Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible (72144 Views)

Imo : Man Commits Suicide By Hanging After Incest With Daughter (Photo) / Nick Spencer Committed Suicide By Hanging At His $2.5 Million Mansion / Commercial Motorcyclist Commits Suicide In Ibadan By Hanging (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by budaatum: 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2020
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2020
jagaban002:
No matter what you going through suicide is not an option .
Too much of movie is among what killed this boy .
How can this little boy knows dead by hanging only if not for movie .
May God forgive him and heal is parent
this is one sentiment I find unbelievably annoying. What do you mean by suicide is not an option? People should have the right to decide they don't want to suffer anymore. Everyone is going to die one day and once you are dead it won't matter to you anymore how old you got or what you were able to achieve so why should people be caged in suffering and discouraged to take their lives? People should be proud to have control over their lives not shamed by cowards
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by thinkmoney(m): 4:22pm On Dec 01, 2020
TMSMedia:
Boy Accidentally Kills Himself in Lagos While Trying To Confirm If Death By Hanging Is Possible (Photos)

A business woman has been arrested in Lagos after her young nephew allegedly killed himself by hanging himself from a ceiling fan on Monday, November 31, IgbereTV reports.

According to Vera, the woman's neighbour, who is based in Lagos, the incident happened on Monday, November 30, when the boy's aunt went to the market to buy goods.

She claimed that boy identified as Kelvin, hung himself from the ceiling while reportedly trying to confirm if is possible for one to die by hanging.

She wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/100001919471950/posts/4776457085761560/?app=fbl
He must have been a brilliant kid. He was curious and daring.
My story would have been like his. I tried something like this around his age or younger at the front of my grandmas house in full day light. The house is arguably the most centrally placed in the community, facing the main road. I hunged from the tree in front of the house. But luckily for me, after close to around ten seconds struggle, the rope broke. I could have hunged for about 5minutes without anybody noticing.
I can only imagine what would have been peoples reaction. They would have said things like I was under diabolic "remote control", many would have said it's a further proof that my grandma is a witch (as she had experienced quite a number of high profile misfortunes), she wouldn't have been able to live with it-no further reasonable defense from her, but the more reasonable ones would have known I fell a victim of my risky plays, high curiosity and hyperactivity.
I didn't use to watch much films, but I try to replicate things from movies; I tried building 'noahs ark', I built several bow and arrows, swam river Nigerian river at Jebba several times during Deeper life retreats and scaled discrepit high rise buildings with ropes.
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by deleo16(m): 4:22pm On Dec 01, 2020
Righteousness89:
The World Today is Highly Polluted both Spirtually and Physically.

Many things we see that we think does not Matter are the things used by the evil Spirtual Forces to capture the Gullible and those Spirtually blind.

This young innocent boy is very likely a Victim of what he saw or watch on the tv or internet.
Many of the stuffs ( Cartoons and all that ) put out in the name of kids shows and all that filled with Highly Demonic stuffs. There are cartoons today that put out Lgbt stuffs, and other demonic stuffs.

The little kids get to fill their brain with these things, in their dreams they visit them and the end result is things like these..

We Live in very Dangerous times. You have to be Watchful and Prayerful over you're and your Household..

