Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video (52878 Views)

Onu Promotes Indicted Ex-fIIRO Boss Demoted By Buhari For PhD Fraud / General Olusegun Adeniyi Faces Court Martial Over Social Media-Related Offences / Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2020
I said it has never been attained by anybody in the Nigerian Army. No known serving personnels both past and present in the Nigerian Army has ever been decorated with that rank(Field Marshall)
lexy2014:

Field Marshall is attainable. It won't be an existing rank if it wasn't attainable. It is rarely given not that is unattainable. Several men have justifiably attained that rank but it's been in times of war, especially during d 2nd world war. As d commander-in-chief of d armed forces, any sitting president of nigeria holds d ceremonial rank of field Marshall that cuts across all arms of d military. This is reflected in his ceremonial uniform which he wears when d need arises
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Christistruth00: 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2020
nonoski:
Well Major General Adeniyi should have known better. He should have written a strongly worded letter to the Chain of command instead.

A military officer has a duty bound code, he can not choose not to like it after attaining a prestigious rank of Major General - the highest rank of career army officer (equivalent of Director in Civil Service).

That been said I still support his actions

In Nigeria when God wants to propel a Yoruba man he wants to use for a special National Purpose into Prominence
God will first demote him to keep his ego in check.

Awolowo was brought out of Jail to be Leader of Yoruba and Gowon's right hand man.

Tinubu was pursued by Killers and sent into exile by Abacha. Since he returned he is seen by his enemies as a Political juggernaut

Obasanjo came out of Jail 3 years into a life sentence for a non existent Coup against Abacha to become President
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by lexy2014: 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2020
realokopi:
I said it has never been attained by anybody in the Nigerian Army. No known serving personnels both past and present in the Nigerian Army has ever been decorated with that rank(Field Marshall)

Ur exact words were:

"Field marshal is unattainable...".

Pls what does it mean for something to be unattainable?
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
Me saying it has never been attained doesn't mean it can't be attained.... Get my English right.
lexy2014:

Ur exact words were:

"Field marshal is unattainable...".

Pls what does it mean for something to be unattainable?

Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by lexy2014: 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2020
realokopi:
Me saying it has never been attained doesn't mean it can't be attained.... Get my English right.

Pls what is d meaning of d word "unattainable"?
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by DeOTR: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2020
pegix:

absolutely.....leaking such a video could have weakened the morale of the fighting men

same happened in usa [navy] na only corona virus cases he disclose to the presss ,baba was dismissed patapata
promoting him to the initial rank might not be feasible again
that demote is more or less of "u arent capable to hold dix rank"
he will retire a brigadier u will see
The road from a Brigadier to a Major General is not a 3-year journey.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by HitlerGaddafi: 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
lexy2014:

Field Marshall is attainable. It won't be an existing rank if it wasn't attainable. It is rarely given not that is unattainable. Several men have justifiably attained that rank but it's been in times of war, especially during d 2nd world war. As d commander-in-chief of d armed forces, any sitting president of nigeria holds d ceremonial rank of field Marshall that cuts across all arms of d military. This is reflected in his ceremonial uniform which he wears when d need arises
Oga we are talking of Nigerian military here. Field marshal is not an attainable rank. It's a ceremonial and reserved rank for any incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by grandpoh(m): 2:27pm On Dec 01, 2020
The Nigerian army should be ashamed of itself,imagine a major general leading a battalion to a war based on false intel and he was ambushed his men killed and injured and you expect him not to rage?
What was his offense really?
For pointing out your wrongs?
Or the fact that he’s Yoruba although I hate to be ethnically inclined?
Imagine the love,loyalty and zeal these men had for there country that they were not even willing to leave the battle ground but rather seek for ammunition to defeat the enemy...
And yet what do they get in the end demotion and jail term?
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by lexy2014: 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

Oga we are talking of Nigerian military here. Field marshal is not an attainable rank. It's a ceremonial and reserved rank for any incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria.

