Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,551 members, 7,770,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:33 AM

200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers (46289 Views)

Argentina Fan Strips Naked On Very Spot Where Diego Maradona Promised To Go Nude / Diego Maradona Before Argentina Game Vs After Argentina Game Yesterday(photos) / Photo Of Diego Maradona Crying After Argentina Lost 3-0 To Croatia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2020
Two hundred cops will guard the cemetery where Diego Maradona is buried to deter grave robbers.

Argentine officials fear fanatical fans will plunder his plot in a bid to collect ghoulish mementoes of the World Cup superstar.

The Ministry of Security said the strict measures would be in force for at least a week to “prevent any incident” at the Bella Vista cemetery on the outskirts of the capital Buenos Aires.

Maradona, whose Hand of God goal knocked England out of the 1986 World Cup, died last week aged 60.

He had a heart attack following an op on a brain blood clot. Last week, thousands lined up to see the national hero’s body lie in state.

'THE PEOPLE WORSHIPPED DIEGO'

Many more lined the route of the funeral cortege, and cops fought running battles with fans.

Officials now fear a repeat of 1987, when ghouls robbed the grave of former Argentina president Juan Peron. A source said: “The authorities do not want to take any chances.

“The people worshipped Diego in the same way they adored Peron and there are genuine fears there may be an attempt to break in and remove parts of the body.”

Meanwhile, The Sun can reveal that Maradona’s neurosurgeon Lorenzo Luque, being investigated for possible manslaughter over the death, was quizzed on a murder in 2011.

He spent two months in jail while an investigation was carried out after a ­neighbour was kicked to death but he was never charged.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13343026/cops-guard-diego-maradona-cemetery-deter-robbers/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by Righteousness89(m): 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2020
A Confused World will only do Confused things!
Only JESUS Christ open the Eyes of Understanding of the World and its Inhabitants and Heal its Folly.

Grave robbers or no Grave robbers Maradona has long gone to Eternity in Heaven or Hell based on who he Believed on Before he died.

Wake up Folks
There would be a Great Shaking soon,
JESUS is COMING
Let the World quit Chasing shadows!!

110 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2020
He will need more of such security in where he's going than here on earth where he matters no more .

Righteousness over to you

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by viyon02: 8:42pm On Dec 01, 2020
With hand of God: he cheated for his country, that is why his people love him, unlike devilish ocultic politicians we have here in Nigeria that have already sold the country to China through loans.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by IKBARUTEN11(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2020
Was he buried in south western naija?

I thought skull mining is strictly an a. Fonja deal

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by Mutemenot(m): 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2020
Reminds me of Ogun state kiss

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by espn(m): 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2020
Okay let's go...
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by XXXXTENTACION: 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2020
Mutemenot:
Reminds me of Ogun state kiss
what happened to Ogun state

2 Likes

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by GIANTPLUSHUB: 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
Mheen! The media keeps shocking us with shocking news. Seems We have moved pass the Era of Breaking news! Rip Legend!

8 Likes

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by Beverlyjean(f): 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
This guy is the greatest argentine of all time... I hope he is now seeing the " hand of God "

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by fdigital(m): 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
Grave robbers. seriously thought such barbaric act can only take place here in Africa? Who says
the oyibos are better than us?
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by igbowoman: 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
For how long,one week?
The grave robbers will simply wait for a week

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by travelwaka: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
The great legend. He left a great mark.

This will automatically become a tourist site, a memorial site in honor of the great legend. Many will come from far and wide just to see it.

It will serve as a remembrance for generations to come
The government will make money from sports tourism

This is the reason why I am a strong advocate of tourism in Nigeria. Tourism is the only thing that affects every aspect of the economy
From food to agriculture, transportation, hospitalism, etc. It touches everywhere. I just pray we wake up someday

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by aycapri(m): 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
Is the body gold?

1 Like

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by bolaayenimo: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
Thieves will target that hand of God

2 Likes

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by Sirmuel1(m): 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
This is crazy. People should stop this
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by KossyKiss97(f): 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hey
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2020
Draft me to such a duty post and see me tender my resignation from the police with immediate effect.

I didn't sign up to do such boring jobs when I entered the police academy.

It is that simple.

4 Likes

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by Wisejohnson47(m): 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by Yeeyo: 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2020
even in Brazil, problem every where.
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by allen113: 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2020
did they burial him with gold? undecided
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by kambili999(f): 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2020
I don't know if its just me that's very confused about this undecided
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by AMAUCHESKY(m): 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hope my wife
Will like this
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by money121(m): 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2020
Ok
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2020
Ibi gbogbo lo ti n ko adie ale, o ko po jura' lo ni

Na everywhere dem dey steal fowls for nights, na thiefing rates differ grin

1 Like

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by DropsMic(m): 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2020
Haba
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by IamFINESSE: 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2020
IKBARUTEN11:
Was he buried in south western naija?

I thought skull mining is strictly an a. Fonja deal

gringrin

4 Likes

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by DORS(m): 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
A Great deal of VANITY

He's dead as DEAD. He's long gone and the reality is his body is of no value. The question is what legacy did he leave behind and what was the state of his heart before his last breath. A man consists of his deeds and the state of his heart.
Immortalize the good lessons from his life while he was yet on earth (if any) and remobilize the police to protect the living citizens.
GROSS MISAPPROPRIATION!!!

1 Like

Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by Topmaike007(m): 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
what happened to Ogun state

skull miners
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
Will they be doing that forever sad
Re: 200 Police Officers To Guard Diego Maradona's Burial Site To Stop Grave Robbers by GeneralPula: 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch / Nigeria Vs Ghana WCQ Today: VAR Installed And Ghanaians Are Mocking Nigeria / Ronaldo Doesn't Have The Record, I Do - Gyan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.