Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered (831 Views)

BORNO MASSACRE: We’re Expecting Bumper Harvest But Can’t Go To Our Farms / Borno Massacre: Army Dismisses Boko Haram’s Claim / Borno Massacre: Nigeria Is On Auto Pilot - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by agwom(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2020
The Defence Headquarters, on Monday, denied the report released by the United Nations that no fewer than 110 civilians were slaughtered by Boko Haram terrorists during Saturday’s attack on farmers in the Jere Local Government Area of Borno State.

The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj. Gen. John Enenche, who appeared on Channels Television’s morning show: Sunrise Daily, maintained that only 43 rice farmers were murdered contrary to the UN’s report.

According to him, as of Monday morning, 43 corpses were recovered from the incident scene in the Zabarmari area, adding that the troops counted the corpses together with the locals and 43 deaths were recorded.

Daily Trust had reported that death toll recorded from the incident has now hit 110 according to the UN’s report – a situation that has renewed calls for the sack of service chiefs.

Speaking further on the programme monitored by our correspondent, Enenche explained that he contacted the field commandants to give him the synopsis of what happened, noting that search for more remains of victims is still on.

He said, “I knew it (the issue) is going to come up particularly because it is coming from the United Nations and not a source that does not want to be identified. This is a source that has identified itself that a 110 specifically (were murdered).

“They gave me a synopsis of what happened. When the governor was to go (to the scene) and after they had recovered the dead, the troops had to move in there and they counted 43. Of course, some people ran into the bush and they started coming back and trickling in.

“As at 2pm yesterday (Sunday), I called them and they got back to me at about 7 pm yesterday, still counting, looking if they will recover (more corpses). We call it Exploitation after Action Review.

“Probably we may count up to the figure he (Kallon) gave in the future but as it is now, what we have counted with the locals is still 43 and we are hoping that we don’t get beyond that. This is the real situation. I did not sleep, we had to follow it because this is very relevant coming from the United Nations.”

https://dailytrust.com/borno-massacre-dhq-dismisses-uns-report-insists-only-43-slaughtered
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
Okay

1 Like

Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by yemmight(m): 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2020
They still see 43 human who lost their lives as only.
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Burstit(m): 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
43 human lives naw na only. I just can't understand why Islamic indoctrinated humans don't value lives. Across the global, that's how unrelenting they are in their nonsensical, jihadist fight. That so called prophet mohammed is really a blood thirsty demon. Haba! I wonder sometimes how someone with a sound mind reading and hearing all the woes and bloodletting that islam has brought upon mankind and yet attribute peace to such darkness. God forbid!

1 Like

Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by omowolewa: 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2020
Shameless people

That's why I no dey pity Tinubu, he forced Nigerians to take the broom
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Moferere: 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2020
Soooo, na scores we dey count now grin grin grin

Naija na cruise
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Guestlander: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2020
Only 43.....
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Godfullsam(m): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2020
Burstit:
43 human lives naw na only. I just can't understand why Islamic indoctrinated humans don't value lives. Across the global, that's how unrelenting they are in their nonsensical, jihadist fight. That so called prophet mohammed is really a blood thirsty demon. Haba! I wonder sometimes how someone with a sound mind reading and hearing all the woes and bloodletting that islam has brought upon mankind and yet attribute peace to such darkness. God forbid!

Don't bring religion into this issue pls. You should be concerned about the lives that these bastards wasted .

I am a Christian for your information.
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Burstit(m): 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2020
Godfullsam:

Don't bring religion into this issue pls. You should be concerned about the lives that these bastards wasted .

I am a Christian for your information.
Whatever your religion is ur business. What's the cause of the beheading of those farmers? The killers, who are they fighting for? What's their agenda? Who be dia sponsor? These are all pertinent questions. Abi you no de follow the stories of boko haram activities for this country. You no get sense. na muumu de worry you. Zombie.
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Raydos: 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
If people at the helm of Government can be thinking like this!!

