Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:32 PM

Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. (37484 Views)

NPC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Shortlist And Pending Status Update 2023 / Nigerian Police Recruitment Shortlist Candidate 2019 / 2018 FRSC Recruitment Shortlist Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Dozis: 7:18am On Dec 02, 2020
angry
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by MajesticKris: 7:18am On Dec 02, 2020
When they are looking for people to recruit by fire by force...

I might even get to see my name, Not that I registered ohh.. bt because they are looking for more people to send to BkH
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by alabi484(m): 7:18am On Dec 02, 2020
It's hard to tell if it's pure network glitch or typical naija way
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Thanos5555: 7:18am On Dec 02, 2020
Welcome bro back home, you have spent much time overseas

2 Likes

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:18am On Dec 02, 2020
So u want to register urself for boko haram to slaughter

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Broken2020: 7:18am On Dec 02, 2020
E be like that e be for we country top
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Rosella25(f): 7:18am On Dec 02, 2020
Their names should even appear ten times if possible, Nigeria is not worth dying for
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by W3xy1(m): 7:18am On Dec 02, 2020
Those slots are reserved for those that will wire them 500k

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 02, 2020
Op u try good radiance
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 02, 2020
OP na JJC obviously

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by tawababiola: 7:19am On Dec 02, 2020
People still wsn die?
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by aaking(m): 7:20am On Dec 02, 2020
Haa, I don't think there is mistake. They want to replace those names with boku boys Nigeria army know what they're doing

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by federal9: 7:20am On Dec 02, 2020
Some people have the same surnames and middle names. All the people that commented on FP are just displaying illiteracy.
The codes differentiate them. When I was writing my waec examination, I knew many people with the same names and surnames, even middle names.

It is simple mathematics. Of all the applicants, there should be a probability that many would have a unique name. Out of 6 million applicants, 200 must have the same identity.

2 Likes

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by excel87: 7:20am On Dec 02, 2020
If you grew and school (primary or secondary school) up in the north, you will surely know that those names are different people and entity entirely not a repetition. Mind you, I'm Igbo so that you don't think I attached sentiment to it.

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by ibuildstuff(m): 7:20am On Dec 02, 2020
csnc:
The army recruitment list is out, as announced on this thread earlier ( https://www.nairaland.com/6289833/nigerian-army-80rri-list-shortlisted ).

I decided to check out names on the list out of curiosity. While going through some states, I saw some candidates names, appear more than 3 times on average. Now, one would think they might be different people. But in a case where someone's name (Surname-Firstname-Middlename being the same) appears 7-10 times. It's more than coincidence. The only difference in these cases are the application numbers (here I am guessing, candidates may have submitted multiple times due to network).

There was even a case where it was just application number and no name.
Well I am posting this to call the Attention of the Army Authorities and appealing to them, to rectify this if possible. If it's not possible at least the error should be noted, against subsequent recruitments.

I know at the end of the screening about a 100 people may be picked per state, but at least candidates shouldn't be denied at the first hurdle by no fault of theirs. As it is now, picking a candidate multiple times may short-change some states and by implication some candidates.

P.S. the list is available online for all to see. Before one person somewhere go talk say this na disclosure of sensitive information.

You can also check out the list too on the link below. Just pick a state and go through it.

https://ims.army.mil.ng/darrr/shortlisted

See some Screenshots below.
Are u new in this country, the military force is base on connection entirely. Some people name did not come out but their application number came out with another person's name.
The army don't even try to hide it, u can only join when u have the right connection, especially for commission officer.
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by BabbanBura(m): 7:20am On Dec 02, 2020
csnc:
The army recruitment list is out, as announced on this thread earlier ( https://www.nairaland.com/6289833/nigerian-army-80rri-list-shortlisted ).

I decided to check out names on the list out of curiosity. While going through some states, I saw some candidates names, appear more than 3 times on average. Now, one would think they might be different people. But in a case where someone's name (Surname-Firstname-Middlename being the same) appears 7-10 times. It's more than coincidence. The only difference in these cases are the application numbers (here I am guessing, candidates may have submitted multiple times due to network).

Well I am posting this to call the Attention of the Army Authorities and appealing to them, to rectify this if possible. If it's not possible at least the error should be noted, against subsequent recruitments.

