Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things (508 Views)

Incredible Moment Paralysed Man Walks For The First Time In 12 Years (Pictures) / 12 Years With HIV - Lady Marks World AIDS Day (Pictures) / My 12 Months Baby Eats About 4sachet Of Cheese Ball A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Hantonia(f): 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2020
Good evening,she was normal at birth but as time goes on changes we're noticed you could teach her one to three in the next few minutes she wouldn't remember.pls is there any special school for such kids, or treatment I appreciate your comments
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by zeuss: 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
Sounds like autism spectrum.
Can she talk, Does she communicate?
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Hantonia(f): 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2020
zeuss:
Sounds like autism spectrum.
Can she talk, Does she communicate?
she talks fairly well most times she not conscious of her environment
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Brownpeanut(f): 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
It would be difficult to pinpoint the problem. I think you guys should visit a doctor to know exactly what the problem is. Didn't you notice any signs of slow development while she was growing up?
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Uyi168: 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
Proper diagnosis needs to be carried out..
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Creeza(m): 10:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hatonia, hi. I cant say what exactly your cousin's case is but its very delicate.

I think you guys should also consider more than just arithmetical means try language or even poems as an alternative, she might be a slow learner.

My nephew had difficulties grabbing or recollecting too when he was about three months past 4yrs but my bro bought him a tab for learning (playing too) and toy bricks for construction.

At the time he barely even spoke a word and i was scared but fast forward to 2ys later: now 6 the boy turned out very brilliant with deep assimilation nd retention not to mention he is a parrot too reciting anything from abc to 36 states n capital

all kids are not the same in terms of IQ, but at 12 such kid might need more than just number recollection. Get her educative videos that exposes children to language and extra-curricular activities while having fun Eg : barney

you never can tell, maths may not be her calling

1 Like

Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Creeza(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2020
I modified, thought u said niece
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Hantonia(f): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2020
Brownpeanut:
It would be difficult to pinpoint the problem. I think you guys should visit a doctor to know exactly what the problem is. Didn't you notice any signs of slow development while she was growing up?
it was later that it was noticeable
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Hantonia(f): 10:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
Creeza:
Hatonia, hi. I cant say what exactly your cousin's case is but its very delicate.

I think you guys should also consider more than just arithmetical means try language or even poems as an alternative, she might be a slow learner.

My nephew had difficulties grabbing or recollecting too when he was about three months past 4yrs but my bro bought him a tab for learning (playing too) and toy bricks for construction.

At the time he barely even spoke a word and i was scared but fast forward to 2ys later: now 6 the boy turned out very brilliant with deep assimilation nd retention not to mention he is a parrot too reciting anything from abc to 36 states n capital

all kids are not the same in terms of IQ, but at 12 such kid might need more than just number recollection. Get her educative videos that exposes children to language and extra-curricular activities while having fun Eg : barney

you never can tell, maths may not be her calling
thank you it is not just maths even words the next seconds she can't remember
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Creeza(m): 10:56pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hantonia:
thank you it is not just maths even words the next seconds she can't remember
hmm she is quite too young to have alzheimiers sha but lets not rule that out.

I think you should take her to see a doctor. Have you heard of ADHD (attention deficit hypeactivity disorder) ?
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Brownpeanut(f): 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hantonia:
it was later that it was noticeable

Okay. I'm sure you guys will find out more if you visit a doctor.
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by adaolisa29165: 6:04am On Nov 30, 2020
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Hantonia(f): 7:11am On Nov 30, 2020
Creeza:
hmm she is quite too young to have alzheimiers sha but lets not rule that out.

I think you should take her to see a doctor. Have you heard of ADHD (attention deficit hypeactivity disorder) ?
thank you
Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Hantonia(f): 7:12am On Nov 30, 2020
Brownpeanut:

Okay. I'm sure you guys will find out more if you visit a doctor.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Help My 12 Years Old Cousin Can't Recollect Things by Hantonia(f): 7:12am On Nov 30, 2020
adaolisa29165:
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Trouble Looms As Nigeria Faces Another Possible Lockdown / Taking The Covid Vaccine almost killed him / Permanent Treatment For ULCERS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.