Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. (27086 Views)

NJC Recommends The Appointment Of 18 Appeal Court Judges, Others / APC Plotting To Use Foreign Mercenaries To Rig Edo Guber, PDP Alleges / Buhari To EU: We Will Defeat Boko Haram With Civil War Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by Winning123: 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2020
Idiot!!!

Moferere:
Jonathan used mercenaries, they said he's clueless.
Are they enjoying the lifeless man they used to substitute Jonathan now?
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by sulaak(m): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2020
South Africa has more than 600,000 armed private security industry that is well trained and provides value security service to the community.
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by lugado: 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2020
seunmsg:
Simply put, Nigeria army can’t win the war against Boko Haram. Sad!

I’m in for whatever will bring peace to the country. We must find a way to stop the senseless killings.

And there's no where in the world where a single army unit or the a single country's army can win insurgency
The earlier that useless analog president knows this the better
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by dklex(m): 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2020
mercenaries bawo ? the last i heard anything mercenaries was in secondary school for inter school principal cup, see what BUBU and APC cause now.
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by rontolo(m): 10:16pm On Nov 30, 2020
Even if Nigeria acquire one million Humvees, 1000 apache gunships and 10,000 Abrams tank, they will still fail woefully. Boko haram will continue to humiliate our hapless army. There are two reasons for this:

1. The military is seriously compromised. Buhari and his military lackeys are sympathetic to BH

2. Incompetent and de motivated. Troops will abscond and leave the weapons for BH to claim

Nigeria will NEVER win this war, not with Buhari in power. NEVER!
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by Moferere: 10:20pm On Nov 30, 2020
Winning123:
Idiot!!!

I am going to report you
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by Grandmeister(m): 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2020
Angelfrost:

Not really!!!... He is trying too hard to make Nigeria's insecurity issue seem far more complicated than it truly is. This is irritating and downright annoying.

Some of us just enjoying drawing pointless analogies especially when it comes to justifying incompetence. We should learn to call a spade what it truly is.

You’re the only one here that saw through that moniker! He is very adept in watering down the incompetence of this government...
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by God1stson(m): 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2020
May their souls rest in peace. The North is bleeding. The same way we promoted #endsars, it's time to promote #Endbloodbath in the North. An injury to one is an injury to all if not it will become a circus. THE GOVERNOR SHOULD RECRUIT MORE CIVILIAN JTF, THEN BUY MORE FOREIGN MACENARY FIGHTERS, HE CAN CALL SOME NORTHERN POLITICIANS TO FUND HIM OR INTERNATIONAL DONORS. THE NA HAS FAILED SO LET THEM SPEND MORE ON FOREIGN MERCENARIES WITH BETTER EQUIPMENT AND LESS PRONE TO MOLES WITHIN.

This was exactly the comments I made yesterday. The time of pretense is over. If the pple in Also rock had their kids massacred like this, it would have been another ball game. This guys in power now lack empathy.
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by chrizzyace: 10:52pm On Nov 30, 2020
helinues:
When the northerners are ready to stop the insecurities and unnecessary waste of lives in their region ,they should let us know

I’m telling you... they have been too adamant... this crisis has been on before former president Goodluck became president, till date the north has been silent about all the extrajudicial killings By Boko haram bandits herdsmen and kidnappers... Now is time for them to wake up!!! Majority of them were speaking against the endsars movement, but they can’t come out now and speak up to fight this insurgency once and for all... May God have mercy on their souls.
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2020
Angelfrost:

Not really!!!... He is trying too hard to make Nigeria's insecurity issue seem far more complicated than it truly is. This is irritating and downright annoying.

Some of us just enjoy drawing pointless analogies especially when it comes to justifying incompetence. We should learn to call a spade what it truly is.

Better oyel dey your head!!
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by THEGALADIMA(m): 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

I'M BLOWN BRO.
GOOD WORK

There are no saboteurs sabotaging the Boko Haram war.

