Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,594 members, 7,843,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) (14052 Views)

Igbo Residents In Lagos: I Fear We Are Getting To The End Of Nigeria — Ezeife / Dignitaries Praise Bianca Ojukwu For Slapping Former Anambra First Lady (Video) / Osinbajo: Reducing Customs Procedures Can Lift Nigeria, Others By $250 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by jedisco(m): 12:26am On Dec 04, 2020
Misterdhee1:

If your knowledge of history is really strong, I doubt you would say this. Igbos' misuse of power in the first republic was the onset of the very problem Nigeria is still battling with. It's hard for the other major tribes to trust that same tribe with power.

If other ethnicities cannot trust Igbos with power, then don't you think its better we divide the country so people stay with those they can trust?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by calcal: 12:47am On Dec 04, 2020
we so happy that our slave master wants to allow us to answer the name for 4 years. what a shame!
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by jedisco(m): 12:50am On Dec 04, 2020
Seun:
If the president’s tribe matters, which it should not, I think it would clearly be the turn of the an Igbo or other south-eastern person to hold the position in 2023. The north would have held power for 11 years, and the south west for 8 years. If we group GEJ with the South East, it would still be their turn since he ruled for only 5 years.

If we can get a very good Igbo president in 2023, their yearning for separation will gradually fade away. Hopefully the Igbo president will not make the same mistakes that Zik, Nzeogwu and Ironsi made in the early days. Mistakes that set the country on a dark path.

@Seun

A quick question.
Why are discussions on crypto banned on NL?

I believe this rule which has been on for a long time needs to be looked into. It's use case and adoption has tremendously grown over the years.
Just like any form of asset (digital or physical) out there, there are those who may use it for fraudulent purposes.

It's adoption has markedly grown in Nigeria recently. People should be able to come here and find the right information.

I would have done more explaining but you're a techie and I'm sure you already know lots about it.
Also, most of the prevalent ads here these days seem to be around it. Makes it interesting why discussions onnit are still prohibited.

Please ammend this rule
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by eeetuk(m): 12:52am On Dec 04, 2020
“zoning 2023 presidency to the Igbo people will lift Nigeria.”--- Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeif

How you do you define hypocrisy?
Ibos went to war in 1967 to break away from Nigeria and failed.
Now they want to produce the presidency of Nigeria.
Igbos are Nigeria deniers—that to me disqualified them from holding the office of the president of Nigeria.

So, this argument that zoning 2023 Presidency to the Igbo people will lift Nigeria is not only a con argument, but it is also an attempt to divide Nigeria again.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by bigfish3k: 1:45am On Dec 04, 2020
Misterdhee1:

If your knowledge of history is really strong, I doubt you would say this. Igbos' misuse of power in the first republic was the onset of the very problem Nigeria is still battling with. It's hard for the other major tribes to trust that same tribe with power.
So you people are using power well now

If so why are we still a shithole.
Hmnm. SW people and demarketing of the igbos. I fear una

So we should trust you SW people that sold Bakassi or this present government that sold us to China, damaged economy and increased insecurity

If you don't know the political lifting of the igbos in Nigeria is directly proportional to the lifting of Nigeria in all spheres.

You people can keep deceiving yourselves. Buratai has already told you that unless the igbos take over your suffering will last for another 20 years

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 1:49am On Dec 04, 2020
Seun:
If the president’s tribe matters, which it should not, I think it would clearly be the turn of the an Igbo or other south-eastern person to hold the position in 2023. The north would have held power for 11 years, and the south west for 8 years. If we group GEJ with the South East, it would still be their turn since he ruled for only 5 years.

If we can get a very good Igbo president in 2023, their yearning for separation will gradually fade away. Hopefully the Igbo president will not make the same mistakes that Zik, Nzeogwu and Ironsi made in the early days. Mistakes that set the country on a dark path.

Does any tribe reserve the monopoly of mistakes?

