Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,470 members, 7,861,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:43 AM

Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children (645 Views)

Have You Seen This Mistake Aljazera Made About The Governor Of Akwa Ibom? / Buhari, Probe Jonathan For The Sake Of National Interest! - Theophilus Danjuma / "Don't Make Election Rigger A Minister"-abuja Protest Against Mobanikoro(picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by jaymanny: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2011
Going through today's newspapers this morning, I read that the President, Mr GEJ is leading on all presidential polls in the country. Personally, I do not believe these polls. But, if this happens to truly be the choice of Nigerians then I see that Nigerians are satisfied with suffering and stagnation! I do not see GEJ winning, but if the polls are anything to go by then he would.

I personally do not have anything against Mr. Jonathan, but as the saying goes "show me your friend and I'll tell you who you are", the PDP is the worst thing to ever hit this country.

I stay in Abuja and I see these people everyday. This country has more than enough money to be better and more beautiful than the UAE but scavengers are just too much, it's unbelievable.

My colleagues and I were speaking to very wealthy contractor here in Abuja, and he was telling us that for the sake of his bank account, he would vote in GEJ but for the sake of his children, he would vote Ribadu. HE went on to say that Gen. Buhari would have been great but for his age. He said his generation has failed us and so it was up to us to not fail the next generation. He said his generation cared too much about wants and not needs. After an hour or so of talk, I was moved to write this.

Personally,away from the dirty rumours they spread about Ribadu, I would vote him and Fola Adeola any day because they have proven themselves in positions of leadership in the past and their age and connection with our generation is a plus. I would however be OK if Gen. Buhari wins as he has also proven himself to be an honest man in the past, the downside being his age.

It's up to us now, vote for same of the same and you would have NO RIGHT to complain about unfavorable conditions that would follow. The ball is in your court. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by PapaBrowne(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2011
The sad and honest reality is that the other parties are not too different from the PDP. ACN has shown its hand in Tinubu. CPC is relatively unknown and as we've come too see is really just a regional party. ANPP is the same as PDP. The politicians are all the same. PDP is the worst because they control state resources.
As per the individuals, we are faced with candidates that all have their weaknesses and some strengths.

The best team in terms of knowledge and capacity like you said is the Ribadu/ Adeola team. They would probably initiate the best programs but their capacity to deliver would be hampered by the complex political landscape they would find in Abuja. Suddenly, they would find themselves having to learn on the job which isn't good for a country desperately in need of change.

Buhari/Bakare have the will and determination but from the debate I watched have no idea what the real problems of this country are. Buhari's responses on the solution to the Niger Delta, Power and Education were more than pathetic. However, he has the advantage of a desire to tackle corruption in government, but he will be faced with a massive uprising in the Niger Delta because of his sanctimonious rigidity and this would hamper his capacity to deliver any projects or even attract foreign investments.

Jonathan/ Sambo team has the advantage of both the Niger Delta and the power sector reforms. Corruption would probably thrive in governance, but the country would definitely experience economic growth and prosperity. Infrastructure development would probably be handed over to the private sector which I think is excellent.

Shekarau is the most intelligent of all of them, has the best grasp on Governance, but surely cannot win the elections.

In my opinion, any of the winners would bring something to the table which I think puts us in a better place than the 2007 elections!!
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by gernded(m): 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2011
Dear poster,

show me your friend and i show you who you are:

NGIGE IS CHRIS UBA'S FRIEND 2003 WHAT HAPPEN?

YARDUAR WAS OBASANJO FRIEND WHAT HAPPEN?

IBB AND OBJ WAS FRIENDS 1999 WHAT HAPPEN?

GEJ IS AN ACCOMMODATING MAN HE ACCOMMODATE EVERYBODY BUT WITH TIME HE WILL MAKE CHOICE THIS IS ELECTION PERIOD DO NOT JUDGE ANY POLITICIAN WITH WHOM HE OR SHE IS DEALING WITH.

