Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Most Sold Phones In 2020 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Most Sold Phones In 2020 (2354 Views)

High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria / 20+ Cheapest Android Phones in Nigeria Under 30k, 40k, 50k, 60k and 70k Naira / Top 5 Cheapest Small Phones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Cozbymaster97(m): 1:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
Here are top ten most sold smartphones of 2020:
10. Iphone 11 pro
9. Xiaomi Redmi 8
cool Xiaomi Redmi 8A. ...
7) iPhone 11 Pro Max. ...
6) Apple iPhone XR. ...
5) Apple iPhone SE. ...
4) Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro. ...
3) Xiaomi Redmi Note 8. ...
2) Samsung Galaxy A51. ...
1) Apple iPhone 11. Apple sold over 37.7 million iPhone 11 in the first half of 2020, as per the report.

https://www.livemint.com/technology/tech-news/apple-has-5-iphones-out-of-10-most-sold-smartphones-of-2020-11599112428917.html
Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Nairalandwizerd(m): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2020
Cozbymaster97:
10. Iphone 11 pro
9. Xiaomi Redmi 8
6) Apple iPhone XR. ...
5) Apple iPhone SE. ...
1) Apple iPhone 11. Apple sold over 37.7 million iPhone 11 in the first half of 2020, as per the report.
why are you looking for trouble?

3 Likes

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Cozbymaster97(m): 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2020
Nairalandwizerd:
why are you looking for trouble?
Some people in one thread like that are saying Apple is making crappy phones that their phones are overrated and only meant for luxury.
But every year in and out apple phones always top chats for most sold despite it being so expensive.
Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Jacku: 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
Cozbymaster97:
10. Iphone 11 pro
9. Xiaomi Redmi 8
6) Apple iPhone XR. ...
5) Apple iPhone SE. ...
what informed this? Any source?
Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Cozbymaster97(m): 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2020
Jacku:
what informed this? Any source?
Search google its the first thing u will see

1 Like

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2020
Cozbymaster97:

Some people in one thread like that are saying Apple is making crappy phones that their phones are overrated and only meant for luxury.
But every year in and out apple phones always top chats for most sold despite it being so expensive.
Not this year, apple is feeling the heat of competition

1 Like

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Cozbymaster97(m): 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Not this year, apple is feeling the heat of competition
Please use google to educate yourself.
Iphone 11 is the most soled after iphone 4s ever

1 Like

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by cristy149: 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2020
where's tecno and infinix undecided

2 Likes

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by rastaLivity: 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2020
cristy149:
where's tecno and infinix undecided
top of Alaba chart grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Cozbymaster97:
10. Iphone 11 pro
9. Xiaomi Redmi 8
6) Apple iPhone XR. ...
5) Apple iPhone SE. ...

https://www.livemint.com/technology/tech-news/apple-has-5-iphones-out-of-10-most-sold-smartphones-of-2020-11599112428917.html

Please how’s this information useful to me ?

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 03, 2020
Cozbymaster97:

Please use google to educate yourself.
Iphone 11 is the most soled after iphone 4s ever
Lol, what are you saying, I know the iPhone 11 is the most sold phone doesn't mean they're not affected, apple has always sold the highest number of phones, but they're maket share dropped this year by 4 percent after the release of the new 12 models
They know themselves, that's why they've changed over the years, they even reduced the price of their phone and also made a mini phone for more sales
Before, Apple don't even behave like they have competitors, they just release phone and make announcement, they don't even post on they social media page, I remember years back, they never had any post on their Twitter page, today, theyre now creating videos, mocking other phones to attract customer.
Apple knows they won't hold their position for a long period of time, all their trying to do now is to get everyone on their subscription based platforms like iTunes and the others, that's why they created bundled subscription, they also plan not to even sell phone in the future, people just have to pay monthly subscription to upgrade their phone.
If you use their iPhone 12, you'll see they've now allowed people to start customizing their phone, before, why? people are moving away from iPhone be use their os doesn't allow customization, these are few of the changes they've made over the years among many others

They're indeed feeling the heat of competition

2 Likes

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by emae009(m): 9:06am On Dec 03, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

Lol, what are you saying, I know the iPhone 11 is the most sold phone doesn't mean they're not affected, apple has always sold the highest number of phones, but they're maket share dropped this year by 4 percent after the release of the new 12 models
They know themselves, that's why they've changed over the years, they even reduced the price of their phone and also made a mini phone for more sales
Before, Apple don't even behave like they have competitors, they just release phone and make announcement, they don't even post on they social media page, I remember years back, they never had any post on their Twitter page, today, theyre now creating videos, mocking other phones to attract customer.
Apple knows they won't hold their position for a long period of time, all their trying to do now is to get everyone on their subscription based platforms like iTunes and the others, that's why they created bundled subscription, they also plan not to even sell phone in the future, people just have to pay monthly subscription to upgrade their phone.
If you use their iPhone 12, you'll see they've now allowed people to start customizing their phone, before, why? people are moving away from iPhone be use their os doesn't allow customization, these are few of the changes they've made over the years among many others

I was going to scroll pass your comment but then I assume a lot of people will start to believe your misconception about Apple.
1) Market Share: You have no idea about the stock market. What'll you say about Telsa or any other public traded company. You can't have gains all year long on the market, they have to be retraction at some point. Apple got pass the $2 trillion point so it was normal for their stock to drop.
2) Price: The first $1000 base price phone was an apple phone. With the pandemic and economic downturn it'll be irresponsible to ask people to part with more money for a commodity such as a phone. Why did Samsung release the S20FE or why is the Note20Ultra the supposed best of Android not making that much sales?
3) Phone size: The highest phone size for the iPhone was about 6.4" which was the iphone 11 pro Max, iPhone doesn't make large phones so you saying iPhone made a mini because of sales is laughable.
4) Subscription: Subscription? really? For a company that made media consumption on mobile devices mainstream, I don't even know what to say to your comment about that. The Ipod made the Walkman obsolete, iTunes was a subscription base platform long before even Google Music existed. ITunes is no more which goes to show how much you don't even know about Apple. The bundled subscription is a genius idea.
5) Customization: Again, you have no idea about IPhones. It's not the IPhone 12 that allows customization it's about the IOS 14. which can even be installed on iPhone 7. That's a 2016 phone. Name one android phone from 2016 that can install the Android 11?