What mistake would any future president make that'll surpass the Cowherd's numerous foolishnesses?

Abeg leave matter for Matthias.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by jaxxy(m): 2:32am On Dec 04, 2020
SilverNorGold:
2023 APC ticket is for South West.. We Northerners will return the favour.. Professor Osinbajo is the ONE..

2023 PDP ticket should go to South East, in all fairness.. But then, what is fair in PDP? undecided.. The only party where loyalty is rewarded with treachery.. grin

But wetin concern me with husband and wife matter sef? grin .. PDP the gluttonous husband and South East the malnourished faithful wife.. Let's party hard.. cheesy

[img]https:///media/12-03-2020/VNV0G1.gif[/img]

For Apc mind only North and Southwest exists in Nigeria?? grin

E go shock una. Even the North is more sensible than u. Return which favor lolz. When u chose to be fair then the north will be fair and return the favor. Till then all man for himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by Misterdhee1(m): 2:56am On Dec 04, 2020
bigfish3k:

So you people are using power well now

If so why are we still a shithole.
Hmnm. SW people and demarketing of the igbos. I fear una

So we should trust you SW people that sold Bakassi or this present government that sold us to China, damaged economy and increased insecurity

If you don't know the political lifting of the igbos in Nigeria is directly proportional to the lifting of Nigeria in all spheres.

You people can keep deceiving yourselves. Buratai has already told you that unless the igbos take over your suffering will last for another 20 years
LOL. Ode. I guess SE is a heavenly region already with well-developed and properly managed states so much that the people are living the best of life outside their home states grin

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by Misterdhee1(m): 2:58am On Dec 04, 2020
Nchenches:

.. and what made you think that Ekwueme who formed PDP with others when Obasanjo was in Abacha’s Gulag waiting for the hangman, could have defeated Ekwueme, if not the agreement that the SW would get the presidency through the agreement to rotate the presidency between north and south? That was after Shagari, Buhari, IBB, Abacha and Abubakar - all from north had steered Nigeria all the years.
Oga show us the agreement and stop wallowing in self-inflicted shamelessness. If SW and SE contest a million times, everyone knows what the result would always be. That was simply what played out in 1999. Ekwueme being an igbo man was well rejected outside his region's five states. Don't twist the rhetoric to suit your inordinate 2023 ambition.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by plaindealer: 3:23am On Dec 04, 2020
....but why os the PDP denying their mstt loyal supporters and voters the presidential award for their loyalty and undying slavery support.? grin grin

PDP, this is so unfair, abi how people go follow follow you for donkey years like mumu and still deny them and make them feel inferior, not up to par or that they are not good or competent enough to rule Nigeria.

Seriously, the SE need to stop yankling and banking on sentiments, tribal, regional and cheap emotional blackmail, Presidency is something that you have to work for, you have to first groom credible candidates with substance that's acceptable in every corner of Nigeria, you have to do consultations, you have to reach out, you have to bargain and cultivate alliances in the North, SW, SS and the Middle Belt, but the SE is yet to take these basic steps, they just want to jump and skip the critical steps and head straight to Aso Rock.

It doesn't work that way.

What about the SW? They put in the work, they bargained, they formed the alliance that created the ruling party and sacrificed the presidency, they paid their dues so do you really expect them to sit around like mumu while SE that did not shed 1 kobo sweat to just walk in and take the presidency?

SE folks are not serious thinkers, their are not strategic or realistic in their thinking and attitude.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by supereagle(m): 4:49am On Dec 04, 2020
lalasticlala:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/2023-igbo-presidency-will-lift-nigeria-ezeife/

Like Abia state governor who couldn't fix his state. Like Rocha's who did substandard work and left. Which of the past and present governor developed the region apart from Dave Umuahi. Igbo president will be worse for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by Nobody: 5:01am On Dec 04, 2020
LegendHero:

We have a two party system in Nigeria. Even throughout history, no one have worked in Party A and expect payment from Party B.

