Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) (750 Views)

The Virgin Street Girl 18+ / The Virgin Wife Episode 1 / Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) by AkwaIbomWriter(f): 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2020
THE VIRGIN EYE EPISODE ONE BY Chibinobim Tony Eyinnaya

Twenty five years ago…
The strength of the night was manifested by the dimness of the sky. The moon had not shown her face, while the stars twinkled weakly. The signs had already been there that the next day would give birth to a disaster in the Kingdom of Ezeagu. The land was abnormally quiet for those who were blessed with the gifts of the spirits. The ancestors didn’t sing their songs, the crickets had not replied. The frogs had slept in fear. A foreign idol had been transported into the land by Nnamdi Ikenga, the one who would betray his only brother to become King.
Seven women had been summoned to the spiritual forest of Olana. It was dense and thick with vast vegetation. A small stream flowed through it, with baby snakes whirling inside the water. It was the forest of the goddess of the trees, Zika. These women were selected yearly by the priest and priestess of Zika to serve in her shrine, and it was required that they be chosen as virgins at first, before losing their maidenhead after marriage.
Oriaku, Chika, Ezinne, Nwakaego, Adanne, Ugoeze and Ngozi were the women that served at the shrine of Zika. Although they were married now, they were still required to meet at the Olana forest every midnight, sometimes their spirits travelled there, sometimes they walked there physically.
As they stepped into the stream that night, they felt strange warmth encapsulating them. Olana stream was never warm; it was always cold as death itself.
“Something is wrong…something is about to happen…” Ugoeze, the leader of the seven women was the first to sense the change.
“I feel it too…” Nwakaego added.
While the women deliberated amongst each other, a slithering creature appeared in the water and settled in their midst. It was the goddess, Zika. She had chosen to take the form of a silvery serpent that night. Slowly, the serpent gave way to a slender light skinned woman with three horns and greenish eyes. She wore a bluish dress which glowed like lightning. The women immediately bowed and worshipped the deity of justice.
“Zika, you reign!” They cried out.
The goddess raised a hand adorned with reddish pearls that were too exquisite to be made by human hands.
“A foreign power has been brought to replace me. Ugoeze!” She called out to the lead woman.
“My queen!” The plump woman trembled as the goddess called her in a manner that wasn’t gentle. Ugoeze was married into the royal family of Ezeagu, and her husband was next in line for the throne.
“Your brother in law has brought in a strange deity that is stronger than I am. Your husband will be killed and all those who believe in him. You seven will be killed, leaving your children, husband and loved ones behind. Olana shall become a dreaded forest for a score and five years. Your spirits will live on with me here.”
The women broke into whispers and sobs as they heard the terrible prophecy.
“Is there nothing we can do to stop this from happening?” Ugoeze asked with courage.
“We can do nothing. The higher god has limited my powers. I cannot save you from what is to come. But there is only one way…” The goddess paused and stared at the darkened sky. A devious smile danced on her lips as she felt the presence of another who had not been chosen for her worship.
“You are with child Ugoeze…I see a girl! She shall be called Uremma. In her, the glory of the Olana forest would be restored and true justice would be brought to the land.”
The goddess had not finished speaking, when shouts of disaster travelled from the market square through the Olana forest.
“The bloodshed has begun…” The goddess vanished from their eyes.
The seven mothers scattered immediately, with the hopes of saving their families and eloping to avert the prophecy of doom. But it was too late. Nnamdi had killed his elder brother, and was going house to house with his guards to kill all those who had opposed him in the power tussle.

Re: THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) by NoChill: 10:06pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ok
Re: THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) by AkwaIbomWriter(f): 11:14am On Dec 01, 2020
THE VIRGIN EYE BY CHIBINOBIM EYINNAYA- CHAPTER TWO
Twenty Five years after…
A score and five years had passed as the goddess of justice had predicted after the great persecution. Igwe Ikenga ruled the people with an iron hand. He had executed the seven virgins, and their leader, his late brother’s wife after she had successfully given birth to a child, Uremma. The King had immediately asked the midwives to poison her, an order which they obeyed. He had instructed that the child be killed, but the priest of the foreign idol that he worshipped had advised against it, stating that the new god, Odeniji was against the killing of the innocent child.
