Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Terrible Experience Selling On Jumia - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Terrible Experience Selling On Jumia (1755 Views)

Terrible Shopping Experience On JUMIA / How To Hunt Well On Jumia Treasure Hunt / You Shop On Jumia And Konga? Beware Of This New Fraudster! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrible Experience Selling On Jumia by Pillarbeck(f): 10:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
I used to be so in love with Jumia, especially when I was just a buyer. So far I have bought stuffs worth 2 million naira on Jumia. There were times I ordered for a yellow dress only to be sent a black dress but since it fit perfectly, I kept them.

The story changed when I decided to become a vendor on Jumia. I realised the experience as a vendor is the opposite. Jumia treats its vendors like trash. When you bring an item, they try to find any fault even when there is none because once your product fails the check, they will cancel the order and charge you 3k for cancellation even if the product is worth 900 naira. I started wondering how those unreal items got to me as a buyer if they were truly doing all these.

Buyers enjoy because Jumia makes it very easy to return items within 7 days and get your refund. What you do not know is that for every item you return as a buyer, the seller would be penalised and charged 3k even if you return it for no reason.

Even though Jumia has gained popularity by pleasing only their buyers at the expense of their sellers, I feel its just a matter of time before they go downhill.

Since Jumia made return so easy, why do they do their best to stop a vendor from still shipping, cancelling the order and then charging the seller 3k for something the buyer hasn't even got the chance to accept or reject? I do not deal in counterfeit products but we all know that pictures are never the same as the real thing especially if it has gone through intense photoshop, if that were the opposite, then most pictures of people you see on Facebook would be exactly as they are when you meet them in reality. The most important thing is for the customer to be pleased with what they ordered for. However most of my products even look better than it is in pictures but Jumia still tries to find fault over flimsy matters. If buyers are not pleased they can freely return it. Why the hassle of stopping products from getting to the customers and then still charging the vendor 3k for cancellation. Wow?! Isn't that the height of thievery? I have suffered and lost 60k within 2 months of doing business with Jumia during these difficult times. They also charge high commissions. Funny thing is, I sell same items on Konga and never got any customer complaints or a need to return my items. I have decided to take take this matter to Jumia headquarters. If it cannot be resolved then I have no choice but to close my shop with them.

Their frustration has led to me creating my own online shop. www.becstaronline.com. Another major frustration is that Jumia pays you 3 weeks after the sales of your products. Its almost like you're waiting for the end of the month to get your salary which is very unreasonable.

If you are interested in seeing what I sell you may check out the website. Place some orders and let us see if you are pleased or not. I never planning creating my own website cos I thought selling on Jumia and Konga would be enough for me. I have decided to partner with Konga. I will use their packaging materials and use them for all my deliveries for now. I didn't create my own website to make a name, I created it cos I was extremely frustrated. I know I get more orders from Jumia than from Konga. The last time I sold 140k on Jumia, I only got 80k out of it cos of their many deductions here and there. I have only spent 3 months selling with them and it's not worth it at all.

My husband has been bothering me to go to their office since but I kept delaying. I was willing to let them go with all the money I lost cos I know if I go there it won't be funny at all cos I might scatter the place.. They have annoyed me and caused me sleepless nights.

Do you know the worse part, you can't send a delivery man to help you drop off ordered items at Jumia hubs cos the man will have to face many queries if you sealed the items cos Jumia must inspect the goods so they can reject them. It is not different from the post office reading your letters before mailing them. I'm not saying it's not good to look out for quality but overdoing it just so they can charge you is the point I'm trying to make. They do it intentionally so it's now like scam. Unlike Konga where its very easy to just drop off customer orders. My question is, why does Jumia still permit easy return and refunds even after doing all these checks that they do? One time a lady at Abuja ordered for a wristwatch and it spent days to get to Abuja only for me to receive an alert of failed delivery. I thought the lady had rejected it. Only for the same lady to place another order for the same wristwatch on the next day while the other one is still on its way back to me. Funny thing is, I sent Jumia an email but they didn't respond. I asked if I could just have them send back the first one she ordered to her instead of me spending money repackaging another and sending afresh. They didn't respond. I had no choice but to repackage because if I dare cancel her 2nd order by myself, they'll charge me 3k. Any form of cancellation either by you or by Jumia on your behalf attracts 3k. The painful part is when the returned watch got to the hub, I just told my brother to tell them to print new details for it and send same wristwatch but the guy at the hub felt it was returned cos something was wrong with it so he cancelled it and charged me 3k for a watch of 2500. Meanwhile failed delivery means the buyer wasn't available to receive the order or the buyer had no money when the order arrived. This is just one of many frustrations with them o. cry

One time, a northerner ordered for 2 lingeries. I got to the hub and they were rejected cos the size tag was a paper sticker placed on the package. They said size tags must be sewn on the lingeries. Even if you are selling panties on Jumia, you must ask the manufacturer to sew L, M or S on them o. They rejected the 2 lingeries and charged me 6k for cancellation.

