Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff (7975 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Remove Handcuff, Come Down From Van / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Buhari’s Handshake And Handcuff Rule Of Managing PTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by kasiem(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2011
BetaThings:

Old?
Mandela was when he became president, Zuma is young
Akala and Gbenga Daniel are young. You would prefer them to people like Enahoro
I prefer an old incorruptible to an energetic chameleon lining his pockets and ready to sell his country for pieces of silver

Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by kasiem(m): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2011
Solution of 1983 cant solve the conundrum of 2011, the modus operandi for combating 419 in 80s problem can never match the internet fraud of today, the brain of stone throwing can not be juxtaposed with that of FRESH AIR. The whole body degenerates at the same time whenever old age beckon; and thats what culminated to the vicious strife in north africa. SORRY BUHARI 2011
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Hodaya(m): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2011
@beaf - once my nl hero turn nuisance,
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by MAYOWAAK: 11:23pm On Mar 23, 2011
@Beaf
"Somebody said $2.8 billion was missing and nobody tried to go and find out how much a barrel of crude was selling then and how much we were producing and what was our budget for those years? If you do it, you will find it impossible for the government to just steal $2.8 billion."
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by 9ijaMan: 12:08am On Mar 24, 2011
Once again I was almost shedding tears after reading the beautiful piece on Buhari's performance when he led PTF. How many leaders do we have in this country who possess half of Buhari's integrity. I managed to hold back my tears of joy for Buhari's achievements, but could not help to be sad that we have men in government whose sole aim to day is to loot the nation dry. The future of Nigeria has been practically mortgaged by the GEJ led PDP government.

Nigerians, let's for once get it right and move the nation back on track by voting out the PDP looters in government.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by honeric01(m): 12:36am On Mar 24, 2011
I love this man and i pray to learn some of his attributes.

He's not perfect, but i still prefer him come day come night!
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by bingils(m): 12:52am On Mar 24, 2011
I love BB wit ol my daring heart because it seems this is the time my beloved country will get what she calls true leadership that will translate to real development, BB God is wit u!!!
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by bingils(m): 12:56am On Mar 24, 2011
I love BB wit ol my daring heart because it seems this is the time my beloved country will get what she calls true leadership that will translate to real development, BB God is wit u!!!
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by mistakay: 2:17am On Mar 24, 2011
The ring road PTF built here is the best road ever.To God i can swear i cant remember seeing a single Pot hole 15 years now.I like Goodluck as a person but he cant handle the Job,too soft and nice, lol and thats why i like him personally grin
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by KBrown: 8:16am On Mar 24, 2011
The ring road PTF built here is the best road ever.To God i can swear i cant remember seeing a single Pot hole 15 years now.I like Goodluck as a person but he cant handle the Job,too soft and nice, lol and thats why i like him personally

Honestly, my friend mistakay, if the truth must be told, most of us who are GEJ supporters love him because of his soft and nice nature. However, I am gradually getting inclined to shift my support to the BB ticket. Sorry, to disappoint Beaf who apparently loves GEJ just like myself, or even more. It will be fool-hardy for me to continue to believe that GEJ with his soft approach can tackle the evil men that oils corruption in our land. We will be fooling ourselves if we expect the saboteurs who import generators to give in without a serious fight or if we expect those who benefit from importation of refined petroleum products to sit back and allow local refineries to work. Very unfortunately, these are the people who populate the PDP! Definitely, we would be asking for too much from our beloved GEJ if we expect him to suddenly become enemies of these hawks after the elections (as I have expressed on this forum in the past). They will work against him from within the party and eventually impeach him.
On the other hand, one can clearly see that a mention of Buhari's name alone sends jitters to the spines of the corrupt-minded. It therefore becomes a duty for me as a true lover of my country to shift my support and vote for the BB ticket. It is obvious that Nigeria as a country stand to overcome many of her problems if corruption is defeated as Buhari is wont to do. My only prayer is that being so powerful, God would not allow Buhari to become as despotic as the strong man of Libya.
I supported GEJ up to this moment because of my belief that "If he can make it, I can make it" but sorry, he is too, too soft for the kind of demons that are holding Nigeria down now. Nigeria needs a strong leader, with strong institutions to get out of the woods. I am also happy for him because he has already made it! For now, for the love of my country, Buhari seems to be the answer! God bless my country, Nigeria.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Pappij: 9:14am On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ Nice one, couldnt have described it better.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by honeric01(m): 10:20am On Mar 24, 2011
KBrown:

Honestly, my friend mistakay, if the truth must be told, most of us who are GEJ supporters love him because of his soft and nice nature. However, I am gradually getting inclined to shift my support to the BB ticket. Sorry, to disappoint Beaf who apparently loves GEJ just like myself, or even more. It will be fool-hardy for me to continue to believe that GEJ with his soft approach can tackle the evil men that oils corruption in our land. We will be fooling ourselves if we expect the saboteurs who import generators to give in without a serious fight or if we expect those who benefit from importation of refined petroleum products to sit back and allow local refineries to work. Very unfortunately, these are the people who populate the PDP! Definitely, we would be asking for too much from our beloved GEJ if we expect him to suddenly become enemies of these hawks after the elections (as I have expressed on this forum in the past). They will work against him from within the party and eventually impeach him.
On the other hand, one can clearly see that a mention of Buhari's name alone sends jitters to the spines of the corrupt-minded. It therefore becomes a duty for me as a true lover of my country to shift my support and vote for the BB ticket. It is obvious that Nigeria as a country stand to overcome many of her problems if corruption is defeated as Buhari is wont to do. My only prayer is that being so powerful, God would not allow Buhari to become as despotic as the strong man of Libya.
I supported GEJ up to this moment because of my belief that "If he can make it, I can make it" but sorry, he is too, too soft for the kind of demons that are holding Nigeria down now. Nigeria needs a strong leader, with strong institutions to get out of the woods. I am also happy for him because he has already made it! For now, for the love of my country, Buhari seems to be the answer! God bless my country, Nigeria.

May God bless you for seeing the truth on time and together, we will make this country great!!!
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Lagosboy: 10:27am On Mar 24, 2011
KBrown:

You are blessed with a good sense of reasoning, intellectual objectivity and above all honesty.

Welcome on board the BB2011 bandwagon . . . . spread the message to everyone you know
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Abayomin70(m): 11:33am On Mar 24, 2011
nice one
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by ceah(m): 11:46am On Mar 24, 2011
welcome on board kbrown, ping bb2011,
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by fxskye: 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2011
KBrown:

A big Congratulations to u man. We shall make Nigeria great, BB2011
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by 9ijaMan: 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
KBrown:

I supported GEJ up to this moment because of my belief that "If he can make it, I can make it" but sorry, he is too, too soft for the kind of demons that are holding Nigeria down now. Nigeria needs a strong leader, with strong institutions to get out of the woods. I am also happy for him because he has already made it! For now, for the love of my country, Buhari seems to be the answer!  God bless my country, Nigeria.
You have indeed shown the character which we pray every single Nigerian can imbibe. You are very much welcome on board the BB train. Join us on this thread to spread the gospel:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-611008.0.html#msg7788705

[center][size=30pt]Vote Buhari/Bakare 2011[/size] for a better Nigeria.[/center]
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by abacus(m): 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2011
You welcome boss,

Do good you get hand[b]shake[/b], do bad he get hand[b]cuff[/b].
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by billybaby: 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2011
I am very very impressed by what the master piece writer clarified. Although I have been very skeptical whenever it comes to political issues in this country due [/color]to the fact that they never turn out as expected at the end. This write up has really re awakened my inner thought on the issues to compare that will enable me make the choice of a lesser thief among the fifty thieves come April poll. I will not vote political party rather personality. My vote [color=#006600]today goes to Buhari if for no other reason, life was quality then compared to today. I sat on PTF provided desk back then in secondary school, drugs were shared on regular basis at regular centers for those that were sick.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by kholis(m): 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2011
My fellow Nigerians, it is high time we made a choice that have a lot to do with our future. We all know what corruption has done to this country under the tutelage of PDP. If GEJ is that good as professed in some quarters (though ignorantly), he should please leave this party that is evidently made up of evil-personified crop of graveyard men who believe so much in sucking the blood of the suffering masses. GEJ may mean well but since he is obviously surrounded by stronger vampires who we all know very well, and since he (GEJ) cannot wriggle himself out of their evil strongholds, then the electorates need to examine their heads before gambling with another precious 8 years of their future with PDP.

Still talking on corruption, Ribadu is in a loose sense perceived an anti-corruption icon (EFCC) but we all know the background of all his activities. In addition to many of his inappropriate anti-corruption moves, he once touted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the most corrupt Nigerian. I do not know how he will reconcile the statement with the fact that Tinubu is now his boss(GOD FATHER).