GEJ WILL WIN 1MILLION TIME AND HE WILL PERFORM WELL.
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by monkeyleg: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2011
^^^^^ Sorry my brother, but your answer is too simplistic. There is not way an economy can grow or progress with the level of corruption in Nigeria. I will want to see he who claims he can fill a bucket with a seive
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by wesley80(m): 12:17pm On Mar 23, 2011
monkeyleg:

^^^^^ Sorry my brother, but your answer is too simplistic. There is not way an economy can grow or progress with the level of corruption in Nigeria. I will want to see he who claims he can fill a bucket with a seive

What do u know about Economics? Instead of trying to sound like a very ignorant version of Pat Utomi, why not stick to your area of strength; Mudslinging?
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by Jamesakume(m): 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
PapaBrowne:

The best team in terms of knowledge and capacity like you said is the Ribadu/ Adeola team. They would probably initiate the best programs but their capacity to deliver would be hampered by the complex political landscape they would find in Abuja. Suddenly, they would find themselves having to learn on the job which isn't good for a country desperately in need of change.

I dont see Nuhu Ribadu, having any problems with the "Complex political landscape" he will find in Abuja, This so called "Complex landscape" is fueled by corruption and insensitivity to the needs of the average Nigerian. What he offers is a break from the norm, with Nuhu Ribadu its no more "business as usual". I support and believe in the Ribadu/Adeola ticket, for the sake of our children unborn, for the love of humanity, for the common good, and for a secured & bright future. [quote][/quote]

Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by PapaBrowne(m): 12:44pm On Mar 23, 2011
I dont see Nuhu Ribadu, having any problems with the "Complex political landscape" he will find in Abuja, This so called "Complex landscape" is fueled by corruption and insensitivity to the needs of the average Nigerian. What he offers is a break from the norm, with Nuhu Ribadu its no more "business as usual". I support and believe in the Ribadu/Adeola ticket, for the sake of our children unborn, for the love of humanity, for the common good, and for a secured & bright future.

Lets do a scenario analysis! Imagine for a moment that after Ribadu/Adeola become president, the militants return to the creeks and start blowing up pipelines and reduce our oil production to near zero, limiting the capacity of the FG to deliver on its promises. Now can you give me a picture on how these two non-political types would seek to handle it?? You would be needing the strong men of the Niger Delta (most of whom are extremely corrupt) to prevail on the militants to sheath their swords! Are they capable of commandeering the respect of these strong men?? These are real questions and it can be applied to many facets of the problems we face!! My fear us that on getting to Abuja, these two men would realise the mess that the country is and would succumb to the mess!!
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by monkeyleg: 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2011
wesley80:

What do u know about Economics? Instead of trying to sound like a very ignorant version of Pat Utomi, why not stick to your area of strength; Mudslinging?

By the way, not quite sure how this thread affects you. After all you have already sold your children to PDP by accepting 1000naira during the last election in Delta state.

So, be patient, in 3 weeks time you will have an opportunity to accept money for votes.
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by johnie: 12:46pm On Mar 23, 2011
PapaBrowne, good analysis.

I am with you on this one!

"In my opinion, any of the winners would bring something to the table which I think puts us in a better place than the 2007 elections!!"

Democracy is a process.

Weeks after the revolutions in Egypt and Tunisia, not much has changed in the lives of the common man except the feel-good complex!
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by wesley80(m): 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2011
@ Monkeyleg
Now thats more like you. See how comfortable you look when u're doin your thing. If you were a fish i'm certain you wld be of the most dumb specie, you just cant wait to swallow a bait. See your life?
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by bkbabe97y(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Jonathan/ Sambo team has the advantage of both the Niger Delta and the power sector reforms. Corruption would probably thrive in governance, but the country would definitely experience economic growth and prosperity. Infrastructure development would probably be handed over to the private sector which I think is excellent.

You were doing good until u blundered with the above.

Corruption staunches development. There can never be the "desired" level of development in a society as perversely corrupt as the one yall got in Nigeria. "Infrastructural Development would be handed over to the private sector" ?. ROFLMAO. Who in his right mind would wanna do business in such an unfriendly climate where bribes are required every 3 seconds.

Dude, a vote for GEJ is begging that Nigeria be on the same ranking as places like Equitorial Guinea or Bangladesh!
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 23, 2011
It is sad to see what PDP has done to this country for the past 11 years. We had a lot of hope in the party at first because it contained a lot of people that seemed to have a lot of experience and vision, but at the end of the day, its clear to see that we were better off in the days of military rule.