In 1999, the Yorubas in PDP got the support of the Northerers in PDP to get Obasanjo as the presidential aspirant. Even tho the Yoruba had more reason to be the aspirant in 1999 due to the death of MKO, the Igbos in PDP still went ahead to vote Ekwueme in that 1998 PDP Jos convention with Ekwueme wining 21.36% of the delegate results.

The Igbos have not sacrificed anything for the SW since the inception of Nigeria in 1960 and I don’t think the SW’ners should be under any pressure to sacrifice anything for the Igbos come 2023 in APC.

By 2022/2023, APC will hold her primaries and the SW will vie for the position just like the SE did in PDP in 1998. It is now left to the North to support who they think will protect their interest.

All these talks of Igbo deserves it does not hold any water, they deserve it in PDP but NOT in APC, a party they have stigmatized since its formation.

God bless ojare. I just don't know why Igbos love making noise and chest-beating impotently.

Folks should get it into their head that no man or woman can be President of Nigeria unless , in the first instance, he or she gets the support and votes of the PDP or APC to emerge candidate of either Party.

I won't bother speaking for the PDP but it is crystal clear to pragmatic and truthful folks that Party politics is very different to the emotional and sentimental politics ordinary Nigerians and Nairalanders deal with.

At Party level, delegates vote for the candidate they believe in , wish to profit from or have affiliation/loyalty with.

With that in mind it is a fact that no Igbo can get even 10% support from APC voting delegates. Igbos should stop dreaming about leading Nigeria till they can get candidate who can beat others at the PDP and APC Presidential Primaries. Simple as that.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 04, 2020
plaindealer:
....but why os the PDP denying their mstt loyal supporters and voters the presidential award for their loyalty and undying slavery support.? grin grin

PDP, this is so unfair, abi how people go follow follow you for donkey years like mumu and still deny them and make them feel inferior, not up to par or that they are not good or competent enough to rule Nigeria.

Seriously, the SE need to stop yankling and banking on sentiments, tribal, regional and cheap emotional blackmail, Presidency is something that you have to work for, you have to first groom credible candidates with substance that's acceptable in every corner of Nigeria, you have to do consultations, you have to reach out, you have to bargain and cultivate alliances in the North, SW, SS and the Middle Belt, but the SE is yet to take these basic steps, they just want to jump and skip the critical steps and head straight to Aso Rock.

It doesn't work that way.

What about the SW? They put in the work, they bargained, they formed the alliance that created the ruling party and sacrificed the presidency, they paid their dues so do you really expect them to sit around like mumu while SE that did not shed 1 kobo sweat to just walk in and take the presidency?

SE folks are not serious thinkers, their are not strategic or realistic in their thinking and attitude.

Bruv, intelligent Yorubas should simply sit back and work on bridge-building in preparation for the general election.

That is how sure I am a Yoruba will be APC candidate. First of all, the Northern candidates struggling to be the Presidential candidate of the APC are wasting their time. Those individual fall in the category of upstarts and politically weak individual with no real clout in the APC when all is said and done. Won't say more than that on the topic.

The APC ticket will be thrown open to the South. Let Igbos present Umahi, Kalu, Ngige, Onu, Okorocha or whoever they want.

The SS are free to do same.Yorubas will present either Osinbajo or Tinubu. Fayemi is wasting his own time and Ekiti cash. He can contest but will be poorly supported and wont poll 5% of delegate votes in my opinion.

Chances of other Southern candidates defeating Osinbajo or Tinubu is nil. Politicians don't take risk on candidates that will see them lose power, influence or prime access to the Nigerian corridors of power.

APC politicians will know that no Southerner has a better chance of winning the Presidential election than the visible and much loved current VP Osinbajo or Tinubu whose grassroots reach and clout across Nigeria is unmatched , even remotely, by any Southern Politician in Nigeria.