Unconventional warfare is warfare that is not designed to be won, or lost. It is designed to scare and frighten your enemy so that the enemy gives up. It doesn't matter how many Bokoist die, or how many battles the Nigerian army wins, so long as Boko can outlast the NA, they have won.

Or why do you think it took decades for the British Army to fight the IRA in Northern Ireland? And that war did not end on the field...it ended with a peace treaty.
How about the Americans in Afghanistan and before then Vietnam? The Soviets in Afghanistan too? The US and the Soviets lost out both in Vietnam and Afghanistan not because of sabotuers, or because of 'corruption'..they infact won most major battles, but because the Vietnamese revolutionaries and the Afghan muhajideen were ready to outlast them.It didn't matter how many times they lost..they always came back for more and more...and were ready to play by no rules....

That's how guriella war works. IF YOU DON'T LOSE, YOU WIN.'. Right now across the world in countries from the Phillipines to Colombia, there are insurgenices that have been lasting for over 3-4 decades.

That's why beating Boko is going to take a long time. (and why I am reluctant to bash both this current government and the previous one for 'failing' to beat Boko.Doing so in a way is a failure to understand guriella warfare).

The mercs we used last time against Boko came from South Africa. South Africa under Arphateid had probably the best COIN forces battliing freedom fioghters in Angola, Namibia and South Africa. The Rhodesians had the best counter-insurgency unit of the 1970's (the infamous Selous Scouts) fighting ZANLA troops. And despite that...the SA bush war and the Rhodesian bush war were not ended on the battle field.

We beat Boko when they fought conventionally. It is the old methods of 'strike and run' that are more difficult to beat.

MODIFIED

My thanks for all the likes and quotes, especially the positive ones.

By the way this is not a pro or anti-government post. It is my ruminations on the lessons from past unconventional conflicts.

Something I read over twelve years ago...terroirsts are not interested in defeating the enemy per se...they just want to scare the enemy to a point that would make him withdraw.

Like the US in Vietnam. The US won every if not all major engagements of the war. They lost because the Vietnamese were ready to outlast them. The Vietnamese did the same to the French that came before the US....

Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by deji68: 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
" baba will lead the fight from the front as an ex General" .... remember that foolish phrase, now baba is missing in action
bendike:

See, take time to read about the war those mercenaries fought in North East.
The first thing they did was to set up a strike team chosen by from NA, they gave special training. Paid and fed by them.
The strike team was infused with foreign mercineries. They brought in their mrap vehicles ie revas from South Africa along with helos. They also made use of our tanks and aircrafts. They piloted our Jets and MI 25, 35s. One major thing they brought to the fight which Nigeria airforce could not do was to fight at night. Apparently our pilots were not rated to fly at night. You now had pilots making relent less attacks with night goggles in darkness.
Boko Haram was on the run while these guys were on the offensive.
They attack Boko Haram and when they run, these guys will airlift troops to to set up ambush on their predetamined escape route and decimate them. Those that escape will meet further ambush in front. This was happening day and night!
See, go to Google and read about the war. At the rate they were going then Boko Haram would have been ended then. But this government came in and canceled their contract claiming it was a disgrace to the army and that baba will lead the fight from the front as an ex General.

1 Like

Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by Mrquote: 12:12am On Dec 01, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Well, you very much so did not read my comment.

If you did, you will understand that I would never hold such a belief.

Infact, having read history, I had already accepted the fact that anyone saying that Boko would be beaten in 6 months was talking tall tales.

