Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu (4380 Views)

Reps Summon Buhari Over Slain Borno Farmers / Garba Shehu: 43 Farmers Killed By Boko Haram Didn’t Have Clearance To Farm / Buhari, Zulum Mourn 53 Slain Borno Farmers, Northern coalition scores Buhari Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Yenefer(f): 9:00am On Nov 30, 2020
Monday, November 30, 2020

Slain Borno farmers didn’t get clearance to work on rice fields: Garba Shehu
The Buhari administration appeared determined to deflect responsibility for the weekend carnage that left 110 villagers killed.

Presidential spokesman Garba Shehu says farmers who were slaughtered on a rice field in Borno’s Zabarmari village should have obtained military clearance before resuming farming activities in the area.

Mr. Shehu who spoke to BBC newsday said the government was sad about the tragic incident, but added that the “people need to understand what it is like in the Lake Chad Basin area.”

He claimed that though much of the area has been liberated from Boko Haram terrorists, there are still a number of spaces that have not been cleared for the return of villagers who have been displaced.

“The truth has to be said. Was there any military clearance from the military who are in total control of the area?” Mr. Shehu queried. “Did anybody ask to resume activity?”

Mr. Shehu emphasised that he had been briefed by military authorities that the villagers did not seek military advice before exposing themselves to “a window that the terrorists have exploited.”

“So ideally, all of these places ought to probably be allowed to pass through proper military clearance before resettlement or even farmers resuming activities on those fields,” he said.

The presidency’s apparent misspeak comes barely 48 hours after Peoples Gazette reported that at least 43 rice farmers were beheaded by terrorists while working on their farms. Subsequent reports indicated that the fatalities was around 110 persons with some women also abducted by the marauders.

Mr. Shehu’s comment may be viewed as unempathetic and insensitive, even for a government that has become notorious for refusing to take responsibility for obvious failures of governance and always seeking to shift blame.

https://peoplesgazette.com/slain-borno-farmers-didnt-get-clearance-to-work-on-rice-fields-garba-shehu/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by FunkeOseni: 9:01am On Nov 30, 2020
Garbage nonsense

1 Like

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by LeeSantos(m): 9:02am On Nov 30, 2020
clearance for what.

with the way this country is going. it's not advisable to build & operate in any part of the north Abuja inclusive.

9 Likes

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Yenefer(f): 9:02am On Nov 30, 2020
LeeSantos:
clearance for what
security clearance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by complexBoss12: 9:05am On Nov 30, 2020
wake me up when APC begins to take responsibility. They're now blaming the dead for dying. My God!!

25 Likes

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Amotolongbo(f): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2020
The Buhari’s Government is insensitive to the plight and safety of Nigerians.
The worse part of the problem is that his vuvuzelas are so insensitive with their comments, while trying to absolve him of the problems.

8 Likes

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by santislim8(m): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2020
I knew it was the Farmers fault, the only Terrorists we have in this country is Ipob, and I hope this will serve as deterrence to other Farmers who do not plan on paying the requisite amount to the militia arm of the government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by tritt(m): 9:09am On Nov 30, 2020
Imagine the garbage he is spewing out.....this govt is evil.

2 Likes

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by LeeSantos(m): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2020
Yenefer:
security clearance

2 things running in my mind.
if these Boko harams live in the forest as they say. can't they burn the forest and let this people go back to their lives?

2. if they have an hideout it communities, the Ng army can raid houses that look suspicious.

I think the farmers were not doing well where they are & were tired of waiting for clearance

2 Likes

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Mysticwebb: 9:10am On Nov 30, 2020
Imagine what Buhari and Co have turned this country into.
Clearance before you can go to your farm.
Too bad the remaining farmers will still be voting because of "he is our tribesman".

7 Likes

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by ChoCho54(f): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2020
Arrewa so people still need clearance to move about in your safe north?

Garuba shehu should have just allowed the dead to rest in peace than this mumbo-jumbo.

When Chibok principal and then governor spurned military advice not to conduct the exam where the Chibok girls were kidnapped, APC then still justified their actions and rewarded the principal with a better appointment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:12am On Nov 30, 2020
for ur own farm again u go need military clearance? maybe if them wan mekwekwe they will also need clearance too. sir re u trying to defend or justify the massacre cos I don't understand WTF u re trying to say

2 Likes

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by daddytime(m): 9:13am On Nov 30, 2020
Na dog go sheet put and chop that your soakaway mouth.

