Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Gambling Is Not A Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gambling Is Not A Sin (2730 Views)

So My Curiosity Lead Me Into Asking Chatgpt AI If Gambling Is A Sin. (photo) / Paying Titles From The Money Earned From Gambling,is It Right??? / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 9:35am On Dec 03, 2020
Gambling?
take risky action in the hope of a desired result.
I'm so shocked that here is Africa most religious people always advice that gambling is a sin. pls prove me wrong with any quote in the Bible that says taking risk is a sin?
my people suffer for lack of knowledge
do you know that footballers are tools of gambling for the billionaire in dollars
they pay this talented and gifted ballers money in other to make bigger money by betting with their billoniars associates.
pls and pls gambling is not a sin as long as the gambler did not steal the money meant for the game. Gambling is a game of luck.
same way having a degree in Nigeria is a game of Luck.lol.
stay bless
a word is enough for the wise.
written by Attamah Chijioke David
servant of God

2 Likes

Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 9:41am On Dec 03, 2020
[s]
youngchopper:
Gambling?
take risky action in the hope of a desired result.
I'm so shocked that here is Africa most religious people always advice that gambling is a sin. pls prove me wrong with any quote in the Bible that says taking risk is a sin?
my people suffer for lack of knowledge
do you know that footballers are tools of gambling for the billionaire in dollars
they pay this talented and gifted ballers money in other to make bigger money by betting with their billoniars associates.
pls and pls gambling is not a sin as long as the gambler did not steal the money meant for the game. Gambling is a game of luck.
same way having a degree in Nigeria is a game of Luck.lol.
stay bless
servant of God
[/s] Fools like you keep looking for verses to justify lust and wickedness

Take it or leave it, anything that does not glorify God(aka Jesus) in the life of person is sin. Examples are smoking masturbation, paedophilia...etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 9:44am On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] Fools like you keep looking for verses to justify lust

Take it or leave it, anything that does not glorify God(aka Jesus) in the life of person is sin. Examples are smoking masturbation, paedophilia...etc
thank you for the name calling.
I pray wisdom will be added to you.
pls kindly answer this quetions
does playing football glorify God?
when you are set for a journey with your own car
you are taking a risk by entrusting your life on a car. that's gambling with your life!
pls don't insult anybody insult is a sign that you lack the right words to convince me.
stay bless

6 Likes

Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 9:46am On Dec 03, 2020
youngchopper:

The question can be answered if you will finds answers to Smoking, Masturbation, Paedophilia...etc. Do that, and you have your answer
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Organsmuggler(f): 9:48am On Dec 03, 2020
grin

Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 9:49am On Dec 03, 2020
youngchopper:

when you are set for a journey with your own car
you are taking a risk by entrusting your life on a car. that's gambling with your life!
pls don't insult anybody insult is a sign that you lack the right words to convince me.
stay bless
Trying to convince a wicked person is like trying to tell the devil to repent. Which is impossible. I have told you your answer. The rest is left to you to decide
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 9:50am On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] Fools like you keep looking for verses to justify lust and wickedness

Read with understanding
We pretend so much in Africa tufiakwa.
only in Africa that a false preacher will condem the hard work of God just to please is fake holy holy lifestyle
who told you that marijuana beer etc are sins?
my Bible tells me in Proverbs 25:16
consume all things created by God in moderation.
what ever that exist today here on Earth is the plan of God and it's consumption should be on moderation.
my advice what ever you consume and your body fights back should be avoided for your own good.
if you consume anything and your body system doesn't fight back pls continue enjoying and taking pleasure on it. it's your body and not my body .
another man's food is another man's poisen.
for the record and to keep away the over Sabi Sabi religious people away from my post.
what is sin?
sin means disobedience.
when you disobey by consuming something overdoes, the consequences will be onto your health and body and it can't take away the Good will of God in your life.
the problem is that God won't be proud of you and you won't inherit the kingdom of God if you don't ask for forgiveness because God won't like to accommodate a dissobieent child in his house. accept Jesus today and watch how beautiful your life will become.
servant of God

1 Like

Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 9:58am On Dec 03, 2020
[s]
youngchopper:

