Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour (4017 Views)

CCT Trial: Saraki Hires 66-SAN Defence Team / Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / Nigeria Offers Farmland To Gulf Investors At $10,000 Per Hectare? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by monkeyleg: 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2011
Three weeks to the April 9 presidential election, the four contenders to the presidency have upped their campaign efforts and are spending incredibly large sums of money in the process.

Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is leading the pack with the use of all kinds of vehicles for himself and his supporters, including hired aircraft and helicopters, each costing at least $10,000 (NI.5 million) per hour, as his campaign train moves from one state to the other.

http://sunday.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6375%3A2011-power-struggle-presidential-campaigns-cost-hits-the-roof-jonathan-hires-each-helicopter-at-10000-per-hour-shekarau-gives-out-free-n1500-gsm-recharge-cards-to-woo-voters-buhari-why-we-cant-afford-expensive-campaigns-acn-bankrolls-ribadus-cam&catid=57%3Acover&Itemid=126

Where is the money coming from?
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by solihu(m): 1:40pm On Mar 22, 2011
As a holy political son annointed by God, the money comes from heavenly intervention fund set aside for the messiah's rally. Delivered as at when due by angels in chariots straight to aso rock!
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Beaf: 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2011
Cheap lies. Even our local musicians hire helicopters as a matter of routine and they don't have $10,000.00 per hour to throw around.

More important than the above, the Presidency has a fleet of helicopters and does not go about hiring and renting. Your story is another figment of the low quality imagination that churned out lies about Wole Soyinka to the extent he went to the police. Shame.

. . .By the way, the liars should also find out what it truly costs to hire a helicopter. lol!
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2011
Wow these people spend money like water.
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2011
If the story is true that is.
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by 1025: 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2011
Cheap lies. Even our local musicians hire helicopters as a matter of routine and they don't have $10,000.00 per hour to throw around.

More important than the above, the Presidency has a fleet of helicopters and does not go about hiring and renting. Your story is another figment of the low quality imagination that churned out lies about Wole Soyinka to the extent he went to the police. Shame.

. . .By the way, the liars should also find out what it truly costs to hire a helicopter. lol!

@beaf,
and what do u have to say about pat utomi's allegation of JEGA spending N100m daily on campeign? i guess an expensive lie since the one here is a cheap lie.
clinton was the president of american before bush and after bush is obama. that is change in play. from one party to the other. is america doing badly with that? is nigeria better than america? why are we against change here in nigeria? what is pdp afraid of that they hate to hear this word CHANGE. everywhere in the world, the only constant thing is CHANGE except in nigeria where the only constant thing is corruption. if things continues this way, i assure every nigerian that benin republic, togo and ghana will ask for the same requirements to issue visas to nigerians like the americans and europeans do. in 2003, i paid N6,000n at the india embassy in victoria island and waited for like 6 hrs to get my indian visa but today, with N150,000 plus abeg, indian visa will take u to ur local church for a thankgiving yet we celebrate these holigans turned rulers.
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by homerac7: 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2011
Habaaaa!

GEJ is d sitting PRESIDENT of Nigeria and uses choppers frm d presidential fleet. I liv close to d airport in Lagos where d domestic presidential wing is just by d road side, thus making it easy to knw when d president is in town. He usually come around wt air force choppers frm d presidential fleet. Even as at ds morning, one of d choppers and d Nigerian Air-Force One were sitting there n being primed ready for flight.
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 22, 2011
homerac7:

Habaaaa!

GEJ is d sitting PRESIDENT of Nigeria and uses choppers frm d presidential fleet. I liv close to d airport in Lagos where d domestic presidential wing is just by d road side, thus making it easy to knw when d president is in town. He usually come around wt air force choppers frm d presidential fleet. Even as at ds morning, one of d choppers and d Nigerian Air-Force One were sitting there n being primed ready for flight.
My guy I've got to come spend a week in your house, i'm fascinated like crazy about these stuff my house is too far away in denedo str, ilasamaja by the time the aircrafts get there, they're almost too high
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Beaf: 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2011
blink182:

My guy I've got to come spend a week in your house, i'm fascinated like crazy about these stuff my house is too far away in denedo str, ilasamaja by the time the aircrafts get there, they're almost too high

shocked shocked shocked

Too high for what?! grin
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 22, 2011
Beaf:

shocked shocked shocked

Too high for what?! grin
There's no way I'm giving you an answer
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by blacksta(m): 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2011
To High to be shot down

Good riddance  - abi what is the point of being in government all this while and the people not enjoying the dividends of democracy apart from dumb promises everyday i will build this and that and yet the dumbo hasn't built anything in the last 12 years
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2011
blacksta:

Too High to be shot down

Good riddance  - abi what is the point of being in government all this while and the people not enjoying the dividends of democracy apart from dumb promises everyday i will build this and that and yet the dumbo hasn't built anything in the last 12 years
lol, if that is what I want to do, an rpg can be conveniently launched from my place. Even though the guy is a duffer no one has the right to take his life cos u didn't give it to him in the first place
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Beaf: 3:06pm On Mar 22, 2011
blink182:

lol, if that is what I want to do, an rpg can be conveniently launched from my place. Even though the guy is a duffer no one has the right to take his life cos u didn't give it to him in the first place

Tell that to the clown whose profile says he is only half Nigerian. The rest of us are FULLY Nigerian.
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by doja(m): 3:07pm On Mar 22, 2011
Beaf:

More important than the above, the Presidency has a fleet of helicopters and does not go about hiring and renting. Your story is another figment of the low quality imagination that churned out lies about Wole Soyinka to the extent he went to the police. Shame.. . .By the way, the liars should also find out what it truly costs to hire a helicopter. lol!

The fleet of helicopters are his personal properties I guess?is he suppose to run his campaign with state resources?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by blacksta(m): 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2011
blink182:

If the Individual is a hindrance to National development then it is justifiable  - Similar to the latest events happening in Libya - Ghaddafi has become a liability.  J Rawlings did same in Ghana hence the progress in Ghana.
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Beaf: 3:10pm On Mar 22, 2011
doja:

[b]The fleet of helicopters are his personal properties I guess?[/b]is he suppose to run his campaign with state resources?

No, the Nigerian President will join you to catch a bus at Mile 2. Rubbish.
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2011
blacksta is half nigerian and half what.

[s]thought he used to say he was from mushin.[/s]
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2011
blacksta:

If the Individual is a hindrance to National development then it is justifiable  - Similar to the latest events happening in Libya - Ghaddafi has become a liability.  J Rawlings did same in Ghana hence the progress in Ghana.  
No way
Beaf:

grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2011
Congratulations All, we've succeeded in derailing the thread cool
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Bawss1(m): 3:29pm On Mar 22, 2011
blink182:

Congratulations All, we've succeeded in derailing the thread cool

lol.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by monkeyleg: 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2011
@Beaf,

Are you accusing me of telling lies or the newspaper that carried the story? Please guide your response in the current direction. And by the way I fail to see how it can be legal for a sitting president to use government property for his personal campaigne work. That cannot be legal and questions must be asked, if he is using government property recklessly this way as you have confimed, what else is he using that belongs to the state?

Big questions, but no answers
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

Are you accusing me of telling lies or the newspaper that carried the story? Please guide your response in the current direction. And by the way I fail to see how it can be legal for a sitting president to use government property for his personal campaigne work. That cannot be legal and questions must be asked, if he is using government property recklessly this way as you have confimed, what else is he using that belongs to the state?

Big questions, but no answers
You are trying to make a good point but you're ruining it, so for the fact he wants to campaign he should go in his personal car? Remember what happened in katsina, as if he was killed will it be said that Mr Jonathan was killed or it will be said the president was assassinated. The commander in chief has to be given top security no matter what. Its a pity in nigeria it is abused.
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by monkeyleg: 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2011
@blink182,

My point is very clear, and I dont think I am spoiling it, because this is what is wrong with politics and our country in general. Simple question, has the President declared that he will be using government asset at his disposal during this elections. It is only fair that other candidates know what they are up against. If things are declared from the get go, then the picture becomes clearer for everyone. If security is an issue for Oga, what about the other candidates? I see this as undue advantage and must be addressed. We must start leaerning to do things the proper way
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2011
monkeyleg:

@blink182,

My point is very clear, and I dont think I am spoiling it, because this is what is wrong with politics and our country in general. Simple question, has the President declared that he will be using government asset at his disposal during this elections. It is only fair that other candidates know what they are up against. If things are declared from the get go, then the picture becomes clearer for everyone. If security is an issue for Oga, what about the other candidates? I see this as undue advantage and must be addressed. We must start leaerning to do things the proper way
Whether you like it or not he's the president and standard security protocol have to be followed whenever he moves, it is the right thing to do. Jeeeeeez angry you are making me sound like a pro-jonathan whatever.

[size=30pt]Nigeria sai Buhari [/size] grin
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Beaf: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2011
monkeyleg:

@blink182,

Your article has been proven to be a lie. Live with it. lol!
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by EnuguUkwu: 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2011
ACN hired two helicopters to go to Bauchi remember? Why didnt they hire just one if you are here talking about how much it costs Jonathan - didnt ACN pay for the two they take around for their campaigns?

