Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge (29291 Views)

200 Houses To Go As Wike Orders Demolition Of Abuja Village For Presidential Plo / Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by BigBashiru: 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2020
Officialgarri:
Abuja paid the same price under El-rufai. Now Abuja remains the most beautiful city in Nigeria

Beautiful only to the eyes....but ugly in terms of the hearts of the population.

1 Like

Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by KingAbdulazeez: 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2020
I Hope The Compensation Will Be Enough To Build Or Buy Another House.

1 Like

Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by Sanmigbola: 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2020
lindareep:

Yes too much...

Don't worry I will pay for the extra services and I don't do 'kiss and tell'
Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by Guestlander: 5:11pm On Dec 04, 2020
Rendering.

2 Likes

Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by balingaonline(m): 5:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
Any developments that take place in Lagos State, we the people of Ogun State will also enjoy it, we are the only state connecting to our Nigeria USA,
my heart goes to the affected landlord, may Almighty Allah comfort them,

please how long is 3rd Mainland bridge? I want take am to calculate how proposed 4th bridge go long

1 Like

Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by NellaObi: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
Make dem first finish second Niger bridge that is even shorter grin.. talk tslk government.. all means to embezzzle

1 Like

Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by murmee: 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2020
Praxis758:
If they use 20 years to lay foundation of madness, when will the public start enjoying the theatric madness.
I'm laughing!
Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by ruggie: 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
Does any one have a map of where this bridge would be located ?
Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by oluwasegun007(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
No be untop water the bridge wan pass...
Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by Oracleforce: 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2020
Pierocash:
One wicked landlord is about to lose his building without compensations

Since you will. never build a house in your lifetime so, you don't need to worry about the demolition...

So, enjoy your lifetime of tenancy from eternity to eternity
Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 04, 2020
How many times should we read about the houses to be demolished for this bridge biko nu.

Badagary express way is going to fifteen years yet nothing meaningful has been done there

They have even started repairing worn-out portions in places like Suru-alaba and Mile 2. Pupils who are in primary two this year may still use this bridge to campaign.

1 Like

Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by Coinbased: 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2020
Jesus
Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by wellmax(m): 9:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

It is alleged that the cost of demolition per houses is N10million (allegedly)

Allegedly = FAKE NEWS.
Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by HRMK: 12:06am On Dec 05, 2020
nor be bridges be solution to lapos traffic problems!railways and waterways!even 20bridges wont solve it!!
Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by PHAYOL81: 3:25am On Dec 05, 2020
I think there was a time-frame. I think the project's to be developed by investor and managed by them for an agreed period of time like they did the lekki-ikoyi link bridge so finance shouldn't be a problem. I think it's projected to be completed inbetween three to four years and was meant to start around december this year. I'm not sure if the starting date has shifted as the information i just shared was of late last year, (perhaps, early this year) predating covid19, which might have affected the plan.
cc: @one4me, @adewumiopeyemi, @lindareep
Re: 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge by Konquest: 6:09pm On Mar 14
ijustdey:
‘Proposed bridge will boost global business’

‘Proposed bridge will boost global business’

The Federal and Lagos State governments have said 795 houses might be demolished to pave the way for the construction of the proposed 37-kilometre Fourth Mainland Bridge.

The two authorities said a lot of efforts had been made to reduce the number of affected structures from about 9,000 to less than 800.

This was even as the state government assured that owners of the affected property would be adequately compensated, despite the prevailing economy circumstances.

It said all stakeholders would be satisfactorily considered in the execution of the project.

Speaking at the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Stakeholders’ scoping workshop with the Federal Ministry of Environment in Lagos, Environment Minister Mamoud Abubakar said there should be sincere commitment on the part of Lagos State government on the compensation for owners of affected properties.

The minister, who was represented by a director in the ministry, James Kolawole, explained that though the project would have about 16 alignments, but the best had been selected.

“There was an alignment that will affect about 9,000 structures along the corridor, but we have reviewed it and gone for the alignment that will affect about 795 houses, instead of the one that will take more houses. It is an ongoing thing on how best to minimise the negative impact,” he said.

The State Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development said the bridge, which will connect Lagos and Ogun states, will pass through Abraham Adesanya in Lagos and Sparklight Estate near the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway in Ogun State.

A town planner in the ministry, Mr. Abayomi Omolola Amos said the alignment of the project had been carefully designed to reduce the number of houses that should be demolished.

The Federal Government said the proposed bridge will boost economic growth and enhance international trade.

Abubakar said the Lagos State government had been working on the project for about four years and had made several representations to the Federal Government.

The minister, whom spoke through Kolawole, said the project would enhance commerce and international trade to improve the people’s livelihoods.

He congratulated the state government on the laudable project, while stressing the need to take cognisance of both positive and negative impacts of the project on stakeholders.

According to him, doing this will ensure all issues are addressed to avoid compromising the comfort of future generations.

“For us as a ministry, we are happy with the positive impact, but there is need to resolve the negative aspects: what we need is sustainable development,” he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/795-houses-to-go-for-lagos-fourth-mainland-bridge/
Bump.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flood Takes Over People's Properties In Rivers State (Photos) / Family Of Female Corper Trapped In Collapsed Ikoyi Building Prays She Is Alive / My Experience With 'The Owerri Client'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.