Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. (1596 Views)

US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues - Dr Oni Gbolabo / US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by TheRareGem1(f): 8:20am On Nov 29, 2020
1. Appreciation and depreciation of currency is not related to race or color or who is the president be it Hausa Igbo or Yoruba. It is basically about production of goods and services and the demand of your products in the world market. A confused country that produces almost nothing will never meet up, policies only control your currency not the value of another countries currency against yours.

2. A country where over 500 industries died within 30 years must be stupid to complain of depreciation of her currency. We keep killing local industries and expect policies to make it up, it's a joke sir. Don't use China as an example if depreciating currencies and strong economy, China produces and may attract more export with that strategy unlike Nigeria that produces nothing.

3. A country where someone carried $2+billion simply to be shared is already a doomed one in terms of monetary policy and value. A country that produces Dizeani and Bafarawa who spent billion to appease demons. Those money without economic value is an economic poison injected into the system.

4. A country that favours importation over local production is doomed because it creates employment for another country while sacking her own citizens. Some people are working in Michelin and Dunlop somewhere, yet we use the tyre here. Don't tell me principle of comparative advantage here, it's not applicable.

5. A country that exports all raw materials without adding value is shameless to talk of depreciation of currency, to later re-import finished products of that materials is the peak of daftness. A bag of cocoa will go for like N1 million naira but when it is processed it will worth around N7million. Even farmers who produced raw cocoa can't buy chocolate.

6. A country that deliberately operate banking system that gives loans to importers at the expense of local industries is doomed and should say nothing about depreciation. Most of the loans are given to senators and representatives not industrialists.

7. A country that give loans in billions to agric sector without monitoring & evaluation of such loan on how it gets to the real farmers is a sham. A guy collected over N2 billion agric loan, he bought a jeep, built a nice house and use the rest to import processed pork. Meanwhile, local pork farmers are dying here. Is that not a double tragedy, stressing forex at the same time killing local industries.

8. A country that spend more on few privileged politicians at the cost of the populace who are unemployed should not talk about money depreciation. A country that keeps paying NNPC staff N10 billion as salaries every month when a single drop of petrol was not processed shout shut up about depreciation of currency. Crime is rising as value added to the initial failure.

9. A country where it is difficult for investors to register businesses because of the governent officials demanding for bribe. Right from airport, to hotel, to minister to governors investors will bribe, all these are part of cost of investment. A friend brought investor on estate development just for the state commissioner in charge to demand 30% of the investment. To see the governor in a state will cost you N2 million as bribe before you can be scheduled. This is a state as poor as anything.

10. A country where the cost of travelling for treatment abroad by officials will build world class hospitals should not talk about naira against dollar parity. Money taken to that trip is part of stress on forex. Same as forex spend on pilgrimage, let religion fanatics keep off me here. Without going to Mecca or Jerusalem you can still make heaven. You waste forex on pilgrimage to later be talking rubbish about forex.

11. A country where few people have access to federal reserve and those few can get loans are not because of what they can produce but the connection they have, is that country not gone already?

12. A country where we import what we produce because it's cheaper over there is gone.

13. A country that has arable land, teaming idle youths and still complain of hunger should not talk about currency depreciation. It's annoying.

14. A country where free money flows can never control inflow and outflow of forex. Imagine someone who wants to hide his loot went to Aboki to buy dollars worth $50 million just to hide it in the basement of his house. That money has no economic value yet it deprived those companies that need it to import raw materials, those companies go to Aboki to buy at exorbitant price.

15. A country where a strong bank owners can influence shares from within Stock Exchange room to inflate their shares worths from N20 to N150, crash the same share to N30 and ready to buy it back at N28 all within a year. Forget it, currency will never appreciate in such economy.

16. A country where banks are involved in round tripping and inflated cost to siphon money is doomed. A company wants to import caterpillar worths $50,000. A bank made the forex $550,000 meanwhile no caterpillar was imported at last yet the money faded into private accounts. Who strain forex in that case?
©️Oni Gbolabo

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by SocialJustice: 8:28am On Nov 29, 2020
Well said, na to dust kpali and leave.

1 Like

Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by Asquare84(m): 8:30am On Nov 29, 2020
I think president buhari is trying to reverse this trend expecially on the aspect of closing our border to encourage growth of agriculture and other local products, gradually Nigeria will get there.
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by LeeSantos(m): 8:38am On Nov 29, 2020
it same thing in all African countries.
black is cursed.
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by drealcivilceno(m): 8:40am On Nov 29, 2020
SocialJustice:
Well said, na to dust kpali and leave.

