Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG (249 Views)

Tinubu’s 50-member Emergency Teams Get Six Months To Rescue Economy / Tinubu Appoints Four Professionals To Head TCN [see List] / PDP Mourns Shehu Shagari, Urges FG To Name A National Institution After Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by iwaeda: 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2020
The Association of Professional Bodies in Nigeria has urged the Federal Government at all levels to engage the services of indigenous professionals in resolving the challenges confronting the country.

According to a statement titled ‘Engage local professionals to bring Nigeria out of recession, APBN charges FG,’ the association said core professionals in the country were underutilised and that Nigeria could quickly exit the current economic recession and other challenges by harnessing the “abundant” talents of local professionals.

Speaking to journalists during his investiture as the 17th President of the APBN, Mr Akinloye Oyegbola, said the body was seeking further cooperation with the government to proffer solutions to the myriad challenges confronting the country.

Oyegbola said, “Irrespective of what we have on the ground, in terms of the economy, the professionals in any country will always be there in trying to make things work. We, on our own, have taken up the challenge. All we are looking forward to is for the government to do the needful.

The Director General of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Habu Galadima, who was the guest speaker on the occasion, stated that Nigeria did not lack quality professionals that could offer solutions.

Galadima, who was represented by a director at the institute, Prof Mamman Gambo, said, “Given the diversity of professionals, if we can aggregate these talents we can overcome some of the challenges we face in this country.”

The President of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria, Dame Olajumoke Simplice, while speaking to journalists, described the APBN as a rallying point for all professionals in Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/engage-local-professionals-to-rescue-economy-apbn-urges-fg/
Re: Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by iwaeda: 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2020
Local or foreign professionals?
Re: Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2020
How then do you differentiate between quota system professionals and real professionals?

They might call it nepotism.
Re: Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2020
"Local professionals", as in "local looters"? Clowns everywhere! The economy CANNOT BE BETTER than it currently is. In fact, if not for the wisdom of President Mohammadu Buhari and his indomitable and competent team, the economy would have been far worse than the economy of Sodom and Gomorrah after the raging inferno; and the domino effect would have dragged our naira down in the most vicious and bearish manner, making it #5000/$1..

You think it's easy to maintain our bastardized economy at this level and for this long, even after the large-scale looting, corruption by previous administrations; Covid-19 effect, banditry and militancy? My brothers and sisters, not even the most powerful Prophet can, through miracle, do better than President Mohammadu Buhari is doing..

That's the gospel truth!

May God heal Nigeria..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by CodeTemplar: 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2020
SilverNorGold:
"Local professionals", as in "local looters"? Clowns everywhere! The economy CANNOT BE BETTER than it currently is. In fact, if not for the wisdom of President Mohammadu Buhari and his indomitable and competent team, the economy would have been far worse than the economy of Sodom and Gomorrah after the raging inferno; and the domino effect would have dragged our naira down in the most vicious and bearish manner, making it #5000/$1..

You think it's easy to maintain our bastardized economy at this level and for this long, even after the large-scale looting, corruption by previous administrations; Covid-19 effect, banditry and militancy? My brothers and sisters, not even the most powerful Prophet can, through miracle, do better than President Mohammadu Buhari is doing..

That's the gospel truth!

May God heal Nigeria..
He promised us better governance but once he got there seized control of key elements of the society and declared every other person incompetent. If he cannot diversify the economy effectively let him step aside. It isn't a bad idea if he resigns for Osinbajo to complete their current term.
Re: Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
He promised us better governance but once he got there seized control of key elements of the society and declared every other person incompetent. If he cannot diversify the economy effectively let him step aside. It isn't a bad idea if he resigns for Osinbajo to complete their current term.

My brother, I think you have a lot of reading to do! Drop hatred aside, do some Google search and get yourself updated! President Mohammadu Buhari has done excellently well. Economy is being diversified, infrastructural projects in full gear, human development enjoying premium attention, despite all the issues on ground! You need someone brave, smart, industrious and intelligent to steer the affairs of this great country in this trying time.. No one can do it better than PMB..

LOL, Buhari should resign for Osinbajo? You must be joking! Now I understand where you are driving at! Mind you, after President Buhari, an Igbo man is taking over. I no longer support an SW presidency. You people cannot fool us! Continue antagonizing, backstabbing and frustrating President Mohammadu Buhari, you'll hear from us at the appropriate time.

May God help Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by CodeTemplar: 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, I think you have a lot of reading to do! Drop hatred aside, do some Google search and get yourself updated! President Mohammadu Buhari has done excellently well. Economy is being diversified, infrastructural projects in full gear, human development enjoying premium attention, despite all the issues on ground! You need someone brave, smart, industrious and intelligent to steer the affairs of this great country in this trying time.. No one can do it better than PMB..

LOL, Buhari should resign for Osinbajo? You must be joking! Now I understand where you are driving at! Mind you, after President Buhari, an Igbo man is taking over. I no longer support an SW presidency. You people cannot fool us! Continue antagonizing, backstabbing and frustrating President Mohammadu Buhari, you'll hear from us at the appropriate time.

May God help Nigeria.

If both Buhari & Osinbajo have to resign and an Igbo man takeover, then so be it. I am tired of the current dictatorial regime.
He isn't diversifying nothing. Just signing allocations and pushing capital projects to points of interest.
Re: Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:

If both Buhari & Osinbajo have to resign and an Igbo man takeover, then so be it. I am tired of the current dictatorial regime.
He isn't diversifying nothing. Just signing allocations and pushing capital projects to points of interest.

Hehehe, my brother.. It's well.. Nothing we say or do can change your mind, so what's the point?

May God bless us all, dear. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by CodeTemplar: 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Hehehe, my brother.. It's well.. Nothing we say or do can change your mind, so what's the point?

May God bless us all, dear. cheesy
Buhari wasn't elected to change minds but welfare.
Re: Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Buhari wasn't elected to change minds but welfare.

You are not making sense, my brother. When you are ready to purge your bitter heart of hatred, then reread my posts and do as instructed.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by CodeTemplar: 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2020
SilverNorGold:

You are not making sense, my brother. When you are ready to purge your bitter heart of hatred, then reread my posts and do as instructed.

God bless Nigeria.
Madness starts with a perfect self appraisal. You can rant about sense all you want, I leave the people to judge who made sense.
Re: Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG by Adblg0610: 3:24am On Dec 13, 2020
MEET MEMBERS OF BUHARI's ECONOMIC ADVISORY COUNCIL
September 16, 2019

President Muhammadu Buhari has constituted an Economic Advisory Council (EAC) to replace the administration’s Economic Management Team,headed by Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

President Buhari appointed the following experts:

1. Prof. Doyin Salami – Chairman

2. Dr Mohammed Sagagi – Vice-Chairman

3. Prof. Ode Ojowu – Member

4. Dr Shehu Yahaya – Member

5. Dr Iyabo Masha – Member

6. Prof. Chukwuma Soludo – Member

7. Mr Bismark Rewane – Member

8. Dr Mohammed Adaya Salisu – Secretary (Senior Special Assistant to the President, Development Policy)

It was this Economic Advisory Council that was responsible for the removal of pms subsidy, increase in electricity tariff, partial liberalisation of the foreign exchange policy,among other tough ,inevitable but beneficial decisions.

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: Senate Summons Defence Minister, Service Chiefs, Others / Okali's Marriage Anniversary: Kalu Promise To Construct More Roads In Ohafia / PDP Lawmaker, Nkole Begs Orjo Kalu To Support Ikpeazu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.