Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 (3983 Views)

How To Process Death Benefits In Nigeria / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by iknowexperts: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2020
International passports have evolved.

There was a time when one family could have one passport. All you need do was to to take a family photo and attach it to the passport booklet. And the whole family could use that one passport.

Now things are different.

Even babies who are 1 month old are required to have a separate passport.

This is in line with the ICAO recommendations which says "Children shall not be included in an adults passport; each child, including newborn infants, must be issued with his or her own MRCTD.

(MRCTD means Machine Readable Conventional Travel Document - it is essentially an electronic passport.
An electronic passport is one which the details of the passport holder is stored inside an electronic chip (just like your sim card) and attached to the passport booklet.
The holder,s details can obtained by scanning this electronic chip).

More than a few parents will want their child(ren) to have an international passport.

We will first of all start with the requirements before outlining the procedures. Note that this covers minors from 0 to 17 years of age.

However, requirements and procedure for adults are similar but for a few exceptions.
Detailed step by step procedure for adults is one of the major things I talk about in the "Fresh Passport Guide"

Requirements to get International Passport as a Minor

1. NIN slip for baby/minor (Required for Enhanced epassport)
2. Passport photograph of minor to be signed by parents at the back
3. Birth certificate of child (issued by NPC if he/she was born in Nigeria)
4. NIN slip of father and/or mother (or evidence of Nigerian citizenship)
5. Consent letter from both/either parents (can be handwritten)
7. 2 passport photographs
8. Acknowledgement slip
9. Payment slip
10. Online application form

If the child is adopted, Court Order and Letter of approval from State Ministry of Women and Child Development is required.

Requirement nos. 8, 9 and 10 are gotten from the NIS portal

How to proceed

Go to the immigration portal ==> https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport

• Select Standard E-pasport and begin application.
• Fill out all necessary information till the end.
NIN is compulsory if you want Enhanced epassport (Registration is free)
• Make payment online or at the bank.
You will be given an interview date after payment confirmation. However you can go before this date.
• Proceed to the pasport office you chose with the requirements
• Head straight to the Servicom desk or office. They will direct you to the offices to take your documents to.
• Its possible to carry out capturing same day. If not you will be given a slip with a date to return
• Go along with originals of your documents to be on the safe side because they might ask to sight it.

For standard passport, the price is lesser for minors.
Costs 10,750 ( application charges plus address verification charges) plus service charges.
See second screenshot below for breakdown. You might want to zoom in

The Enhanced epassport cost the same both for minors and adults

The above prices are for 32 years 5 years passport.

As per international convention, minors are not allowed to get more than 5 years passport because of their rapidly changing physical features.

Get a DIY guide on how to apply and get the Nigeria International passport
Visit my profile by clicking on my name.

Hope this help.

Cheers!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by stanisbaratheon: 6:51am On Dec 02, 2020
Nice.

I'm actually planning on applying myself, but I need the requirements for adults. Thanks
Re: How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by FunkeOseni: 6:54am On Dec 02, 2020
Please share the requirements for adults
Re: How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by iknowexperts: 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
stanisbaratheon:
Nice.

I'm actually planning on applying myself, but I need the requirements for adults. Thanks

Hi @stanisbaratheon and @FunkeOseni

The requirements

1. Photocopy of your State of Origin or Local Government certificate of origin
2. Photocopy of your Birth Certificate / age declaration
3. Two recent passport photograph of yourself with white background.
4. Filled and signed guarantor's form
5. One passport photograph of your guarantor with his name and signature at the back.
6. Photocopy of datapage of your guarantor's international passport.
7. ID of your guarantor (Either NIN slip/NIMC or driver's license)
8. Application form
9. Acknowledgement slip
10. Payment receipt

You get the guarantor's form and requirements 8, 9 and 10 after applying online and making payment.

In addition to the above:

If it is the enhanced passport you are applying for, you will need your NIN slip or your National ID card.

If you are married and have done change of name due to marriage, you will need photocopy of your marriage certificate, newspaper publication and court affidavit.

I have published a step by step guide on how to apply and get the Nigeria international passport. And you can get all the info you need there.

You can hit me a message on whatsapp, and I'll send you a copy. Kindly visit my profile for the no.
Re: How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by Frank0806(m): 3:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
Op wan shele komot for country land ,but lie lie you go nowhere....WE DIE HERE

1 Like

Re: How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by stanisbaratheon: 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
iknowexperts:

Hi @stanisbaratheon and @FunkeOseni

The requirements

1. Photocopy of your State of Origin or Local Government certificate of origin
2. Photocopy of your Birth Certificate / age declaration
3. Two recent passport photograph of yourself with white background.
4. Filled and signed guarantor's form
5. One passport photograph of your guarantor with his name and signature at the back.
6. Photocopy of datapage of your guarantor's international passport.
7. ID of your guarantor (Either NIN slip/NIMC or driver's license)
8. Application form
9. Acknowledgement slip
10. Payment receipt

You get the guarantor's form and requirements 8, 9 and 10 after applying online and making payment.