GEJ, as far as i am concerned is no different from his party members. He seems too timid and visionless. He has made a lot of empty promises and continues to make more empty and unrealistic promises with no visible blueprint backing it up. GEJ is a member of PDP and as the saying goes, "IT IS MADNESS TO KEEP DOING THE SAME THING REPEATEDLY AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT RESULT". Personally, we have given PDP 12years of our democracy and we have been worse off than ever before. The country is in shambles, absence of a Justice system, Looting of the treasury to a point of distress, Chaotic power supply, a dead educational system, abysmal unemployment and underemployment rates, to  mention but a few.

Personally, i think it is time to have a different approach to this problem. Praying is not going to solve this because since the dawn of time we have always prayed but have ended up at this point.

I will vote wisely and hope against PDP that this elections would not be rigged.
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by PapaBrowne(m): 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2011
bk.babe97y:

You were doing good until u blundered with the above.

Corruption staunches development. There can never be the "desired" level of development in a society as perversely corrupt as the one yall got in Nigeria. "Infrastructural Development would be handed over to the private sector" ?. ROFLMAO. Who in his right mind would wanna do business in such an unfriendly climate where bribes are required every 3 seconds.

Dude, a vote for GEJ is begging that Nigeria be on the same ranking as places like Equitorial Guinea or Bangladesh!

You've asked a good question for once. And I have only one answer.

MTN, GLO, AIRTEL are doing business in such an unfriendly environment where bribes are required every three seconds., And a host of other investors are lining up like its a gold rush!! FYI, MTN made sales of over $5 billion in Nigeria and made 5 times more profits than the behemoth called Facebook made in 2009.

Anybody that wouldn't want to do business in such a country would have himself to blame!!
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by Colonia(m): 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2011
na wa o! this country sha na we dey do ourselves. we  dey advocate for leaders wey no get anything to offer us and we wan complain afterwards. PDP children are set for life leaving the rest of us to worry about our children. GOD will judge!!!! But please remember we have an opportunity to make this change if we miss the boat 2020 we still talking crap! true talk
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by naso2(m): 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2011
PapaBrowne:

The sad and honest reality is that the other parties are not too different from the PDP. ACN has shown its hand in Tinubu. CPC is relatively unknown and as we've come too see is really just a regional party. ANPP is the same as PDP. The politicians are all the same. PDP is the worst because they control state resources.
As per the individuals, we are faced with candidates that all have their weaknesses and some strengths.

The best team in terms of [size=15pt]knowledge[/size] and capacity like you said is the Ribadu/ Adeola team. They would probably initiate the best programs but their capacity to deliver would be hampered by the complex political landscape they would find in Abuja. Suddenly, they would find themselves having to learn on the job which isn't good for a country desperately in need of change.

Buhari/Bakare have the will and determination but from the debate[b] I watched have no idea what the real problems of this country are. Buhari's responses on the solution to the Niger Delta, Power and Education were more than pathetic. [/b] However, he has the advantage of a desire to tackle corruption in government, but he will be faced with a massive uprising in the Niger Delta because of his sanctimonious rigidity and this would hamper his capacity to deliver any projects or even attract foreign investments.

Shekarau is the most intelligent of all of them, has the best grasp on Governance, but surely cannot win the elections.

In my opinion, any of the winners would bring something to the table which I think puts us in a better place than the 2007 elections!!

May be you have not been listening to ribadu's debates. That  guys knowledege is still at "aluta continua" level. HE talks like someone contesting SUG elections in one AREWA university. Fola adeola did not impress me either in the NN24 debates, may be i am expecting too much from him anyway.

on Buhari it is even more pathetic when you consider that this is a "student" sitting for the same "exam" for the third time. If he is this pathetic 8 years after his first attempt, what would have been his reponse to these questions in 2003. Infact OBJ FOR RUB DIS GUY FOR FLOOR.
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by LFJ: 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Buhari/Bakare have the will and determination but from the debate I watched have no idea what the real problems of this country are. Buhari's responses on the solution to the Niger Delta, Power and Education were more than pathetic. However, he has the advantage of a desire to tackle corruption in government, but he will be faced with a massive uprising in the Niger Delta because of his sanctimonious rigidity and this would hamper his capacity to deliver any projects or even attract foreign investments.

If the only advantage Jonathan/Sambo has over others are Niger Delta and the power sector reforms that means they don't have anything to offer. The root causes of Niger Delta and power sector problem is corruption. Niger Delta issue is less than 1% of Nigeria problem.
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by onyengbu: 2:51pm On Mar 23, 2011
gernded:

Dear poster,

show me your friend and i show you who you are:

NGIGE IS CHRIS UBA'S FRIEND 2003 WHAT HAPPEN?

