
A freaking No. Giving to God should be out of love and voluntary. It should never be out of compulsion.
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by ezinne50165: 11:53am On Nov 29, 2020
Let hear from Mr Righteousness 89 first
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by FahBuLous: 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
Jones4190:
No because the scripture says you should not appear in God present empty handed
Scripture reference pls
Re: Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
It is bad in my opinion. There is no harm in saying no to the envelope while the ushers give it to you in church.

If i walk into a church and am given an envelope for offering knowing i have no.£€¥ to give i will politely reject it. And if it is part of the church program manual i will return back the envelop.

There is no harm in saying no thank you. We are in church to serve God not man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 77th Birthday Today / #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews / GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.