In addition to the above:

If it is the enhanced passport you are applying for, you will need your NIN slip or your National ID card.

If you are married and have done change of name due to marriage, you will need photocopy of your marriage certificate, newspaper publication and court affidavit.

I have published a step by step guide on how to apply and get the Nigeria international passport. And you can get all the info you need there.

You can hit me a message on whatsapp, and I'll send you a copy. Kindly visit my profile for the no.

wow! Nice

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
Thanka for this info.

1 Like

Re: How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by iknowexperts: 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2020
Frank0806:
Op wan shele komot for country land ,but lie lie you go nowhere....WE DIE HERE

Lols! Na this same we die here many people don talk, now na them dey visit Nigeria once in a while for holiday.

Even you sef fit get plan to japa. Abi na lie I talk?
Re: How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by iknowexperts: 10:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
Tsetsyfly:
Thanka for this info.

You're welcome man
Re: How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by Frank0806(m): 9:50am On Dec 03, 2020
iknowexperts:

Lols! Na this same we die here many people don talk, now na them dey visit Nigeria once in a while for holiday.

Even you sef fit get plan to japa. Abi na lie I talk?
No be lie o like this even if na second hand visa sef or if If person fit lap me inside plane sef ...all die na die

1 Like

Re: How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by Konquest: 7:10am On May 24, 2021
iknowexperts:
International passports have evolved.

There was a time when one family could have one passport. All you need do was to to take a family photo and attach it to the passport booklet. And the whole family could use that one passport.

Now things are different.

Even babies who are 1 month old are required to have a separate passport.

This is in line with the ICAO recommendations which says "Children shall not be included in an adults passport; each child, including newborn infants, must be issued with his or her own MRCTD.

(MRCTD means Machine Readable Conventional Travel Document - it is essentially an electronic passport.
An electronic passport is one which the details of the passport holder is stored inside an electronic chip (just like your sim card) and attached to the passport booklet.
The holder,s details can obtained by scanning this electronic chip).

More than a few parents will want their child(ren) to have an international passport.

We will first of all start with the requirements before outlining the procedures. Note that this covers minors from 0 to 17 years of age.

However, requirements and procedure for adults are similar but for a few exceptions.
Detailed step by step procedure for adults is one of the major things I talk about in the "Fresh Passport Guide"

Requirements to get International Passport as a Minor

1. NIN slip for baby/minor (Required for Enhanced epassport)
2. Passport photograph of minor to be signed by parents at the back
3. Birth certificate of child (issued by NPC if he/she was born in Nigeria)
4. NIN slip of father and/or mother (or evidence of Nigerian citizenship)
5. Consent letter from both/either parents (can be handwritten)
7. 2 passport photographs
8. Acknowledgement slip
9. Payment slip
10. Online application form

If the child is adopted, Court Order and Letter of approval from State Ministry of Women and Child Development is required.

Requirement nos. 8, 9 and 10 are gotten from the NIS portal

How to proceed

Go to the immigration portal ==> https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport

• Select Standard E-pasport and begin application.
• Fill out all necessary information till the end.
NIN is compulsory if you want Enhanced epassport (Registration is free)
• Make payment online or at the bank.
You will be given an interview date after payment confirmation. However you can go before this date.
• Proceed to the pasport office you chose with the requirements
• Head straight to the Servicom desk or office. They will direct you to the offices to take your documents to.
• Its possible to carry out capturing same day. If not you will be given a slip with a date to return
• Go along with originals of your documents to be on the safe side because they might ask to sight it.

For standard passport, the price is lesser for minors.
Costs 10,750 ( application charges plus address verification charges) plus service charges.
See second screenshot below for breakdown. You might want to zoom in

The Enhanced epassport cost the same both for minors and adults

The above prices are for 32 years 5 years passport.

As per international convention, minors are not allowed to get more than 5 years passport because of their rapidly changing physical features.

Get a DIY guide on how to apply and get the Nigeria International passport
Visit my profile by clicking on my name.

Hope this help.

Cheers!
Re: How To Process Nigeria International Passport For Your Child Under The Age Of 18 by Jendre: 6:18am On Sep 13, 2021
Please do minors require NIN to apply for passports?

(1) (Reply)

Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname / Can We Please Help Our Girls / My Husband Secretly Smokes....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.