Now Uremma had blossomed into a beautiful young maiden. She was a striking resemblance of her late mother, whom she had never met. She was tall and slender; her dark skin was smooth and flawless. It was her skin shade that earned her the name, “The dark one.” She served as a slave in the palace of the king, but she had no idea of her heritage because she was raised by a woman that was equally a slave. It was clear to Uremma that Ojiugo wasn’t her mother, but loved and disciplined her like her own daughter. Many times as a child, Uremma had always asked Ojiugo to tell her more about her family, but the slave woman couldn’t because she had sworn an oath to the sacred shrine of Odeniji against it. Uremma was never to be told the truth about the King and the great persecution that took the lives of the seven most revered women in the Kingdom many years ago.
It was a beautiful morning, and the earth had blessed the Kingdom of Ezeagu with fair weather. The sun was shy, perhaps it was tired of beating the people with its harsh rays. Like other slaves, Uremma’s morning was filled with running around and keeping busy at the palace. After arranging some wrappers into a basket for her mother, she closed the hut which was within the palace ground and hurried out to start her day. But she wasn’t fast enough.
“Wait!” The old woman slowly straightened on the mat.
“Greetings Nne…I thought you were sleeping…” Uremma raised a brow in surprise.
“Nwam, I know when you sleep and when you rise.” Ojiugo smiled steadily as she stared at the exquisite beauty that was all hers.
“I arranged your wrappers. Let me help out in the kitchen, I will bring you some food.” Uremma promised, but she noticed the woman wasn’t pleased. Something bothered Ojiugo.
“Are you alright Nne?” Uremma moved away from the door and walked closer to her.
“I had a bad dream. Please do not wander off from the other maidens when next you go to fetch firewood in the forest.” The old woman advised.
“Can you tell me about your dream?” Uremma asked.
“I saw you walking into the forbidden forest of Olana. We don’t know what lies in there. But it has been established by the chief priest and other villagers that wandered off of its eerie nature. Rumors have it that a beast lives in it, and it kills people instantly.” The woman’s voice trembled with fear as she whispered the dream. Uremma could see raw fear in her mother’s eyes. It was a serious dream.
“Mama, nothing would happen to me. We never fetch firewood on dangerous grounds. Even if the King commands it, I will not go into that dark forest.” Uremma assured her mother that she would be careful.
The old lady felt relieved knowing that she had raised an obedient child. She knew that Uremma deserved more than the life that they were living, but what could she do? She could never tell Uremma of her rightful heritage, the throne belonged to her. She was supposed to be in the position of Adaugo, the arrogant princess.
“Go well, may Odeniji bless your day!”
Uremma bowed, “Thank you Nne. I shall be back.”
Once she stepped out of the hut, she was met with two slaves who also served in the palace.
“What brings you towards my hut?” Uremma was surprised.
Amarachi and Uche exchanged glares.
“What happened?” Uremma could tell that the message they had brought was not positive.
“This morning, the Queen and the princess came towards the kitchen and summoned all of us. We are to go to the Olana forest to fetch firewood.” Uche swiftly announced.
“But we will go in sets. If the first sets survive, then others would join.” She continued.
“But why should we go into that cursed forest? Don’t our lives matter to the King? If wood has become so scarce, we can go to other Kingdoms or the King could levy the people.” Uremma’s outburst was related to her mother’s dream.
“I have no idea what they are up to. But you are among the first three to enter the Olana forest…” Amarachi said.
Uremma felt a bitter lump hanging in her throat. Her mother was right! Now she would be faced with disobeying the orders of the royal family and being punished for it.
Re: THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) by AkwaIbomWriter(f): 11:15am On Dec 01, 2020
THE VIRGIN EYE BY CHIBINOBIM EYINNAYA- CHAPTER THREE
Although Igwe Ikenga was a heartless and ruthless ruler, his command for the slaves to fetch firewood from the dreaded forbidden forest wasn’t just to fulfill his evil plans, but as a result of the deadly famine that had consumed the kingdoms around them. He had fought wars with Oratta, Umuani, Elebe and Abagana, the four kingdoms that shared boundaries with Ezeagu; if they couldn’t survive the famine, he needed to make friends with farther kingdoms for his power to remain effective.
At this point, the sun lazily crawled out from her hiding place. The king sat upon his throne, which was within his council hall, a muddy hut adorned with red bricks and snail shells. He wasn’t alone this time, his wife; Ezinne Odinaka sat next to him, on a smaller stool which symbolized her authority as queen, while Princess Adaugo sat far away at the place provided for chiefs. The King had never acted on his own. His wife, Ezinne was full of tricks and political wisdom. It was her encouragement and fierceness that made him kill his brother and take the throne.
