Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? (11272 Views)

What To Do Upon Seeing A Bad Dream? / Seeing Banded Sugar Ants In The House / Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Lukgaf(m): 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2020
"The righteous dream is from Allah and the bad dream is from the devil, so if anyone sees something which pleases him then he should only relate it to one whom he loves..."

Summary of what to do upon having a bad dream:

- Spit on your left three times

What does Spit mean: it is a form of spitting comprising mainly of air with little spittle

-Seek refuge in Allah from shaytan and the evil of what you saw

-Do not relate it to anyone

-Turn and sleep on the opposite side to which you were sleeping on previously.

https://ahadith.co.uk/hisnulmuslim-dua-31

Hisnul Muslim

9 Likes

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:29am On Dec 04, 2020
Stop rushing to go see your babalawo/ Dibia Alfa. Do the right thing and have faith!

Even if you wake up see black cat (or red sef) nothing dey happen. It's either the cat is looking for something or it's running away from something!

Even spiders can be busy in the night spinning cobwebs to catch their prey. Then humans will wake up and get caught up in this web....and remember one village people.

Abu al-‘Abbas ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas(ra) reports:
“One day I was riding (a horse/camel) behind the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, when he said, ‘Young man, I will teach you some words. Be mindful of Allah, and He will take care of you. Be mindful of Him, and you shall find Him at your side. If you ask, ask of Allah. If you need help, seek it from Allah. Know that if the whole world were to gather together in order to help you, they would not be able to help you except if Allah had written so. And if the whole world were to gather together in order to harm you, they would not harm you except if Allah had written so. The pens have been lifted, and the pages are dry.’ ”
Related by Tirmidhi

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Lukgaf(m): 8:35am On Dec 04, 2020
Barakallah feekum Ustadh Rashdut4luv

Rashduct4luv:
Stop rushing to go see your babalawo/ Dibia Alfa. Do the right thing and have faith!

Even if you wake up see black cat (or red sef) nothing dey happen. It's either the cat is looking for something or it's running away from something!

Even spiders can be busy in the night spinning cobwebs to catch their prey. Then humans will wake up and get caught up in this web....and remember one village people.

“One day I was riding (a horse/camel) behind the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, when he said, ‘Young man, I will teach you some words. Be mindful of Allah, and He will take care of you. Be mindful of Him, and you shall find Him at your side. If you ask, ask of Allah. If you need help, seek it from Allah. Know that if the whole world were to gather together in order to help you, they would not be able to help you except if Allah had written so. And if the whole world were to gather together in order to harm you, they would not harm you except if Allah had written so. The pens have been lifted, and the pages are dry.’ ”
Related by Tirmidhi

9 Likes

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by AntiChristian: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2020
Some people are not chased by anything except their ignorance!

And the alfa will give them powdered charcoal to mix with pap and they will come back and praise the alfa that his work was fruitful.

But if you had stayed put you would still have got what you got!

Iman + Istiqamah + Sabr

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by advocatejare(m): 9:06am On Dec 04, 2020
Lukgaf:

-Seek refuge in Allah from shaytan and the evil of what you saw

How can you seek refuge for Satan when Muhammad had told you that Satan lives inside your nose?

"Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said. When any one of you awakes up from sleep and performs ablution, he must clean his nose three times, for the devil spends the night in the interior of his nose."
-Sahih Muslim Book 002/0462

Antichristian how can spitting protect you from a spirit that's residing in your nose. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Tarabye: 9:11am On Dec 04, 2020

4 Likes

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by AntiChristian: 9:16am On Dec 04, 2020
advocatejare:

How can you seek refuge for Satan when Muhammad had told you that Satan lives inside your nose?

"Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said. When any one of you awakes up from sleep and performs ablution, he must clean his nose three times, for the devil spends the night in the interior of his nose."

Antichristian how can spitting protect you from a spirit that's residing in your nose. grin

You can't even comprehend a few lines of words and you'll claim you have the Holy spirit!

If the devil spends the night...does this mean it lives inside the nose?

Shake head!!!

May Allah save us from these Shaytaan in human skin!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by AntiChristian: 9:34am On Dec 04, 2020
advocatejare:

You should have completed your sentence na.
Muhammad said that the devil spends the night in his nose and that of every Muslim and you're saying that doesn't mean that Satan lives in your body.

Is your nose not part of your body?

Is the place your retire to at night to sleep after your daily activities not your home?

You need help, this evening too the devil will be in your home to spend the night in your nose and in the noses of the people of your households.

How then can you resist someone that is part of your households and your bodies? Reason am

Muhammad said that the devil sleeps in your nose but the same Muhammad said if you have a bad dream you should spit 3 times, how can spitting remove the devil from your nose.

Islam grin

I think every Muslim here should report you if you derail this thread further or bring your Shubuat here.

