Stats: 3,159,361 members, 7,839,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Lawless Buhari Defies Police Order, Holds Rally In Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawless Buhari Defies Police Order, Holds Rally In Jos (553 Views)

Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra / Mbu’s Order To Policemen To Kill Barbaric, Lawless – APC (2) (3) (4)

Lawless Buhari Defies Police Order, Holds Rally In Jos by gernded(m): 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2011
THE presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Mohammadu Buhari (retd), on Monday, defies police order to shift his rally in Jos, Plateau State, till another date on security ground, while his supporters harassed and molested innocent people and paralysed commercial activities in the town.

The state police command had, on Sunday, advised the party and its presidential candidate to put off its campaign slated for Monday in Jos, on the premise that the campaign of the state PDP gubernatorial candidate, Governor Jonah Jang, was scheduled for the same day, while the latter had sought permission before the former.

As early as 9:30 a.m on Monday, supporters of the presidential candidate, majority of who were on motorcycles, had filed out in their large number to the venue of the rally at Polo Ground, brandishing weapons such as cutlasses, iron bar, among others to scare people off the road.

This act of the supporters caused pandemonium within the state capital, especially around terminus, polo round about, Masalasi Jumat area and Goodluck Jonathan Way, forcing people living in the areas and shop owners, including banks, to hurriedly close for the day.

It was learnt that combined team of the police and the military Special Task Force had a hectic time controlling the supporters, while some group of youths within the city mobilised and confronted them, leading to fracas.

The presidential candidate stormed the state capital at about 1:30 p.m and proceeded to the Government House on a visit to Governor Jang, where he told the governor the purpose of his visit.

In his response, Governor Jang, who said the former head of state and himself were former coup plotters, said both of them had embraced democracy and were doing everything possible to champion the cause of democracy in the country.

The governor said for democracy to succeed in Nigeria, the political elite must play the game according to its rules, while he charged political leaders in the country to educate their supporters on the need to play the game in a decent way.

At the end of the visit, the governor, Buhari and his running mate, the state director of the State Security Service (SSS), the police and the commander of the Military Special Task Force held a meeting behind closed door at the Government House.
Re: Lawless Buhari Defies Police Order, Holds Rally In Jos by Genbuhari3: 12:20am On Mar 23, 2011
yes!

and so? we have freedom of association in this country. Have you ever had police telling americans not to gather for rallies?

Continue with the intimidation, we will crush all form of intimidation

It is sign of things to come. PDP, Police, rig in April and you die!

it is that simple
Re: Lawless Buhari Defies Police Order, Holds Rally In Jos by gernded(m): 12:30am On Mar 23, 2011
FREEDOM ASSOCIATION WITHOUT POLICE APPROVAL?

UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY?

HE JUST WANT TO HEAT UP JOS WITH HIS ETHNICITY AND RELIGIOUS CAMPAIGN

ABEG MAKE BUHARI GO SIT DOWN FOR GUTTER.
Re: Lawless Buhari Defies Police Order, Holds Rally In Jos by Genbuhari3: 12:36am On Mar 23, 2011
Yes, I am listening.

When did it become the right of the police to determine where i associate with people? it does not happen in a democracy.

why was Jos shutdown by security agencies for Jonathan when he campaigned there? he has two heads.

You will not end up in a gutter, keep screaming and see yourself under the rail track of the Buhari Bakare Train, totally crushed. Because of people like you, we are awake in the midnight to crush your propaganda on the internet.
Re: Lawless Buhari Defies Police Order, Holds Rally In Jos by Beaf: 12:47am On Mar 23, 2011
Genbuhari3:

Yes, I am listening.

When did it become the right of the police to determine where i associate with people? it does not happen in a democracy.

why was Jos shutdown by security agencies for Jonathan when he campaigned there? he has two heads.

You will not end up in a gutter, keep screaming and see yourself under the rail track of the Buhari Bakare Train, totally crushed. Because of people like you, we are awake in the midnight to crush your propaganda on the internet.

Jos is a very sensitive place. One would expect a presidential candidate to have some common sense and carry an aura of responsibility.

Dude, you are beginning to sound similar to a religious extremist. No sense in what you are saying, but you scream it anyway and your words are packed with premevial violent connotations.
If Buhari had heeded the call to stay away for the sake of security, 6 people wouldn't have had their lives cut short.

Instead of Buhari staying away, he turned up with his usual retinue of thugs and stone throwers. These miscreants proceeded to stab and beat people up, leading to the riot situation in which 6 died. Buhari has added to the death toll in Jos. You call that freedom of association?
Re: Lawless Buhari Defies Police Order, Holds Rally In Jos by gernded(m): 12:51am On Mar 23, 2011
MY PEOPLE SAID THAT HE WHO RESPECT THE CROWN MEN SHALL ALSO BE CROWN , SO YOU DON'T RESPECT FOR JONATHAN BECAUSE HE IS NOT AN EX-MILITARY MAN ? HE WORTH  IT IF TRULY  JOS IS SHORT DOWN BECAUSE OF HIM, THE PREVAILING SECURITY SITUATION IN THE COUNTRY OPPOSITION HAS CREATED IS SO ALARMING AND THEY ARE THE ONCE TO SUFFER IT,SO THE LIFE OF NIGERIAN PRESIDENT MUST BE PROTECTED NOT BECAUSE HE HAS TWO HEAD BUT TO GIVE THAT SIT YOU ARE THE OPPOSITION HAS REDUCED TO PUBLIC DISCUSS.

ANYWAY WE JUST DEY YAN RUBBISH I MEAN ME AND U BECAUSE THE WINNER IS ALREADY KNOWN IN THE PERSON OF GEJ, OK TELL ME HOW BUHARI WILL WIN WITH NO VOTE FROM SOUTH SOUTH AND SOUTH EAST, PLEASE ANSWER THIS SIMPLE QUESTION.

I WOULD HAVE LOVE TO MEET WITH YOU ON A POLITICAL ISSUE BUT I AM STILL BUSY IN GOLD COAST.

Politicians Are Not Bad, They Are Only Aggressive In Revenue Drive / Liberation Day / Ibori Extradited To Uk