Read with understanding
We pretend so much in Africa tufiakwa.
only in Africa that a false preacher will condem the hard work of God just to please is fake holy holy lifestyle
who told you that marijuana beer etc are sins?
my Bible tells me in Proverbs 25:16
consume all things created by God in moderation.
what ever that exist today here on Earth is the plan of God and it's consumption should be on moderation.
my advice what ever you consume and your body fights back should be avoided for your own good.
if you consume anything and your body system doesn't fight back pls continue enjoying and taking pleasure on it. it's your body and not my body .
another man's food is another man's poisen.
for the record and to keep away the over Sabi Sabi religious people away from my post.
what is sin?
sin means disobedience.
when you disobey by consuming something overdoes, the consequences will be onto your health and body and it can't take away the Good will of God in your life.
the problem is that God won't be proud of you and you won't inherit the kingdom of God if you don't ask for forgiveness because God won't like to accommodate a dissobieent child in his house. accept Jesus today and watch how beautiful your life will become.
servant of God
[/s] False doctrine for the justification of wickedness.

Please sin is not disobedience; it is a violation of God's laws or will (Kindly consult your dictionary for a proper definiton ).

Secondly what differentiates us(christians) from others outside if not our way of conduct :Glorify God in Body and Spirit
12 (A)All things are lawful for me, but all things are not [a]helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of [b]any. 13 (B)Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for (C)sexual immorality but (D)for the Lord, (E)and the Lord for the body. 14 And (F)God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up (G)by His power.

15 Do you not know that (H)your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For (I)“the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” 17 (J)But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

If your conscience is not pricked by this, then you are beyond redemption.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 10:07am On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
The question can be answered if you will finds answers to Smoking, Masturbation, Paedophilia...etc. Do that, and you have your answer
who told you smoking is a sin? which of your Bible quotation told u smoking is a sin.
give me a Bible quote and I will answer you all your questions
back to masturbation
Bible did not tell me to masturbate
man decide to take pleasure in masturbation instead of having sex. do you know that there is no side effect of having sex to your faithful wife?
but there are health challenges to masturbation
God has given us the freewill and if u choose to masturbate (unholy act)
you will pay for the consequences (health implications )
the word of God is to teach us how to stop what ever that damage our body..
sir my advice to you if you want to grow is to ask questions instead of insulting people.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 10:11am On Dec 03, 2020
youngchopper:

who told you smoking is a sin? which of your Bible quotation told u smoking is a sin.
give me a Bible quote and I will answer you all your questions
back to masturbation
Bible did not tell me to masturbate
man decide to take pleasure in masturbation instead of having sex. do you know that there is no side effect of having sex to your faithful wife?
but there are health challenges to masturbation
God has given us the freewill and if u choose to masturbate (unholy act)
you will pay for the consequences (health implications )
the word of God is to teach us how to stop what ever that damage our body..
sir my advice to you if you want to grow is to ask questions instead of insulting people.
So smoking, masturbation, paedophilia are not sins abi...? Wallahi you dey high on narcotics. kwatinue to delude yourself with your ungodly lifestyle.

I thank God say salvation na personal race.

1 Like

Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 10:14am On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] False doctrine for the justification of wickedness.

Please sin is not disobedience; it is a violation of God's laws or will (Kindly consult your dictionary for a proper definiton ). all this your definition is true and all falls under disobedient .

Secondly what differentiates us(christians) from others outside if not our way of conduct :Glorify God in Body and Spirit
where did I mention that you should not glorify God with your body
12 (A)All things are lawful for me, but all things are not [a]helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
13 (B)Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for (C)sexual immorality but (D)for the Lord, (E)and the Lord for the body. 14 And (F)God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up (G)by His power.
sorry which law are you quoting here cuz am lost
15 Do you not know that (H)your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For (I)“the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” 17 (J)But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
[b]sorry but you are quoting something else I did not encourage u to be sleeping with harlout
pls make me understand your point

If your conscience is not pricked by this, then you are beyond redemption.
at the end let heaven be prasie am doing the work of God
stop living in bondage
Christ is light and life and your mentality of who God is . is very wrong.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
So smoking, masturbation, paedophilia are not sins abi...? Wallahi you dey high on narcotics. kwatinue to delude yourself with your ungodly lifestyle.