You read one hadith and you think you've known all. Is this not foolishness like Boko Haram?

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do not turn your houses into graveyards. Verily, Satan flees from the house in which Surat al-Baqarah is recited.”
Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 780

It was reported on the authority of Jaabir bin ‘Abdullaah, may Allah be pleased with him, that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) said: “When a person enters his house and mentions the Name of Allah The Exalted at the time of entering it and while eating, the devil says (addressing himself), 'You have no place to spend the night [in that home] and no evening meal'; but when he enters without mentioning the Name of Allah The Almighty, the devil would say (addressing himself), 'You have found a place to spend the night', and when he does not mention the Name of Allah The Exalted before eating, he i.e. the devil says (addressing himself), 'You have found a place to spend the night and an evening meal'.” [Muslim]

The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allah exalt his mention ) said: “When a man enters his house, he should say: "Allahumma inni Asaluka khayra al-mawlij wa khayra al-makhraj, bismillaahi walajna wa bismillaahi kharajna wa ‘ala rabbina tawakkalna [which means: O Allah! I ask You for good both when entering and when leaving; in the name of Allah we have entered, and in the name of Allah we have gone out, and in Allah our Lord we trust.], and he should then greet his family (i.e. with Salaam) ” [Abu Daawood and At-Tabaraani] [Al-Albaani: Hasan by virtue of corroborating narrations]

You are the devil who lies and spread falsehood as Allah The Exalted Says (what means): {Shall I inform you upon whom the devils descend?* They descend upon every sinful liar.} [Quran 26:221-222]

5 Likes

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by sirabu: 10:05am On Dec 04, 2020
Ma sha Allah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by chillychill(f): 10:07am On Dec 04, 2020
Jazakumllahu kayran wink

1 Like

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Coochyking: 10:21am On Dec 04, 2020
lol
Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Zane2point4(m): 10:46am On Dec 04, 2020
All these funny funny language wey una deh yan here sef, which one be jin ,which one be shakatan

Abi no be evil words be dis?

Dream as we know is in our subcontious thought

Example if i was thinking about eating before i sleep its likely I'll eat in the dream.

If am thinking abt sex before sleep,if i hv slight erection during that sleep, my dick will assume the soft bed is nyash and I'll subconsciously dream abt havning sex.

During childhood days of bedwetting if i think abt peeing outside,ill certainly pee on my bed.

It has come to the level say i deh sabi wen i deh dream sef, like wen am being chased by smthn in the dream,i just give my self wings and fly over the chaser.

Note: am not a muslim just educating you people,since seun is foolish enough to let his segregation go under his nose,who the Bleep does he think he is anyway?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by uthlaw: 11:01am On Dec 04, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Related by Tirmidhi
I don't think this work with Africa perspectives,my friend having a spiritual problem for more than 4years and he do pray both in the middle of the night and yet no positive results,he was telling me no changes and tired of prayers but his not seeing result..
why is it that the black magic work faster,and praying to God delay....some will be asking you if does people are power than everyone!
Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by ceeceeco: 11:18am On Dec 04, 2020
In shaa Allah
Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Guidedee(m): 11:21am On Dec 04, 2020
He should add steadfastness, patience, persistency and belief in destiny. And also pray according to the dictates of Al-kitaab wa-sunnah uote author=uthlaw post=96719970]I don't think this work with Africa perspectives,my friend having a spiritual problem for more than 4years and he do pray both in the middle of the night and yet no positive results,he was telling me no changes and tired of prayers but his not seeing result..
why is it that the black magic work faster,and praying to God delay....some will be asking you if does people are power than everyone![/quote]
Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Olawumi1032(f): 12:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
ALHAMDULILAHI
Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Bar1941(m): 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
advocatejare:

And Jesus didn't warn that devil resides in the heart of children that cane should be used to remove such devil? If you understand the meaning of advocate that you used as your moniker, you should have understood the simple write-up.
Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by advocatejare(m): 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
Bar1941:

And Jesus didn't warn that devil resides in the heart of children that cane should be used to remove such devil?
Why are you lying?

Where did Jesus make this statement. Oya show us

1 Like

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Bar1941(m): 1:39pm On Dec 04, 2020
advocatejare:

Why are you lying?

Where did Jesus make this statement. Oya show us

You are right...
Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by advocatejare(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2020
Bar1941:

You are right...
So you know that you lied.

Please stop lying.
Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Kingzeez10: 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
uthlaw:
I don't think this work with Africa perspectives,my friend having a spiritual problem for more than 4years and he do pray both in the middle of the night and yet no positive results,he was telling me no changes and tired of prayers but his not seeing result..
why is it that the black magic work faster,and praying to God delay....some will be asking you if does people are power than everyone!
I be wan ask this too

1 Like

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2020
uthlaw:

There's a reason for everything that happens though our knowledge is limited.

