Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ (29895 Views)

Governor Buni Visits Eunice, Orji Kalu's Mother (Photos) / Governor Buni Weds Gumsu Abacha, The Daughter Of Late Head Of State (Photos) / Governor Buni Marries Gumsu Abacha As Fourth Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by AtikuNetwork: 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2020
‘I spend three days in a month in Yobe’ — governor replies critics who accused him of abandoning state

Mai Mala Buni, governor of Yobe, says he spends at least three days in a month in the state.

Speaking in an interview with the BBC, the governor said he carries out his duties effectively even when he is not in the state.

Buni was reacting to criticism that he has been largely absent from the state since he took over as the caretaker chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He added that his duty in the ruling party is not hindering his efforts to discharge his responsibilities.

“On the issue of staying, there is no way I can spend a month without spending three or four days in Yobe state. And then even if I return to Yobe, I won’t advertise or make it public that today I will be in Yobe and tomorrow I will be leaving,” the governor said.

“Wait, Let me land, listen to me, I won’t be revealing to the public that I came to Yobe or when I am leaving. And at this age of technology, when will anybody say that there were bunch of files waiting for me? Even before I came here I don’t know the numbers (of files I treated).”

https://www.thecable.ng/i-spend-three-days-in-a-month-in-yobe-governor-replies-critics-who-accused-him-of-abandoning-state

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by chinjo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2020
Life of a typical northern politician. They only go to office when allocation is paid by the Federal government. After butchering the money, they go back to the major cities. Their people are not bothered. Just ask Hisbah to go about destroying bottles of alcohol and banning people from mentioning black Friday and you will see the people shouting ranka daidai.

307 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

“On the issue of staying, there is no way I can spend a month without spending three or four days in Yobe state.

Am perplexed here, what did he mean?
Did he mean he can spend 26 days out of his own state? That's literally like aboundaring your state? undecided

Am confused ooo!

140 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by AtikuNetwork: 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2020
This governor deserves to be impeached if truly he made such insensitive statement. Imagine the effrontery? You are spending 90% of your time as governor outside your states and you can still boldly say so? Yobe citizens deserves better.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by hisexcellency34: 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2020
mad man. He stylishly fled the state because of Boko Haram

17 Likes

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Kestolove(m): 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2020
He has achieve what 5 governors from dat erosion cursed region can achieve in 8yrs ND his just starting

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Charmingrascal(m): 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2020
He spend three days in a month with the people who voted him as the Governor.

He shouldn't have replied, this reply is actually dumb.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by tyup(m): 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kestolove:
He has achieve what 5 governors from dat erosion cursed region can achieve in 8yrs ND his just starting

You this girl ehn

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Ahmed0336(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2020
AtikuNetwork:
This governor deserves to be impeached if truly he made such insensitive statement. Imagine the effrontery? You are spending 90% of your time as governor outside your states and you can still boldly say so? Yobe citizens deserves better.

go and impeach him if you think it's that easy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by MrALIVE: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kestolove:
that's the usual stupid statement you supporters of daft politicians make.

120 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by LivingSage: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
Sometimes, silence is the best option. This isn't a talk from Buni

5 Likes

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Ayotemide(f): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2020
The audacity!

1 Like

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Nazgul: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
Some local government in his state have been overrun by Boko Haram, killing, kidnaping, raping, maiming...etc. And he's not even ashamed to say that he spends only 3 out of 30 days in his state. Truly we deserve the kind of leaders we have in this country.

14 Likes

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Perfectsouth(m): 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
Don't understand the rationale behind ruling outside your state..

1 Like

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Igbankpa(m): 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
Running away from the monsters they created while the masses are slughtered like chickens

5 Likes

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Arrewa: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
Gov. Buni of Yobe is currently constructing Northern Nigeria's second cargo international airport in Damaturu.

Buni is working!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
3/30

Mediocrity

2 Likes

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by KingAzari: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
And I can bet that those three days are when the monthly allocation credit alert is received. 36 days in a year, that is 4.8 months in 4 years, is what he spends in the state that he was selected to govern.

If this is not an impeachable offence, I don't know what is.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Arrewa: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
Gov. Mai Mala Buni of Yobe is currently constructing Nigeria's largest Maternity & New Born complex in Damaturu.

The Multi billion Naira project is located at Yobe state University Teaching Hospital, Damaturu.

The three storey building consists of:

- 63 Units
- 30 Doctors offices
- 25 Medical stores
- World class medical laboratory
- Lecture theatre for medical students -
- Extension of the owner-occupier housing scheme to medical doctors

Governor Mai Mala Buni has equally pledged to provide qualified healthcare personnel, equipping and furnishing of the complex.

Buni is working!!

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Arrewa: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2020
Gov. Buni has redeemed his pledges to Yobe state Nursing students.

- He Increased their monthly allowances by 100%,

- He constructed Additional offices for staff,

- He constructed 200 bed capacity hostel for students,

- He constructed additional lecture hall for students, and
- Electrification of school facilities

The students of Dr. Shehu Sule Collage Of Nursing & Midwifery will always remain grateful to Gov. Mai Mala Buni.

Buni is working!

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by alingo2013(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2020
What an intelligent Fool

2 Likes

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Prodigee: 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
Heyaa! And you go still pay full house rent o.

1 Like

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by hayesconcept(m): 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
Mofo
Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Dex4(m): 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
Did these guys go to school at all?....aren't they smart at all?��
Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by BruncleZuma: 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by alingo2013(m): 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
Arrewa:
Ll

Who is this bastard

9 Likes

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by Racoon(m): 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
And you collected salary for 3days? Were you elected for party politics or provide good governance Mr.Bunu? What does the party constitution says about this kind of appointment? Only in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Governor Buni: ‘I Spend Three Days In A Month In Yobe’ by potbelly(m): 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
They dont care... they don't fùcking care about the masses...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of A'isha Buhari / Obaseki: I Will Make Oshiomhole Irrelevant In Edo / 20 Interesting Things About Alvan Ikoku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.