Twice at different Jumia hubs, the hub attendants have been very rude. Even when I send my brother and there is a complaint and I ask my bro to pass the phone to them so I could speak with them, they reject the phone saying they don't want to hear anything. That said, I will stop patronising Jumia. I know big gadgets I have bought from Jumia including refrigerator, TV, Laptops, Generator sets, makeups, dresses, hair wigs, phones, etc.. I remember how people used to called me Jumia lady while I was only a buyer. I didn't know there were vendors suffering so Jumia can keep shining and going higher. Jumia is not different from hypocrites who pretend to be good and holy at church but another person at home. Let me stop here for now. If you guys can relate with this message please kindly let me know. Please patronise me because I am trying to bounce back and pay back all the loan I'm owing that Jumia has prevented me from fulfilling smoothly. Please help a sister. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrible Experience Selling On Jumia by defcon4: 10:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
Selling on Jumia to is not worth the effort
Re: Terrible Experience Selling On Jumia by EditorsPalace(m): 1:17am On Dec 04, 2020
Pillarbeck:
I used to be so in love with Jumia, especially when I was just a buyer. So far I have bought stuffs worth 2 million naira on Jumia. There were times I ordered for a yellow dress only to be sent a black dress but since it fit perfectly, I kept them.

The story changed when I decided to become a vendor on Jumia. I realised the experience as a vendor is the opposite. Jumia treats its vendors like trash. When you bring an item, they try to find any fault even when there is none because once your product fails the check, they will cancel the order and charge you 3k for cancellation even if the product is worth 900 naira. I started wondering how those unreal items got to me as a buyer if they were truly doing all these.

Buyers enjoy because Jumia makes it very easy to return items within 7 days and get your refund. What you do not know is that for every item you return as a buyer, the seller would be penalised and charged 3k even if you return it for no reason.

Even though Jumia has gained popularity by pleasing only their buyers at the expense of their sellers, I feel its just a matter of time before they go downhill.

Since Jumia made return so easy, why do they do their best to stop a vendor from still shipping, cancelling the order and then charging the seller 3k for something the buyer hasn't even got the chance to accept or reject? I do not deal in counterfeit products but we all know that pictures are never the same as the real thing especially if it has gone through intense photoshop, if that were the opposite, then most pictures of people you see on Facebook would be exactly as they are when you meet them in reality. The most important thing is for the customer to be pleased with what they ordered for. However most of my products even look better than it is in pictures but Jumia still tries to find fault over flimsy matters. If buyers are not pleased they can freely return it. Why the hassle of stopping products from getting to the customers and then still charging the vendor 3k for cancellation. Wow?! Isn't that the height of thievery? I have suffered and lost 60k within 2 months of doing business with Jumia during these difficult times. They also charge high commissions. Funny thing is, I sell same items on Konga and never got any customer complaints or a need to return my items. I have decided to take take this matter to Jumia headquarters. If it cannot be resolved then I have no choice but to close my shop with them.

Their frustration has led to me creating my own online shop. www.becstaronline.com. Another major frustration is that Jumia pays you 3 weeks after the sales of your products. Its almost like you're waiting for the end of the month to get your salary which is very unreasonable.

If you are interested in seeing what I sell you may check out the website. Place some orders and let us see if you are pleased or not. I never planning creating my own website cos I thought selling on Jumia and Konga would be enough for me. I have decided to partner with Konga. I will use their packaging materials and use them for all my deliveries for now. I didn't create my own website to make a name, I created it cos I was extremely frustrated. I know I get more orders from Jumia than from Konga. The last time I sold 140k on Jumia, I only got 80k out of it cos of their many deductions here and there. I have only spent 3 months selling with them and it's not worth it at all.