There's no rank in d military that isn't attainable. If it weren't attainable, then other ranks wont be attainable & would be ceremonial as well. Field Marshall isn't "reserved for any incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria". The president automatically assumes that rank by virtue of his position as C-in-C. Like I noted, they are rarely given & not unattainable. They are given mostly in war situations. In military history, there are only a handful of military men who have attained that rank. Understand d difference between something being unattainable& rarely given.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Tcwork: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2020
nonoski:
Well Major General Adeniyi should have known better. He should have written a strongly worded letter to the Chain of command instead.

A military officer has a duty bound code, he can not choose not to like it after attaining a prestigious rank of Major General - the highest rank of career army officer (equivalent of Director in Civil Service).

I think you are very wrong. This man is a true solider.
A general in battle with his men.
He did what every patriot should do. He tried to expose corruption and incompetence.
He is not like the other generals that grow fat from the death of their men.
We cannot condemn true bravery.
May God give us more men like this.
Imagine what would happen if half of the Nigerian army were this brave.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Ramos16(m): 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
Pierocash:
So ordinary privates too know how to use android phone to the point of knowing how to post videos on social media.

It means Nigeria is working

What a dumb human you are
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Pierocash(m): 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2020
Ramos16:

What a dumb human you are
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by nextstep(m): 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2020
nonoski:

A soldier's duty is ultimately to his country. Not to his superiors. There are times breaking the chain of command is crucial - war crimes and high misdemeanors are some of those times. His duty then is to report to his ultimate boss - the Nigerian people - the truth of what is happening. Most countries recognize the importance of this, which is why there are whistle blower laws. "I was following orders" is no longer an acceptable defense. He may still be found guilty (as per the rules of the military or agency), but it's truly sad the way our military (and many agencies) punish the very people that can save this country.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by eddyline(m): 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2020
nonoski:

I understand your sentiments but I am of the belief that someone of his standing would have attempted all these processes without any reasonable outcome. you may not know the kind of pressure he faced on the field seeing his men constantly being gunned down. he just had to do something that will put pressure on the army hierarchy. *my thoughts though*.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
There's different between "unattainable" and "Never being attained" The later means that the position has never been attained but it could be attained at any given time. Take your time and understand my English.
lexy2014:

Pls what is d meaning of d word "unattainable"?
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by lexy2014: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2020
realokopi:
There's different between "unattainable" and "Never being attained" The later means that the position has never been attained but it could be attained at any given time. Take your time and understand my English.

Did u see d initial comment to which I responded? Are u d author of that comment cos u jumped into d conversation taking responsibility for d comment. Maybe, u need to follow a conversation before u jump in because u really aren't communicating
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Nawa4nl: 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2020
Soldiers who free Boko Haram terrorists are never prosecuted
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by zebra(m): 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2020
Punished for spewing the truth. Na wa o. Thank God the punishment awarded to him was not dismissal from service or reduction in rank, but loss of seniority.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by nonoski: 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2020
realokopi:
Who told you "Major General" is the highest rank? There's "Lieutenant General" after "Major General" and "General" after "Lieutenant General" which makes "FIELD MARSHALL" the last rank (Which has never been attained by anybody in Nigeria Army)

Major General is the highest rank a career army officer can attain.

Lt Gen is usually reserved for appointments eg COAS or CDS.

The Nigerian Army has had very few rank of Generals and they where mostly Head of States.

It's from President Yaradua that started dishing out rank of Generals.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by golddare: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2020
DasaintHope:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/court-martial-convicts-demotes-major-general-adeniyi-over-leaked-video/%3famp=1

It's not just about the leaked video, that's the job, the man was deceived in making the video. NA go make you white fowl if you are not careful.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2020
lexy2014:

Field Marshall so far just like the "admiral of the fleet" and the "Marshall of the Airforce" in the Navy and Airforce respectively are unattainable ranks in the Nigerian military.... there is no record of any officer of such rank in the history of the Nigerian military.
but I've seen officers of such rank in foreign militaries tho!
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Poloyanabo2(m): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

@ realokopi alot of them get confused because of the major or lieutenant on front of the general rank. A general is higher than a major general and lieutenant general. Brigadier general, major general, lieutenant general, General , field marshal . That's the rank. Field marshal is unattainable and a ceremonial rank which automatically belongs to the president (GCFR). Pls be educated.

