Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent (2346 Views)

Which Handwork Is Advisable And Best To Learn For A 20 Year Old Guy / As Undergraduate Student, Your Phone Gallery Is Filled With Something Like This / The Big Size Of An Undergraduate's Project Hardcopy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by nastyking(m): 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
Which handwork is best and advisable to learn for an undergraduate student to be independent while in school.. All opinions, life experience and advice are welcomed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by goodmorning40: 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hair making
Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Vexedkid(m): 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
Tailoring. I never really believe this online way of making money, scammers too plenty.

4 Likes

Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Traininghub(f): 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
nastyking:
Which handwork is best and advisable to learn for an undergraduate student to be independent while in school.. All opinions, life experience and advice are welcomed.
Check my signature, you won't regret it because you'll be selling a whole lot while in school! What student doesn't like yogurt, ice cream, granola, granola bars, truffles and co?!
Check my signature and send a PM if interested.
Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Gmajor(m): 7:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
Vexedkid:
Tailoring. I never really believe this online way of making money, scammers too plenty.

Seconded.
This is one skill that goes beyond school.

2 Likes

Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Uyi168: 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2020
nastyking:
Yahoo.
Don't thank me.
Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Ahappy: 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2020
I wanna know too.
But someone told me that tailoring had lost its value already as a lot of people are venturing into it,I don't really have an interest in it though.

1 Like

Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Interested too
Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by KamsiViva: 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
Web design..... It goes beyond borders... It's a global skill u can learn today and be forever grateful...
I

I am doing live training sessions, contact me if u are interested

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by FahBuLous: 12:33am On Nov 30, 2020
Graphic desiqninq or photography

2 Likes

Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 30, 2020
Tyre inflator operator aka 'vulcanizer'.

Just make you site your workshop close to a very very bad road and see yourself doing 1000 tyres per day.

In no time, you will be the next Jack Ma.

Trust me.

2 Likes

Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Babtunz: 7:37am On Nov 30, 2020
Short Answer = Hairstyling.
TL;DR

I'm also a young hairstylist OP, though I started late (mid september).
I should have started earlier when ASUU began their strike but I thought it wouldn't last long.

Nonetheless I still feel lucky because it's never too late.

I'm just 2months+ gone and I can handle clippers pretty well.
I decide to do barbing because it's very lucrative --- people barb their hair a lot, fashion is the new order of the day and I need to make money when I get to schcool, legitimately.

I could have used my tech skills but my present circumstance doesn't allow it so I'm just trying to make ends meet.

Sorry for the long epistle guys but honestly hairstlying is very lucrative.

But OP, I can also advise you look into web designing but then, IT ISN'T A CHILD'S PLAY.
Web development is a rather broad profession, you have got to keep learning new technologies so you won't become outdated (This is what I find interesting and at the same time frustrating about web designing, but we keep pushing).

If you're ready for the great journey and frustrations in web dev. ( I know, you looking at me. Lol) then you're going be successful with hardwork and determination.

I wish you luck brother.

2 Likes

Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by femi4: 8:21am On Nov 30, 2020
nastyking:
Barbing, car washing, Painting, dry-cleaning , Uber etc
Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Telegram234(m): 8:54am On Nov 30, 2020
learn programming. but note dat don't pay anyone to learn it, they are all scammers. YouTube and Google is ur friend..
Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Macrofrancis(m): 9:04am On Nov 30, 2020
Anyone that can be done online.
That is exactly where the world is headed.
Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by TANID(m): 10:58am On Nov 30, 2020
Traininghub:

Check my signature, you won't regret it because you'll be selling a whole lot while in school! What student doesn't like yogurt, ice cream, granola, granola bars, truffles and co?!
Check my signature and send a PM if interested.
cool but what about the capital to start this kind of business.
Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Traininghub(f): 11:08am On Nov 30, 2020
TANID:
cool but what about the capital to start this kind of business.
You don't need much, if you can't afford a crock pot get then you can do it manually. You'll be able to start with as little as 5k plus container for packaging sha.
Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Donmoscojaja(m): 11:50am On Nov 30, 2020
nastyking:

Content writing
Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2020
nastyking:
learn system analyst, I wish someone gave me this advise during my school days

1 Like

Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Digbick: 1:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Kingsbridge:
learn system analyst, I wish someone gave me this advise during my school days
How can I become a system analyst?
Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
Digbick:

How can I become a system analyst?
go and learn it from a good ict center, nothing will stop you from being a full force as a graduate or undergraduate even outside the shores of Nigeria u will propel

1 Like

Re: Which Handwork Is Best To Learn For An Undergraduate Student To Be Independent by sweetrace(f): 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2020
nastyking:

Wow! I applaud you. Back to your question, you can try quite a number of things such as:
Cooking -eventually open a restaurant.
Baking -open a bakery, cater weddings....
Welding
Painting of houses - learn modern ways of doing this.
Carpentery -produce better Quality furniture Than is available.
Laundry services
House keeping services
Wedding hall decorator
Makeup artist
Hair - weaving, styling, barbing.....
Produce beddings for sale
Duty calls and I need to go.

(1) (Reply)

HELP PLEASE: JAMB Correction Of Data / Son Of Former Rector Of Federal Poly Offa Convicted Over Cyber Crime (Photo) / Ten Most Educated Countries In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.