Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,341 members, 7,839,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

You Can’t Defeat Jonathan, Aliyu Tells Buhari, Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Defeat Jonathan, Aliyu Tells Buhari, Ribadu (484 Views)

Nigerian Army Can’t Defeat Boko Haram Alone – UK High Commissioner / Musa Ayeni: I Will Defeat Jonathan And Buhari- APA Presidential Candidate / Military Force Alone Can’t Defeat Boko Haram, Others – Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can’t Defeat Jonathan, Aliyu Tells Buhari, Ribadu by gernded(m): 11:15pm On Mar 22, 2011
You can’t defeat Jonathan, Aliyu tells Buhari, Ribadu

Niger State Governor, Dr Muazu Babangida Aliyu, has said that the presidential candidates of the Congress for Progressive Change(CPC) and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) and Mallam Nuhu Ribadu respectively, cannot win the race against President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the April elections, asking the duo to bury their ambition.

Aliyu said this at the 2011 Ogun State Awards for Excellence and induction into the Hall of Fame, on Saturday, held at the Valley View Auditorium, Government House, Abeokuta.

The chairman, Northern Governors Forum, who was the chairman at the ceremony, added that the re-election of Jonathan would preserve the country’s unity and send the right message to its citizens.

Aliyu urged Nigerians to embrace peace that would promote national unity and jettison religious bigotry, ethnicity in the coming elections.

While commenting on the happenings in the state, Aliyu noted that Governor Daniel despite opposition still had the confidence of the majority of the people in the state.

He said, “I gravitated towards OGD because we share certain things in common – how to manage elders. And because he has started it earlier than me, I gravitated towards him to learn. When we have former heads of state, former generals (in a state), you need to learn in a special way. Where I appear to be succeeding, my teacher appears to be faltering but like I said, it’s a learning process too for teachers.

“Believe me OGD, if you had not won the confidence of your people, with what is going on, you would not have been driving on the streets of Abeokuta.”
Re: You Can’t Defeat Jonathan, Aliyu Tells Buhari, Ribadu by leonaidas(m): 11:55pm On Mar 22, 2011
That is not for him(aliyu) to decide.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Unacceptable / Head Or Tail, Jonathan Wins! / Two Killed In Bauchi Political Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.