Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu (1338 Views)

Travails Of Mama Boko Haram: Why She Is Held In Prison Since February / Boko Haram: Why Buhari Can’t Lead Our Troops Like Chadian President– Tony Momoh / Boko Haram: Why I Haven’t Criticised Buhari Despite Borno’s Worsening Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by NofiuFade(m): 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2020
Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), says the clamour for the sacking of service chiefs is ‘out of place’.

According to Shehu, the president has the prerogative to appoint or sack any of the country’s service chiefs, adding that the president keeps the service chiefs as long as he is satisfied with their performance.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the horrific killing of at least 43 rice farmers at Zabarmari in the Jere Local Government Area of Borno State last Saturday sparked fresh call for the sacking of the country’s service chiefs.

Reacting to the call by several Nigerians who also want the president to rejig the country’s security architecture, Shehu said the decision to sack or retain any of the service chiefs is entirely the president’s.

He spoke on Monday night in an interview with Arise TV monitored by The PUNCH.

The presidential spokesman said, “I am not aware that the tenure of service chiefs is subjected to any law or regulation that is clearly stated. They serve at the pleasure of the president and (if) the president is satisfied with their performance, he keeps them. The buck stops on his table —with due respect to the feelings of Nigerians.

“The clamour for the sack is out of place considering that the president is not subject to the opinion of opposition political party which has clamoured for this all the time. It is entirely his own determination; he decides who he keeps as his service chiefs and for how long.”

Boko Haram were reported to have first tied up the farmers, who were working in rice fields, before slitting their throats.

Shehu had said the farmers had no military clearance to be on the rice farms when the attack happened.

His reaction was greeted by outrage on social media as many Nigerians lambasted him for blaming the dead.

Explaining further last night, Shehu said, “My suggestion in the earlier news report is that the military had not certified those areas as being free of landmines and terrorists’ intrusions. Whether there are processes for getting licences or commissions, it is not for me, the military is in a better position to describe those processes."

Kayode Oyero

punchng.com

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by yemmight(m): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2020
This Garba is the most clueless aide under Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by slimfit1(m): 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
I blame the NASS.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by dawnomike(m): 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2020
I am suspecting this man...
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Freestainworld(m): 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2020
my only happiness is that the Boko Haram issue is only happening in the north where those bunch of idiot's are coming from, very soon, their immediate families will dance to the drum they have been beating

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by humblegirl: 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2020
meaning the president is happy with what is happening

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Jagznation(m): 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2020
They should be sacked period
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Burstit(m): 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2020
yemmight:
This Garba is the most clueless aide under Buhari.
He is an image of buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Burstit(m): 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
dawnomike:
I am suspecting this man...
Me too
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Burstit(m): 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
humblegirl:
meaning the president is happy with what is happening
Before nkor

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Burstit(m): 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
Jagznation:
They should be sacked period
Should be sacked?/ You wan make dem reveal wetin de for Aso Rock as your President. Can of worms.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Racoon(m): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2020
What is wrong with all these presidential aides who always insult the sensibility of sane Nigerians with utter impunity? This is a more good reason why the president ought to be addressing this nation himself to save Nigeria insults from these grossly stupid & irresponsible image makers around him.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Racoon(m): 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2020
The presidential spokesman said, “I am not aware that the tenure of service chiefs is subjected to any law or regulation that is clearly stated. They serve at the pleasure of the president and (if) the president is satisfied with their performance, he keeps them. The buck stops on his table —with due respect to the feelings of Nigerians.

“The clamour for the sack is out of place considering that the president is not subject to the opinion of opposition political party which has clamoured for this all the time. It is entirely his own determination; he decides who he keeps as his service chiefs and for how long.”

Nigerians clamouring for a president who failed woefully to provide adequate security of lives & property to sack his service chiefs is now "out of place"?

So even the rubberstamp NASS, relevant stakeholders in the north and Nigerians that have been clamouring for the dullard to reinvigorate the security architecture of this nation are all members of the "opposition political party"? It sucks to stay around Buhari.His cluelessness and incompetence are really contagious.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by helinues: 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2020
So if they are not performing up to expectations, why retaining them?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by capitalzero: 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2020
Burstit:
Should be sacked?/ You wan make dem reveal wetin de for Aso Rock as your President. Can of worms.

Fixed!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by sapientia(m): 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2020
As far as Buhari is concerned.

He is doing a very good job.

There is no poverty

There is no insecurity

He has given security agencies everything they need to secure Nigeria and they are doing it.

That's the summary of what Shehu said after blaming the rice farmers that died.

PROJECT NIGERIA has failed.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Akpu1981: 6:36am On Dec 02, 2020
Buhari I knew is not in charge of this country
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by ImadeUReadThis: 6:39am On Dec 02, 2020
Because Buhari likes fetching water with baskets.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Bumpo2: 6:40am On Dec 02, 2020
Buhari is the worst prez of all time
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Marine54(m): 6:42am On Dec 02, 2020
angry
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Ikennablue(m): 6:57am On Dec 02, 2020
Can this man listen to himself. So Buhari is pleased with the job of the service chiefs. God will judge them. The wrath of God will visit them. The bleeding blood of those farmers will be on thier head. The only thing they think about is the opposition party and 2023 elections.

Buhari can easily travel to Ebonyi state to celebrate and congratulate umahi for joining APC. To him, he has provided the necessary funds for military in borno so they can go Bleep themselves. I remember the 2015 election. How children from this state came out to vote him

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Aflix(m): 7:21am On Dec 02, 2020
So what Garba is saying is that, Buhari is satisfied with Buratai's performance so far

Mehn......we are in for a long run.
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by bencr7: 7:24am On Dec 02, 2020
garba Shehu I don't blame u but that robot in aso rock that can not tell us wat he knows for him to hv not sack d fail service chiefs since
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Prezilittle: 7:33am On Dec 02, 2020
until boko boys wipe the full north out abi if e likes let him keep them till 2023 my only happiness is dat na D North dy fill the pain
Re: Boko Haram: Why Buhari Is Keeping Service Chiefs –garba Shehu by Liposure: 7:37am On Dec 02, 2020
Buhari is holding nigerians to ransom by keeping the service chiefs despite public outcry

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Elijah Reveals What God Told Him About Osinbajo, Igbo Presidency,others / Buhari Now A Prisoner In London, Placed Under House Arrest... / Breaking Nigerian Military Aircraft Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.