Foolish idiot.

Make una even wipe unaselves out.

We go see where and how una wan take enjoy all una loot in the midst of all these.

1 Like

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by defcon4: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2020
If Zulum hears this your statement, he will personally beat you up

3 Likes

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Bornhato: 9:18am On Nov 30, 2020
Weyrey
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by amuwo1980: 9:23am On Nov 30, 2020
How much more stupid can one get? Is rice grown and harvested in a day or even a month, all these while the army did not see them or remember that they are farming for their livelihood without permission from them. How evil can a man be ? APC satanic organization

3 Likes

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by harmless011: 9:26am On Nov 30, 2020
Do this man know the implications of what he is saying, it seems this government is working for the bandits.
So they are now blaming the farmers for trying to do decent work to earn a living.
We are better off without a government.
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 30, 2020
Terrible excuse.
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by inoki247: 9:31am On Nov 30, 2020
Nothing wey Clearance Peter no go see inside Camera..

it has gotten to a stage that you've to get clearance before you move around always looking for way to justify there incompetency....

When some of the Farmers mate have joined Bandit to kidnap nd mak massive money they choose to still go legit...

Going Legit in Nigeria is now a sin

2 Likes

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 30, 2020
If there's anything I will ever regret in my entire life...it will be carrying my right thumb to vote Buhari cry cry imagine d okoto dis Garbage is saying...God please forgive me for this sin I committed in voting dis useless Gov't....if d military were actually in control of d area as he acclaim...hw did d terrorists got all d tym in d world to perpetrate such heinous attack without d military who are in control of d area countering them....God punish Garba Shehu...i hope all dis security anomalies get to his door step soonest..so he can av a first class experience of wat d ordinary citizens face...R.i.P to d dead

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Is04970: 9:36am On Nov 30, 2020
Stupid Utterances..
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Fahdiga(m): 9:38am On Nov 30, 2020
Imagine what a grown man is saying. imagine if his relation were among those killed will he be spewing this trash. SMH for this man

1 Like

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 9:41am On Nov 30, 2020
Kkk
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by nairavsdollars(f): 9:41am On Nov 30, 2020
Clearance kill Garba Shehu there
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Racoon(m): 9:44am On Nov 30, 2020
Yeah! So government will not live up to its constitutional responsibility of providing security of life and property that people will now need clearance to move about? Does these people have conscience @ all?

Well this idiot called Garba Shehu is working without any security clearance because his lifeless principal ensured that Aso Rock security architecture was totally overhauled immediately just a single shot was mistaken fired during the Aisha Buhari vs Mamman Daura family squibble.

Yeah! Thought the government said no insecurity issue again? Well, nothing new because the poor beleaguered Nigerian citizens can die & go to hell for all they care. Always making stupid excuses for a lifeless president.
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Azyne(f): 9:44am On Nov 30, 2020
Demon!
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by EbukaHades10(m): 9:45am On Nov 30, 2020
If I talk, I go just dey swear for them ni but make I just mellow.

Garba-ge

Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Iykopee(m): 9:47am On Nov 30, 2020
Fake news. Nobody was killed. U need clearance to work on rice field in Borno state.

Enemies of the state and Ipob miscreants trying to discredit this administration
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:50am On Nov 30, 2020
Hypocritical Garbage
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:01am On Nov 30, 2020
This man is extremely stupid
amuwo1980:
How much more stupid can one get? Is rice grown and harvested in a day or even a month, all these while the army did not see them or remember that they are farming for their livelihood without permission from them. How evil can a man be ? APC satanic organization
You just put my thoughts in words.
Though I know Shehu is paid to spin every occurrence, a job he does shameless with no scruples
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Manab: 10:02am On Nov 30, 2020
Let me catch did senseless man we most dance azonto.
Re: Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu by Manab: 10:02am On Nov 30, 2020
Let me catch dis senseless man we most dance azonto.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Threatening Us With Withdrawal Of Cattle, Foodstuffs, Afenifere Tells North / Chioma Is A Gold-digger That Put Davido Through Hell / Bandits Demand ₦500M For 30 Zamfara Hostages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.