If you didn't know about Apple, you should have just make research and educate yourself. Saying that people are leaving iPhone because of customization is just sad for me to read in 2020. If you were to ask 100 people at random to show you their phone, the only customization majority of them will do is to change the background of their phone. If customization was that important, why are all the Android OEMs trying to make their custom skin very similar to stock android?
Apple don't make midrange or entry level phones if they did, even Samsung wouldn't be #1 on marketshares.

3 Likes

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by khingTony(m): 9:10am On Dec 03, 2020
emae009:

5) Customization: Again, you have no idea about IPhones. It's not the IPhone 12 that allows customization it's about the IOS 14. which can't even be installed on iPhone 7. That's a 2017 phone. Name one android phone from 2017 that can install the Android 11?

The iOS 14 can be installed in the iPhone 6S which is a 2015 phone, and the iPhone 7 is a 2016 phone

Peace smiley

1 Like

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by emae009(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2020
khingTony:

The iOS 14 can be installed in the iPhone 6S which is a 2015 phone, and the iPhone 7 is a 2016 phone

Peace smiley

You're right. Thanks
Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by seanwilliam(m): 11:55am On Dec 03, 2020
emae009:

I was going to scroll pass your comment but then I assume a lot of people will start to believe your misconception about Apple.
1) Market Share: You have no idea about the stock market. What'll you say about Telsa or any other public traded company. You can't have gains all year long on the market, they have to be retraction at some point. Apple got pass the $2 trillion point so it was normal for their stock to drop.
2) Price: The first $1000 base price phone was an apple phone. With the pandemic and economic downturn it'll be irresponsible to ask people to part with more money for a commodity such as a phone. Why did Samsung release the S20FE or why is the Note20Ultra the supposed best of Android not making that much sales?
3) Phone size: The highest phone size for the iPhone was about 6.4" which was the iphone 11 pro Max, iPhone doesn't make large phones so you saying iPhone made a mini because of sales is laughable.
4) Subscription: Subscription? really? For a company that made media consumption on mobile devices mainstream, I don't even know what to say to your comment about that. The Ipod made the Walkman obsolete, iTunes was a subscription base platform long before even Google Music existed. ITunes is no more which goes to show how much you don't even know about Apple. The bundled subscription is a genius idea.
5) Customization: Again, you have no idea about IPhones. It's not the IPhone 12 that allows customization it's about the IOS 14. which can even be installed on iPhone 7. That's a 2016 phone. Name one android phone from 2016 that can install the Android 11?

If you didn't know about Apple, you should have just make research and educate yourself. Saying that people are leaving iPhone because of customization is just sad for me to read in 2020. If you were to ask 100 people at random to show you their phone, the only customization majority of them will do is to change the background of their phone. If customization was that important, why are all the Android OEMs trying to make their custom skin very similar to stock android?
Apple don't make midrange or entry level phones if they did, even Samsung wouldn't be #1 on marketshares.
baba u dont need to say much...
All ur points are on point

I've come to realize that MOST people that bad mouth apple are those who cant afford it... I was once like that...

Btw, iOS 14 Issa goal

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by seanwilliam(m): 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2020
Cozbymaster97:
10. Iphone 11 pro
9. Xiaomi Redmi 8
6) Apple iPhone XR. ...
5) Apple iPhone SE. ...

If not for display , I for love that iPhone 11 red... but I can't use any phone wey no be amoled display again ever...
Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Cozbymaster97(m): 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
Sunmoluvic:

You said it all bro..
Nice piece
Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Promotions: 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
Can't believe Samsung A51 made it to that list..note even the "note" or "s" series..
Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by rastaLivity: 9:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
seanwilliam:
baba u dont need to say much...
All ur points are on point

I've come to realize that MOST people that bad mouth apple are those who cant afford it... I was once like that...

Btw, iOS 14 Issa goal
it gets better cool

Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by micxwell(m): 10:08am On Dec 27, 2020
Cozbymaster97:

Funny, I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and I plan on getting one of Apple's crappy phones after it grin.
Crappy phones indeed....
Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by Rareoil(m): 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
emae009:

1. Apples market share is reducing, hence the need to release more iPhones. Hitting $2T doesn't matter.

3. iphone mini was made for sales and that is a fact.

5. The customization on iOS 14 are no where near that in Android 11.

'If customization was that important, why are all the Android OEMs trying to make their custom skin very similar to stock android?'

This is a lie, android OEMs are making their phones different from stock Android,to preserve the uniqueness of their phones.

Samsung = oneUI
Xiaomi = miui and many more.
Re: Most Sold Phones In 2020 by YangaBabe: 10:46am On Dec 30, 2020
lol, this report is funny, as far as Africa is concerned i dont think any brand will sell more than TECNO Infinix and itel o.

(1) (Reply)

Help Tecno Is Taking Better Pics Than My Iphone 11 Pro / Which Phone Has The Longest Battery Life / Techno T9 Browsing Configuration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.