Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? (9019 Views)

At What Point Should A Man Stop Working For Salary? / Am I In The Wrong Profession, I Dont Know Accountants Who Are That Rich!! / Which Profession Do You Think Has The Most Rude Set Of People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Plus10(m): 4:48pm On Feb 20
For me I released after Working for 8 years as a Manager in a firm,yet the salaries nor still reach offsets bill.Again, most of the seniors in the industry weren't doing great in terms of finance.During meetings, just few own cars(majorly Camry pencil light).But the owners of the business seemed to do well though.

I think one of the major problems was the poor salary structure in the industry.I am trying to settle down for something entirely different from my years of experience,trusting God that soon, things will start falling into place for me.

13 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by EmperorCaesar(m): 5:07pm On Feb 20
When i realized that an ET in the bank earns 100k more than my manager that, A woman that has spent 7years on the same role

I really didnt wanna know if it was my companys pay structure that was that poor or thats how bad the profession is....Me port one time

I'm off that line completetly and I'm elsewhere now by God's Grace

15 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Plus10(m): 7:12pm On Feb 20
EmperorCaesar:
When i realized that an ET in the bank earns 100k more than my manager that, A woman that has spent 7years on the same role

I really didnt wanna know if it was my companys pay structure that was that poor or thats how bad the profession is....Me port one time

I'm off that line completetly and I'm elsewhere now by God's Grace

Lol@port grin...It's wise you made that move bro.May God grant us our heart's desires

2 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by bouncin04(m): 1:01pm On Feb 21
When I wanted to japa to Canada as a skilled worker since this shege promax started , it was then I realized my profession wasn't real , na so I follow una enter the yawa .

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by saxtaiwo: 1:02pm On Feb 21
Mine was studying a course I have never enjoyed for a day , I was studying civil engineering in Lagos State polytechnic and I struggled throughout my ND, it was at the point of entering HND when I personally and purposely spoke to my self and thank God my inner self listened. I decided to write Jamb again and I gained admission to study physics in Unilag.
Of a truth I am feeling fulfilled taking that decision,about to finish my masters in physics and PhD loading. Teaching may not be paying as we thought but the greater fulfilment I have now is worth more than money.
Please stay in a profession you find joy and fulfillment in, you can be making millions and hate going to work.
When you are in a wrong profession then you must hate Monday morning.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:03pm On Feb 21
grin
Actually studied civil engineering technology way back in poly,but ended up working in various bakeries before I finally got my own keke cheesy. Omoh,this country na cruise currently.. ..Any direction of profession wey life blow you go, just obey so long food dey dey your table on a stead so that see-finish no go dey las las..

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by toujurs: 1:04pm On Feb 21
When tinubu became the president. God will punish those who voted for him.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Miyachi: 1:04pm On Feb 21
The question should have been: "At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Country?". My answer is above.

11 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Metronomy(m): 1:04pm On Feb 21
Being in the wrong profession depends on what interests us more, maybe it's the pay or the joy of doing the work...

But unfortunately, in this part of our world, the pay is a major factor that determines what or where our interest lies.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by devilmaycry: 1:04pm On Feb 21
Hmmmmm
Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Atolu01: 1:04pm On Feb 21
😶‍🌫️.
Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Moyinoluwa35(f): 1:04pm On Feb 21
Hmm
Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Parydelegate: 1:04pm On Feb 21
When I wore APC cap to Labour Party polling boot agent screening. grin

3 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Metronomy(m): 1:04pm On Feb 21
toujurs:
When tinubu became the president. God will punish those who voted for him.

And God will punish you too that has solution, but did not buy presidential ticket

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by toujurs: 1:05pm On Feb 21
Metronomy:

And God will punish you too that has solution, but did not buy presidential ticket
And God will punish your generation for quoting me.

Zombie.

19 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by 735i(m): 1:05pm On Feb 21
After 5 years in the industry, I evaluated the lives of my bosses who were at managerial level and were still tenants in Ikorodu. I knew it wasn't the life i wanted for myself. Had to dip immediately.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by 2Radii: 1:06pm On Feb 21
When I realized I can't use bricklayer money buy venza...

I jakpa jare

7 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Lalami3232(m): 1:07pm On Feb 21
If you ever discover that you're in a wrong profession, migrate to programming and thank me later. For those who will be quoting me, go for Cyber security, Data science or mobile app development and thank me later.
What do I even know sef aside giving advise to men on this platform.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted

3 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Rekyz(m): 1:08pm On Feb 21
Metronomy:

Why are you so pained?

3 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by sevo(m): 1:11pm On Feb 21
Metronomy:

Person no fit express him own opinions again without receiving insults...
Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by ABC101FF: 1:12pm On Feb 21
The moment I realized I was in the wrong country🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by PussyOdour(m): 1:12pm On Feb 21
Metronomy:

And God will punish you if assuming he buys the ticket and you still go on to vote for Tilimbu instead of him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by SaturnNick(m): 1:13pm On Feb 21
Immediately I started teaching in a private school 😭😭😭

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by BigDawsNet: 1:13pm On Feb 21
Never did

Tho I wanted to study medicine so bad... but I wasn't that too serious in my early years...

But I'm enjoying my tech career lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by LagosG: 1:13pm On Feb 21
Most Nigerians are in the wrong profession.

Microbiologists dey work for bank
Civil Engineers are doing marketing for insurance companies
Electrical Engineer dey do farm manger
Software engineers designing CV online

You can blame the president for Nigeria's problems but this is one of our foundational problems. Wrong people in the wrong places. How would a nation grow in such a situation? People get jobs as favour even though they're clearly not desirable for such positions.

2 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by WantsandMore: 1:15pm On Feb 21
To think that I'm just advising my younger sis between working & earning 30k monthly or learning a skill now that she'd have time....This woman still prefer to work & earn stipend Man. I no fit shout again

9 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Mindlog: 1:16pm On Feb 21
By the time I was in 300 Level Accounting, I had to accept the fact that I had no business in that field but just pushed myself to graduatecheesy cheesy

Never worked with that degree for one day then moved to my passion, mental health.

Went back to school to study psychology and now enjoying my work life in that field.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by WantsandMore: 1:16pm On Feb 21
Mindlog:
By the time I was in 300 Level Accounting! cheesy cheesy
ican certified accounting is goated though

2 Likes

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Sirseedorf(m): 1:18pm On Feb 21
When I realize that salary work/company is not for me, but i pray that i make it out someday to start my own business, whether good or bad...

1 Like

Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by reiddecuti: 1:19pm On Feb 21
When I was in school grin grin grin
Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Seunpapa65: 1:20pm On Feb 21
Hmm
Re: At What Point Did You Realise You Were In The Wrong Profession? by Mindlog: 1:21pm On Feb 21
WantsandMore:
ican certified accounting is goated though

Was the best SSCE student in my set in Commerce and Book-keeping & Accounting (Frank Wood cheesy), had sights on graduating from UNN, get ICAN certified, work in KPMG etc......that dream began to fizzle after I watched a psycho thriller, I developed interest in the mechanics of the human mind. cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Effective Tools For Managing Your Business / Should An Employee Attend To Work Calls/mails On Weekends / Benefits Of Modern Office Design To Nigerian Employees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.