Good evening. And by the way, I don't back GEJ or Buhari, PDP or APC.
I believe you should educate people in ur cycle to understand this about lie this politicians use to deceive them
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:14am On Dec 01, 2020
The last time they hired mercenaries Nigeria army attack them with artillery and said it was a mistake I guess they don’t know the directions of Boko Haram
The Ukrainian mercenaries have to go back then my brother said if you call their Air Force for support 2am they will come with jet fighter to assist while Nigeria Air Force will complain no jet fuel the only lady who was fighting BH then they revoke her license to fly .
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by calcal: 12:34am On Dec 01, 2020
“One of our recommendations as possible solutions to end the insurgency is the immediate recruitment of our youths into military and paramilitary services to complement the efforts of the Nigerian forces,” he said.

The NYSC supposed to be given 3 months of training and send them to fight the BOKO HARAM. after all they are serving the country. that's the way it works in RUSSIA, check it out
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 01, 2020
dynicks:
Jonathan tried accessing that angle, they referred to him as daft and baptised him with all sort of derogatory names.....Today , they are equally heading back to eat their dungs....

Until people of the north decides to tackle this menace head on, I see no end to its existence...!

Meanwhile buhari won't wanna agree to such suggestion cus he still got pride in himself as the GCFR....
It is now clear that GEJ was doing his best to fight this terrorist
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by nick50(m): 3:20am On Dec 01, 2020
Sack the useless service chiefs or are they now above the country?
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by raylandmark: 4:22am On Dec 01, 2020
[quote author=calcal post=96605053]“One of our recommendations as possible solutions to end the insurgency is the immediate recruitment of our youths into military and paramilitary services to complement the efforts of the Nigerian forces,” he said.

The NYSC supposed to be given 3 months of training and send them to fight the BOKO HARAM. after all they are serving the country. that's the way it works in RUSSIA, check it out

[/quote
You for tell your pikin make he go fight boko haram because of say he dey serve him country some people go just dey the corner of there house dey type dust
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by okoroemeka(m): 5:43am On Dec 01, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

There are no saboteurs sabotaging the Boko Haram war.

Unconventional warfare is warfare that is not designed to be won, or lost. It is designed to scare and frighten your enemy so that the enemy gives up. It doesn't matter how many Bokoist die, or how many battles the Nigerian army wins, so long as Boko can outlast the NA, they have won.

Or why do you think it took decades for the British Army to fight the IRA in Northern Ireland? And that war did not end on the field...it ended with a peace treaty.
How about the Americans in Afghanistan and before then Vietnam? The Soviets in Afghanistan too? The US and the Soviets lost out both in Vietnam and Afghanistan not because of sabotuers, or because of 'corruption'..they infact won most major battles, but because the Vietnamese revolutionaries and the Afghan muhajideen were ready to outlast them.It didn't matter how many times they lost..they always came back for more and more...and were ready to play by no rules....

That's how guriella war works. IF YOU DON'T LOSE, YOU WIN.'. Right now across the world in countries from the Phillipines to Colombia, there are insurgenices that have been lasting for over 3-4 decades.

That's why beating Boko is going to take a long time. (and why I am reluctant to bash both this current government and the previous one for 'failing' to beat Boko.Doing so in a way is a failure to understand guriella warfare).

The mercs we used last time against Boko came from South Africa. South Africa under Arphateid had probably the best COIN forces battliing freedom fioghters in Angola, Namibia and South Africa. The Rhodesians had the best counter-insurgency unit of the 1970's (the infamous Selous Scouts) fighting ZANLA troops. And despite that...the SA bush war and the Rhodesian bush war were not ended on the battle field.

We beat Boko when they fought conventionally. It is the old methods of 'strike and run' that are more difficult to beat.

MODIFIED

My thanks for all the likes and quotes, especially the positive ones.

By the way this is not a pro or anti-government post. It is my ruminations on the lessons from past unconventional conflicts.

Something I read over twelve years ago...terroirsts are not interested in defeating the enemy per se...they just want to scare the enemy to a point that would make him withdraw.

Like the US in Vietnam. The US won every if not all major engagements of the war. They lost because the Vietnamese were ready to outlast them. The Vietnamese did the same to the French that came before the US....