Just tell me, How are we ever gonna develop even in the next 500billion years??

1 Like

Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Raydos: 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2020
Only 43??

Even if it's just 2 people, Do they deserve to die??
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Godfullsam(m): 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2020
Burstit:
Whatever your religion is ur business. What's the cause of the beheading of those farmers? The killers, who are they fighting for? What's their agenda? Who be dia sponsor? These are all pertinent questions. Abi you no de follow the stories of boko haram activities for this country. You no get sense. na muumu de worry you. Zombie.

I believe you can still manage to express you self without insult. Except if you really want to prove you are irredeemably frustrated.

Boko Haram are bastards hiding under the umbrella of Islam to perpetrate evil. They are no Muslims.
Do your research very well, you will realise that most of the innocent people killed - if not all are muslems.
We have many pastors today, who use the name of Jesus to decieve innocent and gullible christains, should we now conclude that they are doing it for God?

Use your head for once pls.
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Burstit(m): 7:28am On Dec 01, 2020
Godfullsam:

I believe you can still manage to express you self without insult. Except if you really want to prove you are irredeemably frustrated.

Boko Haram are bastards hiding under the umbrella of Islam to perpetrate evil. They are no Muslims.
Do your research very well, you will realise that most of the innocent people killed - if not all are muslems.
We have many pastors today, who use the name of Jesus to decieve innocent and gullible christains, should we now conclude that they are doing it for God?

Use your head for once pls.

My brother, na naivety and plain ignorance de worry you. Your current President, in his infamous statement said, 'attack against boko haram is attack against the North'. Every descendants of Othman danfodio is violent, a land grabber, an expansionist and a jihadist if the need arises. Every almajiri is a potential jihadist ( boko haram). MURIC in the south west is an arm of the Caliphate in sokoto. The HISBA police in the north is a state sponsored boko haram. Boko haram means ' western influence is a sin". The religion of Islam breeds all these agents of darkness. I urge you to try picture a world without the influence of islam, there would be value for human lives. And in case you are incorrigible in your zombiesm, you can relocate to sambisa for all you want, and then shove what ever you want believe into your ass.
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Godfullsam(m): 8:04am On Dec 01, 2020
Burstit:
My brother, na naivety and plain ignorance de worry you. Your current President, in his infamous statement said, 'attack against boko haram is attack against the North'. Every descendants of Othman danfodio is violent, a land grabber, an expansionist and a jihadist if the need arises. Every almajiri is a potential jihadist ( boko haram). MURIC in the south west is an arm of the Caliphate in sokoto. The HISBA police in the north is a state sponsored boko haram. Boko haram means ' western influence is a sin". The religion of Islam breeds all these agents of darkness. I urge you to try picture a world without the influence of islam, there would be value for human lives. And in case you are incorrigible in your zombiesm, you can relocate to sambisa for all you want, and then shove what ever you want believe into your ass.

I still maintain that you can always express yourself without insult. Abi Dem swear for you with insult ni?

You sound educated but you obviously lacked enlightenment.
The north can destroy them selves with the terrorists they created. That is their cup tea. But stop linking those blood tasty bastereds to any religion.

If they are working for Islam as u ignorantly claimed why are they killing fellow Muslims? Those guys don't have religion, they only hide under Islam to commit evils.

You don't understand hausa language so you don't know the meaning of 'boko'.
The north are naturally aggressive and violent in nature, this is mainly becox of the high level of illiteracy and poverty in that region, coupled with bad their leaders who often use religion to brainwash them. it has little or nothing to do with the religion itself.