It is not me and you voting at the APC Primaries. It is politicians who always have an eye on their permanent interest. No politicians will therefore risk their permanent interest on a candidate likely to lose. Simple as that.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by Nazareth10: 5:22am On Dec 04, 2020
He actually stated what should be. Nigerians should also think it so. We have tried everyone, let's try an Igbo. If not for anything but for inclusion.
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by toye440: 6:09am On Dec 04, 2020
HallaDaTruth:
He is saying the undefeatable Truth
Man just so that u know i hv nothing against BIAFRANS as u preferred to be called. But think about it, the presidency and the biafra course which is more important? If U think the Hausa man would vote an Igbo man just because u gave them the Vp slot then u need to wake up pls.
I dont intend to sully ur joy but do u really think the APC would hand an Igbo man their ticket? Dont be so quick to forget the APC was a merger btw a northern party CPC and a SW party which they had this gentle mans agreement, like quid pro quo. Now u expect the CPC or the northerners to renege on the agreement because we now have influx of SE politicians like OUK and OkoroStatue men with no integrity.
Abeg the Igbo need to stand with their southern brothers with one voice RESTRUCTURE or REFERRENDUM. See what we were able to achieve together last month, the #EndSars movement was a success because we for once had a SOUTHERN ALLIANCE.
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by 7lives: 6:40am On Dec 04, 2020
Nchenches:

What entitles the SW to hold the presidency twice before the SE?

Because Jagaband helped PMB to win in 2015?

In 2023, it needs to be SE in APC ticket and in PDP ticket, as we all agreed for the SW in 1999.

Your mumu still never do?.
Last last una brain go reset.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by Anago55: 6:40am On Dec 04, 2020
OneTemplate:

God bless ojare. I just don't know why Igbos love making noise and chest-beating impotently.

Folks should get it into their head that no man or woman can be President of Nigeria unless , in the first instance, he or she gets the support and votes of the PDP or APC to emerge candidate of either Party.

I won't bother speaking for the PDP but it is crystal clear to pragmatic and truthful folks that Party politics is very different to the emotional and sentimental politics ordinary Nigerians and Nairalanders deal with.

At Party level, delegates vote for the candidate they believe in , wish to profit from or have affiliation/loyalty with.

With that in mind it is a fact that no Igbo can get even 10% support from APC voting delegates. Igbos should stop dreaming about leading Nigeria till they can get candidate who can beat others at the PDP and APC Presidential Primaries. Simple as that.
. Igbo presidency is a matter of national security

Southwest merits the APC ticket in 2023 for their efforts in the formation of the ruling party but Nigeria as a country is on the cross road and anything to salvage the situation MUST be done. The two major party in the country is in a round table discussion as we speak on how to settle the Igbo question once and for all

N/B: This is a classified information. Though I don't expect you to believe

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by sixtus3606(m): 6:40am On Dec 04, 2020
Seun:

You have spoken well. However, I'd like you to pinpoint the mistakes which Zik and the likes made in the early days. Thank you.
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 04, 2020
jaxxy:

For Apc mind only North and Southwest exists in Nigeria?? grin

E go shock una. Even the North is more sensible than u. Return which favor lolz. When u chose to be fair then the north will be fair and return the favor. Till then all man for himself.
At least, they have won elections that way grin
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by 7lives: 6:59am On Dec 04, 2020
eeetuk:
“zoning 2023 presidency to the Igbo people will lift Nigeria.”--- Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeif

How you do you define hypocrisy?
Ibos went to war in 1967 to break away from Nigeria and failed.
Now they want to produce the presidency of Nigeria.
Igbos are Nigeria deniers—that to me disqualified them from holding the office of the president of Nigeria.

So, this argument that zoning 2023 Presidency to the Igbo people will lift Nigeria is not only a con argument, but it is also an attempt to divide Nigeria again.