“I have sent word to all the slaves to fetch firewood at Olana forest…” The princess said. She had just returned from an errand that her parents had sent her. Adaugo had been exposed to the truth about the throne. She was raised to see Uremma as the enemy, and one who envied her position and would take it by any means possible. She was just as evil and power hungry like her parents, Uremma had wondered why her father hadn’t executed her since. The King had then explained that the chief priest of Odenije, the foreign god that he had brought into the land had asked him not to spill Uremma’s blood or all the plans would be ruined.
“That is good. Let me see how she would escape this one. Since the priest said we cannot shed her blood, I am certain that something evil would happen to her at the Olana forest, that way, her blood would not be on our hands.” The Queen added. This idea pleased the King greatly. Once Uremma was out of the way, they would have nothing and no one standing against the throne.
“Very well then, I expect the forest to swallow her up.” He grinned wickedly.
Princess Adaugo was about rising to go about her affairs of the day when her father stopped her with an announcement.
“My princess, you know very well that the times are hard. I will be meeting with the elders from Agwachi, to forge a marriage alliance between you and Prince Izunna. You must adorn yourself and be ready for presentation.”
Her heart skipped at the mention of the famous prince. Though Agwachi was far from Ezeagu, word about the handsome prince had travelled through the neighboring Kingdoms. Many spoke of his bravery and empathy, because he was a warrior, while the maidens who’d been privileged to set eyes on him, spoke of his majestic handsomeness.
“As you wish father, I will do as you have said.” Adaugu strolled proudly outside the council hall. Her personal maids joined her as she retreated to the yard where she would organize Uremma and the others to start their journey to the forgotten forest.
TO BE CONTINUED….
Re: THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) by AkwaIbomWriter(f): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2020
Hi readers. Keep following for more! You can check out my page on Facebook @AkwaIbomGirl for more stories. Like and follow please.
Re: THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) by AkwaIbomWriter(f): 4:16am On Dec 10, 2020
THE VIRGIN EYE BY CHIBINOBIM EYINNAYA- CHAPTER FOUR
Uremma didn’t know how else to explain the coincidence of what was about to take place. First, Ojiugo had a dream of something happening to her at the Olana forest, now the princess had commanded that they got ready to visit the forest for some firewood.
“You can’t possibly say not to her, you know how easily angered the princess is.” Uche was the first to point that fact to her as Uremma had made it clear that she wasn’t going to the forest.
“For your sake and Ojiugo’s, I hope that you are joking. Do you know what it means to defy the orders of the King? I will not share part in your disobedience. Whatever dream your mother had is simply what it is: A dream!” Amarachi added. The slaves were still deliberating on the matter when Princess Adaugo showed up. The piquant princess eyed the maidens with disdain, with the last drop of her bitter stare falling on Uremma, the one whom she secretly hated. She had come to know the story about her cousin who turned out to be a slave, she had to play her part in the plan to get rid of Uremma.
They all bowed and greeted her at once.
“We are leaving for the Olana forest right now.” She dropped the instruction without wavering. It didn’t take long before four palace guards advanced towards the princess, with twelve other slaves walking behind them. Before leaving the palace, Adaugo explained that she was acting on her father’s orders and anyone who disobeyed her would pay. Uremma’s tongue was tied as she listened to the princess. What her mother had asked of her was difficult, how could she openly disobey? That could cost them their life or banishment? Uremma pulled in a deep breath and prayed within her heart, hoping that she would find favor in the eyes of the gods.
“Do not worry, we are all in this together.” Uche reached for her hands and gave it a squeeze. As they strolled towards the forbidden forest, they all met the harsh stares of the Kingdom dwellers, some who wondered why the King’s servants were heading towards the evil path that would lead to their death.
It was a lonely road, surrounded by tall and hard Iroko trees, blocking the penetration of the glorious morning sun. Owls and vultures were the predominant birds, a symbol of the evil presence that the forest carried. The more they trudged deeper, the greater the fear increased. Uremma could tell that the others were afraid; including the princess though she masked her fright. Surprisingly, the surrounding of the forest didn’t scare her as much as she had thought. For some reason, her heart desired to step into the forest, to drown in the darkness that lay ahead, to behold this curse of the forest by herself.
