Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Breaking: Court Orders Probe Of Akpabio Over Alleged N3bn Contract Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Court Orders Probe Of Akpabio Over Alleged N3bn Contract Scam (249 Views)

DPR Director Vows To Expose Accomplices In N3bn Contract Scam / Senator Kalu Replies Akpabio Over NDDC Contract / Throwback Photo Of Akpabio And Joi Nunieh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Court Orders Probe Of Akpabio Over Alleged N3bn Contract Scam by SibaKeAkwaibom: 9:41am On Dec 04, 2020
BREAKING NEWS

Court Orders Probe Of Akpabio Over Alleged N3bn Contract Scam, Sacks Pondei’s NDDC Interim Management

A Federal High Court in Abuja yesterday granted an order restraining Prof. Kemebradikumo Pondei, Mr. Cairo Ojougboh, and others from performing the functions of the board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

Justice Ahmed Mohammed also granted leave to the applicant to apply for judicial review for an order of mandamus compelling the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), sued as the 9th defendant in the suit to investigate the Minister of Niger Delta, Senator Godswill Akpabio, and the five members of the board over allegations of N3 billion contract fraud.

In suit number ABJ/CS/617/2020, Justice Mohammed, in a ruling on an application by a Civil Society Organisation Forum for Accountability and Good Governance, restrained them from parading themselves as Board members of the NDDC.

The court granted leave to the applicant to apply for judicial review of the powers of the President or the Minister of Niger Delta to appoint Prof. Pondei, Dr. Ojougboh, and others in an interim capacity as members of the NDDC board.

By this order of the court, the members of the NDDC Board are restrained from performing the functions of the board pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice which is fixed for December 8, 2020.

The plaintiff in the suit said it had notified President Muhammadu Buhari, the Attorney General of the Federation, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), the Department of State Services (DSS), the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), and ICPC of the interim vacancy in the commission.

The plaintiff also urged that the most senior civil servant or administrator in the commission be appointed and prayed that the suspended officers are stopped from accessing the commission’s offices and files.

This, according to them, is to prevent them from tampering with evidence which could be used by the ICPC in its probe.

Parties joined in the suit are the Attorney-General of the Federation, the Senate, Minister of the Niger Delta, Prof. Kemebradikumo Pondei and Dr. Cairo Ojougboh. Others are Dr. Joi Nunieh, Mrs. Caroline Nagbo, Cecilia Bukola Akintomide and ICPC.

https://wazobiareportersng.com/2020/12/03/court-orders-probe-of-akpabio-over-alleged-n3bn-contract-scam-sacks-pondeis-nddc-interim-management/

Re: Breaking: Court Orders Probe Of Akpabio Over Alleged N3bn Contract Scam by YoonSung66: 9:42am On Dec 04, 2020
Nigeria leaders from bottom to Top are just too corrupt, Buhari is not the problem only
Re: Breaking: Court Orders Probe Of Akpabio Over Alleged N3bn Contract Scam by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 04, 2020
Nothing will come out of it. Looters are worshipped in Nigeria. imagine billions of naira being looted on a daily basis. God pls I want to loot my own. God pls make a way for me so that I can loot and I promise to be a good looter and help people with my loot. God pls answer my prayers in Jesus name Amen

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Abiru Emerges Winner In Lagos East Senatorial Poll / Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG / Insecurity: Senate Summons Defence Minister, Service Chiefs, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.