Boko Haram is an idea that technically cannot be defeated by bullets and bombs,the insurgency is also in the part of the country that has ready human cannon fodder,I predict that in years to come Boko Haram will outlast the army because they have many advantages,(1)the land size and terrain,(2)lots of weapons from Libya and North Africa(3)and an idea that almost cannot be defeated and thousands of ready recruits.i also predict in years to come Nigeria will self implode and the no 1 cause will be organized banditry and Boko Haram.
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by Munzy14(m): 5:55am On Dec 01, 2020
seunmsg:
Simply put, Nigeria army can’t win the war against Boko Haram. Sad!

I’m in for whatever will bring peace to the country. We must find a way to stop the senseless killings.
Smh, but Jonathan tried using foreing mercenaries and procurement of arms, but u APC lots insulted him for cheap political gain.

This is still morning, by the time this administration ends, body go tell everyone.

#cluelessgovernmentandsupporters#
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by darams4all(m): 6:28am On Dec 01, 2020
The north should stop importing and raising up almajirís if they want to technically win the war against bh
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by orisa37: 6:38am On Dec 01, 2020
governor-zulum-makes-six-recommendations-to-defeat-boko-haram-wants-buhari-to-hire-mercenaries.

Points considerable but first force BUHARI to sack BURAITAI AND THE PEOPLE OF BORNO SHOULD RECALL YOUR THREE SENATORS AND REPLACE THEM.
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by HRMK: 6:44am On Dec 01, 2020
boko haram still exist bcs some ppl in authority are making money from it.period!
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by EagleNest(m): 7:09am On Dec 01, 2020
Makes sense because some elements of Nigeria army and in deed few northerners are sympathetic to Boko Haram course on religious ground. An independent intelligence will probably help. But I thought Ihejirika was winning the war?
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by slowice(m): 7:30am On Dec 01, 2020
Those mercenaries gej brought in made some serious allegation against our soldiers but buhari blocked the ears of many and nobody listened.

The army is compromised so they can't possibly make any headway. Lately, our army seem to be doing "live and let live"with boko haram. No intelligence gathering and if they get information about the movement of the terrorist, they don't make any move
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by tnerro1(m): 11:18am On Dec 01, 2020
The thousands of children they gave birth to and could /would not train have become ready made recruits for Boko Haram. That is the source of the problem in the north. As long as this practice continues , Boko Haram will always have people to join them
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by vislabraye(m): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
dynicks:
Jonathan tried accessing that angle, they referred to him as daft and baptised him with all sort of derogatory names.....Today , they are equally heading back to eat their dungs....

Until people of the north decides to tackle this menace head on, I see no end to its existence...!

Meanwhile buhari won't wanna agree to such suggestion cus he still got pride in himself as the GCFR....

Everyday, GEJ is getting justified. The likes of Bakare and Mbaka are silent. CNN is equally silent.
People are killed like houseflies and no one cares. No security. Poor Economy. Imagine the military saying farmers should have taken permit to go to their farms.. angry
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by Dantee005(m): 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

That excuse of rough terrain is lame. Borno is largely lowland and plain though massive but not the most massive. Niger is. And Niger is much rougher so if our army complains of Borno what will they say of Niger.
The problem is more political than strategic. The old man at the helm is not so keen on killing off everything boko. The Nigerian army is not so skilled in containment tactics. The end result is one step forward to steps back. If the actors want BH to end it will.
Since ur mind is made up I won't argue with u cause it would be pointless....
Re: Governor Zulum Recommends the Use of Mercenaries to Defeat Boko Haram. by Oshokalo: 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2020
let them bring jarhead to sweep all this pest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Re-Arrests Femi Fani-Kayode, As Court Adjourns Fraud Trial / Soludo’s Inauguration Slap: Bianca Did What Ojukwu Taught Her In 1995 - Omokri / Chief-Of-Army-Staff, Buratai, Visits Troops In Gamboru-Ngala (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.