We have Muslims in the south west and some other parts of the country, why are they not violent if Islam is the real course of violent in the north as you claimed?
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Racoon(m): 8:06am On Dec 01, 2020
"Only 43"? So like Garba Shehu stupid asked for "army clearance", they deserve to die? What is wrong with everything & everyone under this cursed regime?
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Liposure: 8:22am On Dec 01, 2020
The army should be burying their face in shame by now instead of coming out to dismiss inaccurate figures

1 Like

Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Jagznation(m): 8:26am On Dec 01, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Burstit(m): 8:39am On Dec 01, 2020
Godfullsam:

I still maintain that you can always express yourself without insult. Abi Dem swear for you with insult ni?

You sound educated but you obviously lacked enlightenment.
The north can destroy them selves with the terrorists they created. That is their cup tea. But stop linking those blood tasty bastereds to any religion.

If they are working for Islam as u ignorantly claimed why are they killing fellow Muslims? Those guys don't have religion, they only hide under Islam to commit evils.

You don't understand hausa language so you don't know the meaning of 'boko'.
The north are naturally aggressive and violent in nature, this is mainly becox of the high level of illiteracy and poverty in that region, coupled with bad their leaders who often use religion to brainwash them. it has little or nothing to do with the religion itself.

We have Muslims in the south west and some other parts of the country, why are they not violent if Islam is the real course of violent in the north as you claimed?
Bros, I no know whether you deliberately choose not to understand or that's how you wired. The type of islam practiced in the south west is fake, and diluted. Bros, I am telling you this bcus I know it, it's not just a hearsay thing. And just you know, I understand, speak and write in Hausa fluently. I grew up in the north, so it's firsthand I am giving you. There are "immediate and remote" causes of events whether ugly or good, in this instance, politics, illiteracy and poverty are they immediate causes of killings/banditry and other mêlée in the north. But the remote cause, as in origin, na Islam. They start the indoctrination from birth. In the north here, Yoruba Muslims are not regarded, non-hausa fulani muslims are looked down upon. There is a Yoruba mosque in Wuse 2 in Abuja that they real ( acclaimed) Muslims don't attend. Bros, I don try for you, you can further do research on this issue, or you can choose to remain obstinate. All the best.
Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by DasaintHope(m): 8:50am On Dec 01, 2020
Burstit:
Bros, I no know whether you deliberately choose not to understand or that's how you wired. The type of islam practiced in the south west is fake, and diluted. Bros, I am telling you this bcus I know it, it's not just a hearsay thing. And just you know, I understand, speak and write in Hausa fluently. I grew up in the north, so it's firsthand I am giving you. There are "immediate and remote" causes of events whether ugly or good, in this instance, politics, illiteracy and poverty are they immediate causes of killings/banditry and other mêlée in the north. But the remote cause, as in origin, na Islam. They start the indoctrination from birth. In the north here, Yoruba Muslims are not regarded, non-hausa fulani muslims are looked down upon. There is a Yoruba mosque in Wuse 2 in Abuja that they real ( acclaimed) Muslims don't attend. Bros, I don try for you, you can further do research on this issue, or you can choose to remain obstinate. All the best.
This caught my attention. You right man, you spat the bitter truth

1 Like

Re: Borno Massacre: DHQ Dismisses Un’s Report, Insists Only 43 Slaughtered by Godfullsam(m): 10:11am On Dec 01, 2020
Burstit:

In your own book, the Yoruba Muslims are FAKE Muslims becox they don't cause problems and waste innocent lives anyhow. Lol

I understand there are some kinds of discriminations among the hausa Muslims and Muslims from other regions like the yorubas and igalas.
I will blame it on their high level of illiteracy and religious intolerance.
Our former chairman in my office use to attend a Yoruba mosque in maitama somewhere along Danube and I know people who attend the one in wuse2.
If i attend Catholic church and you attend the Redeem church, does that mean one of us is practicing fake Christianity? I think its just a matter of choice bro.

(1) (Reply)

Chief Ezue Shares Christmas Palliatives To Over 2000 Persons In Anambra (Photos) / Is Secessionism A Sin? / Where Is Sunday Igboho??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.