“Stop!!!” Adaugo’s shrill cry brought everyone to a stop. They all turned around to listen to her.
“I am dividing you all into groups.” She began. This new command gave birth to murmuring amongst the servants who had not expected this. But they couldn’t challenge her authority as a princess, so they simply stood by and waited.
“Uremma!” Adaugo bellowed. Swiftly, the slave girl stepped out.
“You and your friends would be the first to step into the forest. We shall await your return. You must hurry.” Adaugo eyed Uremma mischievously, knowing that she would never come out of the Olana forest alive. No one ever did. After her father had brought in a new god, Olana had been desecrated and turned into an evil forest. Zika, the goddess of justice was bound there forever; only potent to kill anyone that trespassed.
Uremma watched as Amarachi and Uche began to sob, knowing what lay ahead.
“Do not cry now, I have a feeling that there is something more to this forest.” Uremma whispered as they moved away from the others.
Re: THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) by AkwaIbomWriter(f): 4:18am On Dec 10, 2020
THE VIRGIN EYE CHAPTER SIX- CHIBINOBIM EYINNAYA
The prince stared into his father’s face with surprise as he observed the elders from Ezeagu Kingdom. The men had come to create an alliance with his kingdom because of the famine that had spread through that region. They had proposed a marriage between the two kingdoms, just as the strange maiden had prophesied, his father, the King, was in support of the alliance. Although Agwachi was rich in mineral resources and men, they need to expand their powers to other territories. And the only way they could bring this expansion to reality was by bonding with other powerful kingdoms with Ezeagu being the first.
“I am afraid. Izunna, you may not have a say in this matter. I am doing this for the benefit of the kingdom.” The King leaned closer to his heir who sat beside him on the throne. Izunna nodded in understanding, for his mind had already been prepared to receive this message.
“Tell me about your princess…” The King turned back to the elders from Ezeagu.
The first man who led the trio stood up. His eyes sparkled with hope and delight that the ruler of Agwachi had not rejected their proposal. Ezeagu needed financial assistant, but she was too proud to ask of it from neighboring lands, so they had decided to come this far.
“Princess Adaugo, just as her name implies is as exquisite and glorious as the eagle. Her beauty radiates like the morning sun, it blinds those who wish her evil. Her smile brightens the palace; she is her father’s precious one. The princess shares many things in common with her father; fearlessness, ambition, hard work and the ability to lead. She would do very well with the great prince Izunna.” He bowed and took his seat.
Izunna loved the description that was given to him of the woman he was to marry, but it made him wonder why the strange maiden, Azuka, had asked him not to marry her. He wouldn’t disobey her words, because she was starting to look like his chi, his personal savior. For every word that she had spoken to him always came to pass, and she had saved his life more than once. One day, he would find out who she truly was.
“That sounds good.” The King smiled, feeling satisfied with the words said about the princess.
“When can I go see her?” Izunna asked his father. This made the older men chuckle; they thought the prince was already smitten by the description of the princess.
The King was more pleased that Izunna had not resisted his plans.
“You are free to meet with her. You can journey back to her land, but you would be in the company of my elders to send word and gifts to King Ikenga.” His father replied.
“Very well then, I shall depart for the journey at dawn tomorrow.”
“You please me with your decision. I see why the gods made you my okpara(first son).”
As they neared the arrangement of huge Iroko trees with extremely thick and dark barks, the other slaves wondered why Uremma was so calm even in this storm. The clouds were gathering in the sky, lightning flashed in reluctance. It was obvious that the rain was gathering her tears to pour it down upon the earth.
“Is there something you aren’t telling us?” Uche stopped as they were considerably far from the view of others. She was addressing Uremma.
“What do you mean?” Amarachi eyed Uche angrily. This wasn’t the time to ask crazy questions.
Uremma sighed. She knew that her friends had been observing her, wondering why she was so confident.
“I do not understand you.” She pretended.
“You don’t seem terrified, and from the way you’re leading us, it seems that you have been to the Olana forest before!” Uche replied.
It was a bad thing for her to laugh as they were very close to the forbidden forest, but Uremma couldn’t control the urge that welled up in her. Her lips welcomed a loud chuckle.
“I am terrified Uche, I just know how to mask my fears well.”
