Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 (52045 Views)

WWE Legend Bray Wyatt Dies Aged 36 As Triple H Leads Tribute To Pioneer / Senegalese Strikee, Papa Bouba Diop Dies At 42 / Covid-19: David Moyes, Issa Diop & Josh Cullen Test Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Slurity(m): 6:56am On Nov 30, 2020
rastamouse:
I remember that goal he scored again France. The guy risked his leg to force the ball into the net. He could have easily hit his leg against the post and break some bones.

Rest well african legend
I am not sure you see the match, there is no pole near the ball nor the leg SIR
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by fergie001: 6:57am On Nov 30, 2020
jagorinho:

Brazil won but were not convincing, they were only convincing against China 4-0, costa Rica 5-2 and the final which they defeated the Germans.

ilhan mansiz scored the golden goal against the Senegalese, after that goal most people watching the game were very sad, they wanted the Senegalese to win but it would be cruel to the turks if the Senegalese won because the turks were far better, I can't forget the look on Omar Daf 's face when the turks scored
Mansiz was the Chicharito (Super-sub) of that team....they went to their first Semis and eventually defeated co-hosts, Guus Hiddink's S.Korea to take the bronze.

I remember Brazil & Turkey were in Group C, alongside a Brazilian-tutored Costa-Rica & then China PR.

But for me, the biggest upset was the S.Korea v Italy knockout game.....Waoh.

Seo Ki Yong and the heartbreaker....Han Jun Wang.

Love that W/Cup like mad.
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by braunny(m): 7:07am On Nov 30, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Everything about Papa Bouba Diop was a competition...his drive and competitive spirit was unrivalled. If Patrick Vieira could do it, he too could.
He put his mind to the game and chased balls (in the pitch and on the bed) like no man's business.

It's sad he took the competitive spirit to the grave because a part of me thinks he wanted to check if his death will trend more than Maradona's death

He just chose to die at the wrong time because the world is still busy mourning Maradona so there'd be little or no sympathy for him.
Farewell 'The Wardrobe'.
Too bad you stayed and died in the closet but I don't blame you because everyone hates a homo.

Skin-to-skin is the best but HIV is real.
very funny guy
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Fatfab(m): 7:08am On Nov 30, 2020
RIP Legend
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by jevic(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2020
Rip
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by jagorinho: 8:40am On Nov 30, 2020
fergie001:

Mansiz was the Chicharito (Super-sub) of that team....they went to their first Semis and eventually defeated co-hosts, Guus Hiddink's S.Korea to take the bronze.

I remember Brazil & Turkey were in Group C, alongside a Brazilian-tutored Costa-Rica & then China PR.

But for me, the biggest upset was the S.Korea v Italy knockout game.....Waoh.

Seo Ki Yong and the heartbreaker....Han Jun Wang.

Love that W/Cup like mad.
....but there were many controversies in Korea's game vs Italy, in fact that game made the list of top 10 most controversial games in world cup history, seems FIFA wanted one of the two host countries to go far, since the early demise of the Japanese. The guy that scored Korea's winning goal against Italy was sacked by his Italian club Perugia. This is what Perugia President said.

"That gentleman will never set foot in Perugia again. He was a phenomenon only when he played against Italy," Perugia's president Luciano Gaucci, told the sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport.
"I am a nationalist and I regard such behaviour not only as an affront to Italian pride but also an offence to a country which two years ago opened its doors to him. I have no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian football."
.......that goal really chocked the Italians, even up till today.
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by kolade560: 8:42am On Nov 30, 2020
All these Indomie generation people won't know him ;DIndomie generation won't know him
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by bamicity(m): 8:45am On Nov 30, 2020
He just chose to die at the wrong time because the world is still busy mourning Maradona so there'd be little or no sympathy for him.
Farewell 'The Wardrobe'.
Too bad you stayed and died in the closet but I don't blame you because everyone hates a homo.[/quote]

[color=#006600][/color]Wetin dis one dey talk again

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by lucky4west: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2020
sad...may God forgive ur sins...hope u accepted Jesus as ur personal Lord and savior b4 ur departure....eternity has only 2 destinations
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by fergie001: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2020
jagorinho:

....but there were many controversies in Korea's game vs Italy, in fact that game made the list of top 10 most controversial games in world cup history, seems FIFA wanted one of the two host countries to go far, since the early demise of the Japanese. The guy that scored Korea's winning goal against Italy was sacked by his Italian club Perugia. This is what Perugia President said.