My husband has been bothering me to go to their office since but I kept delaying. I was willing to let them go with all the money I lost cos I know if I go there it won't be funny at all cos I might scatter the place.. They have annoyed me and caused me sleepless nights.

Do you know the worse part, you can't send a delivery man to help you drop off ordered items at Jumia hubs cos the man will have to face many queries if you sealed the items cos Jumia must inspect the goods so they can reject them. It is not different from the post office reading your letters before mailing them. I'm not saying it's not good to look out for quality but overdoing it just so they can charge you is the point I'm trying to make. They do it intentionally so it's now like scam. Unlike Konga where its very easy to just drop off customer orders. My question is, why does Jumia still permit easy return and refunds even after doing all these checks that they do? One time a lady at Abuja ordered for a wristwatch and it spent days to get to Abuja only for me to receive an alert of failed delivery. I thought the lady had rejected it. Only for the same lady to place another order for the same wristwatch on the next day while the other one is still on its way back to me. Funny thing is, I sent Jumia an email but they didn't respond. I asked if I could just have them send back the first one she ordered to her instead of me spending money repackaging another and sending afresh. They didn't respond. I had no choice but to repackage because if I dare cancel her 2nd order by myself, they'll charge me 3k. Any form of cancellation either by you or by Jumia on your behalf attracts 3k. The painful part is when the returned watch got to the hub, I just told my brother to tell them to print new details for it and send same wristwatch but the guy at the hub felt it was returned cos something was wrong with it so he cancelled it and charged me 3k for a watch of 2500. Meanwhile failed delivery means the buyer wasn't available to receive the order or the buyer had no money when the order arrived. This is just one of many frustrations with them o. cry

One time, a northerner ordered for 2 lingeries. I got to the hub and they were rejected cos the size tag was a paper sticker placed on the package. They said size tags must be sewn on the lingeries. Even if you are selling panties on Jumia, you must ask the manufacturer to sew L, M or S on them o. They rejected the 2 lingeries and charged me 6k for cancellation.

Twice at different Jumia hubs, the hub attendants have been very rude. Even when I send my brother and there is a complaint and I ask my bro to pass the phone to them so I could speak with them, they reject the phone saying they don't want to hear anything. That said, I will stop patronising Jumia. I know big gadgets I have bought from Jumia including refrigerator, TV, Laptops, Generator sets, makeups, dresses, hair wigs, phones, etc.. I remember how people used to called me Jumia lady while I was only a buyer. I didn't know there were vendors suffering so Jumia can keep shining and going higher. Jumia is not different from hypocrites who pretend to be good and holy at church but another person at home. Let me stop here for now. If you guys can relate with this message please kindly let me know. Please patronise me because I am trying to bounce back and pay back all the loan I'm owing that Jumia has prevented me from fulfilling smoothly. Please help a sister. Thanks

Since you have gone through all this stress and pains with them, so why have you not yet dumped them?

Why are you still patronizing them when you've clearly seen that they are a scam?

Do you think anything tangible will come out of it even if you go to their headquarters to complain? Why don't you save yourself the stress and immediately delete your account with them?

Don't you know you can build your own business via your own website and get your own customers if you're patient enough to build it?

Why waste your time, energy and money on corporate scammers called Jumia?

Why waste your time with corporate fraudsters?

A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible Experience Selling On Jumia by Proffdada: 1:44am On Dec 04, 2020
I'm not really supporting Jumia but if the penalty is not in play, many vendors will post rubbish to swindle customers. They are times I always blame Jumia for posting fake stuff but it's actually vendors mischief

1 Like

Re: Terrible Experience Selling On Jumia by McMayor(m): 4:16am On Dec 04, 2020
I totally agree with you. I have 6 yrs + experience with Jumia as a vendor. And I can tell you the problem is actually from we vendors. Yes we want to make money as a business but we also need to check ourselves. For instance. I shipped a laptop worth 550k, customer used it for 2 days then a mistake I made when creating that SKU customer detected it and returned the item. Why should I cry over my own mistake I can't.

OP mentioned ordering a particular yellow dress but black been delivered to her and she kept it. That was your own decision.

20 of my products have failed QC in a single day. Thats 3000 x 20. That was what I was made to pay. Because of my own mistake.

Obviously, OP might still be new to the system.

