Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,174 members, 7,835,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 (52047 Views)

WWE Legend Bray Wyatt Dies Aged 36 As Triple H Leads Tribute To Pioneer / Senegalese Strikee, Papa Bouba Diop Dies At 42 / Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by MrStylish(m): 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
Abobi
RIP
Me I don't know u oo
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by growtogeda: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Everything about Papa Bouba Diop was a competition...his drive and competitive spirit was unrivalled. If Patrick Vieira could do it...he too could.
He put his mind to the game and chased balls (in the pitch and on the bed) like no man's business.

It's sad he took the competitive spirit to the grave because a part of me thinks he wanted to check if his death will trend more than Maradona's death

But I think he chose to die at the wrong time because the world is still busy mourning Maradona...they'd be little or no sympathy for him.

welcome back legend

2 Likes

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by oluwasegun007(m): 8:47pm On Nov 29, 2020
Wow,

All is well.

I remember his goal that year.
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2020
Rip
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by MrStylish(m): 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
fergie001:

BBC

WHO IS PAPA BOUBA DIOP?

Wikipedia

Bouba Diop played for RC Lens, Fulham, Portsmouth, AEK Athens, West Ham United, Birmingham City, amongst others

Fulham FC

FIFA WorldCup

West Ham United

Birmingham City

Portsmouth FC

RC Lens

Toulouse FC

Papa Bouba Diop scored Senegal's first World Cup goal against then holders, France.
Senegal were pitched in Group A against France, Denmark and Uruguay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaBkN-Dyx58
AABBOOBBII
In ur next world make u no die with Maradona
We don't know u
Na him we know
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Iamgrey5(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2020
DIOP is one of best midfilders in African history.

His goal against France in Korea/Japan 2002 still fresh in the memories of many Africans who witnessed the day an African team beat the world champion.
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Toluwanise247(m): 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2020
My first world game. I remember. Rest In Peace
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Blakpot: 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2020
Not another sad news ffs!
My earliest memories of EPL involved him
and guys like Benjani, Lua Lua, the late Tiote...
Was proud to see successful Africans in top flight football.

RIP my man.
Thanks for the goal against France.

2 Likes

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by kingriqoriqo: 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2020
see x
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Ishilove: 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2020
*gasp*

It is a lie! shocked cry
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by ORIAYO70(m): 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2020
fergie001:

BBC

WHO IS PAPA BOUBA DIOP?

Wikipedia

Bouba Diop played for RC Lens, Fulham, Portsmouth, AEK Athens, West Ham United, Birmingham City, amongst others

Fulham FC

FIFA WorldCup

West Ham United

Birmingham City

Portsmouth FC

RC Lens

Toulouse FC

Papa Bouba Diop scored Senegal's first World Cup goal against then holders, France.
Senegal were pitched in Group A against France, Denmark and Uruguay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaBkN-Dyx58

Diop is one of the super eagle nightmare

I remembered when they scored 3 against Uruguay, and Recoba score 3 against..making it 3.3

1 Like

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Blakpot: 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2020
MrStylish:

AABBOOBBII
In ur next world make u no die with Maradona
We don't know u
Na him we know

Very insensitive statement.
If u don't know him, u shouldn't have commented at all. Rather than post that rubbish.

What is wrong with ppl these days.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Liposure: 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2020
I remember the goal he scored in 2002 against one of the best teams in the world
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by kponkedenge(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
What killed him?
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Ishilove: 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Everything about Papa Bouba Diop was a competition...his drive and competitive spirit was unrivalled. If Patrick Vieira could do it, he too could.
He put his mind to the game and chased balls (in the pitch and on the bed) like no man's business.

It's sad he took the competitive spirit to the grave because a part of me thinks he wanted to check if his death will trend more than Maradona's death

He just chose to die at the wrong time because the world is still busy mourning Maradona so there'd be little or no sympathy for him.
Farewell 'The Wardrobe'.
Too bad you stayed and died in the closet but I don't blame you because everyone hates a homo.