"That gentleman will never set foot in Perugia again. He was a phenomenon only when he played against Italy," Perugia's president Luciano Gaucci, told the sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport.
"I am a nationalist and I regard such behaviour not only as an affront to Italian pride but also an offence to a country which two years ago opened its doors to him. I have no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian football."
.......that goal really chocked the Italians, even up till today.
100%.

Plenty wrong calls.
That is after the Koreans had defeated Spain on Pens.

I remember the header.
He out-jumped and "retired" the Great Maldini.
So many wrong calls in that game.

It was to favour the Italians in 2006 when a "wrong PK call" following a dive from Grosso aided them against Australia in the Round-of-16.
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by dstar01(m): 9:23am On Nov 30, 2020
I remember watching that match against France live on TV and his name has stuck with me ever since then. Rest in Peace Wardrobe �

Creating Opportunity:

An enterprising person is one who comes across a pile of scrap metal and sees the making of a wonderful sculpture. An enterprising person is one who drives through an old decrepit part of town and sees a new housing development.

An enterprising person is one who sees opportunity in all areas of life. To be enterprising is to keep your eyes open and your mind active. It's to be skilled enough, confident enough, creative enough and disciplined enough to seize opportunities that present themselves... regardless of the economy.

A person with an enterprising attitude says, "Find out what you can before action is taken." Do your homework. Do the research. Be prepared. Be resourceful. Do all you can in preparation of what's to come.

Opportunities abound everywhere. Look carefully and you'll be amazed by the awesome wealth creation Opportunities all around you. It's all about insight. It's all about looking where others are too scared to look.

Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by sylve11: 11:41am On Nov 30, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Too bad you stayed and died in the closet but I don't blame you because everyone hates a homo.

Was he a gay? shocked cool

Journey well Papa Boupa Diop. sad cool
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by Canberra55: 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
Onye iberibe. Aturu Hausa.
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Everything about Papa Bouba Diop was a competition...his drive and competitive spirit was unrivalled. If Patrick Vieira could do it, he too could.
He put his mind to the game and chased balls (in the pitch and on the bed) like no man's business.

It's sad he took the competitive spirit to the grave because a part of me thinks he wanted to check if his death will trend more than Maradona's death

Farewell 'The Wardrobe'.
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by smartking1: 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
Need another stream of Income? Let our Forex Robot create one for you and give you consistent residual monthly income.
Re: Papa Bouba Diop Dies Aged 42 by hstar: 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2020
jagorinho:

The Turks were the surprise package for me, I fell in love with them after they fought tooth and nail with Brazil in the first match of group stage where Rivaldo faked an injury to get a Turkish player red carded, the likes of Hasan Sas, umit davala, hakan sukur, emre etc were a delight to watch

I love the match between Brazil and Belgium in the round of 16, where the Brazilians needed the help of the match officials to win, assuming v.a.r was available then, it would be another story.

About those Cameroonians, they always fall to the Germans anytime any day, I have a feeling that if you pick random 11 men in Berlin to face the Cameroon national team, the Germans will still come out victorious
Samething applies to Nigeria - Argentina
Argentina any day any time
We are not serious as a nation!

The last world cup, we had all the chances to either win or draw them, but he'll no!
I was so pained seeing them netting the second goal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kelechi Nwakali And His Girlfriend, Francis Jacquelyn (Photos) / Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 / Highest Goalscorers In Laliga So Far This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.