“What if we run away Uremma? This is an opportunity to leave Ezeagu and start a new life somewhere. We cannot set feet in that evil forest.” Amarachi suggested.
Uremma shrugged, “If that is what you want, but I cannot leave Ojiugo behind. I will step into that forest.” Running away was a good idea, but what if they encountered something graver? The paths were ridden with robbers and slave traders. It was better to be a slave at the palace than at the places of torture.
Uremma pulled in a deep breath and set her eyes at the entrance of the forest. She cast her eyes on the dark clouds, her lips moved as she whispered.
“Oh forbidden forest! We do not enter your grove on our accord, we are simply slaves and we pray for mercy!” She raised her hands towards the entrance and cried. Suddenly, the wind grew louder and stronger; this was followed by droplets of rainwater. It seemed her prayer was answered. Uremma felt a power rising within her, a boldness that she had never known.
“Let us go!” She called to her friends.
She was about to take a first step when she heard a sweet melody of flutes and female voices singing praises of her name.
“Wait…did you hear that? It seems someone is calling my name.” Uremma was supposed to feel afraid, but she felt no fear. Her friends stared at her puzzlingly. She ran faster than they did until she found herself at the entrance of the forest. Wild vine plants curled and twisted upon themselves thereby creating a barrier for those who would enter. Uremma gently caressed a green vine plant while adoring the little stream that flowed within the forest. As she caressed the plant, a golden light spread from her fingers and matched with the vine. Just in time, her friends arrived to see the glow. Without wasting time, the vine plants grew apart with a crackling sound, making way for the three slaves.
TO BE CONTINUED
Re: THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) by AkwaIbomWriter(f): 4:19am On Dec 10, 2020
THE VIRGIN EYE CHAPTER 7 BY CHIBINOBIM EYINNAYA
“Let us return to the palace.” The princess gave her order. At first, the other slaves wanted to argue with her, as they were afraid of what would happen to the first three that had been sent, but when they realized who was speaking to them, they kept shut. Adaugo made sure she was behind all the slaves, with the guards directly at her back. Her heart throbbed with expectation, her ears were open to hear the sound of the misfortune that would befall Uremma. She noticed the gathering of the dark clouds, and read it as a bad omen. Surely, the Olana forest was evil and it would swallow her cousin.
“Increase your pace! We must hurry!” Princess Adaugo bellowed. They hadn’t walked too far when they encountered a very attractive maiden heading towards the path they were just leaving. Everyone stared at her strangely. Why would anyone head towards the Olan forest? There was nothing there but plague and death! At first, the princess wanted to ignore the rude maiden who had no courtesy. How could she not recognize the eagle of the land? Her pride wounded Adaugo’s ego.
“Stop right there! Do you know not know how to show respect?” She eyed the light skinned woman angrily. As the maiden drew closer to her, she noticed the blue stream of her almond shaped eyes. Her beauty was too raw to be ordinary, there was something about her, but Adaugo wouldn’t be intimidated. She was her father’s daughter.
The maiden stared stubbornly at the princess, irritated at the pampered lady.
“I am here…” she said to Adaugo.
“Do you know who I am?” Adaugo bit her lip, pressing down the anger that welled up within her. This fool was testing her patience.
The strange maiden inhaled sharply, almost releasing the breath in a rush. She was on a mission and Adaugo would block her.
“Look, I know that you are the princess. I will not take your title away from you, but I am in a hurry and I wouldn’t answer any of your questions.” Without another word, the strange maiden hurried away from where Adaugo stood.
“I command you to stop!” Adaugo barked like a wounded dog, but it was too late. The maiden continued walking, letting the order of the princess on the dust that she raised.
“Ebuka!” The princess called her chief guard.
“My princess…” he stepped forward.
“Find out who that witch is! I shall report her to the King and have her flogged for her show of rebellion.” As she spoke, she imagined the strange maiden being tied to the tallest tree in the Kingdom. She would be flogged publicly, after the humiliation; she would learn to show respect.
Adaugo waved the matter aside for something more important. She couldn’t wait to report the progress of the matter to her parents.
As she neared the throne room, she could hear the generous rainfall of laughter flooding the place of meeting. It seemed her father was busy with the elders so she decided to retire to her hut for some rest. She had not gone far when one of the men sent to Agwachi caught sight of her. They had returned without prince Izunna who had decided to spend two more days with his people before journeying to Ezeagu.
