Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,200 members, 7,953,742 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:25 AM

Difference A South African Vs A Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Difference A South African Vs A Nigerian (338 Views)

Spot The Difference. A Toddler In Obi Rally Vs A Toddler In Tinubu Rally (photos / How Lady Lured Nnamdi Kanu From London To A South American Country - VANGUARD / Nigerians Don't Like Each Other - A South African Writes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference A South African Vs A Nigerian by happy200(m): 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
If a South African know that there is someone who can manage a business or anything more than him.
He gives it to the people, negotiates with the person. Both of them enjoys the benefit.

But even if a Nigerian know that he can't do a thing right, he 'll rather let that thing perish with him than give it out.
I wrote this because i was trying to know why Nigerians choose to behave that way. But i found out that the problem is "ego" they just want to stay on top of any shit just to answer "oga".
Re: Difference A South African Vs A Nigerian by rossniti: 10:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
happy200:
If a South African know that there is someone who can manage a business or anything more than him.
He gives it to the people, negotiates with the person. Both of them enjoys the benefit.

But even if a Nigerian know that he can't do a thing right, he 'll rather let that thing perish with him than give it out.
I wrote this because i was trying to know why Nigerians choose to behave that way. But i found out that the problem is "ego" they just want to stay on top of any shit just to answer "oga".

It's not the reason. It's more about lack of formal business training, which engenders the feeling that whatever needs to be professionally delegated to competent hands is 'not really that difficult', and can be handled by the owner.

It's basically just underestimating the complexity and heaviness of the task at hand.

After a while - sometimes a few years - of doing this, many business owners smell the coffee, and take on additional staff.
Re: Difference A South African Vs A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
I think this op is wasting our precious oxygen.
Re: Difference A South African Vs A Nigerian by happy200(m): 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
rossniti:

It's not the reason. It's more about lack of formal business training, which engenders the feeling that whatever needs to be professionally delegated to competent hand is 'not really that difficult', and can be handled by the owner. It's basically just underestimating the complexity and heaviness of the task at hand. After a while - sometimes a few years - of doing this, many business owners smell the coffee, and take on additional staff.

From my observations, Nigerian business owners has not realized how this, is affecting the entire business. I have 3 friends facing this problem now.

One of them asked me to manage the business for him and we share the profit 80/20%. I refused because i know he can't take his eyes off the business "he will like the whole world to know that I'm now his new boy". Instead of business partners
Re: Difference A South African Vs A Nigerian by Macrofrancis(m): 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2020
It is not true with all.
Re: Difference A South African Vs A Nigerian by happy200(m): 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2020
Macrofrancis:
It is not true with all.
Yes not all but majority.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are The Biggest Export To The World / FG To Deploy Satellite Tech In Intelligence Gathering – Minister / MSMEs Survival Fund: We Must Find Ways Of Doing More, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.