YARDUAR WAS OBASANJO FRIEND WHAT HAPPEN?

IBB AND OBJ WAS FRIENDS 1999 WHAT HAPPEN?

GEJ IS AN ACCOMMODATING MAN HE ACCOMMODATE EVERYBODY BUT WITH TIME HE WILL MAKE CHOICE THIS IS ELECTION PERIOD DO NOT JUDGE ANY POLITICIAN WITH WHOM HE OR SHE IS DEALING WITH.

GEJ WILL WIN 1MILLION TIME AND HE WILL PERFORM WELL.
[size=18pt]You forgot to add:

Fashola was and still is TINUBU's friend, what happened? grin[/size]
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by Demdem(m): 2:57pm On Mar 23, 2011
Papabrowne, i like your analysis but i dont neccessary agree with it. However, just few things to sort out

PapaBrowne:

Lets do a scenario analysis! Imagine for a moment that after Ribadu/Adeola become president, the militants return to the creeks and start blowing up pipelines and reduce our oil production to near zero, limiting the capacity of the FG to deliver on its promises. Now can you give me a picture on how these two non-political types would seek to handle it?? You would be needing the strong men of the Niger Delta (most of whom are extremely corrupt) to prevail on the militants to sheath their swords! Are they capable of commandeering the respect of these strong men?? These are real questions and it can be applied to many facets of the problems we face!! My fear us that on getting to Abuja, these two men would realise the mess that the country is and would succumb to the mess!!

I honestly detest seing this word. To me, i will call them criminals. Dont get me wrong here, i know (because i am located there) that there are legitimate concerns in the ND but its obvioust to all that these chaps arent agitating for the benefit of the people they claim to be for, instead its really for themselves.
Secondly, some of them are back there, remember the bomd blast that happened in Agip location just of recent. Any Nigerian that is focussed and determined can ultimately solve the ND problem, its not a must that such must be from ND afterall, it was an Northern man that gave the amnesty in the first place even though i have always known that to be cosmectic in nature.

PapaBrowne:

You've asked a good question for once. And I have only one answer.

MTN, GLO, AIRTEL are doing business in such an unfriendly environment where bribes are required every three seconds., And a host of other investors are lining up like its a gold rush!! FYI, MTN made sales of over $5 billion in Nigeria and made 5 times more profits than the behemoth called Facebook made in 2009.

Anybody that wouldn't want to do business in such a country would have himself to blame!!

good one you have up ther no doubt but the question here is at whose expense? Its no news that Nigerians pay heavily to maintain their Phones. I doubt if our fellow africans pay as much as we do for each second we use to communicate. Govt should be responsible enough to fight for our cause in this regard all these years.
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 23, 2011
Colonia:

na wa o! this country sha na we dey do ourselves. we  dey advocate for leaders wey no get anything to offer us and we wan complain afterwards. PDP children are set for life leaving the rest of us to worry about our children. GOD will judge!!!! But please remember we have an opportunity to make this change if we miss the boat 2020 we still talking crap! true talk

word!!
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by koyuid(m): 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2011
Telling us that GEJ/Sambo are the best candidates we have is complete crap anybody advocating for PDP either has no conscience or is a beneficiary of the farce and charade that is going on in this country. GEJ has been on the saddle for how many months now what strategic actions have we seen from him, he goes about making promises he cannot deliver. The biggest problem we have in this country right now is corruption and indiscipline. what has GEJ/OBJ/PDP done to address that in the past 12 years?
Re: Don't Make This Mistake: For The Sake Of Our Children by koyuid(m): 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2011
The countries we always make refrence to and we strive to be like in terms of economic development,countries like japan,usa,canada etc. are they being run the same way pdp has been running this country for the past 12years and any time we propose change you people will come up with lame excuses, Ribadu he is too young and inexperienced,Buhari he is too old and rigid, Shekarau he is too reserved excuses and excuses so who in God's name do you guys want?

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu, Shekarau Under Pressure To Quit For Buhari / On 2011 General Elections: Duress And Undue Influence On Prof Attahiru Jega / Botched Polls Exposed Pdp’s Rigging Strategies – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.