A Word they say is Enough for the wise!
well said

1 Like

Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by etibaba(m): 4:22pm On Dec 01, 2020
Ucloaded01:
I would have died the day I tried this shit when I was little if not for Ebuka that game to my rescue with a knife. The woman might be innocent, children do stupid things I swear. I would have died the day I tried this shit when I was little if not for Ebuka that game to my rescue with a knife. The woman might be innocent, children do stupid things I swear.
The bone of contention here is "Did the dead boy tell her he was experimenting'?
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by MozB: 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2020
Atleast now he knows that death by hanging is possible. Experiment absolutely successful.
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by NairaMaster1(m): 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2020
A great rsearcher
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by budaatum: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2020
Nuel4:
this is one sentiment I find unbelievably annoying. What do you mean by suicide is not an option? People should have the right to decide they don't want to suffer anymore. Everyone is going to die one day and once you are dead it won't matter to you anymore how old you got or what you were able to achieve so why should people be caged in suffering and discouraged to take their lives? People should be proud to have control over their lives not shamed by cowards
Funny. Why should proud in control dead people be shamed by the sentiments of the unbelievably annoying living cowards?
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by Aladdin1(m): 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2020
what am trying to understand is who told them that the boy was killed by attempting to rehearse suicide by hanging.was there a death note left behind by the boy or there was a witness? i strongly believe that this a clear case of murder.the boy was murdered and then the person tried to frame it to look like attempted suicide.
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by dvkot(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2020
something fishy is going in here
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by KosiGee(m): 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
There is nothing from the story that proves that this boy accidentally committed suicide by trying it hanging was possible. Perhaps I didn’t read it well but I’ll treat this as murder till it’s proven otherwise.

I’ll start with the person who posted the photos and wrote that the boy killed himself accidentally.

How did he/she know that this kid tried this out?
Did the boy mention his intention to anyone?
How did he manage to tie the rope to the ceiling fan so successfully? What platform was he standing on? Did he jump of it?

This to me is very dodgy. Every one who has access to that house/flat should be treated as suspect.

1 Like

Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by ARAGON22(m): 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
This is what happens when village people dey monitor your pikin upandan

Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by Lamasta(m): 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2020
Did the boy tell them he is practicing hiw to die RIP to him tho
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by ochombia1: 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2020
Righteousness89:

Many things we see that we think does not Matter are the things used by the evil Spirtual Forces to capture the Gullible and those Spirtually blind.

This young innocent boy is very likely a Victim of what he saw or watch on the tv or internet.
Many of the stuffs ( Cartoons and all that ) put out in the name of kids shows and all that filled with Highly Demonic stuffs. There are cartoons today that put out Lgbt stuffs, and other demonic stuffs.

The little kids get to fill their brain with these things, in their dreams they visit them and the end result is things like these..

We Live in very Dangerous times. You have to be Watchful and Prayerful over yourself and your Household..

true talk my brother.

1 Like

Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by One4me: 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2020
Let us ASSUME he was not killed by an adult, because l dont know how his hand got to that height the Ceiling. shocked undecided

That means the boy was experimenting!
Now, the result of that experiment has proved to every little boy, that people can die from hanging.
This boy deserve a Nobel Laureate in Science.

PS: Why is it that the Nigeria Police dont know more than to clamp someone in the Cell, once an event happen? What if the locked-up person is completely innocent, will they pay for that unlawful detention?
Cant they first do a thorough investigation (while keep the suspect under surveillance), without even alerting the suspect, then armed with solid evidence, swoop on the Suspect?
Why are we so blessed with dumb people in that Black Uniform? angry
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by chizzyglow: 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2020
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Too much of watching some dangerous cartoons on Dstv and Gotv. There is another useless programme they show that all they literary do is to destroy things. Rest in peace boy. Them no dey sample death.

Shut up no br cartoon na una useless Nigerian movies t
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by abuhari: 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2020
How possible for him to tied the rob, up to that level, possibly he was murder just cover it up. Rest in peace boy.
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by bobochem: 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2020
The censor board has to step up their game by doing the needful to forestall re occurrence of this painful and misleading act by the young folk.Many movies we watch now a days do all sort of rubbish that I will need to cover my baby eye for her not to watch it.Because young folks of nowadays have computer memory that can store and do whatever they watch on the TV set.We parents need to step up with our responsibility also.May God help us in Jesus name
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by epistleNow(m): 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2020
TMSMedia:
Boy Accidentally Kills Himself in Lagos While Trying To Confirm If Death By Hanging Is Possible (Photos)

She claimed that boy identified as Kelvin, hung himself from the ceiling while reportedly trying to confirm if is possible for one to die by hanging......

Weird stuff !

How was this confirmed ?

I guess that's the work for Police to truly find out.