I know at the end of the screening about a 100 people may be picked per state, but at least candidates shouldn't be denied at the first hurdle by no fault of theirs. As it is now, picking a candidate multiple times may short-change some states and by implication some candidates.

P.S. the list is available online for all to see. Before one person somewhere go talk say this na disclosure of sensitive information.

You can also check out the list too on the link below. Just pick a state and go through it.

It may deliberate to shortchange certain people, analyse the data using excel to see if you can establish a trend
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Satguru: 7:22am On Dec 02, 2020
This is the very reason I have no pity when soldiers are slaughtered or captured by BH. Haven understood the political game in SABISA, means of justifying security votes. Battle that the government can end in just one week if they are sincere. You now buy the form to serve a SHITHOLE Country, so that when BH boys capture you, Nigerians should help type RIP for u, watch many Nigerians have stopped typing RIP for Soldiers slaughtered by BH.

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by olabosipo66559: 7:24am On Dec 02, 2020
Op u try good radiance
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Mayng01(m): 7:24am On Dec 02, 2020
csnc:

It’s not a mistake, they do it in purpose, this is Nigeria, anything goes. Those names will be replaced by the candidates of their choice
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by walozanga(m): 7:24am On Dec 02, 2020
1Alex:
Those are deliberate spaces to be filled up later when something exchanges hand.

YOU ARE 100% RIGHT
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by ibuildstuff(m): 7:24am On Dec 02, 2020
excel87:
If you grew and school (primary or secondary school) up in the north, you will surely know that those names are different people and entity entirely not a repetition. Mind you, I'm Igbo so that you don't think I attached sentiment to it.
What about the Yoruba name appearing 7 times?
Some candidate that apply were complaining how their name was not shortlisted but their application number was shortlisted with a different name.
U still dey form jjc for Nigeria matter.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by jericco1(m): 7:24am On Dec 02, 2020
Dey there make pants dey wear you.
Nigeria don move forward undecided
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by walozanga(m): 7:25am On Dec 02, 2020
W3xy1:
Those slots are reserved for those that will wire them 500k

Exactly
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Edyice: 7:25am On Dec 02, 2020
Apart from that empty space

WHAT I noticed are:

I see same name like 10x

Some name like 7x

Same name like 5x

And this are just Two pages grin

This country eeeh

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Jack005(m): 7:27am On Dec 02, 2020
People still apply for this trash? Death sentence calling.

1 Like

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by entaye(m): 7:27am On Dec 02, 2020
This isn't the first time such has happened. I've applied for Navy n Army 3 times each but my name still didn't appear. What I noticed out of curiosity was both list ( 1st n last list names) don't tally at all. The people who wrote the exams don't appear on the shortlisted n final list.

You can check it urself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by retji: 7:28am On Dec 02, 2020
We are not surprised oo, na all of them de there so what do you expect? cool[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 02, 2020
Someone spelt his name as Horpeyemi
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by Sunnyja: 7:28am On Dec 02, 2020
Lamasta:
The authorities in charge should look into it and correct the anomalies for justice and fairness to all...
Justice and fairness is on annual leave in Nigeria.
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by LastProphet: 7:31am On Dec 02, 2020
BigBelleControl:
This looks suspicious as most names appear multiple times with different application numbers. It's probably an error because I don't see them deliberately making this public knowing fully well it's will cause uproar.

Hausa people bear the name of their hometown eg shehu shagari as shagari is a town in sokoto state. So getting name duplicates is a normal thing up there. And also don't forget that if you have 200m people then this will become more common
Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by coolsegun2002: 7:32am On Dec 02, 2020
Faceville:
E bi like say this guy just enter naija. Welcome bro grin grin

He came in through Qatar airways yesterday evening .....the guy doesn’t know how things works in Nigeria......

He’s even calling attention

Re: Army Recruitment Shortlist: What I Noticed. by authority2006(m): 7:33am On Dec 02, 2020
Forzap:
what you looking for in that useless institution

Without them, I'm not sure if you would be making this comment from comfort of your home or work place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Togolese Are Taking Away Our Jobs By Azuka Onwuka / Prisons Recruitment: NPS Speaks On List Of Successful Candidates / I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.