If corruption is not wiped out or drastically reduced, we will not only remain the same but get worse. I therefore strongly suggest that we vote against corruption by voting for BUHARI whom we are sure will wipe out all the corrupt elements in our system. He is a man not tied with any political corruption affiliation or the subordinate link of god-fatherism . If this feat of eliminating corruption is achieved in 4 years, we must have created a solid foundation 4 the development of other sectors. Time 4 tribal sentiments is over. Let's get it right this time by thinking 4 the future of our children even if we fail to think 4 our own future.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by logica(m): 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
The article fails to mention that Buhari's cousin, who was the sole authority for multi-billion PTF contracts, committed suicide before Abdulsalami opened the books. Such was the scale of fraud.
Is he Japanese? You really think any Nigerian will commit suicide over being caught for fraud? Nigerians don't see shame in being caught for fraud, especially if you still get all your stash back after serving your time. The death should be investigated properly. He was probably killed for not playing ball.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by BB4Naija: 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2011
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by reckless: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
Brilliance + proper reasoning, I know believe you are a patriot and not selfish. You truly wish your children and grnd children well. For Beaf, I'll say take your time gently and read what 9ijaman wrote probably it may be an eye opener. @Honestly, my friend mistakay, if the truth must be told, most of us who are GEJ supporters love him because of his soft and nice nature. However, I am gradually getting inclined to shift my support to the BB ticket. Sorry, to disappoint Beaf who apparently loves GEJ just like myself, or even more. It will be fool-hardy for me to continue to believe that GEJ with his soft approach can tackle the evil men that oils corruption in our land. We will be fooling ourselves if we expect the saboteurs who import generators to give in without a serious fight or if we expect those who benefit from importation of refined petroleum products to sit back and allow local refineries to work. Very unfortunately, these are the people who populate the PDP! Definitely, we would be asking for too much from our beloved GEJ if we expect him to suddenly become enemies of these hawks after the elections (as I have expressed on this forum in the past). They will work against him from within the party and eventually impeach him.
I supported GEJ up to this moment because of my belief that "If he can make it, I can make it" but sorry, he is too, too soft for the kind of demons that are holding Nigeria down now. Nigeria needs a strong leader, with strong institutions to get out of the woods. I am also happy for him because he has already made it! For now, for the love of my country, Buhari seems to be the answer!  God bless my country, Nigeria.

You have indeed shown the character which we pray every single Nigerian can imbibe. You are very much welcome on board the BB train. Join us on this thread to spread the gospel:
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by 9ijaMan: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2011
[center][flash=500,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx08Zc0DPD8?version=3[/flash]
[/center]
[center][size=50pt]Vote Buhari/Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our nation and generations.[/center]
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by danjohn: 1:13am On Mar 25, 2011
9ijaman, how were you able to make the video showing in nairaland? I only know how to post links.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by 9ijaMan: 4:21am On Mar 25, 2011
danjohn:

9ijaman, how were you able to make the video showing in nairaland?  I only know how to post links.

Open the link on YouTube.
Right click on the video after it starts to play.
Click on "Copy embedded html"
Paste (what you copied) on word document or note pad
You should have the following:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nx08Zc0DPD8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nx08Zc0DPD8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Copy either of the parts in bold fonts shown above.
Paste it in your post
Click on the "Insert Flash" button on your 'post reply page of NL' (the Flash button is directly below the bold "B" button) as shown below:
[flash=200,200]http://paste what you copied here[/flash]

Adjust the size of your embedded video by changing the [flash=200,200] to [flash=500,300]
The size can be adjusted to whatever value you prefer.
Preview your embedded video.
Once satisfied, click the reply button and you are done!
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by agoshofin(m): 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2011
the so called guy was said to commit suicide died of low blood sugar, from an Uncle who also worked in Afriproject then said, many attimes when he'll be working & suddenly wake up in d hospital, the salihuji guy died while working, if there was any fraud, it would ve been uncovered like when the Atiku issue came up,
We all fail to realise dat Buhari did all these under Abacha & I keep saying dat apart 4rm the Human Rights issues dat Abacha had, he was still d best manager of Nigeria's economy, Buhari worked only on the PTF project, traversing hthe lenght & breadth of the country then!

but now, he's 70, I doubt it if he still has d same strenght has before, whateva support he's getting nw is plainly solidarity & a repayment of the selfless service he has rendered to communities,

Let us hail d idea & look to sm1 who can do better!, & pls do not malign the Afriproject ppl, if u know those guys as they worked then, u'll weep for hw dis country has been plundered!
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by dantsoho(m): 4:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
kwarai ka gaya masu nigeria sai baba.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by Virgo83(m): 3:07am On Mar 26, 2011
BUHARI's government with IDIAGBON is 2nd to none nd can only be compared to MURITALA's only. At that time that's exactly what Nigeria needed. As for BA, KARE, he was the strongest critics of OBASANJO nd remains a strong advocate of Good Governance, u can trace that back to his pressure group SNG nd if he decided to be part of the decision making at this time I guess he's taking the right decision. For how long can he be a mobilizer, we need people like him, He is disciplined, a man of pride nd honour, he has principle nd he could be counted on.
For the sake of this Great Country, let's all join this REVOLUTIONARY LEADERS nd be part of the CHANGE, the CHANGE we all clamour for. Let's support the B.B.2011 RESOLUTION.
Re: Buhari's Handshake And Handcuff by ideylaff: 12:50pm On Mar 27, 2011
Buhari / Bakare or nothing oooooo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brief Profile Of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu:abia State PDP Gubernatorial Candidate / Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon / When Will NDA Blow Up A Pipeline In Southeast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.