Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,769 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Gambling Is Not A Sin - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gambling Is Not A Sin (2737 Views)

So My Curiosity Lead Me Into Asking Chatgpt AI If Gambling Is A Sin. (photo) / Paying Titles From The Money Earned From Gambling,is It Right??? / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2020
[s]
Kobojunkie:
Actually, the OP is correct. The one who defines what sin is is God and God alone, not man or your so-called pastors. And since God never listed gambling as a sin, no man has the authority to declare it sin.
[/s] I thank God that salvation is personal. So if you like, gamble...it is your business. But give us a fair chance to escape by letting the bible speak for itself.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
Organsmuggler:
I'm an atheist, keep your religious gibberish to yourself
lol
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] I thank God that salvation is personal. So if you like, gamble...it is your business. But give us a fair chance to escape by letting the bible speak for itself.
which state u dey right now
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
Gambling is a sin. Just ask the Holy Spirit about this and hear His reply

Peace grin
when u enter a public transport
are u not gambling with your life? . putting all your trust in someone else's arm?
pls use your dictionary and define what gambling means .funny enough u are just being religious for your personal reasons
bro u are far from being rightoues
stop living a pretentious life face the reality and pray for wisdom
taa! who do u this thing na
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2020
taa! are we this dumb and stupid in Nigeria that we lack using our gaddamn brain to think
do u know that applying for visa to russai is gambling? a game of luck if it works good if it fails no problem.
if you cont with this stupid aguement I will stop responding to you cus the Bible said you are stupid in the book of proverbs chapter 1:7
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
if you claim to love God how many souls have you preached to this week?
how many article have you writen here on nairaland to praise God?
how much have you given to the needy?
how many sacrifices have you made in the life of people
if u can't answer any of this question u better shut your mouth and stop this stupid pretense as if you love God
what nonsense provide your number and I will make sure that people who have given their lives to Christ through me will call u with proof of my work for God in their lives
how can you make noise as if u know shit about God u expose Soo much ignorance of the word of God and u keep displaying it in a public forum . pls trade with coutious
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] I thank God that salvation is personal. So if you like, gamble...it is your business. But give us a fair chance to escape by letting the bible speak for itself.
Salvation has absolutely nothing to do with this. God's Covenants are not defined differently for individuals so you don't get to cook up your own sin medley to sell as God's Covenant.

The New Covenant that Jesus Christ spoke and taught to us all from 2000 years ago is still the same Covenant that holds even to this day and is the everlasting Covenant that exists between God and man. Gambling is not listed as a sin according to that Covenant either. So, if you assume it your place to go around proclaiming sin that which God did not count as sin, suggesting you do so in the name of God(on behalf of God) know that God is against you there, and that is according to His commandment that you should not add or remove from His commandments.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Kobojunkiee: 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
So smoking, masturbation, paedophilia are not sins abi...? Wallahi you dey high on narcotics. kwatinue to delude yourself with your ungodly lifestyle.

I thank God say salvation na personal race.
Actually, Smoking is not listed as a sin in either the Old and the New Covenants. As for Masturbation, and Pedophilia, you do not have to be a rocket scientist to understand that since both condemn lust, both those are also condemned. undecided
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Kobojunkiee: 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
Gambling is a sin. Just ask the Holy Spirit about this and hear His reply

