Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,271 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy (24115 Views)

PDP Crisis: BOT Member, ABC Nwosu Resigns / Peter Obi’s Stinginess Is Legendary – Chris Uba (Throwback) / I’ll Quit Politics If PDP Fails To Capture Anambra In 2021- Prof ABC Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by od501: 8:41am On Dec 02, 2020
LikeAking:
Never ever forget say dem be barawo.

Empty campaign promises.

Make him the gov of his state,he will end up disgracing his generation like our current president "Buhari".

Oga...Peter obi has been two term governor of anambra state, and during these periods, he dared anybody to come say one (not two) campaign promise he made and didn't fulfil. He is not like every other Nigerian politician.

11 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Reference(m): 8:44am On Dec 02, 2020
Said it continuously before 2015 when he stood as running mate and as if I knew what economic tragedies were coming to Nigeria. For our economy he is the right person for the job.

But with such deep, fundamental problems besetting Nigeria which always throws up bad leadership choices, it be wishful thinking to imagine it will ever happen.

Sentiment will stand firmly against him. I don't think Nigerians have suffered enough to be cleansed and rid of sentiment.

3 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Afamdman(m): 8:52am On Dec 02, 2020
Let peter obi, leave pdp and join another party (not APC) and see us all line up, behind him. He is looking like a good candidate.

2 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Vainglory: 9:00am On Dec 02, 2020
Campaigning or not, the day Nigerians wake up to realise that they need someone like Peter Obi as president irrespective of tribe or religion is the day they have gone back onto the track of progress.

7 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by g4gerald: 9:02am On Dec 02, 2020
Mouth Gig:
HIM TU LIE, MR CHINA angry angry angry

STINGY THIEF
Wat did he steal from u? That word 'theif' shud never be used for Mr Peter Obi, so stop disgracing urself

6 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Sagefromtheeast: 9:06am On Dec 02, 2020
Peter Obi is the man.
I was in Anambra then.

2 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by ZooOga: 9:09am On Dec 02, 2020
>Professor ABC Nwosu was a political adviser to former President Olusegun Obasanjo

I wonder if he was part of the (alleged) looter gang during that era?
Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by RuddyFusion(m): 9:23am On Dec 02, 2020
Esseite:

- Was Wike able to get Sars Fakorede out of Rivers in 2018?
- Was Amaechi able to get commissioner Mba out in 2015?
The two cases here are different. In Anambra at the time they have a state funded security team which SARS was incorporated into just like you have OP Mesa or RSS in Lagos.....so Obi could have found out what was going on and get that guy out

When human right people were able to influence his posting out of Anambra didn't Obiano influence him back to the state?
Security is not under the control of Governors in Nigeria but they have some level of influence and access to channels to make things happen.

1 Like

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by LikeAking: 9:25am On Dec 02, 2020
od501:

Oga...Peter obi has been two term governor of anambra state, and during these periods, he dared anybody to come say one (not two) campaign promise he made and didn't fulfill. He is not like every other Nigerian politician.

How dev is Ananmbra state today despite all his efforts?

We need to know the truth bf we praise these thieves.

Governance has gone beyond, I paid teachers, I constructed roads and brides, gave scholarship, etc. Even the most corrupt of Nig politicians pull all those stunts.

The fact that ANAMBRA is still an under developed state till this very day, Is all the evidence we need to judge Peter Obi as an incompetent governor during his tenure.

Nigeria is cursed.
Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Edudevine82: 9:31am On Dec 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
[/s]
Someone that bought State shares IN HIS FAMILY NAME right?

Can you prove it sir?

1 Like

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Edudevine82: 9:34am On Dec 02, 2020
tamdun:
Same Obi that diverted state money to his company?

Name any of those companies. If not shame on u sir,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Edudevine82: 9:38am On Dec 02, 2020
LikeAking:

Governance has gone beyond, I paid teachers, I constructed roads and brides, gave scholarship, etc. Even the most corrupt of Nig politicians pull all those stunts.

Do you know the state at which Anambra state was when he came in and how it was when he left. I guess u don't know so keep quite and learn.
The fact that ANAMBRA is still an under developed state till this very day, Is all the evidence we need to judge Peter Obi as an incompetent governor during his tenure.

Nigeria is cursed.

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by od501: 9:41am On Dec 02, 2020
LikeAking:

Nigeria is cursed.

Before I proceed further, I need to as you, are you from anambra? How Long have you lived in anambra? For the records though, I have lived in the state for 29 years, so I know anambra before and after Peter. If I say that that dude is the best governor anambra has ever had, believe me for it

5 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by jaxxy(m): 9:43am On Dec 02, 2020
Who’s tolo tolo??
Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Reference(m): 10:01am On Dec 02, 2020
LikeAking:

Nigeria is cursed.