I thank God say salvation na personal race.
pls learn to read before you conclude
all the answers to your questions and doubt are all in this post.
stop living in bondage
Jesus is Lord avoid all that is sin
including how you go about insulting people just
to make a point
let me break it down to your level of understanding
most of the things u people call sin is not sin
masturbation is a sin. it doesn't glorify God because your body is the temple of the holy spirit
how does masturbation affect your health
the health implications is much that is why God in his wisdom doesn't want you to masturbate
for the sex pls I didn't tell u to have sex with your galfriend I said sex with your wife
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 10:28am On Dec 03, 2020
people who live in cold countries smoke because it helps them to be warm from the inside.
you in Africa Nigeria have no reason to smoke because your weather is always hot.
medically because smoking kills the lungs faster they find a way of injecting you marijuana into your body system so as to get the benefits of why God planted the herb called marijuana
I pray for wisdom for u.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 10:28am On Dec 03, 2020
youngchopper:

at the end let heaven be prasie am doing the work of God
stop living in bondage
Christ is light and life and your mentality of who God is . is very wrong.
The bible says narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and few find it (Matthew 7:14). The "narrow" way does not permit sin and any kind of ungodly practice (Smoking, Masturbaton, Sodomy...etc).

So my brother Christianity is a kind of bondage...it is bondage to God's law. Which you can either choose to follow or choose to abandon. The choice is yours

Peace

1 Like

Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 10:32am On Dec 03, 2020
youngchopper:
people who live in cold countries smoke because it helps them to be warm from the inside.
you in Africa Nigeria have no reason to smoke because your weather is always hot.
medically because smoking kills the lungs faster they find a way of injecting you marijuana into your body system so as to get the benefits of why God planted the herb called marijuana
I pray for wisdom for u.
It has now turned to wisdom...abi? Hahaha...which of the wisdom are you referring me to : is it the Godly wisdom or earthly wisdom of carnal men? See, you are truly confused. I have lived in Russia(one of the coldest countries in the world) for more than 4 years now and yet, i know many among them who have never gone near a stick of cigarrete! So what are you saying...why are you trying so vainly to justify what the bible indirectly condemns...? undecided

1 Like

Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
The bible says narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and few find it (Matthew 7:14). The "narrow" way does not permit sin and any kind of ungodly practice (Smoking, Masturbaton, Sodomy...etc).

So my brother Christianity is a kind of bondage...it is bondage to God's law. Which you can either choose to follow or choose to abandon. The choice is yours

Peace
who ever that taught u that the way to Christ is a bondage is wicked and a moderer .
Even God himself will laugh @ your post .
Why did Jesus come to die for your sin?
give me an answer and I will credit you 3k
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 10:44am On Dec 03, 2020
youngchopper:

who ever that taught u that the way to Christ is a bondage is wicked and a moderer .
Even God himself will laugh @ your post .
Why did Jesus come to die for your sin?
give me an answer and I will credit you 3k
Bros, no vex o, but Jesus came to save us from a predestined judgment written by God Himself. See Roman 6:23 to get a clearer picture of this.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
It has now turned to wisdom...abi? Hahaha...which of the wisdom are you referring me to : is it the Godly wisdom or earthly wisdom of carnal men? See, you are truly confused. I have lived in Russia(one of the coldest countries in the world) for more than 4 years now and yet, i know many among them who have never gone near a stick of cigarrete! So what are you saying...why are you trying so vainly to justify what the bible indirectly condemns...? undecided
all wisdom comes from God it's a gift
that not all man is privilege to have
wisdom comes by hearing and doing the things of God when you do all these and it pleases God he will decide to add wisdom to you if he pleases
you said smoking is a sin and I want you to give me a quote in your own Bible that justifies smoking
we are all sinners and you can't claim to love God if you are not a heareer and dooer of the word of God.
when you hear and listen to the deep meaning of the word of God you will understand .
if you go out to win souls for God and you start condeming people's lifestyle as sin pls try to equip your self with Bible verses to back up your claims . do u know that if you don't preach with the help of the holy Spirit and u go and tell someday that somkes that smoking is a sin
you might get killed if your family is lucky they might find your deadbody and if they are not your body might disappeae
lol pls when ever you want to defend God
ask for the holy Spirit to help and guide you.