“The pride of Ezeagu!” The man beckoned to her. From the way he smiled, and the gladness in his voice, Uremma could tell that it was good news. Her father had mentioned prince Izunna earlier, but she had no idea that the alliance was already et in motion. Once she entered the throne room, she bowed in greeting to the elders and knelt before her father who blessed her with his staff.
“Rise my treasure…” He tapped her back thrice.
“Thank you father.” Adaugo slowly straightened and balanced.
“Prince Izunna loves you already from the report of my chiefs. He shall be here within two days for a brief period of courtship. You must prepare yourself for him. Now that the obstacle is out of the way, we have nothing more to worry about.” The obstacle he referred to was Uremma, though the other men didn’t understand.
Adaugo was overjoyed at the prospect of being the next queen of two great Kingdoms. She knew that she had made her father proud. She couldn’t wait for the entrance of Izunna, prince of Agwachi.

*** Her friends were too stunned to say a word or inquire about her newfound powers. To everyone, Uremma was just an ordinary girl, so it was strange to see her bending the curling plants with a flame that grew from her fingers. They were genuinely scared of her as they thought her a witch. If only they had not followed her into the cursed forest, perhaps there would’ve been a way for them to flee.
Uremma closed her eyes as she neared the little stream. She was about to dip a toe within when Amarachi pulled her back.
“Don’t do that! What has come over you?” Her friend asked with fearful eyes.
“Why are you stopping me?” Uremma pulled away from her.
“We need to leave this forest right now! I do not have a good feeling about this place. It is enough for us to step into the forest for the princess to see. We could fetch firewood outside this place and lie to her that we had indeed fetched it from Olana.” Uche suggested.
It was now clear that her friends weren’t just afraid of her, but what they had seen. She wished she could explain to them that everything that was happening to her was simply weird, she had never experienced this before.
“I know you are both afraid of me, but you mustn’t be. I am still Uremma, daughter of Ojiugo and I would never hurt you…” she trailed off as she heard a soft rhythm being played. The softness of the drumbeat spiraled within the gentle breeze that caressed the forest trees. Even the stream rippled in understanding of the song that was at play; the song of the seven virgins who had been consecrated for Zika’s worship. Uremma couldn’t help it. She welcomed the alluringness of the music with a smile as if adoring the visible players, then she slowly tapped her feet and gestured with her hands. Uche and Amarachi stared in shock.
“I fear for her sanity!” Amarachi whispered to Uche.
“I think we should leave this forest before something evil happens to us. Uremma has suddenly changed. What if she turns into a python and swallows us up?” Amarachi asked.
The girls were still contemplating on the best decision to take when Uremma stopped dancing.
“How could you resist such sweet music?” She was surprised that her friends weren’t dancing.
“What music?” They eyed her angrily. It was now clear that she had been the only one to hear the drumbeats. Uremma paused and stepped away from the stream. She could see why her friends were afraid of her. Something had really changed in her. Uremma was about to share her fears with her friends when she felt a tingle in her fingers. The forest suddenly seemed like a void, a dead-zone. All creatures that pre-existed suddenly became quiet, the only thing she heard were footsteps. Someone was coming! “What is it?” Uche and Amarachi chorused, they could see how terrified she looked.
“I sense another presence. We must hide!” Uremma returned.
She was about to join her friends in hiding when she noticed a figure in a white dress floating towards the entrance of the forest. Sparks of blue flames flew out of Uremma’s fingers directly falling on the vines that had given away. Once again, the vines received their life’s magic, resurrecting to block the way. The figure in white couldn’t pass. It stood outside and grinned at Uremma. From the paleness of the skin, the bluishness of the eyes and the horns that stuck out of its head, Uremma could tell that she had seen the deity that resided in the Olana forest.
“May the gods preserve my life,” she prayed.
“Uremma!” Her friends called on her to hide, but she refused.
Re: THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) by AkwaIbomWriter(f): 4:19am On Dec 10, 2020
Hi guys, follow me @AkwaIbomGirl Page on Facebook. You can read ahead and more stories.
Re: THE VIRGIN Eye(fantasy, Magic, Romance) by Lakesc: 8:20pm On Dec 10, 2020
Beautiful piece u have here. More inspiration to u....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Will You Be Mine Once Again? / My Husband is in Love with My Sister: Help! / Nigerian Shortlisted For 2009 Caine Prize For African Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.