No one is seeking someone like Mr. Peter Obi to develop Nigeria. Nigeria simply cannot be developed with the present way it is constituted, ie. the way it is structured. What he brings to government are specific skills in attacking the perennial virus of rampaging government financial recklessness that has made organising society near impossible and absolutely discourages the citizenry from contributing more to the state purse by way of productivity and taxation.

He is someone who walked the talk in Anambra. If elected he will know that is the basis of his ascension and will be galvanised to do same at the Federal level. The extent to which he will succeed once more depends on the overwhelming influence of the nation's structure but one thing for sure. It will be case of taste and see that the policy of government prudence can indeed work and this alone will unlock great opportunities for internal revenue generation through taxes and galvanised productivity.

Right now productivity is at an all time low due to inflation, savings are nonexistent due to the exchange rate and the average Nigerian swears at taxation when he sees what government does with its treasury. We need to reverse that scenario fast to get out of this rut.

The good thing about his austerity specialty is that it doesn't require prolonged application. Just a year or two will produce the necessary psychological results and the thawing of the economy. That is the extent to which the present political class is grossly mismanaging.

4 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:37am On Dec 02, 2020
DesChyko:
..and he meant it in a good and contrasting way.

Peter Obi is the kind of leader that when you present budget for the new year, he will tell you
"You have done very well. But the projects in the budget you presented last year hasn't been completed up to 50% yet. I went round and I saw them myself. And since I also saw many of the same projects in this budget, you can continue using the funds released last year to continue it. I managed to get estimates for the work you have done and I know how much is left. You will hear from me."

Peter Obi! What a rare politician!!

3 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by tamdun: 10:46am On Dec 02, 2020
Edudevine82:

Name any of those companies. If not shame on u sir,
Hunmm

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2020
Esseite:
If i am Yoruba or Hausa, I would ask myself, why does Peter Obi control so much clout in the SE despite not known to be a cheerful giver in an area with less regard for Kingship.

Your politicians are only afraid of Peter Obi because they have no other means of living except politics, and Peter Obi would never pay you for doing nothing, besides you cannot inflate contract with him, he knows the actual prices and your stipulated profit margin of 20%..

Lolz! Bro you are too hard on them. Some people will not like this because Igbo man name is involved.

But Nigerians don't like someone like Peter Obi, they prefer the likes of Bihari.

3 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Emeraldgreene(f): 11:17am On Dec 02, 2020
[Sentiments is not even allowed even if it's ur blood or relationship.what is required is someone who will deliver,someone* who is qualified for the duties!quoteor=DonHummer post=96641810]Peter obi is one person that will put this country back on the path of progress but Nigerians will rather vote someone with no viable experience and knowledge on how to run the country just because he is from my place/tribe/ religion, as if that will spare you from difficulties when things get bad. As a country man, you are one billion times likely to benefit from government policies from a good leader than just the mere fact that he is from my place. sentiments is allowed in voting if a particular politician is directly related to you by blood/relationship. if this is not the case, do the right thing.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Bkayyy: 11:32am On Dec 02, 2020
LikeAking:

Nigeria is cursed.

Did this guy say Anambra is under developed?
Guy don't let hate turn you to laughing stock. Peter Obi is the almighty Anambra that you know today. The guy stocked a lot of money for Obiano to loot and build stupid things including the airport to the extent that Obiano brags that he doesn't need loans to complete projects.
Honestly, I won't like Peter Obi to rule Nigeria. You lots don't deserve him. You people deserve to suffer more

6 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by jude79(m): 11:50am On Dec 02, 2020
Esseite:
If i am Yoruba or Hausa, I would ask myself, why does Peter Obi control so much clout in the SE despite not known to be a cheerful giver in an area with less regard for Kingship.

Your politicians are only afraid of Peter Obi because they have no other means of living except politics, and Peter Obi would never pay you for doing nothing, besides you cannot inflate contract with him, he knows the actual prices and your stipulated profit margin of 20%..

Gbam, Peter obi can't be cheated by even the legendary Chinese, he's the kind of leader that will frugally cut down on government expenditures and sanitize the overbloated contract awarding system in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by LikeAking: 11:58am On Dec 02, 2020
Bkayyy:

Did this guy say Anambra is under developed?
Guy don't let hate turn you to laughing stock. Peter Obi is the almighty Anambra that you know today. The guy stocked a lot of money for Obiano to loot and build stupid things including the airport to the extent that Obiano brags that he doesn't need loans to complete projects.
Honestly, I won't like Peter Obi to rule Nigeria. You lots don't deserve him. You people deserve to suffer more

Which state in west Africa is developed?