Look how much Prophet Ayub (alayhi salam) suffered and look at the life of the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasalam) especially. They were in a better place to not have any suffering yet they got far more than that your friend could even imagine.

We hope your friend would be patient and get more reward. May Allah prevent us from Kufr and Shirk and all those who call to it.
Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by Bar1941(m): 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2020
advocatejare:

So you know that you lied.

Please stop lying.

You are right.

1 Like

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by baarak66(m): 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2020
Alhamdulilah...as Muslims, we believe whatever is it in Islam so far it comes from an authentic source. That is what being a 'BELIEVER' means. We believe what is beyond human comprehension. If the Prophet(SAW) says Ash-aythan lives in the nose, lives in houses, lives in the beach, lives in the toilets or any other places, we as Muslims don't argue, we believe, cos, as Muslims anytime we hear what we can and cannot comprehend . We say
سمعنا وآمنا وأطعنا
meaning' we heard, we believe and we follow'.

that was why Allah SWT praises the Muslims by saying in Surah AL-Baqora
"الذين يؤمنون بالغيب" الآية
...Those who believe the unseen...

If you don't understand , we ask Scholars... you don't use empty head to interpret the RELIGION the way you want.

this matter is part of of the unseen and the so many of such. WE BELIEVE , WE DONT ARGUE.

Also. the Scholars of Islam do say that "الأمر في الغيب ليس أمرا في ما سوى الغيب"

"Matters in the unseen world differs from matters elsewhere"

So, i don't know why some people have problems with that.

Now, trying to explain those Evidences for you. there is no contradiction in all those.
The Shaytan is not one, he has co-workers and submissive servants who work for him. whenever they say Ashaythan, it can be any of his servants which are mostly among the Jinns.

and aside , Allah gives Him power to transform himself to whatever bad being he wants. so what's the fuss about saying, he's in your nose, house, dream, toilet.

please get sense.
Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by baarak66(m): 9:17pm On Dec 04, 2020
advocatejare:

They should report me for exposing the truth and giving you reference from your own authentic sources? You're a joker. You're trying to keep people in perpetual darkness, you don't want them to know the truth

If Surat Baqarah sends Satan away, why then do you perform ablutions and clean your nose three times as commanded by Muhammad to send the devil who has slept in your nose away?
So Baqarah couldn't sent him away, it's your water that does the work.

Alhamdulilah...as Muslims, we believe whatever is it in Islam so far it comes from an authentic source. That is what being a 'BELIEVER' means. We believe what is beyond human comprehension. If the Prophet(SAW) says Ash-aythan lives in the nose, lives in houses, lives in the beach, lives in the toilets or any other places, we as Muslims don't argue, we believe, cos, as Muslims anytime we hear what we can and cannot comprehend . We say
سمعنا وآمنا وأطعنا

If you don't understand , we ask Scholars... you don't use empty head to interpret the RELIGION the way you want.

this matter is part of of the unseen and the so many of such. WE BELIEVE , WE DONT ARGUE.

Also. the Scholars of Islam do say that "الأمر في الغيب ليس أمرا في ما سوى الغيب"

Now, trying to explain those Evidences for you. there is no contradiction in all those.
The Shaytan is not one, he has co-workers and submissive servants who work for him. whenever they say Ashaythan, it can be any of his servants which are mostly among the Jinns.

and aside , Allah gives Him power to transform himself to whatever bad being he wants. so what's the fuss about saying, he's in your nose, house, dream, toilet.

please get sense.
Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by advocatejare(m): 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
baarak66:

سمعنا وآمنا وأطعنا

please get sense.

It's in your nose and in the noses of all you Muslims. Now go to bed and allow the devil to sleep in your nose and when you wake up tomorrow, use water to send the devil away as usual grin

And if you have the money, go to the permanent home of Satan in Saudi and go and stone him like your fellow Muslims do every year tongue

2 Likes

Re: What To Do Upon Seeing A Good Or Bad Dream? by AntiChristian: 5:33am On Dec 05, 2020
AntiChristian:
Some people are not chased by anything except their ignorance!

And the alfa will give them powdered charcoal to mix with pap and they will come back and praise the alfa that his work was fruitful.

But if you had stayed put you would still have got what you got!

1. Why can't those alfas change their own condition and be like Dangote?

2. The so called babalawo alfa will asks his family or neighbors if he had visitors when he wasn't around. Alfa doesn't Know what happened behind his back, so he will be know your past, present or Future?

Iman + Istiqamah + Sabr

(1) (Reply)

Slaughtering Of Animal At Eid-ul-kabir (odun Ileya) / A Goal From Israeli Club's Muslim Signing Sparks Walk-out By Fans / The Qur'an - Allah's Word Or Muhammad's?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.