Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Own The Old Mtn Fastlink Modem (the Zte Mf626) But Need Windows 7 Drivers? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Own The Old Mtn Fastlink Modem (the Zte Mf626) But Need Windows 7 Drivers? (8331 Views)

Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / MTN Fastlink Modem Not Connecting. / Pls Help Me To Unlock This Mtn Fastlink Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Own The Old Mtn Fastlink Modem (the Zte Mf626) But Need Windows 7 Drivers? by Karles(m): 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2011
Do you own the old MTN fast link modem which is the ZTE MF626 but can't use it on windows 7 because of lack of drivers? Well, your problems are finally over. I have gotten the drivers which will not only allow you to use the 3.5G modem but will also allow you to use your micro SD card on the device.

Believe me when i say i know what you may be passing through owning the device and can't use it. You may have tried going to MTN offices, MTN websites, searched the whole internet for downloads but can't find a solution. Everybody is talking about huawei modems and what you have is a stupid ZTE modem that is not working because you use windows 7. Believe me, I know.

MTN doesn't sell this model of modems any more but they are very much around. Most especially around people who still use Windows XP as an operating system. You may have gotten yours from a friend or relative who is frustrated with it and doesn't know what to do with it since he or she has finally gotten a windows 7 computer.

Well, help has arrived. I use windows 7 on my laptop and someone gave me his old MF626 modem which he claims doesn't work. Well, if you have one of these modems, try using them with short USB extendable cable and they will work.

For the device drivers, I finally have the device drivers that works with windows 7 and to my shock, if i put in a micro SD card in the modem, it detects it and the modem can work as a storage device or flash but i don't use it for such purposes.

For those that may have tried to install the ZTE MF626 modem on windows 7 without luck, this is what you do.

Firstly, uninstall the MTN fast link connection software from the modem then restart your computer.

Secondly, re-install the MTN fast link software embedded in the modem.

Then, run extractable windows software I will send to you. The windows 7 operating system may display a message that it did not install properly. Open your connection manager and watch as the blue light of the modem (for 3G and 3.5G) or green light (for EDGE) begins to show. Then that's it. It's working.

Remember, the problem most times is the USB connector of the modem may not work directly with your laptop. I don't know why it happens with most of the MF626 modems i have seen. Use a USB extender cable.

To get the windows 7 drivers, give me a call so we can talk so i can send it to you as an email attachment. I live in Redemption camp, lagos - ibadan expressway. If you are around, I don't mind coming to meet you. My number is 07035441854

Thank you.
Re: Own The Old Mtn Fastlink Modem (the Zte Mf626) But Need Windows 7 Drivers? by iorhenter(m): 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2011
why is it nigerians are so self-centered, so greedy, so money conscious? I know you will tell me is not all about the naira, but if it 's not all about it, why not just post that software of yours here like the international forums will do?

Something is wrong with this country, Gosh!!!! you all disgust me.

And you @poster!!!! let me give you a piece of advice, Nobody needs your pathetic Gsm No. All we need is the software just post a link to it and we will say thank you. Else, save us the time and stop posting things like this to the nigerian community. It shows how desperate you are.

This goes out to all the Jackass niggers that do the same. Give us the link and not you caricature phone numbers. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Own The Old Mtn Fastlink Modem (the Zte Mf626) But Need Windows 7 Drivers? by dannywest: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2011
Typical Nigerians smiley

I finally got mine to work Yesterday so thought I should share.

You would need a second source of internet to get this working as you can download the drivers online (just 200kb).

1.) Install Your Modem Software as usual

2.) Connect to your Internet using the second source (I tehthered my phone to my Laptop and used it in browsing but WiFi too is OK)

3.) Click on your windows Button and search for Device Manager.

4.) If you put in your Modem, usually one Autorun Pop-Up would come out, if it does, run it or Go to "Computer " in your Menu and Run the Mtn Fastlink Icon that should show there

5.) In your Device Manager, Click modems, You should see about 4 zte modems with Yellow icons on them showing they where not properly installed.

6.) Starting from the First one, Right-Click and select upgrade driver software, Search Online.

7.) When you have updated all four, Restart Your Computer!!!

Insert Your Modem and it should work as Perfect as Brand New.

Hope its Helpful, Let me know if any part doesn't work.
Re: Own The Old Mtn Fastlink Modem (the Zte Mf626) But Need Windows 7 Drivers? by michealndubuisi: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hi pls can someone help unlock my fl modem av tried but it's isn't working .
IMEl: 357133036485058.
Model:E156G. Will so somuch appreciate it my email add:
tel: 07 037 6095 925

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Reliable Between Hp And Lenovo Computers? / ALL ITEMS SOLD! !!! / Pls Anybody Knows Microsoft Office In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.