Peace grin
The Spirit of God will never go against the Word of God! You need to make certain that the Spirit you are dealing with there is even of God, to begin with. undecided
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Kobojunkiee: 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
[s][/s] False doctrine for the justification of wickedness.
Please sin is not disobedience; it is a violation of God's laws or will (Kindly consult your dictionary for a proper definiton ).
So, can you post the exact verse, either in the Old Or New Covenant, where God states that Gambling is a sin? undecided
Jashub:
Secondly what differentiates us(christians) from others outside if not our way of conduct :Glorify God in Body and Spirit
12 (A)All things are lawful for me, but all things are not [a]helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of [b]any. 13 (B)Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for (C)sexual immorality but (D)for the Lord, (E)and the Lord for the body. 14 And (F)God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up (G)by His power.
Our Conduct differentiates us from others?
According to Jesus Christ, it is not our behaviour that matters but who we live for. If we live for God, then we obey the commandments, as stipulated by God Himself (His Truth), following after the leading of the Spirit of God (His Spirit) - that is what it means to serve God in Truth and in Spirit.
So, if God does not stipulate Gambling as a sin, yet you go around telling people that it is, are you doing so in the obedience to God's Truth? NO
Are you following after the Spirit of God in your disobedience of God's commandment, never to add to His commandments? NO
Jashub:
15 Do you not know that (H)your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For (I)“the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” 17 (J)But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
If your conscience is not pricked by this, then you are beyond redemption.
Your body is useless to God if you do not obey His commandments and follow the leading of His Spirit in your obedience. That is why Hell is prepared for those who believe in God(they are saved) but refuse to obey the commandments of Jesus Christ.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Kobojunkiee: 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jashub:
The bible says narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and few find it (Matthew 7:14). The "narrow" way does not permit sin and any kind of ungodly practice (Smoking, Masturbaton, Sodomy...etc).
So my brother Christianity is a kind of bondage...it is bondage to God's law. Which you can either choose to follow or choose to abandon. The choice is yours
Peace
The part in bold you got right but unfortunately, even you have little respect for God's law, it seems. God never told you that smoking is a sin but you have in your mind found a way to inject it as one, pretending you do so on behalf of God Almighty. Don't you see that what you do amounts to calling God a fool -- you believe He was foolish for not including smoking as a sin so you feel you have to do it on His behalf, isn't that so? undecided
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by chukwunweikeemi(m): 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
it is a sin to desire to make money without working.Gambling is mostly fuelled by greed. That portion of the bible that says "the fool and his money are soon parted",I believe God put it there for gamblers.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
The part in bold you got right but unfortunately, even you have little respect for God's law, it seems. God never told you that smoking is a sin but you have in your mind found a way to inject it as one, pretending you do so on behalf of God Almighty. Don't you see that what you do amounts to calling God a fool -- you believe He was foolish for not including smoking as a sin so you feel you have to do it on His behalf, isn't that so? undecided
Hey donkey, I was not referring to you. And besides, you are not a christian...you are just another gay satanist filled with thrash as usual.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Kobojunkiee: 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
it is a sin to desire to make money without working.
Where is this sin of yours listed? undecided
chukwunweikeemi:
Gambling is fuelled by greed. That portion of the bible that says "the fool and his money are soon parted",I believe God put it there for gamblers.
How is gambling fueled by greed? undecided
The following verse is from the same book of Proverbs that you got your assertion about fools and money from.

Proverbs 16 vs 33 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
33. People might throw lots to make a decision, but the answer always comes from the Lord.

God Himself decides the end result of all lots that are cast.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Jashub: 9:13pm On Dec 03, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
it is a sin to desire to make money without working.Gambling is mostly fuelled by greed. That portion of the bible that says "the fool and his money are soon parted",I believe God put it there for gamblers.
True talk brother. Abeg leave that guy...he is more depraved than Bobrisky
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by chukwunweikeemi(m): 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
The bible encourages work,infact it even says "there is dignity in labour" and that God will bless the work of our hands.Now can gambling be presented as the work of one's hands? Gambling encourages laziness and it is fuelled mostly by greed and love for money.
"The fool and his money are soon parted."
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Kobojunkiee: 9:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
The bible encourages work,infact it even says "there is dignity in labour" and that God will bless the work of our hands.Now can gambling be presented as the work of one's hands? Gambling encourages laziness and it is fuelled mostly by greed and love for money.
"The fool and his money are soon parted."
Notice how you keep inserting your own meaning into the many verses you keep pulling from the same book without in fact showing where it is indeed listed as a sin? undecided
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by chukwunweikeemi(m): 10:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
Who will soon part with his money?
Answer:The fool (A gambler,............)
they indeed part with their money because I see our streets littered with loosing tickets.I see young men who don't want to earn a living because they think they can win in 2hours what people earn in one month.I see kids sitting at home and not going to school because dad gambled away their school fees.I see whole fanily starving because mum gambled away the money meant for cooking,etc,etc.. Since gamblers can rightly fit into the above bible verse and God calls them fools,then it means that gambling does not please God and so we can say with all boldness that "Gambling is a sin"
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by Kobojunkiee: 1:28am On Dec 04, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
they indeed part with their money because I see our streets littered with loosing tickets.I see young men who don't want to earn a living because they think they can win in 2hours what people earn in one month.I see kids sitting at home and not going to school because dad gambled away their school fees.I see whole fanily starving because mum gambled away the money meant for cooking,etc,etc.. Since gamblers can rightly fit into the above bible verse and God calls them fools,then it means that gambling does not please God and so we can say with all boldness that "Gambling is a sin"
If you are trying to find where it might have been declared a sin by God Himself, then you need to look in the Old Covenant(Law of Moses) which consists of 613 commandments in total and is found in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
The New Covenant can be found in the Gospels and the law is contained in the details of Jesus Christ's own words, up until He announced on the cross that it is finished. Those are the two places in the Bible to look for the definition of sin.

The book of proverbs does not contain God's laws on sins but instead the supposedly wise opinions of men, many of which, if you are honest with yourself, are lacking. For example, the proverb that says something like "Money is the root of all evil" makes no sense if you really consider the meaning of it. But, it was recorded by those who compiled the book of proverbs as a word of wisdom.