Two Airplanes to one single campaign ground - or have you forgotten it was the one carrying the VP candidate that the goats disturbed?
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

ACN hired two helicopters to go to Bauchi remember? Why didnt they hire just one if you are here talking about how much it costs Jonathan - didnt ACN pay for the two they take around for their campaigns?

Two Airplanes to one single campaign ground - or have you forgotten it was the one carrying the VP candidate that the goats disturbed?
Professor of English language, let me correct you.

to go to. . . to
take. . . took
one single. . . one/a single

Mumu you don hear? Make sure you assimilate into your block head grin grin grin angry
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by doja(m): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2011
Beaf:

The Nigerian President does not have to join you to catch a train at Oyingbo, but he does not have the moral right to use the state's resources for his campaign. You really need to look beyond your window to see how things are done in other places especially sane societies where people rule with a conscience.

In such societies, trips by the incumbent are declared 'Official' or 'Political' and In such instances where the trip is declared 'Political' the campaign team must pay the government the equivalent of a comparable first-class fare for each political traveller on each leg (you can read up about the campaign of Bill Clinton in 1996 and George W. Bush in 2004).Is Jonathan campaign team doing this?

We all know how all these things run in Nigeria so do not come here to give us what is not. You guys(advisers) are the reason Jonathan is not doing the right things, the quality of advice you give the man is questionable.

Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by humebuloe: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2011
As I cannot ascertain the certainty or otherwise of this issue,but if it is true,its condemnable,but if not why the topic in the first instance, anyway the security agencies are there and the economic and financial crimes too, let them do their work, investigate the source of the money and where applicable punish offenders not only Jonathan but any person found to have used state funds, embezzled money to prosecute his/her election even the Governors.
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2011
doja:

The Nigerian president does not have to join you to catch a train at Oyingbo, but he does not have the moral right to use the state's resources for his campaign. You really Need to look beyond your window to see how things are done in other places especially sane societies where people rule with a conscience.

In such societies, trips by the incumbent are declared 'Official' or 'Political' and In such instances where the trip is declared 'Political' the campaign team must pay the government the equivalent of a comparable first-class fare for each political traveller on each leg (you can read up about the campaign of Bill Clinton in 1996 and George W. Bush in 2004).Is Jonathan campaign team doing this?

We all know how all this things run in Nigeria so do not come here to give us what is not. You guys(advisers) are the reason Jonathan is not doing the right things, the quality of advice you give the man is questionable.
Now heres someone that understands the concept. Can Jonathan pay to who, who has the audacity to ask for the money. Nigeria cry
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by monkeyleg: 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2011
@Doja,

Thank you very much. In sane societies, people dont just use government assets for thier personal Campaign. It should be frowned upon.

Beaf,

if you spend time an read the article well, it does highlight what others are doing as wel. We must all agreed, no matter what side of the fence you stand that an obscene amount of money is being thrown around. where are the checks and balances. And what should concern any well meaning nigerian is how govenment officials seem to have open access to state resources
Re: Jonathan Hires Each Helicopter At $10,000 Per Hour by Beaf: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2011
^
Dude, your article is a very poor lie and an own goal. Deal with it.

doja:

The Nigerian President does not have to join you to catch a train at Oyingbo, but he does not have the moral right to use the state's resources for his campaign. You really need to look beyond your window to see how things are done in other places especially sane societies where people rule with a conscience.

We all know how all these things run in Nigeria so do not come here to give us what is not. You guys(advisers) are the reason Jonathan is not doing the right things, the quality of advice you give the man is questionable.

With the bolded, you have contradicted every single word you wrote. If you know the way things are done in Nigeria, why compare us with the US? Instead of wasting your time running yourself in circles, join us and vote the only candidate who will take Nigeria out of the current backwardness and set us on the path of greatness, in ways that will make us comparable to the US. The most visible sign to Ribadu lovers, is the fact that GEJ has so completely democratised and opened up the Nigerian political to the extent that an ex-fugitive and political exile is back home walking freely and contesting the highest position of the land. That my friend, is a momentous change in the way things are done in Nigeria.

The above said, I do not seem to recall either Bush or Clinton being spotted on a bus or taxi, headed out to campaign; I'm sure you don't as well.

. . .Anyways, the long and short is, the thread is based on an article that is another horrible lie. No need to continue to honour lies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi's Bed Costs Just N2million And Not N30million - APC To Fayose / Again Buhari's Lies Busted.... / Set Of People You'll Never Find On Nairaland Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.