Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Standard Chartered Bank Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Standard Chartered Bank Interview (7990 Views)

Zenith Bank Interview 2016 / Diamond Bank Interview / Zenith Bank Interview Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Standard Chartered Bank Interview by doncnn(m): 10:22am On Jun 29, 2007
LAST YR NOVEMBER,ON THURSDAY WHEN I WAS IN PORT-HARCOURT, I WAS INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW BY STANDARD CHARTERED BANK IN LAGOS THE FOLLOWING DAY BY 3PM, I INFORMED THEM[A LADY] DAT I WAS IN PH AND THE LADY SAID SHE WOULD GET BACK TO ME, I WAITED BUT NOTHING HAPPENED. THEN THE FOLLOWING DAY I CALLED THE BANK AND WAS REFERED TO THE HR DEPT, THE GUY SPOKE TO TOLD COLLECTED MY NAME AND 40N NO, PROMISING TO INFORM D LADY, IN JANUARY DIS YEAR I WENT TO THEIR HR OFFICE AT VI, BUT THE LADY THERE REFUSED ME SEEING ANYBODY, INSTEAD SHE TOLD ME SINCE I SAID I WAS FAR AWAY DAT MAYBE THEY CALLED THOSE WHO WERE CLOSE BY, DAT IF THERE IS NEED THEY WOULD CALL ME, I WAS DISCOURAGED AND NEVER MADE ANY ATTEMPT AGAIN, BUT JUST DECIDED TO INFORM THE HOUSE, PERHAPS THE COULD BE A SOLUTION SOMEHOW.

THANKS

DonCNN
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Interview by kaybe(m): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2007
You can call the HR and speak with Ebele.
Best of Luck
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Interview by doncnn(m): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2007
kayb,
thanks alot. pls what's d number to call, i ve lost d one i had before after i lost my 4on.

doncnn
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Interview by chidi4life: 8:22pm On Jun 29, 2007
Doncnn,
i wish u the best in ur efforts to recover ur 'lost mandate'.It's a pity that after going thru that rigorous employment process u missed just like that,i hope the HR people will understand how far u come to get to that stage.

Anyway,i also applied and i've passed the talent assessment,i'll be taking the numerical reasoning test by tomorrow so i'd like to know from the house the kind of questions to expect.thanks to you all .
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Interview by fsquared: 8:40am On Jun 30, 2007
Hey chidi4life, congrats on moving on to the numerical assessment stage!I havent done standard chartered's online assessment tests but im hoping to secure an ideal time and location when i wont have any disturbances in the next few days.

As per Numerical reasoning, i've done something similar for another company's test and so what you should be expecting is graph data interpretation.They give you graphs and ask you to use values on the graph to calculate stuff like increase, decrease, % of a data field doing something or not doing something. At times you'll have to decode some information from the graphs before you can now use the info you extracted to calculate what they want and sometimes the values are already on the graph and you just have to trace corresponding values on the x axis or y axis or find the difference between two values on the same axis. It can come in a nuber pof ways but once you get used to the syste and style its actually ok.

Some are harder than others but they're basically still not so bad. It all depends on the age group, proffession, the skills required for the relevant job position and similar variables. In this case, im guessing it shouldnt be too hard cos they're testing such a wide variety of people and will focus more on specific generic skills.Brush up on your long division, multiplication, basic math stuff and you'll need to pay attention so you dont make silly mistakes as the ans options always contain the ans to silly mistakes people make.

Just go online www.shl.com, you'll get the opportunity to do some practise questions and also a prototype test for some of their new questions they're trying to test out(Im not sure if the latter option is still available cos i did mine online about 4 months back) and they'll send the results to your email box. You'll also find the Master Job Aptitude test book, Volume1, 2007 useful. Though it has a lot of other stuff you might not need and it says GMAT in front its still quite good for a number of other type assessments and has quite a few shl type questions under 'graphical and data analysis' (not numerical reasoning oh)

Note that in the book the graphs are all lumped together and the questions come after so sometimes it can be a bit annoying trying to locate which question should go to which graph so take some time out to determine that by numbering the graphs and marking the alloted graph number to the questions you know should be under each respective graph. Practise casually at first and then time yourself. Try to work it without a calculator cos sometimes calculators slow u down. that way, a calculator is an added advantage at the end of the day and u can use the calculator to cross check ans if u arent totally convinced. Finally it wont be like that (ie totally disorderly) in the online test, smiley the respective questions will be under the relevant graphs and they'll even give you practise questions before starting so you'll have an idea as to how staright forward or otherwise the questions will be.

Hope this proves useful. cheesy Finally, would like to have an idea what to expect on the talent assesment. what type of questions and what type of "talents/strengths" do you think they're looking for?!! Anything you think might be useful will be gladly appreciated. cool

Thanks
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Interview by kaybe(m): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2007
you can call this numbers 01-2707154
Re: Standard Chartered Bank Interview by Ignition(m): 10:53am On Jul 07, 2007
How could you pass up such an opportunity , with the excess of labour hat lies in this country and the limited number of vacancies and positions espesially for beginners (fresh graduates). You shouldn't be pated on the back atall,na you fall your own hand, OUCH. cry

(1) (Reply)

Zte Nigeria Ltd. Is Giving Free Training In Telecom / Is This Genuine? / Fresh Vacancy In Globacom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.