Go where?
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by SocialJustice: 8:44am On Nov 29, 2020
drealcivilceno:

Go where?
That's for you to decide.

1 Like

Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by drealcivilceno(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2020
LeeSantos:
it same thing in all African countries.

black is cursed.

No... In america, they take bribes to but the people willing to stand are more than they perpetrators.

Someone said, "Na because I no dey chop, na why I dey complain sha... If I get small money na to fly out make cash, wetin concern me"

The government may be cruel but we caused it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by drealcivilceno(m): 8:48am On Nov 29, 2020
SocialJustice:
That's for you to decide.

What is your aim of going out?

To make small money to build house and buy car and take your children to schools abroad because that what it means to "I want to search for greener pastures" literally means... as the goat or cow that I am?
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by LeeSantos(m): 8:54am On Nov 29, 2020
drealcivilceno:

No... In america, they take bribes to but the people willing to stand are more than they perpetrators.

Someone said, "Na because I no dey chop, na why I dey complain sha... If I get small money na to fly out make cash, wetin concern me"

The government may be cruel but we caused it!

evrybody is looking for whom to dupe, politics money to cart away with. the females are not left out, all they want is money and not minding aw u it comes.
amalgamation in the 19s was the caused of all this thing. blacks with different belief, religion, ethnicity, and so on can not work together. they will keep blaming other ethnic group for everyone's misfortune.

Division is the only solution. and trust me forget bout the saying of youth must take power 2023, it won't solve 1 bit of the problem.

4 Likes

Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by thesicilian: 9:14am On Nov 29, 2020
Asquare84:
I think president buhari is trying to reverse this trend expecially on the aspect of closing our border to encourage growth of agriculture and other local products, gradually Nigeria will get there.
The earlier you realize that there's no hope for this country until your Buhari leaves office, the better your life will be generally

5 Likes

Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by Asquare84(m): 9:19am On Nov 29, 2020
thesicilian:

The earlier you realize that there's no hope for this country until your Buhari leaves office, the better your life will be generally

If you like believe it or not, it the same you that will start comparing how buhari perform better than who so ever become president come 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by SocialJustice: 9:42am On Nov 29, 2020
drealcivilceno:

What is your aim of going out?

To make small money to build house and buy car and take your children to schools abroad because that what it means to "I want to search for greener pastures" literally means... as the goat or cow that I am?
If making my kids citizens of a G7 nation is the only thing I leave them, then I'm accomplished.

Stop stereotyping developed nations to a place where you get minimum wage jobs that enable you build a house back home.

Go enlighten yourself, if you can make N200 in Nigeria, you can make N20k abroad. The processes and policies there are a lot more friendly.

2 Likes

Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by drealcivilceno(m): 9:43am On Nov 29, 2020
LeeSantos:

evrybody is looking for whom to dupe, politics money to cart away with. the females are not left out, all they want is money and not minding aw u it comes.
amalgamation in the 19s was the caused of all this thing. blacks with different belief, religion, ethnicity, and so on can not work together. they will keep blaming other ethnic group for everyone's misfortune.

The division is the only solution. and trust me to forget bout the saying of youth must take power 2023, it won't solve 1 bit of the problem.

Exactly what they want you to think... Even if we divide, who will rule us... The same people... They want to remove HOPE from the situation.

Having a young president is just a means to an end but... recognizing our problem, which is the PRIVATE SECTOR and their giants... that spreads these nonsense, the Elites, as you call them...

Check the history of wars, destruction, conquests... you will see, as I call them thieves, having a hand in the matter with stupid aid of the government!

You can only now imagine why America is what is today... it was because of their so called elites!

What people do not realise is that the government are the "big babies" of every society, so they will naturally gravitate to where their source of happiness comes from... So Nigerian love wealth, who do you think they will support, the people?

Our problem is that we have realised our problem... Restructuring and Secession cannot resolve it...

PS: Sorry for the long letter but it has to be written!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by Openbusiness: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2020
9ja mata can sabi give person headache sad May God continue to have mercy on me
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by LordIsaac(m): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2020
Show me any African country that is bereft of all the aforementioned. I pity the black race!
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by ProT: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2020
Asquare84:

Remember when Buhari is planning to buy petrol from NIGER REPUBLIC - aWa 37tH sTaTe?