Cc Poloyanabo2 ChoCho54
Yes its unattainable in Nigeria but I've seen officers of such rank in other militaries especially USA.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by lexy2014: 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2020
Poloyanabo2:

Field Marshall so far just like the "admiral of the fleet" and the "Marshall of the Airforce" in the Navy and Airforce respectively are unattainable ranks in the Nigerian military.... there is no record of any officer of such rank in the history of the Nigerian military.
but I've seen officers of such rank in foreign militaries tho!

Theres a difference between something being unattainable and when something is rarely given. There's no military rank that isn't attainable. D fact that no military man in d history of nigeria hasn't attained d rank isn't d same thing as it being unattainable.

There are conditions to be met for d attainment of any rank and if those conditions are met, any deserving individual will get it. D question u didn't ask urself is what are d conditions requisite for d attainment of d rank of field Marshall. D gentlemen that u say have attained d rank in other climes, what conditions did they meet? Unfortunately, u didn't read my last comment very well.

Are u aware that before 1999, d nigerian navy had never produced an admiral? Before then, d highest any naval officer got to was vice admiral. It was obasanjo who broke d jinx by appointing Ibrahim ogohi as d first admiral of d nigerian navy when he appointed him chief of defense staff. If u are familiar with d nigerian military that u mentioned, a naval officer has never attained d position of chief of defense staff.

Don't no how conversant u are with nigeria as at 1999, but Am certain that u probably would have said becoming an admiral & having a navy officer as chief of defense staff in d nigeria was "unattainable".
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Roseey0(f): 6:22pm On Dec 01, 2020
Pls come home Sir.
Come home to the people who love you.
I don't know how people take up army Jobs in this country o.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by HRMK: 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2020
I BEG,NA LIE HIM LIE?IF NOR BE LIE,WHY U COME CONVICT AM?MAKE HIM LAWYERS APPEAL NOW!
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2020
You guys keep talking based on hearsay and what you see on the internet. I am a soldier bro and I know what I am saying.
nonoski:

Major General is the highest rank a career army officer can attain.

Lt Gen is usually reserved for appointments eg COAS or CDS.

The Nigerian Army has had very few rank of Generals and they where mostly Head of States.

It's from President Yaradua that started dishing out rank of Generals.
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2020
I don't even understand the point you're driving at.
lexy2014:

Did u see d initial comment to which I responded? Are u d author of that comment cos u jumped into d conversation taking responsibility for d comment. Maybe, u need to follow a conversation before u jump in because u really aren't communicating
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by lexy2014: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
realokopi:
I don't even understand the point you're driving at.

How will u understand when u jumped into a conversation without reading where d conversation was coming from?

So my questions are:
Did u see d initial comment to which I responded? Are u d author of that comment cos u jumped into d conversation taking responsibility for d comment?
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by ofuonyebi: 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2020
HIS CASE WAS JUST SIMPLE...THE FOOLS DIE BY THIER OWN SWORD!
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by niyidenrele: 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2020
nonoski:

Well by my own understanding, a Major General rank in an army is equivalent to , a Perm Sec, or Prof , the triple are all placed on same salary and benefits
Re: Major-General Olusegun Adeniyi Demoted By 3 Years Over Leaked Video by chaloskyx: 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2020
EHEN EVEN BEFORE I READ THE PIECE I KNEW IT WAS BECAUSE OF SOROSOKE THEY WOLD ARREST HIM.......NIGERIA HAS ACTUALLY LEFT DEMOCRACY AND IS PRACTICING MILITARY RULE WE JUST DONT KNOW IT YET THEY ARE DELIBRATLY INCREASING THE LEVEL OF INSECURITY AND LEVERAGING ON IT TO USE FORCE AND GAG OPPOSITIONS IN THE NAME OF NATIONAL SECURITY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Mourns The Death Of General Attahiru Ibrahim, Others / Moment Akpabio Got Excited While Performing His First Duty As Senate President / PDP Rejects Results Released By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.