1 Like

Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by jaxxy(m): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
Where did he see hanging takes lives? Probably cartoons.
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by speedchariot(m): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
Village people don finish work with remote control.
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2020
Righteousness89:

We Live in very Dangerous times. You have to be Watchful and Prayerful over yourself and your Household..

So it's LGBT that made him commit suicide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by madridsta007(m): 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2020
talktrue1234:

Okay do you want to know something, I grew up in a deeper life family, my dad won't allow us to watch the TV except for the NTA news at 9, curiosity can come from anything you can't even imagine, just be very close to your child, know what he his obsessed with at any point in time, people like that have obsessive minds, they get obsessed about a particular thing for some time, and another thing after some times. When ever you notice they try to look for lone time, just know that they are presently obsessed with something they themselves know it is dangerous.

That guy must have being nursing that action for a long time even talking about it and asking his peers about it, the guardian leaving him alone is the perfect opportunity he has been looking for, for a long time.

If the new is true trust what I am telling you, you can't cage a curious mind, I grew up with that kind of mind too, so I know very well, I know what I have attempted if not for my dad, siblings and neighbors, that always come to my rescue, I won't be typing this now.

Some people will say it an evil spirit, it actually not, people like that just have very obsessive characters

I have a very curious mind, perhaps more curious than you. I have jumped off a moving bus; I have gone to tamper with an active bee-hive; I have been bitten by a dog; when I see snakes, I dont run from them; I chase them, unless when in a confined space... In the North, when there is a religious fight, I go out on the streets to meet the Almajiri rioters. I did all these and more when I was younger. Let me stop here, before people think I am bragging.
This acts were driven by me seeing others doing it and me believing I could as well. Movies were one of those things and backed with a curious mind, I did these and more. This are the physical reasons. Are there spiritual reasons? Of course. That is another epistle.

My point: The young boy saw these things being played out somewhere and did the same. TV, Movies are some of those mediums.

1 Like

Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by chiefojiji(m): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2020
More to it..... Did the young lad said he wants to see if hanging oneself will take his life? Or just based on assumptions?
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by Exodora: 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2020
Just this afternoon I was just thinking , after one is shoot and thrown into the river only to be saved by ....at times be carried out and left by the water bench if it is possible.
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by Farid24224(m): 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2020
So sad!! May his soul rest in perfect peace.. Amin
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by Dollanaira: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2020
Why
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by Nmezor(f): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2020
Kids and their inquisitive minds. How I wished someone knew wat he was up to...Anyway rest on lad
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by uuzba(m): 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2020
Nuel4:
The end result of suicide is an eternity in hell.
It is the greatest disrespect that you can give to God who created you in the first place.
-
No matter what your belief is, you didn't create yourself, nor this earth or the universe in which all exists.
Committing suicide is a simple and plain 100% rejection of God for all eternity.
And those who reject God are the devil and everyone who is with him in hell..
You have the rest of your life to decide what you want.
Believe or don't believe, there is God, and he is all open arms for you!
Heaven is free. Hell is free. But why people will happily choose hell fire, I can't tell..
Devil in hell doesn't love Anybody. The whole eternity is he will spend ruthlessly and restlessly beating the shit out the souls with him
Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by nerorex01: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2020
You're very very correct

Righteousness89:

1 Like

Re: Boy Kills Himself In Lagos While Trying To See If Death By Hanging Is Possible by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 01, 2020
budaatum:

Funny. Why should proud in control dead people be shamed by the sentiments of the unbelievably annoying living cowards?
no. People frame people who intend to commit suicide as cowards and shame them into more confusion without understanding what they are going through. There are a lot of people in this world who are suffering from problems that have zero solution other than eventual death. These people are discouraged and shamed from committing suicide they live their entire life in pain and suffering only to end up dying. Human rights is a lie if one cannot decide whether or not he wants to be part of the whole game

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

19-yr-old Dies Of Drug Overdose During Intercourse With A Lady In Delta (photos) / COVID-19: US Records 1,169 Deaths In 24 Hours — Highest Single-Day Toll Globally / Coronavirus: Father Cries Out Over Non-Treatment Of Daughter At Isolation Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.