Ya, great times!
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by mosunmola63765: 12:15pm On Nov 29, 2020
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by thunderfirebubu: 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
Truer words have not been said
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by drealcivilceno(m): 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2020
SocialJustice:

Go enlighten yourself, if you can make N200 in Nigeria, you can make N20k abroad. The processes and policies there are a lot more friendly.

Exactly, my point.... Why can't I make it here... because I got a Canadian passport does not mean I won't be stereotyped over there but this is your country... Know the problem and my friend, the problem is right in front of us... The so called Elites not even the government!
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by drealcivilceno(m): 1:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
TheRareGem1:

1. Appreciation and depreciation of currency is not related to race or color or who is the president be it Hausa Igbo or Yoruba. It is basically about production of goods and services and the demand of your products in the world market. A confused country that produces almost nothing will never meet up, policies only control your currency not the value of another countries currency against yours.

Are you dead or what? How did you drink this seawater and still survive?
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by SocialJustice: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2020
drealcivilceno:

Exactly, my point.... Why can't I make it here... because I got a Canadian passport does not mean I won't be stereotyped over there but this is your country... Know the problem and my friend, the problem is right in front of us... The so called Elites not even the government!
Every Nigerian is Nigeria's problem. If you want to stay, fine. I have my own plans, I want to live in a fully functional society, one I do not see Nigeria becoming any time soon.
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by drealcivilceno(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
SocialJustice:
Every Nigerian is Nigeria's problem. If you want to stay, fine. I have my own plans, I want to live in a fully functional society, one I do not see Nigeria becoming any time soon.

We all have substituted, HONOUR for WEALTH... and that why the wealthy with bad intentions will continue to set anarchy in our midst!

Know the problem, stop running and fix the problem the most you can!

And if you go out please, build influence, build businesses to help others rise and be ready to sacrifice that which you have built coz like I said before why we are in this position is because "the elites" caused it... sooner or later you will find out!

PS... You can call me a hater, but I hope we find out their senseless monopolistic mindset on time!
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by stoneaustin(m): 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2020
The OP is a member of the opposition party and they are the reason why the nation is in the state it is today! No Nigerian has died of hunger since this regime started in 2015. Nigerian youths receives money on a monthly basis from the Buhari led government. We have spent millions feeding school children even during covid19 lockdown. All points made by op is therefore FAKE and is targeted at bringing down our good efforts!

Lai Mohammed.
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by budaatum: 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2020
LeeSantos:

Division is the only solution. and trust me forget bout the saying of youth must take power 2023, it won't solve 1 bit of the problem.
We are here being educated by you to "solve 1 bit of the problem" yet you underestimate our ability to "solve 1 bit of the problem", why is that? Do you underestimate your own abilities to learn?

Do know that my faith in your ability to educate us to "solve 1 bit of the problem", even despite our ignorance at thinking we already know it all, is immense.

I, buda, pledge to Nigeria my country......
Re: US Dollar Vs NIG Naira: The Real Issues. by budaatum: 3:07pm On Dec 31, 2020
drealcivilceno:

Exactly what they want you to think... Even if we divide, who will rule us... The same people... They want to remove HOPE from the situation.

Having a young president is just a means to an end but... recognizing our problem, which is the PRIVATE SECTOR and their giants... that spreads these nonsense, the Elites, as you call them...

Check the history of wars, destruction, conquests... you will see, as I call them thieves, having a hand in the matter with stupid aid of the government!

You can only now imagine why America is what is today... it was because of their so called elites!

What people do not realise is that the government are the "big babies" of every society, so they will naturally gravitate to where their source of happiness comes from... So Nigerian love wealth, who do you think they will support, the people?

Our problem is that we have realised our problem... Restructuring and Secession cannot resolve it...

PS: Sorry for the long letter but it has to be written!

Consider:

Our problem is that we have not realised our problem... Restructuring and Secession cannot resolve it...

Because, "the PRIVATE SECTOR and their giants... that spreads these nonsense, the Elites, as you call them...", are not the problem.

We, our individual selves, are the problem.

Do know that I somewhat agree with the rest.

(1) (Reply)

What Would Be Your Economic Policies If You Were The President Of Nigeria? / Is The Rumor About Hakeem Bello Osagie True? / How Nigerian Banks Rip Off Customers !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.