Skin-to-skin is the best but HIV is real.
Bia, nwoke, you have no fear of God. If you did you would be cautious in the kinds of statements you make because judgment does not know if you transgressed on the internet or offline. You keep writing things that are borderline abominable and think it's all fun and games.

Well, it's all that until judgement comes knocking

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by ORIAYO70(m): 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
[quote author=Blakpot post=96570261]

Very insensitive statement.
If u don't know him, u shouldn't have commented at all. Rather than post that rubbish.

What is wrong with ppl these days.[/quote

You should have asked why is some people senseless...
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Pio44: 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
Rip hero
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by biggestmanhood(m): 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
Mad man
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Everything about Papa Bouba Diop was a competition...his drive and competitive spirit was unrivalled. If Patrick Vieira could do it, he too could.

He just chose to die at the wrong time because the world is still busy mourning Maradona so there'd be little or no sympathy for him.
Farewell 'The Wardrobe'.
Too bad you stayed and died in the closet but I don't blame you because everyone hates a homo.

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by infogenius(m): 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2020
Rip.
I will not forget in a hurry ur last minutes 25 yards screamer in Fulham shirt at craven cottage against Man utd in 2004.
Rest on Bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Belleful: 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
RIP TO MR LONG RANGE GOALS. BUT WETIN KILL AM?
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by UKBobo(m): 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
We had Nigerians like Chiedozie and Afro- Caribbean players like Barnes, Blisset etc.. in the 80's. But the 90's brought Africans from all regions into the EPL - Ndlovu (Zimbabwe), Yeboah (Ghana) - then the monsoon arrived in the noughties - The Senegalese who before repped in Ligue 1 came to collect Sterling and we saw how strong and fearless that Senegalese team was - same with our Cameroonian. South African brothers

Adieu Chefe. From Dakar to Ziguinchor, you will be grieved. This week weak us all pass for football.

Say hi to Marc Vivien Foe, Maradona , Eusebio and Cryuff when you get there. We will all join you at some point, just not too soon, abeg.

Kachifo
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Myhusband(m): 9:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Farewell 'The Wardrobe'.

enjoy your fame while it last
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Emeka71(m): 9:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
Beverlyjean:
2 wc goal scorers dead in a week
I tell you; the rate at which people are dying this days is alarming.
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by knightsTempler: 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
He died of Charcot-Marie-Tooth, the disease is an inherited, genetic condition. It occurs when there are mutations in the genes that affect the nerves in your feet, legs, hands and arms.

Sometimes, these mutations damage the nerves. Other mutations damage the protective coating that surrounds the nerve (myelin sheath). Both cause weaker messages to travel between your extremities and brain.

That means some of the muscles in your feet may not receive your brain's signal to contract, so you're more likely to trip and fall. And your brain may not receive pain messages from your feet, so if you've rubbed a blister on your toe, for example, it may get infected without your realizing it.

Source.- Mayo Clinic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by knightsTempler: 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2020
kponkedenge:
What killed him?

He died of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease.
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Adakintroy: 9:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
The wardrobe.

Rest in peace.
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by bewla(m): 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
U try rest on wardrobe
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
fergie001:
Fare thee well, Papa; as you join Bruno Metsu.

#RIP

Bruno Metsu, former coach of Senegal,dead too ? When did he die please ?

2 Likes

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by fergie001: 9:40pm On Nov 29, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Bruno Metsu, former coach of Senegal,dead too ? When did he die please ?
Metsu had a terminal illness (colon cancer, that had already spread to his liver and lungs, when he was diagnosed) and died in 2013. He is French but was buried in Dakar.

A wonderful and enigmatic Coach that will never be forgotten in Senegalese history.

I love the man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Emeka71(m): 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
Angelinastto:
Rest on
I tell you; the rate at which people are dying this days is alarming.

1 Like

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by RAGEofFIRE: 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Farewell 'The Wardrobe'.

Welcome back! You've been missed......
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Paulianfa(m): 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2020
Africa will not mourn this one as they have mourned Diego maradona, RIP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kelechi Nwakali And His Girlfriend, Francis Jacquelyn (Photos) / Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 / Highest Goalscorers In Laliga So Far This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.