If you think you are being treated / your items are being rejected falsely, Please raise a claim your charges might be dropped and you will even be compensated. Jumia is very easy even now compared to several years back. You just have to understand that Jumia has policy.

Proffdada:
I'm not really supporting Jumia but if the penalty is not in play, many vendors will post rubbish to swindle customers. They are times I always blame Jumia for posting fake stuff but it's actually vendors mischief
Re: Terrible Experience Selling On Jumia by Pillarbeck(f): 7:21am On Dec 04, 2020
Proffdada:

Yes I agree, I myself have already bought fake stuffs from them.. But they are not really after fake now but just to cancel and charge you over flimsy reasons.

In fact, I think they have decided to frustrate their sellers on purpose. Yesterday 3 bags were rejected for flimsy reasons. Even though the time for fulfilment had not expired on the system the lady didn't even give a chance she cancelled immediately and charged me for failure. She also claimed I shouldn't have used cartons for bags. Meanwhile the hub I left initially was accepting this same bags and I already sold 12 of them without any returns. They told me to always use cartons and not nylon envelopes. I left them not because of the bags but I thought they were always trying to find faults. I didn't know this new location I chose was worse. Since I wasn't the one who took the items there myself I asked to speak to the lady on phone I explained to her and she gave a reason for rejection that a small design dropping in front of the bag is not the same length as it is in the picture. I was amazed. I have been a buyer for many years on Jumia and have never gotten anything from them that is exactly as it is in the picture. I know this bag is high quality.. Why not let the buyer get them first and decide if they like it or not? No, she just cancelled and added the bag to failed QC. They messed up my day yesterday. I'm really feeling frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Terrible Experience Selling On Jumia by Pillarbeck(f): 7:25am On Dec 04, 2020
EditorsPalace:

Since you have gone through all this stress and pains with them, so why have you not yet dumped them?

Why are you still patronizing them when you've clearly seen that they are a scam?

Do you think anything tangible will come out of it even if you go to their headquarters to complain? Why don't you save yourself the stress and immediately delete your account with them?

Don't you know you can build your own business via your own website and get your own customers if you're patient enough to build it?

Why waste your time, energy and money on corporate scammers called Jumia?

Why waste your time with corporate fraudsters?

A word is enough for the wise.

Thanks. That's exactly what I plan doing. After going there to get refund for all the unnecessary deductions they made. It's useless selling on Jumia.
Re: Terrible Experience Selling On Jumia by Proffdada: 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
Pillarbeck:

Yes I agree, I myself have already bought fake stuffs from them.. But they are not really after fake now but just to cancel and charge you over flimsy reasons.

In fact, I think they have decided to frustrate their sellers on purpose. Yesterday 3 bags were rejected for flimsy reasons. Even though the time for fulfilment had not expired on the system the lady didn't even give a chance she cancelled immediately and charged me for failure. She also claimed I shouldn't have used cartons for bags. Meanwhile the hub I left initially was accepting this same bags and I already sold 12 of them without any returns. They told me to always use cartons and not nylon envelopes. I left them not because of the bags but I thought they were always trying to find faults. I didn't know this new location I chose was worse. Since I wasn't the one who took the items there myself I asked to speak to the lady on phone I explained to her and she gave a reason for rejection that a small design dropping in front of the bag is not the same length as it is in the picture. I was amazed. I have been a buyer for many years on Jumia and have never gotten anything from them that is exactly as it is in the picture. I know this bag is high quality.. Why not let the buyer get them first and decide if they like it or not? No, she just cancelled and added the bag to failed QC. They messed up my day yesterday. I'm really feeling frustrated.
sadly the innocent people like you bears the brunt. They've made a name and aggressively milking sellers with it

1 Like

Re: Terrible Experience Selling On Jumia by Azone: 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
I think as sellers on Jumia we have to create a movement. We are the engine room fueling this business. If we all dont deliver goods nobody gets paid.

Its insulting to deliver a patterned dress and you are being told xyz is not exactly placed on same spot in every dress supplied.

If you cut a straight material in bulk am very sure one will come out bent.

Jumia needs to start regarding her vendors.

Enough of this dubious ways to generate revenues at the expense of vendors

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Deal!!! 2020 Macbook Air M1 For Sale. PRICE: 350k / Uk Used Iphone 13 Pro Max 128gb / Buy Direct From The Source ! We Are Looking For Laptop Buyers/wholesalers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.