Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,760 members, 7,955,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:58 PM

Cassava Value Chain - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Value Chain (927 Views)

#Sundayspecialwitholucassava: #part2: Cassava Value Chain: How To Create Wealth / #SundayspecialwithOlucassava: Cassava Value Chain: How To Create Wealth (Thread) / Agropartnerships Reaffirms Commitment To Agri-business Value Chain Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassava Value Chain by Wirelezz: 7:28am On Nov 30, 2020
CASSAVA VALUE CHAIN

In Nigeria, cassava value chain is dominated by small holders farmers cum cooperative society producers. Cassava is predominantly grown in the south and a few of North central states. Sadly 80% of cassava produced in Nigeria is used for food leaving little or nothing for export. This is as a result of bad roads ,poor power supply ,education, low investment and obsolete methods of processing.
It is natural knowledge that people believe that cassava can only be used for garri and foo-foo. Of a truth cassava has been under utilised and have not been maximized to its fullest, in other to score some important economic goals by Farmers and end users of agro produce. It is important to note that there are other uses of cassava that adds value to life and also promotes the economy.
Cassava is a highly climate and soil-tolerant regarding its yield performance. Cultivation of Cassava does not require large amounts of inputs for a better yield a productivity than other tropical crops.
It is also important to note that the output of the cassava that comes out Nigeria does not meet with local demand, making it impossible for export. So it relieves the fear of marketability.
There are some important products that is refered to as cassava By-products and the are as follows
CASSAVA BY -PRODUCTS
*Cassava flour
*Cassava industrial starch
*Garri
*Cassava pasta
*Ethanol
*Livestock feed production.
*Foo-Foo
*Adhesives
*Sweetners
*Cassava chips

BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN CASSAVA VALUE CHAIN
* Supply of raw materials
* Food packaging
* Consultancy Services
* Cultivars (Stem) sale
* Exportation.
Cassava industry is still very attractive and profitable both locally and globally, together we can make cassava an important export material. when will you begin your cassava farm?.

Ikechukwu Emezue.

Re: Cassava Value Chain by ChoCho54(f): 7:39am On Nov 30, 2020
I am seriously thinking about it since I have almost an acre fallow.

But I'm torn between planting palms and abandon the site or planting cassava to harvest and sell on the spot, then till the and again.
Re: Cassava Value Chain by Wirelezz: 8:12am On Nov 30, 2020
ChoCho54:
I am seriously thinking about it since I have almost an acre fallow.

But I'm torn between planting palms and abandon the site or planting cassava to harvest and sell on the spot, then till the and again.
cassava is more lucrative and a short term investment

1 Like

Re: Cassava Value Chain by ChoCho54(f): 8:37am On Nov 30, 2020
Wirelezz:
cassava is more lucrative and a short term investment
But the stress and risk is more right?
Re: Cassava Value Chain by Wirelezz: 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2020
ChoCho54:
But the stress and risk is more right?
That is what scares people away, with the required knowledge and expertise, stress will be eliminated and risk minimal.
Re: Cassava Value Chain by ezugegere(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2020
The risk in cassava farming is very low. I'm currently looking for land where I can farm cassava.

(1) (Reply)

Earn Up To 50% Return On Your Farm Cultivation / Black Soldier Fly Eggs Sale / apple dicing machine onion peeling dicing slicing equipment Razorfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.