Now, when you insert your own meaning into words to make them say what you want them to, then you only reveal you are either playing with a half deck of cards or simply think too highly of yourself there. I suggest you stop thinking that the book is meant for you to "tinker" with as you like and start honestly searching it for truth as it is written in there.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 6:51am On Dec 04, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
you went to school because of greed too
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by SIRRITE: 7:21am On Dec 04, 2020
Those guys parading themselves as holy people cos they dont drink alcohol, smoke's,takes hard drugs, they are actually hypocrite, now u said u dont take smoke but do u know u consumes them in one ways or the others unknownly to u, but all body relief drugs contain codine and hards drugs, even the drugs too and some foods contains alcohol.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by chukwunweikeemi(m): 7:31am On Dec 04, 2020
1. Point of correction,the bible doesn't say that "Money is the root of all evil" rather it says "THE LOVE of money is the root of all evil"
2. The bible is the word of God and not the opinions of men.
The bible tells us that ""
all scripture was given by God and is profit
able for reproof,correction..............."
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 7:39am On Dec 04, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
how is this things you listed here becomes a sin to God for crying out loud.
why are you so religious for Christ sake
the same you don't even obey the 10 commandment but is quick to tell me what is sin and not what is sin
give me a Bible quote that says GAMBLInG is a sin and win your self 5k in naira
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by chukwunweikeemi(m): 8:04am On Dec 04, 2020
it is a sin because God calls them fools.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 8:17am On Dec 04, 2020
chukwunweikeemi:
it is a sin because God calls them fools.
do you know that taking risk in life is gambling
when u decide to get a degree instead of learning a trade do u know is gambling with your destiny
are you also a fool?
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 8:19am On Dec 04, 2020
with the level of your thinking now I see the wisdom why God decided to come inform of a white man. black man is always dumb
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2020
black man is always brain damage you always wait for a white man to think with his own brain b4 your Brian's get activated
do you know everything bout life is gambling
check your dictionary and see the definition of gambling
when we talk bout gamble all you think is a group of bad boys smoking weed in an uncompleted building and playing card with their own money abi?
may God help black race amen
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by enilove(m): 8:47am On Dec 04, 2020
youngchopper:
black man is always brain damage you always wait for a white man to think with his own brain b4 your Brian's get activated
do you know everything bout life is gambling
check your dictionary and see the definition of gambling
when we talk bout gamble all you think is a group of bad boys smoking weed in an uncompleted building and playing card with their own money abi?
may God help black race amen

You are wrong .

Life without God is gambling.

A gambler is a witch because he does not depend on God to direct him.

That is why gambling is a SIN.

THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS TO DIRECT OUR LIVES RIGHTLY SO AS TO AVOID UNNECESSARY MISTAKES.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 8:55am On Dec 04, 2020
enilove:

You are wrong .

THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS TO DIRECT OUR LIVES RIGHTLY SO AS TO AVOID UNNECESSARY MISTAKES.

have you ever traveled in a public or private vehicle before? if yes did you travel with God in that vehicle ? if yes why are so many Christian's dieing in car accident ? if no and you get to your destination savely is called gambling with your life and you are a witch for taking such risk.
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by enilove(m): 8:56am On Dec 04, 2020
youngchopper:
with the level of your thinking now I see the wisdom why God decided to come inform of a white man. black man is always dumb

Who created the black man without wisdom ?

What you call wisdom is not wisdom .

The whites are wise but can't see anything wrong with homosexuality , beastility and most of them believe there is no God.

A wise man is one that thinks about heaven:
Proverbs 15:24 KJV
The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

The ways of life of these white people are not different from those of Sodom and Gomorrah .
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 8:59am On Dec 04, 2020
enilove:

You are wrong .

in other words your boss who doesn't give a damn bout repentace and you work for him
both of you are witches and wizards abi?
the way you guys see God is laughable and if you continue to reason out of Bible context you will continue living in bondage of your own ignorance
the word of God is light and truth
the Bible is our manual here on Earth follow all that is in the Bible and your life will be like honey but when you complicate and start adding from your own imaginary bible u complicate your life and bondage will be your birth right
Re: Gambling Is Not A Sin by youngchopper(m): 9:02am On Dec 04, 2020
enilove:

Who created the black man without wisdom ?

God created the black man HAM
but the fool decided to laugh and mock his father Noah and a cause was layed upon his generation which you are
that is why u lack wisdom

What you call wisdom is not wisdom .

The whites are wise but can't see anything wrong with homosexuality , beastility and most of them believe there is no God.

A wise man is one that thinks about heaven:
Proverbs 15:24 KJV
The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

The ways of life of these white people are not different from those of Sodom and Gomorrah .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To You Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Holy Ghost Service Prayer Points By Pastor E.A Adeboye » 6th April / I Love This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.