1 Like

Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 10:53am On Dec 03, 2020
youngchopper:

all wisdom comes from God it's a gift
that not all man is privilege to have
wisdom comes by hearing and doing the things of God when you do all these and it pleases God he will decide to add wisdom to you if he pleases
you said smoking is a sin and I want you to give me a quote in your own Bible that justifies smoking
we are all sinners and you can't claim to love God if you are not a heareer and dooer of the word of God.
when you hear and listen to the deep meaning of the word of God you will understand .
if you go out to win souls for God and you start condeming people's lifestyle as sin pls try to equip your self with Bible verses to back up your claims . do u know that if you don't preach with the help of the holy Spirit and u go and tell someday that somkes that smoking is a sin
you might get killed if your family is lucky they might find your deadbody and if they are not your body might disappeae
lol pls when ever you want to defend God
ask for the holy Spirit to help and guide you.
Bros, the bible is a summary of the mind and heart of God and to look for what is sin or not sin in it will be futile which is why Jesus expressly said to the apostles, " I will send the Comforter (Holy Spirit) who will teach you all things "(14:26). This statment "all things... " means guidance into what Jesus could not do while He was on earth due to His misson.

When you have the Comforter (Holy Spirit), you will know immediately what is sin and not sin. Your conscience will be pricked and if you check scripture for understanding(with the aid of the Holy Spirit there) you will see it
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by OnyeOhuu: 10:55am On Dec 03, 2020
Okay
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 10:57am On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:

Smoking, Masturbaton, Sodomy...etc

the Bible said in the book of revelation 22:18-19
don't add and don't remove.sir pls who told you that smoking a d masturbation will lead somebidy into hellfire?
funny enough you don't even know what you are preaching
do u know that all these things you are blaabing bout doesn't stop God's blessing upon anyone's life do u know that your president buhari smokes and even masturbate and that did not stop him from being the president of your country (Christianity country)?
yes smoking is bad to the body Health wise same as masturbation pls tell people to stop commiting sin for their own good
no be who they healthy go serve God.?

your own kind of Christianity is a bondage
mine is not a bondage
I drink beer to moderation I also smoke marijuana still on moderation and all this won't lead me to hell fire.
deautronomy 14:26
stay bless and may God help you from the bondage of religion

Peace
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 11:01am On Dec 03, 2020
[quote author=youngchopper post=96686278][/quote] Ritualist kill, murder and prosper financially so what is the reason behind their success ? The answer is simple : they are operating on a spiritual law. A law laid by God whether you believe in Him or not. So all your excuses in this post are lame and wicked
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 11:05am On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
Ritualist kill, murder and prosper financially so what is the reason? Simple : they are operating on a spiritual law. A law laid by God whether you believe in Him or not. So all your excuses in this post are lame and wicked

funny enough the Bible siad it that all sins are equall in the eyes of God
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 11:08am On Dec 03, 2020
youngchopper:

funny enough the Bible siad it that all sins are equall in the eyes of God
Equal as how? Do you know there are sins leading to death and sins not leading to death? Answer me
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 11:11am On Dec 03, 2020
I love the fact that you love the things of God and I'm happy to an extent that you have done well but you lack the word of God in you.
I'm not a Pegan I'm a true child of God who believes that Jesus came for my own liberation
pls anyday you see my articles about the way people misunderstand the things of God .
know it that I'm only try to make man see why Jesus came to librate us from bondage
the devil is fighting tooth and nail to make sure that we see the way to Christ as a bondage
and I won't be alive and close my mouth and fingers by allowing children of God to wallow in illitracy of the word of God
for every plan of God for man is of Good and not of evil. stay bless brother and if you want to know more bout Christ locate a Christ living church and fellowing with them so you won't misunderstand God.
when ever they preach something u don't understand try and meet the preacher after church service for further clarifications
thanks alot for your time
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2020
[quote author=Jashub post=96686658] Equal as how? Do you know there are sins leading to death and sins not leading to death? Answer me [/quote
that's the consequences of the sin. man look at the penalty of sin why God looks at it from a different angle
God's own angle is to make man come closer to him
King David is the man after God heart
because he kept on asking for forgiveness constantly
God loves you more when u sin and come for genuine repentance
but u must pay the price for your sins
you can't eat your cake and have it back
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
Organsmuggler:
grin
God with his lovely nature told u to stop doing drugs and to stop masturbation
and u have the guts to call him a lier!
what for?
how God take offend u wey u they insult am?
if u like do drugs if u like masturbate u dey damage your body system
na person wey like u go always they advice u
if u don't like God advice over sin
respect and keep your lack of wisdom to your self
when u smoke weed beyond normal and go mad u people will still call on God chai.
when u masturbate and becomes addicted and your dick can't stand without drugs u keep calling on God for help. chia
God done do wrong to they correct him own creation ? I pity u if you think my post is to mock God.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
Bros, the bible is a summary of the mind and heart of God and to look for what is sin or not sin in it will be futile which is why Jesus expressly said to the apostles, " I will send the Comforter (Holy Spirit) who will teach you all things "(14:26). This statment "all things... " means guidance into what Jesus could not do while He was on earth due to His misson.

When you have the Comforter (Holy Spirit), you will know immediately what is sin and not sin. Your conscience will be pricked and if you check scripture for understanding(with the aid of the Holy Spirit there) you will see it
the maker of heaven and Earth will bless you with wisdom to understand how to preach for people not just to preach but to win souls for God.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 1:58pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
Bros, no vex o, but Jesus came to save us from a predestined judgment written by God Himself. See Roman 6:23 to get a clearer picture of this.
the wages of sin is death
and spiritual death that will hinder you from inheriting the kingdom of God
even if you leave a rightous life here on Earth you must die. death is the gate way to everlasting life.
death is more of good to bad
the only reason why people will only listen to your preaching of Christ is because of the promise of inheritance of the kingdom
that why when u want to preach about repentance u should focus on the ertenal life aspect.
brotherly gambling is been thought by half baked pastors as sin but they forget life itself is a gamble
the word gamble is not a sin and anyone who indulge in the business of Gambling won't go to hell fire as long he did not steal your money to gamble

Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Organsmuggler(f): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
youngchopper:

God with his lovely nature told u to stop doing drugs and to stop masturbation
and u have the guts to call him a lier!
what for?
how God take offend u wey u they insult am?
if u like do drugs if u like masturbate u dey damage your body system
na person wey like u go always they advice u
if u don't like God advice over sin
respect and keep your lack of wisdom to your self
when u smoke weed beyond normal and go mad u people will still call on God chai.
when u masturbate and becomes addicted and your dick can't stand without drugs u keep calling on God for help. chia
God done do wrong to they correct him own creation ? I pity u if you think my post is to mock God.
I'm an atheist, keep your religious gibberish to yourself
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
youngchopper:

the wages of sin is death
and spiritual death that will hinder you from inheriting the kingdom of God
even if you leave a rightous life here on Earth you must die. death is the gate way to everlasting life.
death is more of good to bad
the only reason why people will only listen to your preaching of Christ is because of the promise of inheritance of the kingdom
that why when u want to preach about repentance u should focus on the ertenal life aspect.
brotherly gambling is been thought by half baked pastors as sin but they forget life itself is a gamble
the word gamble is not a sin and anyone who indulge in the business of Gambling won't go to hell fire as long he did not steal your money to gamble
Gambling is a sin. Just ask the Holy Spirit about this and hear His reply

Peace grin
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] Fools like you keep looking for verses to justify lust and wickedness

Actually, the OP is correct, in a sense. The one who defines what sin is is God and God alone, not man or your so-called pastors. And since God never listed gambling as a sin, any man to attempts to add it as a sin goes against God by attempting to add to God's own commandments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience With The Book Of Mormon / The World Would Be A Better Place Without Muslims? / Anglicans, Let's Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.