Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Am I In The Wrong Profession, I Dont Know Accountants Who Are That Rich!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I In The Wrong Profession, I Dont Know Accountants Who Are That Rich!! (305 Views)

At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? / Which Profession Do You Think Has The Most Rude Set Of People? / ICAN Chartered Accountants Awaitting Induction Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am I In The Wrong Profession, I Dont Know Accountants Who Are That Rich!! by CorperKola: 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2020
The tilte of this ranting should have been Accountants VS Lawyers or SANs VS CFAs
i have gone to lawyers offices who have nice offices all over the place, even in Abuja where spacious plot of land can be sold for as high as one billion naira.
You just begin to wonder the stupendous level of wealth these guys control and these are mostly one man businesses where the person on top controls the the busines.
The level of wealth available to guys who reach the very top in practice as lawyers is just mind-boggling.
you just hear about their lifestyles, bullet proof jeeps, hobnobbing with top politicians like governors, senators etc.
I was in one's office recently and he was even telling that the door to his personal office is armoured and bomb proof just to be safe from would be assasins or armed robbers. i was just sitting there thinking how can someone afford all these type of things.
This guy also rides a bullet proof range rover as his personal car. man's mind was blown!!
i also hear similar stories about other senior lawyers, one even has a university.
And i dont hear such about any senior professional accountants in practice. The ones i know that are very comfortable, just very comfortable, not stupendously rich like these damn lawyers, are working in corporate settings like oil companies, or maybe you become an executive in banks.
Maybe i made the wrong choice!!
Any comments or observations from both professionals out there will be appreciated.
Re: Am I In The Wrong Profession, I Dont Know Accountants Who Are That Rich!! by Freestainworld(m): 5:34pm On Nov 30, 2020
You don't go into a profession because of money if not you are bound to fail, you go into a profession because of the zeal and passion you have for it, only then will you succeed and outclass even those whom you think read better courses than you, however, some professions are not that thriving here in Nigeria because of the country we find ourselves into, what ever thing you do, do it well, God will surely bless your handwork.

(1) (Reply)

How / Breaking: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Elected WTO DG / Get Remote Paying Jobs On Fiverr And Upwork Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.