The funny thing is Ezeife was a member of Alliance for Democracy AD, before he jumped ship.
I'm sure the man is in PDP, let him use his glorious years of service to PDP, to facilitate a presidential ticket for the Igbos in PDP.
If he hadn't jump ship then, he for get mouth in APC but as it is now, na dog dey bark.
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by 7lives: 7:10am On Dec 04, 2020
Nazareth10:
He actually stated what should be. Nigerians should also think it so. We have tried everyone, let's try an Igbo. If not for anything but for inclusion.

grin grin grin orishirishi, Atletico Madrid have toiled all these years without winning champions league, let UEFA dash them the trophy.
Does this makes any sense?, NO.
Politics is a game, let Igbos learn to play.
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by 7lives: 7:14am On Dec 04, 2020
Anago55:
. Igbo presidency is a matter of national security

Southwest merits the APC ticket in 2023 for their efforts in the formation of the ruling party but Nigeria as a country is on the cross road and anything to salvage the situation MUST be done. The two major party in the country is in a round table discussion as we speak on how to settle the Igbo question once and for all

N/B: This is a classified information. Though I don't expect you to believe

National security, yeye dey smell who are you threatening?.
You can't work for GT and collect salary at access, e no go ever happen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by ThatFairGuy1: 7:18am On Dec 04, 2020
Nchenches:

What entitles the SW to hold the presidency twice before the SE?

Because Jagaband helped PMB to win in 2015?

In 2023, it needs to be SE in APC ticket and in PDP ticket, as we all agreed for the SW in 1999.
Question!
Is it COMMONSENSICAL for APC to give presidential ticket to SE Against SW? On what ground Should they be given?

Why is it hard for SE to request presidential ticket from party they've laboured for since since inception of 4th Republic?

In Jos convension in 1998, are you referring to the agreement where SE delegates voted for ekweme Against Obasanjo for PDP presidential ticket?
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by GeneralPula: 7:21am On Dec 04, 2020
SilverNorGold:
2023 APC ticket is for South West.. We Northerners will return the favour.. Professor Osinbajo is the ONE..

2023 PDP ticket should go to South East, in all fairness.. But then, what is fair in PDP? undecided.. The only party where loyalty is rewarded with treachery.. grin

But wetin concern me with husband and wife matter sef? grin .. PDP the gluttonous husband and South East the malnourished faithful wife.. Let's party hard.. cheesy

[img]https:///media/12-03-2020/VNV0G1.gif[/img]

Lol..

That tiny boy wey you dey see so nah marafukkin rich kid oo!!
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by Coal07: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2020
Any Igbo man who talks of Igbo presidency should stop deceiving himself. This is naija
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by juman(m): 7:31am On Dec 04, 2020
PDP should readily give igbo the presidential candidacy.
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by flokii: 7:32am On Dec 04, 2020
lexy2014:

No wonder d country isnt moving forward. Still basing serious decisions on something as parochial as ethnicity. If Igbo presidency will lift nigeria, how has Igbo governorship& Senate presidency lifted south east states since 1999?

Good question.. they talk too much and end up doing nothing.
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by Greenback: 7:33am On Dec 04, 2020
flokii:

Good question.. they talk too much and end up doing nothing.

Look who's talking. Lolsss
Re: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Will “Lift Nigeria” - Ezeife (Former Anambra Governor) by flokii: 7:37am On Dec 04, 2020
juman:
PDP should readily give igbo the presidential candidacy.

Although that is the right thing to do, but I won't blame PDP if they don't. Wike is playing his own cards to become VP candidate under PDP in 2023 and the only way that can happen is to give Presidential ticket to the North.

APC presidential ticket is for SW and VP slot for North to ensure zoning. Whether APC fields Igbo candidate or not, Igbos won't vote APC so what's the point in wasting the slot?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Housing Project Built By Agboyi-Ketu LCDA / Dangote Petrol Supply: FG May Slash N6 Trillion Fuel Import / Presidency Moves To Confirm Onnoghen As cjn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.