Is Nigeria even developed?

Stop hyping this thieves.

The holier they claim the faker they are.

P O was an inefficient governor, just like evry other Naija gov.

You know the truth.

What ever feat he achieved as a governor is too shallow to atract real growth and dev in in his state.
Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by jude79(m): 11:59am On Dec 02, 2020
Peter obi/ zulum
Frugal management/ security management.
Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by LikeAking: 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
jude79:

Gbam, Peter obi can't be cheated by even the legendary Chinese, he's the kind of leader that will frugally cut down on government expenditures and sanitize the overbloated contract awarding system in Nigeria.

P O is an empty man.

Kindly mention his achievement.

Even Fayose. Amechi, Tinibu did d same things as gov.

P O HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING SPECIAL AS GOV.

Is there even 10 hours constant electricity supply all over Awka, Nwewi, osha and co?

Did you know its very easy for any state govt to solve the power problem of their state?

He didnt do any thing serious.

Dem b barawo.

Their generation is cursed.
Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by LikeAking: 12:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
od501:

Oga...Peter obi has been two term governor of anambra state, and during these periods, he dared anybody to come say one (not two) campaign promise he made and didn't fulfil. He is not like every other Nigerian politician.

I laff i Chineses.

We have set very low standards for our Nigerian policticians. What ever nonsense they do, we appreciate.

Kindly compare Anambra with any state in the Arab world. Forget say those guys get oil, they have high standards has regards dev. Its has been in their DNA right from the days of Babylon.
Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by lozanni(m): 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2020
doggedfighter:
So true but messed it up by handing over to Willie. Now the state is at a standstill.

Peter Obi did a good job in Anambra state, but I felt he should have mentored people who served with him during his eight years as Governor and whom he knew were in agreement with his Political philosophy. If he had done this, it would have been easy for him to pick a worthy successor to himself, who would have continued his laudable programs, rather than bringing in an outsider he did not really know too well, politically.
The above method, I believe was adopted by Tinubu, in Lagos State, when he brought in a worthy successor in the person of Fashola who continued from where Tinubu stopped in the governance of the state.

3 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by lozanni(m): 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
LikeAking:

P O is an empty man.

Kindly mention his achievement.

Even Fayose. Amechi, Tinibu did d same things as gov.

P O HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING SPECIAL AS GOV.

Is there even 10 hours constant electricity supply all over Awka, Nwewi, osha and co?

Did you know its very easy for any state govt to solve the power problem of their state?

He didnt do any thing serious.

Dem b barawo.

Their generation is cursed.

Governance is a vast continum in the lives of people.
When Peter Obi became Governor, the state's infrastructure were badly dilapidated, so he had to focus so much on this side of governance because you can not attract investments to any state with poor or non existent infrastructures.
Peter Obi also cut down on the cost of governance and transfered the savings to education and industrialization of the state.
I remember in an interview PO granted once, he said he left behind a lot of savings for the state with the hope that his successor will continue from where he stopped by providing other infrastructure like power, economic diversification and attraction of both local and foreign investors to the state.
The only place I will fault him is that he did not groom a worthy successor who shared similar economic and political ideals with himself, so that the successor would have continued from where he stopped.

2 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by jacoik(m): 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2020
DesChyko:
..and he meant it in a good and contrasting way.

Peter Obi is the kind of leader that when you present budget for the new year, he will tell you
"You have done very well. But the projects in the budget you presented last year hasn't been completed up to 50% yet. I went round and I saw them myself. And since I also saw many of the same projects in this budget, you can continue using the funds released last year to continue it. I managed to get estimates for the work you have done and I know how much is left. You will hear from me."
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear down bro. can we still have that kind of leader again?

2 Likes

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by Cherez: 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
[/s]
Source?
Which of the state shares so I'll clear your doubt?
Guy, Obi understands what it means to invest. He bought shares for Anambra State at AB InBev & other businesses
Bros you don't know Obi well

1 Like

Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by g0tze: 1:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
[s]
ThatFairGuy1:

[/s]
Mumu. So you knew about this vital information which will be useful to the Efcc yet you hid it from them?
Re: ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy by g0tze: 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2020
[s]
tamdun:
Same Obi that diverted state money to his company?
[/s]
Another Mumu spotted. Instead of spewing this information on this forum, why don't you head to the nearest Efcc office and present this vital piece of evidence to them. I heard they reward whistle blowers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Community, Rob Filling Station, Businesses / Mimiko's Pregnancy Disappeared From My Womb After 5 Months - Mother / Appeal Court Okays APC's Direct Primary, Strikes Out Restraining Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.